Author Topic: Five-Person Collab Game: Desperate Times  (Read 1216 times)

Offline Pai

• smol potato
  • Mortar
  • tutturu!
    • View Profile
Re: Five-Person Collab Game: Desperate Times
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2013, 10:01 pm »
As many as it takes. But don't make a whole bunch of tiny, short levels. Make them really long or do backtracking, like my first level. Go east through the enemy compound to unlock the west base, then go through the west base to get passage to the city, go east back through the compound into town... see what I did?
I'll do this. I'll make a new level.

Offline Crazykittyzz

• Soldier and a
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • sivershadows ;-;
    • View Profile
    • Sploder
Re: Who wants a collab?
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2013, 11:57 am »

Offline Vexation

• Cruiser
  • I'm aiming my catapult to go high on Sploder.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2013, 06:49 pm »
I want to know your idea of everything thus far so I can follow your pattern.
-What is the thing under you at the start?
-Why does it not work at first but on the way back it does?
-What is the purpose of the east base?
-Where is the town/city?
-Am I allowed to alter the landscape?
-What is the main character trying to do?
-Should the main character accomplish this on the first level?
-It's your crashed spaceship.
-It doesn't work. I haven't linked it to be able to escape yet.
-The east compound protects the key to the west base, which in turn gives you a town permit, which allows you into town.
-The town will be directly to the right of the east compound. I'm thinking up graphics for it.
-Only if you think it would make the game more challenging or make a good scenery trick.
-The main character is trying to get his ship out of the ditch it crashed in.
-Yes, once the main character gets into town, someone will offer to blow out a bit of the cave. Walking into their establishment blows it up regardless, and your ship can escape. Then you have the ability to fly over the mountains left of the town, and then you land an grab the crystal. This is the first level.

SECOND LEVEL PLAN:
There is a description that says as soon as you landed, your ship was taken and driven to a second town.
I'll do this. I'll make a new level.
I didn't really want that, but I fit it into the story. Your town will be moved to Lvl. 3 and become the second town. I called it Akuria Village. Lvl. 2 has you fighting through a jungle to get to Akuria. NOTE: Stop using the same graphics. I established a block example list in Pai's level. DO NOT:
Use the raider graphics for every enemy, as Pai did in the game. Design new graphics if you want enemies that bad. Otherwise, wait for me to make them.
Use the flying guy's graphic for every character. He is special, as he is the Guardian of Firaon. I will make other graphics for characters.
Mix up background and tile graphics. This will lead to confusion when others are playing the game.
Just make random links and door-openers. (Pai) Give a plausible reason why that store is being opened and why it was shut in the first place.
So... am I accepted?
I would love to let you, as you are very good at game-making, but all the slots are filled. Unless someone abandons the collab and gives up their spot, you'll have to wait till my next collab. If anyone wants to abandon the collab, tell me. I will vacate your slot.

Thanks, everyone! This is going a lot better than I thought it would!  :D

Offline alon

• General
  • Bugmeister
    • View Profile
    • Sploder
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2013, 08:53 pm »
Okay. x.x

Offline Pai

• smol potato
  • Mortar
  • tutturu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2013, 05:49 am »
I did some of level 2.

Offline Vexation

• Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2013, 04:48 pm »
Pai, I tweaked the level a bit. I'll make new graphics for enemies and stuff, but for now:
LEVEL THREE PLOT:
You wake up in an unfinished hotel called Crosshopp's Inn. Mr. Crosshopp really wants to finish it, but can't find certain objects.
One CHANDELIER
Four PILLOWS
These are hidden throughout the town. The opening of the inn allows you to heal yourself from the jungle wounds.
A miner was inside the cave to the west of town when he came across three crystals, one of which glowed blue. You suspect that this was one of the keys into the Enforcer station. Sure enough, there were Enforcers searching the area. To get to the key, you must:
BYPASS THE ENFORCERS
SET OFF ALL THE DYNAMITE
DEFEAT MONGELDORR
Mongeldorr is a cave creature. As a boss, it fiercely protects the crystals. Once defeated, you will get two crystals and a BLUE KEY.
BURN INTO THE CONTROL ROOM
GRAB THE YELLOW KEY
After burning your way in, you can see that the thing jamming the gears was the yellow key into the Enforcer station.
BATTLE SEWER RATS
FIND SEPTIC BASIN
FIGHT THE MUTANT
After the giant mutant is defeated, the green key is available to be taken. You find the boy in the sewer, searching. He says that since you found it, you could keep it.
After fighting your way through the Enforcer station, you can go into the door, guarded by someone who lets you through when you pay him the four crystals you've obtained. (One on the far side of the mountain, Lv. 1, one in the jungle, Lv. 2, and two in the cave, Lv. 3)

Offline Pai

• smol potato
  • Mortar
  • tutturu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2013, 05:52 am »
I'll do some more later.

Offline swordmaster100

• Speeder
  • Live to game.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2013, 12:36 pm »
The tweaks that I've added...
-Slight Expansion of East base
-Addition of an "armory" in east base
-Your objective is to rob this armory and use their weapons against them
-I gave a characteristic to the east base enemies they have a "thing" for heat, so their are many hazards.
-The door at the end of the armory is one-way to avoid ammo spamming.
-We can add an alternate exit at the end of the East Base later.

Offline Vexation

• Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2013, 08:16 pm »
No, the reason you're getting into the east compound is to get through and go into town. Finding that town's all sewn up tight, however, you use a dropped key to get out of the compound and into the west base, where you find a way through the guard post. I'll look and see if I have to reverse the updates, though. Nice idea!

REMEMBER: Never use left-up or right-up RampTiles, use left and right StairTiles. Climbability is a way to add exploration to the game.

Offline swordmaster100

• Speeder
  • Live to game.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2013, 01:55 am »
No, the reason you're getting into the east compound is to get through and go into town. Finding that town's all sewn up tight, however, you use a dropped key to get out of the compound and into the west base, where you find a way through the guard post. I'll look and see if I have to reverse the updates, though. Nice idea!

REMEMBER: Never use left-up or right-up RampTiles, use left and right StairTiles. Climbability is a way to add exploration to the game.
Sorry, I was just so confused on the objectives. I just attempted to help. I will spend some time on it tomorrow.