Sploder Forums

Announcements => New Member Introductions => Topic started by: deathleaf on September 24, 2012, 01:29 am

Title: Basic guide to making a feature worthy game.
Post by: deathleaf on September 24, 2012, 01:29 am
Story, not always needed but does usually add a lot to a game.

Traps, always good to make it that people have to either think about it after dying the first time or make it obvious but hard to get out.

Decoration, a good decor to a game is usually a good feel to the game, especially if it ties up to the theme of the game.

Puzzle, most featured games have at least one or 2 but they aren't required for a feature but its usually harder without them.

Good placement of objects, if you have random objects everywhere or there is no particular place to go games get either to hard or just annoying.

Power ups, most games have at least 1 or 2 different power ups, these make the game fun and exciting and help for puzzles.

Lastly multiple levels!! Self explanatory.

You now have 70% of the knowledge to make a good game, the other 30% is your own design and own flavour to the game.
Title: Re: Basic guide to making a feature worthy game.
Post by: lcraniuml on September 24, 2012, 08:06 am
Most of the stuff you mentioned is not needed.
Title: Re: Basic guide to making a feature worthy game.
Post by: deathleaf on September 25, 2012, 03:10 am
Most of the stuff you mentioned is not needed.

Well it works for me.
Title: Re: Basic guide to making a feature worthy game.
Post by: thesploderguide on September 25, 2012, 04:25 pm
Fantastic......  :) But, You Forgot GamePlay....
Quote
GamePlay Is Important And Design...
  ::) Well, Nice Guide By The Way. Its Very Orginized.  8)
Title: Re: Basic guide to making a feature worthy game.
Post by: King Jeremy the Wicked on October 14, 2012, 08:42 pm
Fantastic......  :) But, You Forgot GamePlay....   ::) Well, Nice Guide By The Way. Its Very Orginized.  8)
Yes I agree.  A good guide.
Title: Re: Basic guide to making a feature worthy game.
Post by: nintendo1cri3 on October 15, 2012, 09:24 am
thanks for the info.
Title: Re: Basic guide to making a feature worthy game.
Post by: G1 on October 21, 2012, 05:24 pm
Thanks.