collapse

Stories Untold

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General / Re: Hey guys
« Last post by wordigirl on Today at 01:36 PM »
truthful lies
Game Discussion / Re: my EGD game ratings (0/20)
« Last post by wordigirl on Today at 01:36 PM »
I'll do mine tomorrow when I'm in a first class Hi Wi-Fi zone. :8):
General / Re: Future of Sploder
« Last post by 7grant2 on Today at 01:29 PM »
No one is making an effort to save the mainsite even though converting at least 2 creators to HTML5 could definitely be done. This is why I no longer like this community.
You are included in the community so you also are the problem, by your logic.

Also, a couple members have made some attempt at porting games. I recall someone made a Unity variant of sploder with some success. If you wish to help with the port, then a team can be organized, but overall the community lacks the skills and recourses to embark on such a project.

EDIT: I expressed interest in redoing the the creators / making new creators a while ago, but no one expressed interest in joining. Furthermore, I have a degree in computer science and some web dev experience, but I don't know the skill level of the rest of the forum. I'm also very busy, so I would absolutely need a dedicated team to manage this project.

-- quote --
the mainsite isn't the heart of the community.
-- end quote --

Making games is the splodeing purpose of Sploder. What was created first, the MS or the forums? That's right. You can't just forget about the reason this place exists in a blind attempt to keep this community from inevitably falling apart.
Everyone joined Sploder from the Main Site. This is true. However, many people stay for the community and not the MS. Many older members fall in this category and newer people just like chatting with members.

The goal of this and the previous voting is to determine if the community has common enough ideals to form a new community based upon those ideals. We all have loved making games on Sploder, and if there is some way to save it, then those up to the task can embark on it. But for now, it's a good idea to see how we can all stay together and keep building relations online after this place may end, in the Sploder way. It's about sticking together and not drifting apart.
Game Discussion / Re: my EGD game ratings (0/20)
« Last post by Crazykittyzz on Today at 12:56 PM »
DO THEM ALL NOW  :8): :8): :8): :8):
General / Re: i miss you guys
« Last post by Crazykittyzz on Today at 12:53 PM »
hiya man
General / Re: Hey guys
« Last post by Enigma on Today at 12:49 PM »
freedom fries
General / Re: i miss you guys
« Last post by Enigma on Today at 12:46 PM »
you're a good member
General / Re: Why do Japanese websites look like it's still 2001