collapse

Stories Untold

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Users Online:

sivershadows sivershadows
LegendaryBrick LegendaryBrick

Members: 3
Guests: 89
Hidden: 1

Author Topic: CONTRIVE II - Test Subject 1  (Read 59 times)

Offline cheesegrater1

• Repeller
  • Grating cheese at the moment
    • View Profile
    • Awards
CONTRIVE II - Test Subject 1
« on: May 18, 2018, 01:19 AM »
This game has been in production for sometime now and is very thick with game play, intricate puzzles and a sadistic professor. Like the first one it follows a man with no memory of his past, except this is the first test subject in the prequel to "Contrive". Get him through the levels and maybe... escape?

Contrive II (Teaser): www.sploder.com/publish.php?PHPSESSID=be89ee2c97aeda3a73abf9707865f715&s=d005c6xo#kickdown

This private Teaser will need 200 plays in order to be released early.
Like the puzzles in the game or just love the story? Come give me some feedback and even tell a friend, I'm open to any suggestions or thoughts.
Q: What did the blind man say after being handed a cheese grater?
A: "That's the most violent book I've ever read."

Offline cheesegrater1

• Repeller
  • Grating cheese at the moment
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: CONTRIVE II - Test Subject 1
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 01:21 AM »
Want to experience the first "Contrive"? Here's a link to get you started on the story and the many different puzzles.
Link: www.sploder.com/games/members/cheesegrater1/play/contrive-2/
Q: What did the blind man say after being handed a cheese grater?
A: "That's the most violent book I've ever read."

Offline itpi

• Magnet
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: CONTRIVE II - Test Subject 1
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 12:21 PM »
So the first text isn't visible (to me, at least) without getting the torch - imo adding a back light behind it would be nice if you want to motivate me to read the story. The windmill section was nice, except for the fact that I can just climb the wall to hit both switches, ignoring them entirely. Same goes for the perm block jumping. As soon as you roll the ball into the pit, you can just climb the wall without needing to do any jumping. Adding some burst tiles to the wall so that you can't climb it would be helpful.

Also, some of the red background looked kind of warped compared to the other ones. I don't know if it was intentional, but I'm not a huge fan of that.

In general, though, the scenery was great. A bit more of a transition between the two sections would be nice, but they were both pleasant to look at. Being able to find the Idol was a nice touch, too.

Tags: