collapse

Stories Untold

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 2 years of piano progress!  (Read 230 times)

Offline Wetfrodo

• Tank
  • Wait... Is that your boy's cologne?!
  • Awards Happy Birthday! - from Spookie Survived Freddy Krueger 2014 - from Freddy Krueger
    • View Profile
    • Awards
2 years of piano progress!
« on: May 14, 2018, 02:31 PM »
Self taught, learned by watching synthesia tutorials note by note, now I can play some things by ear also. No idea where that skill cam from lol

And yes, before anyone asks, i'm wearing PJs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axc1jZ9hRPU
Thanks: ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡), pokemonplayer2, Cookies, Randz, Jigglypuff

Offline ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

• Soldier
  • Guard
  • Awards Award bestowed upon members inducted into the forum Hall of Fame - from Epicosaurus Nothing will stop this user from making great platformer games - from Yugioh77 For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Epicosaurus For being a good forum member - from Rule Happy Birthday! - from Rule For participating in the Trials II Gameshow - from liamnight A classic award for extraordinary feats. - from JJS Bestowed upon Reviewers whose skills have earned them a place in the ERL - from JJS
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: 2 years of piano progress!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 10:02 PM »
Ooh I play piano too, I'll listen to your video when I have time

Offline ur mom.

• [Staff] General
  • Bugmeister
  • Awards For contributing to the Records board, can be earned for the most miniscule task - from Daniel ឵឵឵឵ For being voted as the staff of the month - from Jmc10 For having an eye for good games - from Yugioh77 An award to all your great help, War Veteran - from Epicosaurus Voted best forum staff of July 2015. - from Liamnight!( ◡) Eat butter. Love butter. Butter is life. - from liamnight A member with this award now has a liamnight pony. Feed him fried peanut butter, - from liamnight For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Hivetyrantofawesome
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 12:49 AM »
omg nice

Offline Jigglypuff

• À̡̛̬͉̝̩̠͇p̨̠͙p̲͖̳͖̯̤͎̕͜ḻ̦̥̘͟ȩ̬̫̗̞̀͘P̨̗̳͔̦̠i̛͔&#
  • Tank
  • EVERYBODY LIKES TO JIGGLE
  • Awards For achieving over 1000 thanks, well done! - from Mikano For being a great game artist - from Joji For making inspiring physic puzzle maker games - from Joji For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from crystal Happy Birthday! - from Epicosaurus
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 02:15 AM »
I just got done learning BOC - Olson and that comes nowhere near your skill heh. You know how to read sheet music right?

Offline Mai

• Sarcastic Fringehead
  • Soldier
  • Koptr
  • Show off your natural hue, flaminGO Oh oh OOH oh
  • Awards Beware The Parry Award! - from ur mom. For being voted as the member of the month - from Jmc10 For being an outstanding forum member! - from Yugioh77 Forever Alone - from Epicosaurus Voted best member of August 2015 - from Spookie ;) Roby loves you. - from liamnight  For winning in textlabel's Sploder Raffle! - from Ripto Happy Birthday! - from Ripto
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 10:33 AM »
you're splodeing self-taught?! frodo this is amazing. i'm honestly blown away
i mean like you know like just idk

Offline Wetfrodo

• Tank
  • Awards Happy Birthday! - from Spookie Survived Freddy Krueger 2014 - from Freddy Krueger
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 10:42 AM »
you're splodeing self-taught?! frodo this is amazing. i'm honestly blown away
omg nice
THANKS SO MUCH YOU TWO <3
I just got done learning BOC - Olson and that comes nowhere near your skill heh. You know how to read sheet music right?
Absolutely no idea hahaa

I tried learning some theory, but only got as far as some names of chords really. I don't even know the proper finger movements, I just find the most comfortable/efficient way to play

Offline Tritertitan

• The cool guy
  • Mainsite Office Employee
  • Reverser
  • Whoever is slobbering their knob; stop, thanks
  • Awards For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from liamnight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2018, 09:26 PM »
Synthesia isn't a good way to learn piano. I learned that the hard way. I would really suggest learning how to read sheet music as it's way faster and actually tells you how to play certain notes. But good playing nevertheless

Offline ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

• Soldier
  • Guard
  • Awards Award bestowed upon members inducted into the forum Hall of Fame - from Epicosaurus Nothing will stop this user from making great platformer games - from Yugioh77 For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Epicosaurus For being a good forum member - from Rule Happy Birthday! - from Rule For participating in the Trials II Gameshow - from liamnight A classic award for extraordinary feats. - from JJS Bestowed upon Reviewers whose skills have earned them a place in the ERL - from JJS
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2018, 09:41 PM »
If you ever intend on progressing past simple songs like these you're going to want to learn how to read music (I would also recommend learning how to sight-read if you ever intend on playing higher level pieces).

I would also recommend working on your posture at the piano as well as playing slightly lower on the keys (especially with your middle and pointer finger). This will increase the speed at which you can play pieces.

Cupped hands were great though - also I don't know if the songs you are playing have dynamics but if you added them the songs could be elevated to the next level.

Overall, really good man

Offline ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

• Soldier
  • Guard
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2018, 09:51 PM »
I just recently got into piano again after a hiatus of 4 years, of course I don't have a piano when I go to school so I don't get to learn or play piano that often anymore.

I just started learning Un Sospiro by Franz Liszt and this is what I have so far (mind that my piano hasn't been tuned in about 6 years lol):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0HfEktRz2k

This is the version by the phenomenal Paul Barton (also over the hands view): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po_a1SmZKLs

Offline Wetfrodo

• Tank
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2018, 10:18 AM »
If you ever intend on progressing past simple songs like these you're going to want to learn how to read music (I would also recommend learning how to sight-read if you ever intend on playing higher level pieces).

I would also recommend working on your posture at the piano as well as playing slightly lower on the keys (especially with your middle and pointer finger). This will increase the speed at which you can play pieces.

Cupped hands were great though - also I don't know if the songs you are playing have dynamics but if you added them the songs could be elevated to the next level.

Overall, really good man
Synthesia isn't a good way to learn piano. I learned that the hard way. I would really suggest learning how to read sheet music as it's way faster and actually tells you how to play certain notes. But good playing nevertheless
Appreciate the advice from both of you, but truth is, when I tried to learn the "proper" way, I started to get bored and frustrated. Music isn't anything I want to get into, so my question is it really worth it to break my established habits and learn to play properly? I'm enjoying myself where i'm at so really just want to know anyone's take on that

Offline ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

• Soldier
  • Guard
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2018, 10:37 AM »
No it isnt, always play for enjoyment

Offline Mai

• Sarcastic Fringehead
  • Soldier
  • Koptr
  • Show off your natural hue, flaminGO Oh oh OOH oh
  • Awards Beware The Parry Award! - from ur mom. For being voted as the member of the month - from Jmc10 For being an outstanding forum member! - from Yugioh77 Forever Alone - from Epicosaurus Voted best member of August 2015 - from Spookie ;) Roby loves you. - from liamnight  For winning in textlabel's Sploder Raffle! - from Ripto Happy Birthday! - from Ripto
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2018, 09:21 AM »
I just recently got into piano again after a hiatus of 4 years, of course I don't have a piano when I go to school so I don't get to learn or play piano that often anymore.

I just started learning Un Sospiro by Franz Liszt and this is what I have so far (mind that my piano hasn't been tuned in about 6 years lol):

This is the version by the phenomenal Paul Barton (also over the hands view): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po_a1SmZKLs
yoooo wtf how r u all so amazing
i mean like you know like just idk

Offline ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

• Soldier
  • Guard
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2018, 09:44 AM »
yoooo wtf how r u all so amazing
Haha thank you

Offline Wetfrodo

• Tank
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2018, 09:05 PM »

Finally got around to watching this, you're really good man

Offline ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

• Soldier
  • Guard
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2018, 09:59 PM »
Finally got around to watching this, you're really good man
Thanks man, I've got a lot of work to do on that song obviously lol

Tags: