collapse

Stories Untold

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I'm glad sploder is ending.  (Read 1058 times)

Offline SEB

• Heavy Cruiser
  • ( ° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • Awards For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from sto4 You have earned a semi-rare sapphire! - from moolatycoon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I'm glad sploder is ending.
« on: April 03, 2018, 09:30 AM »
I came back a few days ago to see what was going on, and saw the post saying sploder will be ending. I can't say I felt particularly sad at this news. I looked back on the time I've spent here and honestly, I can't find a good memory or a good reason I stayed for so long. I mean, my most prominent memory of this place is that guy who faked having cancer for half a year then said his doctor e-mailed him telling him he was gonna die.
This place also makes me feel a bit splodety cause I've accomplished so little here. I've been here since I was 9, and I've watched users get better and seen the Personal Exhibition flourish with talent. Seeing that motivates most people, but to me it just kinda makes me feel like a failure lol.
Just wanted to share what I thought of the site ending. Anybody else feeling the same?

Offline anew20034

• Überhengst
  • Disruptor
  • YOU CAN'T CHANGE THE CHANNEL NOW
  • Awards We don't exist. - from General Death A member with this award now has a liamnight pony. Feed him fried peanut butter, - from LIAM WILL Power Up! - from LIAM WILL For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Jmc10  - from Lt. Death Happy Birthday! - from Timmy Forever Alone - from Timmy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: I'm glad sploder is ending.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 09:37 AM »
Eh, it's a mixed bag. There are a lot of good things that have came out of this community, and a lot of bad things. Honestly I think the good outweighs the bad in this community. It's been a fun ride, even if there were a lot of bumps along the way.
Thanks: chucky12, MarcViPer, Crazykittyzz, batte, bestatgames9, Swedenplatformge, wordigirl, Megaman4540, Baysha, Firey

Online Crazykittyzz

• Sorry 'bout it
  • Mainsite Office Employee
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • I love Firey (NO HETRO)
  • Awards For being an outstanding forum member! - from Alon For being a great game artist - from Alon For making inspiring physic puzzle maker games - from konnichiha A member with this award now has a liamnight pony. Feed him fried peanut butter, - from Spookie We don't exist. - from General Death For participating in the Trials II Gameshow - from liamnight For being a big help to the staff - from JJS Nana Nana Boo Boo! - from liamnight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 11:23 AM »
Eh, it's a mixed bag. There are a lot of good things that have came out of this community, and a lot of bad things. Honestly I think the good outweighs the bad in this community. It's been a fun ride, even if there were a lot of bumps along the way.
couldn't have said it better myself

;)

Offline Leah | Patient

• Harassment Squad
  • Soldier
  • Tank
  • Friends don't lie.
  • Awards For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Epicosaurus congrats you've wasted 10 hours of your life - from Yugioh77 Happy Birthday! - from Joji For being loveable - from Yugioh77 sad - from konnichiha For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from J0ji Forever Alone - from Epicosaurus
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 12:04 PM »
Then why are you still here
I'm always halfway happy
|
MOTY Best Writer - 2016, 2017
|
Photographer
|
Upside/Down
|
We're all stories in the end, just make it a good one.
|
Be(lie)ve

Online chihakonni

• Landfill
  • [Staff] General
  • The Player
  • https://www.last.fm/user/mitsuboshicolor
  • Awards  An award for making truly epic games - from rule60 For reaching the rank 'General' - from Joji I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL For being voted as the staff of the month - from Joji Granted to users who provide a solid description for a Hall of Fame inductee - from Joji For being voted as the member of the month - from Jmc10 You've earned twenty features! Nice job! - from Yugioh77 For having an eye for good games - from Yugioh77
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 12:19 PM »
WTF
Thanks: The Bencredible Hulk, Mariokartfan, Kiwibananaz, Crazykittyzz, kof, kiti, anew20034, Manga­Mixer, bestatgames9, Firey

Online Dormin

• Iridocyclitis
  • Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • that’s the stuff that really butters my eggroll
  • Awards No disintegrations - from Spookie ;) I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Probe For being voted as the member of the month - from Jmc10 A vampire killing machine. 2015 - from General Death Voted best member of October 2015 - from Spookie ;) For being a big help to the staff - from Spookie ;) For participating in the ZSG - from Spookie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2018, 12:29 PM »
I kinda think this community ran a bit like life does. people come and go, you have your hard times, fun times, sad times. things go right, a lot of things go wrong. you get people who are better than you at things, you get people you're better than; most importantly there's a lot of people who will spin ridiculous stories to get the attention of others because they have issues with this sort of thing.

however it's still sad when it ends and I stand behind that. much like life, you're obviously gonna see people exhibiting how good they are and flourishing, but you can't let it get you down and make you feel like a failure. you focus on your own progression and celebrate other people's successes rather than using them as excuses.

like life, people may think they want it to end, but at the end of the day there's always the instinctual part of us that doesn't. best to savour this community while you've got it, and if you don't want to do that, get out of here and let the rest of us enjoy it.
Thanks: chucky12, Death, Crazykittyzz, anew20034, bestatgames9, M11d, Swedenplatformge, wordigirl, Firey

art creds to shibuvsvinayak

Offline Fading

• I know I am
  • Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • Leader of the forum
  • Awards For participating in the ZSG - from Spookie For participating in the Trials II Gameshow - from liamnight Happy Birthday! - from Tbremise For being a better than average member - from Jammyt2 For being loveable - from Epicosaurus For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Ripto Eat butter. Love butter. Butter is life. - from liamnight A member with this award now has a liamnight pony. Feed him fried peanut butter, - from liamnight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2018, 12:30 PM »
You know the community will survive though right

Offline Epicosaurus

• big strong mod boy
  • [Staff] General
  • Bugmeister
  • "Sweet Jamie with the spaces"
  • Awards For reaching the rank 'General' - from Epicosaurus I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL For the b i g b o y s  - from a v e r a g e b o y A classic award for those who come up just a bit short. - from LIAM WILL An award to all your great help, War Veteran - from Miyu Makimura For being voted as the member of the month - from Jmc10 You've earned eight features! Nice job! - from Yugioh77 For having an eye for good games - from Yugioh77
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2018, 12:46 PM »
Hi I'd like to say that this post bothered me but I cant find the words to explain why right now, expect me to edit this later okay bye
Thanks: The Bencredible Hulk, Matty, chucky12, Kiwibananaz, Crazykittyzz, anew20034, TKoS, wordigirl, Articuno­, Firey

Offline chucky12

• Tank
  • IDK anymore.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2018, 02:26 PM »
I came back a few days ago to see what was going on, and saw the post saying sploder will be ending. I can't say I felt particularly sad at this news. I looked back on the time I've spent here and honestly, I can't find a good memory or a good reason I stayed for so long. I mean, my most prominent memory of this place is that guy who faked having cancer for half a year then said his doctor e-mailed him telling him he was gonna die.
This place also makes me feel a bit splodety cause I've accomplished so little here. I've been here since I was 9, and I've watched users get better and seen the Personal Exhibition flourish with talent. Seeing that motivates most people, but to me it just kinda makes me feel like a failure lol.
Just wanted to share what I thought of the site ending. Anybody else feeling the same?
Plz leave. Even though I haven't been successful here doesn't mean I'm gonna say I didn't enjoy my time here. It bugs me when people are like "Oh, I can't do something, so I should just give up." That really gets under my skin.
I guess I'm the bizarre GIF collector now.

Offline Kiwibananaz

• Tank
  • Awards Granted to users who provide a solid description for a Hall of Fame inductee - from Joji 4th place in Debate Tower Tourney! Hmm, not bad! - from Netshark Totally Legit - from General Death For participating in the Trials II Gameshow - from liamnight For participating in the holiday fun in 2013 - from Jammyt2 Happy Birthday! - from Lt. Death For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Princess Matty Award given for being an alt. (You don't want this!) - from JJS
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2018, 03:32 PM »
I mean, my most prominent memory of this place is that guy who faked having cancer for half a year then said his doctor e-mailed him telling him he was gonna die.

nice to know 11 year old me is still remembered #2012mems
Thanks: chucky12, kylepeanut13, kiti, anew20034, bestatgames9, M11d, Startrek, swimmer18, Firey

Offline drinkie

• b i g b o y
  • [Staff] General
  • Koptr
  • The resident buttmonkey
  • Awards I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL For the b i g b o y s  - from a v e r a g e b o y For reaching the rank 'General' - from konnichiha For being loveable - from Yugioh77 Award bestowed upon members inducted into the forum Hall of Fame - from konnichiha Happy Birthday! - from Spookie ;) An Award for Ben - from Omega You make up a part of the Elite 4.  - from Hivetyrantofawesome
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2018, 03:42 PM »
aight bye

Offline superlugui77

• The 13th
  • Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • Allons-Y!
  • Awards You ain't got nuthin' on me. - from Spookie ;) For being voted as the member of the month - from Joji I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Alon For contributing to the Records board, can be earned for the most miniscule task - from b i g b o y
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2018, 03:46 PM »
splode 12
Don't tell me what I can't do!

Offline Joey

• The anime god
  • Soldier
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • Kicking names and taking ass
  • Awards For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from splatter I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL You won the Becoming a Soldier gameshow! - from Epicosaurus For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Jmc10  - from Omega Merry Christmas Joey! ~Matty - from Matty may 23 - from TIMMY Forever Alone - from swallowthesun
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2018, 03:54 PM »
Implying sploder isnt just a subreddit with wacky css
With game maker studio aids version

but who cares you can just not be here
Kicking names and taking ass

Offline Master

• EveryBody's Favorite
  • Disruptor
  • :8-/
  • Awards You've earned five features! Nice job! - from Mikano You've earned three features! Nice job! - from konnichiha For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Ripto Voted weirdest member of 2014 - from Spookie For being a good forum member - from Myown For leaving great comments - from Moolatycoon For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Moolatycoon For trying your very best! - from Spookie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2018, 06:12 PM »
Well splode you too!

Offline Epicosaurus

• big strong mod boy
  • [Staff] General
  • Bugmeister
  • "Sweet Jamie with the spaces"
  • Awards For reaching the rank 'General' - from Epicosaurus I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL For the b i g b o y s  - from a v e r a g e b o y A classic award for those who come up just a bit short. - from LIAM WILL An award to all your great help, War Veteran - from Miyu Makimura For being voted as the member of the month - from Jmc10 You've earned eight features! Nice job! - from Yugioh77 For having an eye for good games - from Yugioh77
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2018, 11:20 AM »
lol how you gonna be named sploderepicbros but be glad the site is dying :laugh:
Thanks: The Bencredible Hulk, chucky12, Kiwibananaz, Crazykittyzz, anew20034

Offline ChocoNeko 

• Speeder
  • i like chocolate
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2018, 09:51 PM »
Go away.
Married to Amanda 3/31/18 <33

Online NZA

• Bless Yo Trap
  • Soldier
  • Mogura
  • 267 Represent
  • Awards For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Tommy123 You've earned ten features! Nice job! - from konnichiha For having an eye for good games - from Yugioh77 For being an exceptional shooter creator. - from Yugioh77 For being loveable - from Epicosaurus For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Epicosaurus Part of the crew in THE Sploder Game Thread. - from Spookie ;) Forever Alone - from Timmy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2018, 09:58 PM »
So your saltiness of others and lack of achievement justifies you being happy about the website ending? You had little to gain so now that the website is ending and that means the ones who did gain a lot will lose everything so therefore, you don't care because it was not YOU who achieved those things?

You sound like a complete jack-ass.
Thanks: The Bencredible Hulk, chucky12, Crazykittyzz, batte, Startrek, Baysha

Offline ChocoNeko 

• Speeder
  • i like chocolate
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2018, 10:33 PM »
So your saltiness of others and lack of achievement justifies you being happy about the website ending? You had little to gain so now that the website is ending and that means the ones who did gain a lot will lose everything so therefore, you don't care because it was not YOU who achieved those things?

You sound like a complete jack-ass.
Couldn’t have said this better myself. I wish this guy never found sploder.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 09:44 AM by ChocoNeko  »
Married to Amanda 3/31/18 <33

Online goldensaur

• Guard
  • geeettttttt dunked on!!!
  • Awards Awarded to those who consistently and prominently advertise the site! - from liamnight Happy Birthday! - from konnichiha
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2018, 04:25 AM »
So because you weren't successful on sploder, you happy others will lose their success? simply if you don't like others being more successful than you, don't be here at all, sploder is for sploder lovers only, otherwise you're just wasting your time in a place you don't like
Trolluminati

Offline Megaman4540

• Cruiser
  • Awards For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Jmc10
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2018, 05:25 AM »
I havent achieved a lot of stuff on this site but im glad i joined it, it absolutely changed my life and i cannot find a place where you can have more fun than this. Being here for 2 years on this site doesnt seem like a lot to others, but its a lot to me, on other communities i cant spend more than a week. There have been so many people ive met in those 2 years, they came and went very fast, and the truth is that there will be no more people coming here.
I cant spend too much time here, but you can find me here:
[YT](inactive atm) [Steam] [Twitter]
Stats:
First post: 01/6/2017

Offline wordigirl

• Tank
  • FromThePlanetLexicon. Have a super blessed day!
  • Awards I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Joji Happy Birthday! - from Joji
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2018, 06:25 AM »
There have been so many people ive met in those 2 years, they came and went very fast, and the truth is that there will be no more people coming here.

untrue.

If the site stays standing, more people could join. They just need to know it exists and have incentives to come.

I've honestly had my share of "bad memories", but, how bad can they possibly be?
I believe more good has come from this than bad has and I'm truly not ready for this ride to end. I love this place. The creativity. The community. Everything here is awesome. (and if it's not awesome, I work to make it awesome). If the site starts getting boring, think of ways to make it fun. If you feel unsuccessful, instead of allowing other's success to make you bitter, why can't you let them inspire you? Get up off your behind and actually do something. It's true what they say... "haters gonna hate", but sorry bro. You ain't gettin' no hate back.

It's never too late to change you attitude. God bless.

#savesploder
Have an exuberantly blessed day!!!Best Thread 2017

Offline drinkie

• b i g b o y
  • [Staff] General
  • Koptr
  • The resident buttmonkey
  • Awards I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL For the b i g b o y s  - from a v e r a g e b o y For reaching the rank 'General' - from konnichiha For being loveable - from Yugioh77 Award bestowed upon members inducted into the forum Hall of Fame - from konnichiha Happy Birthday! - from Spookie ;) An Award for Ben - from Omega You make up a part of the Elite 4.  - from Hivetyrantofawesome
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2018, 09:47 AM »
Sploderepicbros is about as epic as a DBZ episode where Goku does nothing but charge up

Offline Ryuken

• Ultimate Dragon Tamer
  • Tank
  • WAKE ME UP INSIDE
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2018, 09:53 AM »
OOooOOOoooOOoooOooOoh NoOBODY GIVES A splode

But seriously, let us have this. Just let us enjoy Sploder's last days instead of being such a killjoy.

Offline Jackboymogura123

• Reverser
  • Linguam latinam loquor.
  • Awards For participating in the I WON 3RD PLACE IN TRIALS 3 2015. I'M A REALLY REALLY COOL PERSON - from Liamnight Happy Birthday! - from Spookie For participating in the ZSG - from Spookie For participating in the Trials II Gameshow - from liamnight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2018, 10:49 AM »
Wasn't that Jaggertoo who faked cancer and said that his doctor emailed him that he was going to die? And no, I don't think Sploder is going to end anytime soon despite the site dying gradually.

What I will miss about Sploder though is the games made on here and the great community. It was nice being a staff member here, but I haven't been willing to search for any good alternatives for Sploder. What I remember a lot on the site was the great update that Boost Points, Member of the Day, and SploderHeads were introduced in, which was shortly after my regain in activity on Sploder in 2014.

Offline fin82

• Drone Turret
  • Just ignore this
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2018, 02:17 PM »
the only reason im gonna miss this place is cuz memories
50th Thanks: BlueBeauty

Offline CKAN!

• $The Money Man$
  • *[T4] TOP 10
  • Tank
  • The lava flows and flows...
  • Awards For participating in the holiday fun in 2013 - from Jammyt2 I won second place in Trials IV!!! I'm a cool person. - from LIAM WILL I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL I made it to the Top 10 in Trials IV!!! - from LIAM WILL For being a good forum member - from konnichiha For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Jmc10 For participating in Sploderians Of The Storm. - from konnichiha For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Epicosaurus
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2018, 02:47 PM »
Out OU OUT GET OUT!

Offline FuzTheHamster

• *[T4] Loser Island
  • Guard
  • Awards I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL Battle for Sploder 1st Place - from greenrain  - from LIAM WILL
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2018, 04:49 PM »
Because you haven't done much on this site, it makes you happy that it is ending? What

Online goldensaur

• Guard
  • geeettttttt dunked on!!!
  • Awards Awarded to those who consistently and prominently advertise the site! - from liamnight Happy Birthday! - from konnichiha
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2018, 11:05 AM »
I imagine he's saying that because he has done close nothing here so he doesn't have any spectacular memories like some of us do. At least that what I got of it smh...
but being glad for it?
Trolluminati

Offline superlugui77

• The 13th
  • Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • Allons-Y!
  • Awards You ain't got nuthin' on me. - from Spookie ;) For being voted as the member of the month - from Joji I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Alon For contributing to the Records board, can be earned for the most miniscule task - from b i g b o y
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2018, 11:13 AM »
F OFF
Don't tell me what I can't do!

Offline kof

• MSOE blood
  • *[T4] Loser Island
  • Disruptor
  • blue kof
  • Awards You've earned ten features! Nice job! - from konnichiha For placing 2nd in the Collaborations category for EGD 9! - from Matty ;) For placing 2nd in the shooter category for EGD 9! - from Matty ;) For placing in the top 11 of the Public's Vote category for EGD 9! - from Matty ;) 3rd place in AGC! (ran by Roby) - from Liamnight Productions For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Jammyt2 I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Joji
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2018, 11:18 AM »
hm nah i can't find a reason to be glad it's dying otherwise i wouldn't still be here
Kingoffangdams on the MS

credit to guezzwafflez

Tags: #savesploder