collapse

Stories Untold

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 4th Sploder Music Contest !!RESULTS!!  (Read 586 times)

Offline NaZa

• Doomed Member
  • *Eliminated*
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • I guess I'm too average to fit in. #LegoMovieCliche
  • Awards Know the power of the Dark Side! - from Rule For participating in the holiday fun in 2013 - from Jammyt2 Nana Nana Boo Boo! - from JJS Beware The Parry Award! - from ur mom. I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL I made it to the Top 10 in Trials IV!!! - from LIAM WILL For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Probe For being a part of the jury in the 2017 3rd Music Contest. Thank you for your h - from Joji
    • View Profile
    • Awards
4th Sploder Music Contest !!RESULTS!!
« on: March 27, 2018, 03:15 PM »
A huge thanks to everybody for participating. It has been a great pleasure to listen to everything you submitted, and it was just verifying the great musical approach the Sploder community has!

Anyway, we'll do things a bit differently this year. Instead of, y'know, posting the top three, I'll post every song ranked, but with our (judges') thoughts about it. I won't name any of the judges who posted their opinions for the songs, due to not wanting anyone bombarded with hate or love PMs.

Why will I do that? Because I want everyone to have a chance to improve and become even better. Most of the criticism is about the song, but it'll speak about what is missing, or what could've been a bit better! All you guys are great, but everyone can become even greater with just a little bit more.

So...

THE OTHER SIDE - 0
Sports

track missing

E.A.S.T.E.R. - 18
Wordigirl

DISCLAIMER: Instead of one judge not voting (as with every other song), TWO judges didn't vote on this one. A judge was unable to open the file.

"The chords were lovely, the lyrics (of what I understood) were good, vocals were at times really nice. However, the instrumental was bland, especially the drums. It was alright, though. Good gospel!"

"This religious-themed piece of music definitely sticks out from the others due to the vocals and original lyrics, which feature a nice voice, which however does not always seem to fit the music perfectly. The tight drum and piano combination sounds kinda nice at first but quickly becomes mundane."

"An interesting one, with vocals which was a nice change from some of the others. However it was quite difficult to hear them and make out the words I thought, and the backing track was fairly simple, but the melody was still quite nice, just needed a bit more development I think."

UNNAMED - 18
Firey

"To be fair, I really dislike this genre of music. It's really just a boring swoosh of the same elements and I cannot like it very much. It's done pretty nicely but it's just really without substance and just not good to me. I see why people would like it though, it's done well."

"Good electronic music, but not really a fan. Also, the sudden ending kinda sucks"

"It's just not really my thing. It has some good techniques but I don't think it quite has the depth it needs."

OSMION - 24,5
Kai2003

"Sounds like something I'd hear while playing Color Switch. I don't like this music that much but it's definitely not bad. The transitions were too sudden and I couldn't prepare for them much. The hand clap was a great addition and I loved the way it went through, to be fair. The beat was very professional."

"This is a nicely put together piece of EDM, although I'm not a big fan of this sort of a cheap youtube video music feeling the sound seems to have and the drops aren't really very satisfying imo"

"Really not my thing, but I can appreciate that it sounds pretty similar and uses some nice techniques that are often used in popular songs of this style, so a good job with that. Could definitely see this being used at a club or something."

DAWN/MOTION - 27,5
Proxy

"Really, really smooth guitar. Sometimes it feels a bit empty but it's actually good. It's really unpredictable which I generally like as it becomes a journey of travelling and exploring the song. It's done great here and I like it very much. The guitar was flawless, too."

"An interesting one, but a nice acoustic piece, almost minimalistic in nature. I really loved some of the melodies used here, but I also feel like it felt a bit disjointed at times due to the changes in melodies quite suddenly. Personally, I would've split the song into two, as towards the end there feels like there is a big change in style that maybe could've done with being a separate piece perhaps."

"The guitar is alright and I appreciate the time and effort that must have been put into the song, which features some cool moments but to be honest I feel like there isn't much in it to grab the listener's attention and it sounds like the artist ran out of ideas about midway into the song."

MIDNIGHT - 29
Jigglypuff

"My God, what great production! A bit repetitive, but the piano is really good. The beat is hard hitting but it's all absolutely great! The drums start at the best moment and it really works. love it."

"I really liked the ambient intro and how it developed into the catchy beat but the song seems to drag on a little towards the end, which comes abruptly and with little satisfaction. All in all, I think it's a nice song to relax to."

"Loved the super ambient opening and the effect of layering as you went along, it worked well. One thing I would say that it almost became a bit too repetitive, despite the added layers. Still a fantastic instrumental piece."

THIRD PLACE!

SPACECRAFT BLUES - 31
NPC

"Dammit, so much atmosphere in this! I love such ambient tracks and this one is no exception, it unfolds nicely all the way through and I enjoyed listening to it. It was that bit too short, but all in all a good listen."

"This calming composition might be a little bit cliché at with its space sound effects but it's definitely a well-made piece of ambient music that could fit into a professional nature documentary."

"Good ambient piece that fits the space theme. Personally I thought there were not enough distinct melodies or anything, as the majority of the song is a series of held notes. Works for ambience I suppose but just not my thing."

SECOND PLACE!

COUGH SYRUP - 31,5
Cookies

"The speaking parts were really great. Sadly, I think that ukulele kinda drowned the voice which was pretty flawless. The ukulele was pretty repetitive but the song itself was really, and I mean really good! The rhythm change near the end was really odd though."

"The vocal on this track is well-executed, at times perky and rebellious and at times melancholic. The original lyrics are interesting, although the "ooo ooh" part seems to drag on for a little too long and feels like a gap begging to be filled. Nice, catchy guitar, even if it's not the most revolutionary composition you've heard in a minute, doesn't get boring too quickly and hits all the right notes."

"Very different style to the others. The vocals are very good, there's a nice range in there and melismas which give it a some good depth. The held notes worked very well too, along with the occaisional break in backing chords, usually accompanied by spoken sections. If a proper backing could be added to this then I think it would boost it even more."

FIRST PLACE!

33333333333 - 32,3
Subaru

"I think this is excellent! Wonderful moody intro with a saxophone? My thing! Really nice throughout, and at the start it maybe was a bit bland but definitely the most perfected thing in my opinion. The only thing I don't like much is the sudden transition. Other, sounded really striking and it's really memorable. Great stuff!"

"Really loved this one. The style changed massively about a quarter of the way through, which was a bit jarring but it actually sorta fits. I also thought it was great how it returned to original style towards the end. I think with a slightly smoother transition into that middle section I could really get behind this."

"once again, a good, quite professionally put together piece of calm electronic music. It does suffer from the awkward change in pace in the middle which doesn't really fit that nicely into the song and I think the author could expand a little more on its sound"

CONGRATULATIONS TO SUBARU FOR THE WIN!

The prizes will be revealed in 24 hours from now as I actually have time tomorrow!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 03:18 PM by NaZa »
I too like having sexual relations with grills ~ Sandwich 2K16

Offline NaZa

• Doomed Member
  • *Eliminated*
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • Awards Know the power of the Dark Side! - from Rule For participating in the holiday fun in 2013 - from Jammyt2 Nana Nana Boo Boo! - from JJS Beware The Parry Award! - from ur mom. I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL I made it to the Top 10 in Trials IV!!! - from LIAM WILL For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Probe For being a part of the jury in the 2017 3rd Music Contest. Thank you for your h - from Joji
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: 4th Sploder Music Contest !!RESULTS!!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 03:22 PM »
Also, a huge thanks to the judges who helped out a lot: Wiktor, Tritertitan and Tobes, you've been excellent guys, thanks!! I'm sure Shady would've helped too but due to unfortunate circumstances she couldn't vote.

Offline Eldar

• Dead Meme Corp
  • *Eliminated*
  • Tank
  • are you feeling it now mr krabs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • Awards I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL For contributing to the Records board, can be earned for the most miniscule task - from bendrick lamar For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Jmc10 For participating in Sploderians Of The Storm. - from konnichiha sghdfh - from konnichiha Beware The Parry Award! - from ur mom. For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Alon Happy Birthday! - from Epicosaurus
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 03:33 PM »
finally you did it

popplio is best

Offline NaZa

• Doomed Member
  • *Eliminated*
  • Heavy Cruiser
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 03:34 PM »
finally you did it
get out now.

Offline Eldar

• Dead Meme Corp
  • *Eliminated*
  • Tank
  • Awards I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL For contributing to the Records board, can be earned for the most miniscule task - from bendrick lamar For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Jmc10 For participating in Sploderians Of The Storm. - from konnichiha sghdfh - from konnichiha Beware The Parry Award! - from ur mom. For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Alon Happy Birthday! - from Epicosaurus
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2018, 03:36 PM »

popplio is best

Offline Cookies

• *Audience* (For Victorian Trials)
  • Reverser
  • I think its time you had a pink cloud summer
  • Awards Beware The Parry Award! - from ur mom. For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Alon Happy Birthday! - from Epicosaurus Forever Alone - from Timmy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2018, 03:39 PM »
Congrats everyone! Thank you for the critique, judges. I personally love the tempo change tbh so I wont change that, but maybe changing up the"oh's" or the chord progression could be a possibility. I find it hard to change a song that has been the same way for a long time, but maybe I will like it more if I change it a little bit!

Offline Jigglypuff

• À̡̛̬͉̝̩̠͇p̨̠͙p̲͖̳͖̯̤͎̕͜ḻ̦̥̘͟ȩ̬̫̗̞̀͘P̨̗̳͔̦̠i̛͔&#
  • Tank
  • EVERYBODY LIKES TO JIGGLE
  • Awards For achieving over 1000 thanks, well done! - from Mikano For being a great game artist - from Joji For making inspiring physic puzzle maker games - from Joji For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from crystal Happy Birthday! - from Epicosaurus
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2018, 03:48 PM »
So close to being near 3rd place. Welp better luck next time!

Offline Eldar

• Dead Meme Corp
  • *Eliminated*
  • Tank
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2018, 03:50 PM »

naza take a hippity for ur hard work

popplio is best

Offline NaZa

• Doomed Member
  • *Eliminated*
  • Heavy Cruiser
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2018, 03:52 PM »

naza take a hippity for ur hard work
Please stop posting pointless stuff here thanks.

Offline wordigirl

• *Red Team*
  • Tank
  • FromThePlanetLexicon. Have a super blessed day!
  • Awards Beware The Parry Award! - from ur mom. I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Joji Happy Birthday! - from Joji
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2018, 06:17 PM »
God bless everyone and congrats, but I honestly believe you guys were going too easy on me lol. That was atrocious. I was honestly not done. I don't care if you guys are honest. I'll be sure to upload the complete version when I finally get around to making it lol. I have way better stuff than that lll. Thanks I guess.
Have an exuberantly blessed day!!!Best Thread 2017

Offline kai2003

• Reverser
  • ya boi was 2nd for moty bezt musician XD
  • Awards A souvenir for taking part in the 2017 3rd Music Contest. Thanks! - from Joji For being loveable - from Epicosaurus
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2018, 06:47 PM »
congrats to all OwO
NEW REMIX OUT NOW :)

300th thank : pepperedsteak
400th thank : jigglypuff
500th thank gets a goodnight kiss from me

Offline sticki

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • Awards For contributing to the Records board, can be earned for the most miniscule task - from b i g b o y For being voted as the member of the month - from Mikano You've earned three features! Nice job! - from Yugioh77 For entering Jayk's soundcloud contest - from konnichiha Highly prized and rare! - from Epicosaurus For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Epicosaurus For making inspiring physic puzzle maker games - from Epicosaurus I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2018, 08:13 PM »
Congrats homie

Offline Subaru­

• Triple Jeromius Deluxe
  • *[T4] Loser Island
  • Tank
  • Kung Lao wristbands lookin like a hitman
  • Awards I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL For spitting the most epic lines. - from ☠General Death☠ For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from sto4 Happy Birthday! - from Lt. Death For participating in the
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2018, 08:25 PM »
this was fun thanks

Offline wordigirl

• *Red Team*
  • Tank
  • FromThePlanetLexicon. Have a super blessed day!
  • Awards Beware The Parry Award! - from ur mom. I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Joji Happy Birthday! - from Joji
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2018, 09:24 PM »
#naza1234thank
Have an exuberantly blessed day!!!Best Thread 2017

Offline Proxy

• Rael Imperial Aerosol Kid
  • Soldier
  • Tank
  • i'm only here for opinion threads
  • Awards For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Epicosaurus You have earned a semi-rare sapphire! - from Matty Happy Birthday! - from Joji For participating in the Volare Challenge - from konnichiha You've earned five features! Nice job! - from konnichiha For being a big help to the staff - from Epicosaurus Eat butter. Love butter. Butter is life. - from J0ji For achieving over 1000 thanks, well done! - from Epicosaurus
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2018, 02:08 AM »
Congrats!!! This was really fun to participate in and the comments are really helpful so thanks

Upper left image created by PEPPEREDSTEAK

Soldier: 11th March, 2017

Online Wiktor3

• Anticitizen One
  • Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • http://z0r.de/5716 //// 2000th thank: Ripto
  • Awards Forever Alone - from swallowthesun For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from JJS For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Tommy123 Happy Birthday! - from Tommy123 For being a part of the jury in the 2017 3rd Music Contest. Thank you for your h - from Joji
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2018, 08:43 AM »
Congratulations to everyone :^-^:
Thanks to NaZa for devoting his time to hosting the competition and thanks to all the participants for the effort they've put in!

(drawing by pai)

<-click to enlarge<- (last update: mar 18th 2k18)

Offline Firey

• The Truant
  • Cruiser
  • Thank you Bricky
  • Awards For being a good noodle - from ur mom. For eating bread - from liamnight For making spaceship games so outstanding, it's out of this world - from Yugioh77 For contributing to the Records board, can be earned for the most miniscule task - from Daniel ឵឵឵឵ For making inspiring physic puzzle maker games - from Alon Nothing will stop this user from making great platformer games - from Alon sghdfh - from Epicosaurus Award given for being an alt. (You don't want this!) - from liamnight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2018, 08:52 AM »
FYI, my song title was "Live & Growl".
It was my first electronic song too.

Congratulations to everyone and keep making music!

Offline tobestertobes

• *Eliminated*
  • Tank
  • Awards I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL I made it to the Top 10 in Trials IV!!! - from LIAM WILL For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Epicosaurus For achieving 2nd place in the 2017 3rd Music Contest. Congratulations! - from Joji A souvenir for taking part in the 2017 3rd Music Contest. Thanks! - from Joji For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Jmc10 Happy Birthday! - from JJS
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2018, 01:11 PM »
Congrats to everyone, there were some genuinely good songs in there so well done!
Not shy of a spark
A knife twists at the thought that I should fall short of the mark
Frightened by the bite though it's no harsher than the bark
Middle of adventure, such a perfect place to start