collapse

Stories Untold

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Looking Towards The Future  (Read 1589 times)

Offline Neopolitan

• Bad Boy
  • War Veteran
  • Mogura
  • Bae Joo-hyun
  • Awards For reaching the rank 'Lieutenant', quite an accomplishment there - from Alon For reaching the rank 'General' - from Alon For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Alon Granted to users who provide a solid description for a Hall of Fame inductee - from Joji An award to all your great help, War Veteran - from Alonessix
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Looking Towards The Future
« on: March 13, 2018, 08:47 PM »
To start things off, I’d like to thank everyone for checking this thread out. This is an interesting time period for all of us so it would be fantastic if all of us can bond together as a community.

Firstly, in light of the recent news which we have received, eventually we all will have to come to the transition period. The point of this discussion is to share ideas and perhaps implement a strategy for when that day inevitably comes.

To copy and paste something that Joji has said, the good news is that Geoff is willing to keep the forum running until it fizzles out. However, an underlying aspect of this is that this proves that Geoff is on board with supporting the forum after the main site’s death and recognizes how huge and important this community is to everyone here.

Now considering that main site will eventually be flat lined, this is where Idea #1 is going to be proposed.

#1 – The Rebranding of Sploder.

Once the main site is gone, Sploder will still be Sploder, just without the game makers. Thus it should be essential that the site rebrands itself into something slightly different. The great news is that the Forums won’t have to change at all except in branding.

So Idea 1 is for Sploder to be rebranded as an Independent Creators/Gaming/Pop Culture Forum. One thing this place definitely has is that currently it has enough social appeal to keep people interested. Stuff like the Discord is proof of that to show how connected all of us are.
To stay alive, Sploder needs a purpose, and by pushing the Independent Creators aspect along with mixing in Pop Culture topics, you have the bread and butter that can fill the void left behind by Sploder.

#2 – Becoming The White Dwarf

Geoff posed this question himself, “Will Sploder become a white dwarf or a brown dwarf?”
I am of the firm belief that Sploder can become a White Dwarf, however, one thing which can halt the progress of that, is growth. Currently, Sploder has very little growth and once the main site is gone, unless friends of current members decide to join, this is going to become 0.

My suggestion is that the forum starts the transitioning process almost immediately and we start to list ourselves on public websites as an advertisement to see if anyone is curious enough to join. It’s not perfect, but it is a start. Also listing the discord on places such as discord.me is a good move. Discord is a huge thing at the moment so someone might be more inclined to join the discord rather than a forum as Discord accounts are universal no matter what server you are on.

In order to undertake this transition however, this part is largely up to Geoff and our current staff list. There is a couple of aspects in regards to Moderation which currently the Lieutenants and Generals do  on both the Forums and the Discord which would need to be changed for this transition to be started smoothly, and that is something which others and myself will have to discuss with them.

These are small things such as Loosening up the member acceptance and verification. Currently, due to alts, spam bots, and other suspicious members we have quite the strict acceptance method and occasionally we deny legitimate members. Of course, this is done because we match the main site users with the forums so if someone is randomly joining the forums but not the main site, you can see how we do things the way we do. This is similar to the Discord where you have to verify who you are on the forums before you can join. These are small things which can be changed but as I said earlier a discussion will need to take place regarding that.
#3 – Keeping The Site Alive

Geoff has stated that he said he’s not only willing, but happy to pay $10 for a Digital Ocean server until the place fizzles.
I’m willing to bet as a community, we can do better than this. Adding a donation button to the forums where the users can donate money to the servers cost for the month I think is a great idea to implement. I know of a couple of users including myself would be willing to do this each month. Even then, a lot of us are University and College students. All it takes is for us to have 1 less coffee a month, or one less beer and if 10 of us donate $5 that’s $50 on the spot right there. 5 dollars is easy to come by so if members band together, we can help keep this site running.

Want more incentive? Donation member ranks, and donation exclusive perks could potentially be given to users who decide to support the site. These could be cosmetic changes like Donator exclusive boards or the ability to change nicknames etc.

#4 – Site Features

Now, because the main site is going to die, a couple of things are also going to fizzle out on the forums as well due to backlash.

1.   Forum Avatars – If the main site goes, these will go with it. I think it is finally time to bring back custom picture avatars

2.   This idea could be seen as controversial, but giving more power to the Staff – Currently, the staff actually are very limited with that can and can’t do. One of the reasoning’s behind not giving the staff more power is because they could indirectly cause harm to the main site if they were to accidentally mess something up. This is no longer a problem, and with the staff these days not being children, this is even less of a risk.

An alternative route could be doing something similar to what was done back on the Vanilla forums where all Generals have a Commander In Chief Alt which they used only when they needed to access the Admin panel. This is probably the best alternative as those accounts are automatically banned once they’ve finished being used.

The reasoning behind giving more power to the staff is to fix small underlying issues such as not being able to delete awards. That is just one example, but it also allows us staff to potentially further improve the forum with updates with stuff such as official “Shop Systems”, “Posting Levels” “Reputation Points” “Leaderboards” etc. All different ideas which add to the fun of the forum.

3.    The restructuring of the categories – Yep it’s that time again. This obviously isn’t a big deal but a couple of minor changes would need to be done such as in the inclusion of “The Creators Hub” for content creators whether that be games, music, video etc, donator boards, and then the archiving of Sploder content.

4.   Punishment Restructure – Say goodbye to Giblet, say goodbye to Grunt, Say hello to PoW still (but maybe a different name) and say hello to the actual punishment system on SMF Forums. This one is half being used currently, but if the site starts transitioning, the current way the forum is run will need to transition as well so efficiency and other moderation methods can be improved for not only now, but the future.

5.   The loosening of Rules – Wait a second. Really? Well yes actually. You see, once the main site dies and Sploder restructure itself to a general Independent Creators/Content Creators/Pop Culture forum, Sploder technically will no longer be considered a kids site. Granted, kids could still join, but the demographic of the forums has suddenly shifted to teens and adults, which ironically is already what the forum is made up of.

However, because of this, stuff like swearing will be loosened which includes the changing of the censor to be more 2018 appropriate/lessened,  the potential for somewhat NSFW topics could potentially be discussed via opt in membership groups etc, the opportunities are endless and a loosening and restructuring of the rules will be very important and essential.

Of course, all this stuff is just the beginning and I’m sure you guys have ideas as well. Please let me know what you think, and also share what ideas you have as well. All of us freaking love this website, and we all love this community. We have one of the best communities on the internet and I don’t think any of us want to see it go anywhere.
Thanks for reading guys
Brock.
Thanks: 7grant2, kingrydogg, Hirakula, Wiktor3, LIAM WILL, The Benno, chucky12, etxbear, Martin, pokemonplayer2, t a l l b o y, Kiwibananaz, Cookies, Death, Crazykittyzz, sticki, CKAN!, Manga­Mixer, batte, M11d, Shady/Melinda, lavalinn, TheKingOfSwin, Tritertitan, Joji

Offline sticki

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • Awards For contributing to the Records board, can be earned for the most miniscule task - from b i g b o y For being voted as the member of the month - from Mikano You've earned three features! Nice job! - from Yugioh77 For entering Jayk's soundcloud contest - from konnichiha Highly prized and rare! - from Epicosaurus For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Epicosaurus For making inspiring physic puzzle maker games - from Epicosaurus I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Looking Towards The Future
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 08:59 PM »
Addressing a few points here:

We definitely shouldn't begin the transitioning process now, as there are still many people using the site for it's original purpose, and that likely won't change for the next two years. That's a very long time, and while preparations can be made for the future we shouldn't jump the gun so quickly

Member ranks, punishment systems and the likes don't necessarily need to be revamped, and forum awards could be given out instead of ranks though I'm sure that was just brainstorming.

The issue with the rules here is that if we were to allow more swearing, that would go against AdSense's rules- the program Geoff uses to gain revenue from advertisements.

The general theme of the forum wouldn't have to change too much (could still be primarily gaming oriented and creation oriented, though that doesn't have to be the case), and one point you didn't address was the approval process which is currently the most difficult thing on the internet- the verification for every post up until 25 could be disabled at the very least.

Not much else to say, I'm on board with an overhaul of the forum because it'd surely be necessary and there's a lot of time for the staff to come up with an effective plan.

Offline Neopolitan

• Bad Boy
  • War Veteran
  • Mogura
  • Bae Joo-hyun
  • Awards For reaching the rank 'Lieutenant', quite an accomplishment there - from Alon For reaching the rank 'General' - from Alon For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Alon Granted to users who provide a solid description for a Hall of Fame inductee - from Joji An award to all your great help, War Veteran - from Alonessix
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 09:04 PM »
Addressing a few points here:

We definitely shouldn't begin the transitioning process now, as there are still many people using the site for it's original purpose, and that likely won't change for the next two years. That's a very long time, and while preparations can be made for the future we shouldn't jump the gun so quickly

Member ranks, punishment systems and the likes don't necessarily need to be revamped, and forum awards could be given out instead of ranks though I'm sure that was just brainstorming.

The issue with the rules here is that if we were to allow more swearing, that would go against AdSense's rules- the program Geoff uses to gain revenue from advertisements.

The general theme of the forum wouldn't have to change too much (could still be primarily gaming oriented and creation oriented, though that doesn't have to be the case), and one point you didn't address was the approval process which is currently the most difficult thing on the internet- the verification for every post up until 25 could be disabled at the very least.

Not much else to say, I'm on board with an overhaul of the forum because it'd surely be necessary and there's a lot of time for the staff to come up with an effective plan.

Yeah these are all ideas rather than solid plans currently, I don't have any power here but I do enjoy having discussions like this. I actually agree with not transitioning right now, but I figured I'd throw it out there to see what others think.

Once the main site dies, this site isn't going to make any revenue anyway. Which is why the donations to keep the site alive is our best bet imo.

Offline sticki

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • Awards For contributing to the Records board, can be earned for the most miniscule task - from b i g b o y For being voted as the member of the month - from Mikano You've earned three features! Nice job! - from Yugioh77 For entering Jayk's soundcloud contest - from konnichiha Highly prized and rare! - from Epicosaurus For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Epicosaurus For making inspiring physic puzzle maker games - from Epicosaurus I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 09:07 PM »
I don't think Geoff is any financial trouble, but donations would be a nice added perk if a solid system could be set up to allow Geoff to collect the revenue. Issues can arise from PayPal and the way their system works, and if we were to simply send Geoff cash via PayPal his information would be exposed. It's not as easy as some may think.

Offline Shady/Melinda

• Suicidal Mystic
  • [Punishment] Banned
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • Sultan of Sploder
  • Awards For having an eye for good games - from KNI You've earned three features! Nice job! - from benisawesome7 :D For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Epicosaurus For contributing to the Records board, can be earned for the most miniscule task - from b i g b o y For being a part of the jury in the 2017 3rd Music Contest. Thank you for your h - from Joji Granted to users who provide a solid description for a Hall of Fame inductee - from Joji Happy Birthday! - from Yugioh77 For entering Jayk's soundcloud contest - from J0ji
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2018, 09:11 PM »
Potential board ideas:

Music General
  -Musicians
Art
  -Painting/Drawing, Photography, Digital Art, etc
Literature General
 -Writing
Video Game General
  -PC, Xbox, Nintendo, Sony, Mobile
Technology
-Coding
Politics (maybe a debate tower child board or just merge with current dt)
Film General
 -Television, Anime, Filmmaking

+maybe renaming the Post Ranks since they're named after the Shooter, and maybe just renaming the ranks to a more standard system for a wider appeal?

In my mind, I seek nothing but letting go
In my soul, everything is so cold
But in my heart, I just don't know

Offline sticki

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2018, 09:13 PM »
Potential board ideas:

Music General
  -Musicians
Art
  -Painting/Drawing, Photography, Digital Art, etc
Literature General
 -Writing
Video Game General
  -PC, Xbox, Nintendo, Sony, Mobile
Technology
-Coding
Politics (maybe a debate tower child board or just merge with current dt)
Film General
 -Television, Anime, Filmmaking

+maybe renaming the Post Ranks since they're named after the Shooter, and maybe just renaming the ranks to a more standard system for a wider appeal?

are the words separated by commas following the dash child boards? very excessive if so

Offline Shady/Melinda

• Suicidal Mystic
  • [Punishment] Banned
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • Sultan of Sploder
  • Awards For having an eye for good games - from KNI You've earned three features! Nice job! - from benisawesome7 :D For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Epicosaurus For contributing to the Records board, can be earned for the most miniscule task - from b i g b o y For being a part of the jury in the 2017 3rd Music Contest. Thank you for your h - from Joji Granted to users who provide a solid description for a Hall of Fame inductee - from Joji Happy Birthday! - from Yugioh77 For entering Jayk's soundcloud contest - from J0ji
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2018, 09:14 PM »
are the words separated by commas following the dash child boards? very excessive if so
yeah

the idea i was going for was for the main board to be a discussion board for the overall topic, and the child boards would be for creators.

Offline sticki

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2018, 09:17 PM »
yeah

the idea i was going for was for the main board to be a discussion board for the overall topic, and the child boards would be for creators.
I'm sure the general categories themselves would suffice lol, though the size of the userbase is extremely important and if over time we actually do gain more users this could be a more understandable size of boards.

Offline Shady/Melinda

• Suicidal Mystic
  • [Punishment] Banned
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • Sultan of Sploder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2018, 09:21 PM »
I'm sure the general categories themselves would suffice lol, though the size of the userbase is extremely important and if over time we actually do gain more users this could be a more understandable size of boards.
another idea could be just having one thread about a certain in the board that we sticky, which is pretty common on other forums (Example, on a music board we have a "Guitar Thread", a "Hip Hop Thread", etc.

Offline sticki

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2018, 09:22 PM »
another idea could be just having one thread about a certain in the board that we sticky, which is pretty common on other forums (Example, on a music board we have a "Guitar Thread", a "Hip Hop Thread", etc.
Never worked very well in the forum setting, posts go unrecognized and the incentive to post isn't all there. With the size of our userbase currently we could afford to confine everyone to very broad boards, and as that number grows over time things can be expanded.

Off topic, but isn't the forum medium dying out? Wouldn't that be an issue we're faced with down the road?

Online Master

• EveryBody's Favorite
  • Mainsite Office Employee
  • Disruptor
  • :8-/
  • Awards You've earned five features! Nice job! - from Mikano You've earned three features! Nice job! - from konnichiha For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Ripto Voted weirdest member of 2014 - from Spookie For being a good forum member - from Myown For leaving great comments - from Moolatycoon For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Moolatycoon For trying your very best! - from Spookie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2018, 09:29 PM »
Or..... how about we just not delete Sploder!

Offline Shady/Melinda

• Suicidal Mystic
  • [Punishment] Banned
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • Sultan of Sploder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2018, 09:29 PM »
I'm not sure if it is tbh, that is a good thing to look into.

Online Master

• EveryBody's Favorite
  • Mainsite Office Employee
  • Disruptor
  • :8-/
  • Awards You've earned five features! Nice job! - from Mikano You've earned three features! Nice job! - from konnichiha For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Ripto Voted weirdest member of 2014 - from Spookie For being a good forum member - from Myown For leaving great comments - from Moolatycoon For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Moolatycoon For trying your very best! - from Spookie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2018, 09:36 PM »
But in all seriousness, this is legit triggering me so badly because I do not like change.

Offline Butter

• happy hello!
  • *[T4] Loser Island
  • Disruptor
  • hello!
  • Awards I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL I made it to the Top 10 in Trials IV!!! - from LIAM WILL You've earned three features! Nice job! - from BIA For participating in the ZSG - from Epicosaurus Happy Birthday! - from Epicosaurus Eat butter. Love butter. Butter is life. - from Epicosaurus For being a great game artist - from Epicosaurus A member with this award now has a liamnight pony. Feed him fried peanut butter, - from Epicosaurus
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2018, 10:30 PM »
the forums will have to change its name though. since it wont be sploder forums considering how the forums arent about sploder anymore. it shouldnt be called like independent creators forums though. will like a catchy name be made to replace sploder forums. maybe we could have some kind of a contest to come up with a new name.

Offline Shady/Melinda

• Suicidal Mystic
  • [Punishment] Banned
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • Sultan of Sploder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2018, 10:34 PM »
the forums will have to change its name though. since it wont be sploder forums considering how the forums arent about sploder anymore. it shouldnt be called like independent creators forums though. will like a catchy name be made to replace sploder forums. maybe we could have some kind of a contest to come up with a new name.
itll just be sploder

Offline sticki

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2018, 10:39 PM »
itll just be sploder
lets not get ahead of ourselves, that's something we'd have to leave up to Geoff. In the end, it's his decision.

Offline ur mom.

• [Staff] General
  • Bugmeister
  • Awards For contributing to the Records board, can be earned for the most miniscule task - from Daniel ឵឵឵឵ For being voted as the staff of the month - from Jmc10 For having an eye for good games - from Yugioh77 An award to all your great help, War Veteran - from Epicosaurus Voted best forum staff of July 2015. - from Liamnight!(• ◡•) Eat butter. Love butter. Butter is life. - from liamnight A member with this award now has a liamnight pony. Feed him fried peanut butter, - from liamnight For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Hivetyrantofawesome
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2018, 11:45 PM »
suppart

Offline Eth

• Waow I lost my car keys
  • *[T4] Loser Island
  • Koptr
  • ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)=ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿
  • Awards may 23 - from TIMMY I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL For the b i g b o y s  - from a v e r a g e b o y Granted to users who provide a solid description for a Hall of Fame inductee - from Joji You've earned five features! Nice job! - from Yugioh77 For having an eye for good games - from Yugioh77 Freestyle Association Member - from General Death Made the best comment of 2014 - from Spookie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2018, 02:21 AM »
Could some light be shed on Java/Python/etc. game making as well as the Sploder Mainsite game creators? If and when Sploder passes on, the only ways to make games independently will be through these means. Maybe now isn't the best time for a total rebranding, as Sticki said, but maybe a category for small projects specifically to do with games made outside of the sploder creators could be a good addition, that way by the time Sploder MS is no longer supported the game creators still have a topic to fall back on.

Offline Eldar

• Dead Meme Corp
  • *Eliminated*
  • Tank
  • are you feeling it now mr krabs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • Awards I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL For contributing to the Records board, can be earned for the most miniscule task - from bendrick lamar For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Jmc10 For participating in Sploderians Of The Storm. - from konnichiha sghdfh - from konnichiha Beware The Parry Award! - from ur mom. For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Alon Happy Birthday! - from Epicosaurus
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2018, 10:55 AM »
I think there are a lot of solid ideas here, however I must say that I don't think this'll truly work without everyone's help.

popplio is best

Offline tobestertobes

• *Eliminated*
  • Tank
  • Awards I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL I made it to the Top 10 in Trials IV!!! - from LIAM WILL For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Epicosaurus For achieving 2nd place in the 2017 3rd Music Contest. Congratulations! - from Joji A souvenir for taking part in the 2017 3rd Music Contest. Thanks! - from Joji For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Jmc10 Happy Birthday! - from JJS
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2018, 12:09 PM »
I can see a transition going well if the community are willing to put work into making this its own standalone forum, with less focus on the mainsite and potentially more relaxed areas. However, for the sake of nostalgia it would be sad to see the roles completely changed up and whilst this is going to be inevitable, it'll be unfortunate to see the avatar system go, I feel that was another one of the unique things about this place albeit with the limited avatar creation
Not shy of a spark
A knife twists at the thought that I should fall short of the mark
Frightened by the bite though it's no harsher than the bark
Middle of adventure, such a perfect place to start

Online Jmc10

• Officer ★ ☆ ✰
  • *Eliminated*
  • Bugmeister
  • #BlueLivesMatter
  • Awards For reaching the rank 'Lieutenant', quite an accomplishment there - from Alonessix For those who do epic things and deserve respect - from JJS For Winning 2nd place in the Trials Gameshow - from Moola Beware The Parry Award! - from ur mom. I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL For contributing to the Records board, can be earned for the most miniscule task - from Daniel ឵឵឵឵ For having an eye for good games - from Yugioh77 sghdfh - from Spookie ;)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2018, 02:52 PM »
u wouldn't have to worry about my avatar going, i'd save it and continue using it :)

April 9, 2016 - July 9, 2017

executed on the 9th day of july 2017

Offline sticki

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2018, 03:10 PM »
The way avatars worked have always been a novelty that would be nice to hold onto after the shutdown, hard to describe but it really creates a sense of personality for each user and holds a level of anonymity without the ugly look of a compact format. Shifting the avatar maker over to the forum would be really neat since I believe the way forum plugins work would be just enough for the editor to be feasible.

Offline tobestertobes

• *Eliminated*
  • Tank
  • Awards I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL I made it to the Top 10 in Trials IV!!! - from LIAM WILL For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Epicosaurus For achieving 2nd place in the 2017 3rd Music Contest. Congratulations! - from Joji A souvenir for taking part in the 2017 3rd Music Contest. Thanks! - from Joji For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Jmc10 Happy Birthday! - from JJS
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2018, 03:34 PM »
The way avatars worked have always been a novelty that would be nice to hold onto after the shutdown, hard to describe but it really creates a sense of personality for each user and holds a level of anonymity without the ugly look of a compact format. Shifting the avatar maker over to the forum would be really neat since I believe the way forum plugins work would be just enough for the editor to be feasible.
Yeah it should be possible to isolate the creator and implement it here
Not shy of a spark

Offline Wind

• Professional Communist
  • Soldier
  • Bugmeister
  • So like yeah I like uh yeah man uh yeah you know?
  • Awards For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Jmc10 2nd place in the ZSG - from Spookie For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Rule For being a big help to the staff - from sto4 Forever Alone - from Timmy For being quick to the punch - from liamnight For participating in the Trials II Gameshow - from liamnight For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from lumberjay
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2018, 03:43 PM »
I honestly really dig the idea of reorienting the forum as more of a creative outlet rather than being shackled by the MS. Have the community compile resources for different art forms and skills and turn it from a MS-based forum into something more of a skill and project sharing website?
I highly dislike Alonessix.

Offline Shady/Melinda

• Suicidal Mystic
  • [Punishment] Banned
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • Sultan of Sploder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2018, 04:35 PM »
Gender and birthdays on profiles?

Offline sticki

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2018, 04:59 PM »
Gender and birthdays on profiles?
those are already possible with smf seems like Geoff removed them for a reason since they used to be on vanilla

Offline Shady/Melinda

• Suicidal Mystic
  • [Punishment] Banned
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • Sultan of Sploder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2018, 05:01 PM »
those are already possible with smf seems like Geoff removed them for a reason since they used to be on vanilla
Is the reason known?

Offline tobestertobes

• *Eliminated*
  • Tank
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2018, 06:04 PM »
Not shy of a spark

Offline chucky12

• Tank
  • IDK anymore.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2018, 06:45 PM »
You guys can just right-click your avatar image and save it. While that means no modification of your avatar, it would at least allow you to keep it I think. If somebody could save all the avatar options into images, then we could theoretically save the avatars without needing the avatar creator.
I guess I'm the bizarre GIF collector now.

Offline sticki

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2018, 06:56 PM »
You guys can just right-click your avatar image and save it. While that means no modification of your avatar, it would at least allow you to keep it I think. If somebody could save all the avatar options into images, then we could theoretically save the avatars without needing the avatar creator.
problem is the lack of regulation on the avatars allowed

Tags: