collapse

Stories Untold

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Looking Towards The Future  (Read 1590 times)

Offline Crazykittyzz

• Miss You Girl
  • *Red Team*
  • Disruptor
  • ----
  • Awards Beware The Parry Award! - from ur mom. For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Alon For being an outstanding forum member! - from Alon For being a great game artist - from Alon For making inspiring physic puzzle maker games - from konnichiha A member with this award now has a liamnight pony. Feed him fried peanut butter, - from Spookie For participating in the Trials II Gameshow - from liamnight Nana Nana Boo Boo! - from liamnight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Looking Towards The Future
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2018, 11:57 AM »
The amount of perseverance and positivity in this chat is making me happy.

;)

Offline M11d

• Soldier
  • Tank
  • A flawed people cannot create a perfect society.
  • Awards For being an active and talented debater - from J0ji For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Epicosaurus
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2018, 05:48 PM »
I could legitimately see this go a long ways. What if we engaged in stuff like eSports? I think that would be a good transition because 1) it's connected to the original purpose of the site, 2) doing well in eSports can help the site keep running or do even better financially, and 3) we can attract new people to our focused age groups, which Brock said to be the teen to young adult region.

Offline M11d

• Soldier
  • Tank
  • Awards For being an active and talented debater - from J0ji For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Epicosaurus
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2018, 05:48 PM »
If we created like an eSports Sploder Rocket League team, I would be down to join it.

Offline M11d

• Soldier
  • Tank
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2018, 05:49 PM »
Also, we could implement advertisements between every 5-10 posts to increase AdSense revenue.

Offline tjjoker

• Repeller
  • I don't understand myself XD
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2018, 07:39 PM »
Sploder esports... I LOVE THAT IDEA!
Help this poor soul get a life for just 10 trillion Bitcoin

Offline alek5andar

• *Eliminated*
  • Magnet
  • ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
  • Awards I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL I made it to the Top 10 in Trials IV!!! - from LIAM WILL
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2018, 12:04 PM »
Whelp... It is dying...

Offline wordigirl

• *Top 5*
  • Tank
  • FromThePlanetLexicon. Have a super blessed day!
  • Awards Beware The Parry Award! - from ur mom. I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Joji Happy Birthday! - from Joji
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2018, 06:08 AM »
I don't see why sploder has to completely shut down though. There are a few games that aren't completely flash based such as arcade and sploderheads, and although that would be drastically more "boring" than the site as it now stands, we can still linger around and if and when the 3d creator gets up it will bring some more excitement. Maybe there's "no hope" for the older flash creators, but we can always stand by implementing new creators over time. There's a strong community, and a lot of people like retro and sploderheads. Why would you delete them when it is completely unnecessary? Those creators still have quite a following, and people enjoy them.
❤ I love y'all. https://bit.ly/2xde6rz

Have an exuberantly blessed day!!!Best Thread 2017

Offline Vaxen

• Turret
  • Conservatism Is The New Counter-Culture
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2018, 05:07 PM »
I understand the situation, but I think it would be a very massive shame to see the main website gone.

I dont think Sploder is still Sploder without the Game Making features. For me it's just not right. I was just about to come back when I read this, and I hate to say it, but if the Game Makers are gone, I'm gone too, sadly.

I think the biggest problem with the MS going downhill is due that most of the users that were active when Sploder was at its peak of popularity, such as me, are aging. Also during that time, I think smartphones and tablets weren't as huge as they are now, so potential new users are on their phones instead of browsing the web with a computer. Perhaps the lack of new content on the website isn't helping either? I dont blame Geoff, of course, I mean I'm sure he has a busy life.

I think a simple solution would be, if possible, to convert the game makers to HTML5 and have the rest of the game makers to be also in HTML5 in the future. And definitely try to do something that can attract visitors such as ads on other websites.
Sploder's #1 Shoot'em up fan

Proud conservative

Offline tjjoker

• Repeller
  • I don't understand myself XD
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2018, 05:51 PM »
-- quote --
I dont think Sploder is still Sploder without the Game Making features. For me it's just not right. I was just about to come back when I read this, and I hate to say it, but if the Game Makers are gone, I'm gone too, sadly.
-- end quote --

Yeah, if the game creators are going to die, I'll probably move to Unity or something like that. It would be wonderful if the game creators could be converted into HTML5, but I don't know yet whether that will happen
Help this poor soul get a life for just 10 trillion Bitcoin

Tags: