collapse

Stories Untold

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Users Online:

sivershadows sivershadows
LegendaryBrick LegendaryBrick

Members: 3
Guests: 88
Hidden: 1

Author Topic: Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.  (Read 439 times)

Offline Leah | Patient

• Harassment Squad
  • Soldier
  • Tank
  • Friends don't lie.
  • Awards Beware The Parry Award! - from ur mom. For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Epicosaurus congrats you've wasted 10 hours of your life - from Yugioh77 Happy Birthday! - from Joji For being loveable - from Yugioh77 sad - from konnichiha For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from J0ji Forever Alone - from Epicosaurus
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.
« on: March 12, 2018, 04:55 AM »
I think that quote really does apply to everyone right now.

Sploder has been an intimate and influential part of all our lives. Many of us have spent our childhood here. Many of us have met life long friends here. Sploder has changed so many lives, both for the better and for the worse. We've had so many ups, so many downs. So much laughter, and some tears. The creativity this site has birthed and nurtured over the years is amazing, and I hope to see some of you eventually take it further than this small little flash-based site and go on to create wonderful, amazing games. I know you can, because I believe in this community.

This community is one of the most resilient, one of the most tight-knit and one of the most varied out there. When people say "Sploder is addictive", they really do mean it. People have left only to be drawn back. This little plucky flash site never really leaves your mind. There's something that always brings you back. Whether it is the charm of the creators, the innovation found within the games, the community or even just the novelty of making your own games. Something about this place, it always stays with you.

This community is resilient. I know this, you know this. The passing of the physical site will not result in the passing of the community. We will live on through the large variety of member-created discords and, most importantly, the official discord. If you haven't already joined it, check it out here http://forums.sploder.com/index.php/topic,503695.0.html This community won't die. I have faith it won't.

We've all had different experiences with this site. Most people have had an overwhelmingly positive experience mixed with the occasional negative experience. I can't really talk about anyone else's experiences, but I can definitely talk about my own and how it has changed me. How it opened my life up to new people, new communities and new experiences. My life right now would be radically different if it wasn't for Sploder and I am beyond grateful for the pathways it has opened for me.

I'm going to be honest with you all, I've been here longer than most would assume. This has already been posted in the Barracks, so any soldier+ who has seen it will already know this. I joined the mainsite 5 years ago, according to my old profile. I registered for the forums on 30th December 2013, 11:59:23. I made my first post the next day. That account is now banned of my own volition. I will post the explanation I gave in the Barracks. If you already know this, skip past it to the big dotted line at the bottom.

"I am timerider567/lon'qu. I'm so so sorry for lying to everyone. I had to get away from this site, specifically that name. Doing so involved lying to everyone on the site. I'm not proud of it, but I did what I felt had to be done. I don't know how many people remember, but I was being stalked and harassed by a user on this site going by the name Layra. And no, I'm not exaggerating this. For years she would send threatening DMs to me, she would threaten to kidnap me, kill my family, heck she'd threaten to splode me. This whole thing started when I was around 12-13. I was scared stiff. I didn't fully understand what was happening. It carried on until around late 2015 I believe? I would block her account, she would come at me with new ones. Every time, the same thing would happen. She would threaten to find me, kidnap me and force me to live with her. I guess, in her head it wasn't a threat. I guess she believed that it was a good thing. But it terrified my younger self. It got to the point where she somehow found my account on a different site and began harassing me there. That account has since been deactivated and I no longer use the site. It then escalated further. She had somehow found out where I lived and threatened to drive up from the South of England to come find me. I didn't doubt her for a second. At this point, any smart person would just stop using the site and never log on again. But sploder was different, I couldn't bring myself to leave (obviously lol). I had friends, it was a huge part of my childhood and I couldn't bare to leave it behind. I thought, the best thing I could do was get myself banned. So I did, I requested to be gibbed and I was. I lurked around the forums as a guest for a month or so and made my mainsite account, thepatient. I tried to keep low and not associate myself with timerider or anything else connected. I was genuinely scared. Eventually I joined the forums and bam. You all know the rest. But, I wasn't perfect. I slipped up. Joey and Sticki ended up figuring me out but were completely understanding when I explained to them why (thank you guys so much <3). Please believe me when I say, I was scared for my life. She wasn't just another troll. She wouldn't ever stop. I'm fairly certain she uploaded a few videos onto youtube but I can't seem to find them anymore so maybe they're gone.

Yes, I'm aware that there have been more serious cases of stalking involving Iron and I am in no way trying to make that seem less important or serious. If anything, it was worse than what I went through.

I am so sorry for lying. I'm so sorry for never telling anyone and never intending on telling anyone."
=============================================================================

So yeah, that's who I am and why I did what I had to do. I don't believe she is going to find me at this point, so I believe any risk to myself is minimal and I feel safe posting this in public. Originally, I posted this in the barracks because I feared she was still lurking around. After reassurance from other members, I feel much safer letting this be public knowledge. Looking back on my life on Sploder, I know it was overwhelmingly positive. As a kid, I had my fun. I enjoyed this site even when that whole experience was going on. I made games, I made cringy stupid news shows, I made stupid yet somehow fun escape from noob school games, I ended up trying to make some actual games which ended up being impossibly hard. I made friends, I had fun. Even while all this splode was happening to me, Sploder still found its way to make me happy. Looking back on what I was like really puts into perspective how much I've changed. Whether it has been for the better or for the worse depends on the person, but I believe I've changed for the better.

My point is, despite all that stuff I dealt with, I still look back fondly on my time here. My development as a person, my interests and hobbies and the people I'm friends with. They have all been affected to some degree by Sploder. I owe so much to this little site. I love this place, I love the people, I love the games. I love the unhealthy amount of time I've sinked into this place. I love the jokes, I love the laughter. I love this site, throughout all the ups and downs I've had. I love Sploder. And I am so thankful for everything this place has done for me.

If there's one thing I want anyone reading this to take away from this mountain of text, it's this:

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

- Leah
Thanks: bendrick lamar, Joey, Cookies, NaZa, Epicosaurus, Eldar, FFK, anew20034, Manga­Mixer, Demonxz95, bestatgames9, Startrek, swimmer18, FuzTheHamster, Jigglypuff, unovi, pepperedSteak, Proxy, Baysha, kingofdanerds
I'm always halfway happy
|
MOTY Best Writer - 2016, 2017
|
Photographer
|
Upside/Down
|
We're all stories in the end, just make it a good one.
|
Be(lie)ve

Offline Startrek

• The Humble Asian
  • Soldier
  • Electropede
  • Ohey :)
  • Awards For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Lt. Ripto Award given for being an alt. (You don't want this!) - from konnichiha I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL You've earned ten features! Nice job! - from not knni For winning any of the Sploderheads weekly competition. - from Mikano
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 05:06 AM »
🙏 💖

I hope we'll all still be together in some way or another even if everything else dies.

Registered - 12 August 2009
Reviewer (13 Dec 2011 - 18 Feb 2015, 8 Nov 2017 - )
Ex-Moderator (25 July 2013 - 18 Feb 2015)
Soldier (11 Sep 2014 - 29 Nov 2014, 9 January 2018 - )
16 Features

Offline Leah | Patient

• Harassment Squad
  • Soldier
  • Tank
  • Friends don't lie.
  • Awards Beware The Parry Award! - from ur mom. For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Epicosaurus congrats you've wasted 10 hours of your life - from Yugioh77 Happy Birthday! - from Joji For being loveable - from Yugioh77 sad - from konnichiha For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from J0ji Forever Alone - from Epicosaurus
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 10:12 AM »
bump
I'm always halfway happy
|
|
Photographer
|
Upside/Down
|
|
Be(lie)ve

Offline kingofdanerds

• *Eliminated*
  • Reverser
  • Hi, I'm Paul
  • Awards For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from liamnight Happy Birthday! - from Alon
    • View Profile
    • Awards

Offline Leah | Patient

• Harassment Squad
  • Soldier
  • Tank
  • Friends don't lie.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2018, 11:36 AM »
bump
I'm always halfway happy
|
|
Photographer
|
Upside/Down
|
|
Be(lie)ve

Offline heavytruth

• Soldier
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • crayons ~ NFQ∴
  • Awards For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Joji For being a good forum member - from Alonessix For being a big help to the staff - from Spookie ;) sghdfh - from Spookie For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Lt. Death may 23 - from TIMMY Happy Birthday! - from Epicosaurus Fed upon countless victims. 2015 - from General Death
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2018, 11:44 AM »
come for the games stay for the people
Thanks: bendrick lamar, ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), Cookies, Epicosaurus, anew20034, Demonxz95, swimmer18, Leah | Patient, unovi, pepperedSteak

Offline ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Soldier
  • Guard
  • Awards Award bestowed upon members inducted into the forum Hall of Fame - from Epicosaurus Nothing will stop this user from making great platformer games - from Yugioh77 For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Epicosaurus For being a good forum member - from Rule Happy Birthday! - from Rule For participating in the Trials II Gameshow - from liamnight A classic award for extraordinary feats. - from JJS Bestowed upon Reviewers whose skills have earned them a place in the ERL - from JJS
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2018, 12:28 PM »
Sploder  isn't an ex-girlfriend lol, it's my childhood.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 01:29 PM by ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) »

Offline Cookies

• *Audience* (For Victorian Trials)
  • Reverser
  • I think its time you had a pink cloud summer
  • Awards Beware The Parry Award! - from ur mom. For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Alon Happy Birthday! - from Epicosaurus Forever Alone - from Timmy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2018, 12:44 PM »
YOU WERE TIMERIDER567 kjldfjlkdejkldkde;kode;kodeDFSODSJKDSKJD WHAT

Offline Dcxd

• [Punishment]
  • Mainsite Office Employee
  • Guard
  • it was funny until i said it
  • Awards For contributing to the Records board, can be earned for the most miniscule task - from b i g b o y sghdfh - from benisawesome7 :D For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Jmc10 For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from konnichiha For participating in the Volare Challenge - from Kaynichiha Happy Birthday! - from J0ji
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2018, 01:12 PM »
can i still cry
> baysha was my 1000th thanker <

Offline Leah | Patient

• Harassment Squad
  • Soldier
  • Tank
  • Friends don't lie.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2018, 01:40 PM »
YOU WERE TIMERIDER567 kjldfjlkdejkldkde;kode;kodeDFSODSJKDSKJD WHAT

yah

can i still cry

go for it bro we gotchu
I'm always halfway happy
|
|
Photographer
|
Upside/Down
|
|
Be(lie)ve

Offline wordigirl

• *Red Team*
  • Tank
  • FromThePlanetLexicon. Have a super blessed day!
  • Awards Beware The Parry Award! - from ur mom. I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Joji Happy Birthday! - from Joji
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2018, 02:08 PM »
God bless everyone here. I will never forget anything, but I will never give up on Sploder.
Have an exuberantly blessed day!!!Best Thread 2017

Offline Leah | Patient

• Harassment Squad
  • Soldier
  • Tank
  • Friends don't lie.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2018, 04:16 PM »
b
I'm always halfway happy
|
|
Photographer
|
Upside/Down
|
|
Be(lie)ve

Offline Demonxz95

• Moderator of the Year 2017
  • Mainsite Office Employee
  • Koptr
  • Shake and Bake!
  • Awards Beware The Parry Award! - from ur mom. For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Jmc10 For participating in the Volare Challenge - from konnichiha You've earned eight features! Nice job! - from Yugioh77 For having an eye for good games - from Yugioh77 Part of the crew in THE Sploder Game Thread. - from Spookie ;) For achieving over 1000 thanks, well done! - from liamnight Merry Christmas! - from Matty
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2018, 04:24 PM »
Holy splode, you were Timerider the whole time? I liked that guy and I still like you now. Pretty surreal.

By EnderChimera

Offline NaZa

• Doomed Member
  • *Eliminated*
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • I guess I'm too average to fit in. #LegoMovieCliche
  • Awards Know the power of the Dark Side! - from Rule For participating in the holiday fun in 2013 - from Jammyt2 Nana Nana Boo Boo! - from JJS Beware The Parry Award! - from ur mom. I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL I made it to the Top 10 in Trials IV!!! - from LIAM WILL For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Probe For being a part of the jury in the 2017 3rd Music Contest. Thank you for your h - from Joji
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2018, 05:09 PM »
YOU ARE TIMERIDER?

That explains quite a lot, actually.

Anyway, Layra is a huge splodeing manipulator and I hate her. She's really hateful for Croatia too, and she absolutely wants evil to everyone. One of the worst human beings ever. She threatened to kill a cat unless I lied about Peppered.

Anyway, you're timerider567. And I agree with the title.
I too like having sexual relations with grills ~ Sandwich 2K16