collapse

Stories Untold

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How We Could Be Helping Each Other (Please read!!)  (Read 745 times)

Offline Swedenplatformge

• Tank
  • Be an artist in your own unique way and achieve
  • Awards For placing 3rd in the Collaborations category for EGD 9! - from Matty ;) For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Jmc10 For leaving great comments - from Moolatycoon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
How We Could Be Helping Each Other (Please read!!)
« on: March 01, 2018, 09:30 AM »
Hi folks! You probably know me for my life threads, but I just came up with a new concept... How about we all help each other (:p)? I know it sounds cliche and kinda stupid (probably) but hear me about xD

So basically, we share each other motivational quotes; that we find has to value in some big way. And then we define them ourselves or let someone else do it :p

It could go both ways too at the same time, really. The general idea with this is that we help each other self-improve our thinking, so we get a clear picture of life's general rules and how it works, so thereafter we can achieve the things we want to achieve easier in life!

But that's not all! I think while we are at it.. why not share with each other here our personal experiences with the growth given via applying these new thinking habits? :p

Why do this? Well.. here's definite benefits:

+ We could learn from each other

+ We could be motivated and inspired by each other

+ We could help each other (with how we apply these new thinking habits in our lives)

+ We get to know each other in deeper way

+ We can encourage others who haven't done this before to get into this.. since they'll probably be interested by seeing this thread's activity

+ We could get amazing insights at life

+ We could grow as people (especially together)

+ We can see opportunities in ourselves and our life that we never could before

+ We could learn to help each other more

+ We could learn how to be social in a deeper level (this thread gives opportunity for that)

And WAAAAY more reasons.

So let's do this yall, please? :))
Thanks: Cian, MarcViPer, Cookies, anew20034, Startrek, Shady/Melinda, lavalinn, Leah | Patient, pepperedSteak, Baysha, kingofdanerds

Offline MarcViPer

• Jara
  • *Eliminated*
  • Koptr
  • Aeiou
  • Awards For those who do epic things and deserve respect - from JJS I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL For contributing to the Records board, can be earned for the most miniscule task - from bendrick lamar sghdfh - from Jmc10  For winning in textlabel's Sploder Raffle! - from lordeldar For being a good forum member - from Rule Forever Alone - from swallowthesun For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from liamnight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: How We Could Be Helping Each Other (Please read!!)
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 09:53 AM »
Hate to break it to you, but there's no help for this community lol.

Offline Swedenplatformge

• Tank
  • Awards For placing 3rd in the Collaborations category for EGD 9! - from Matty ;) For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Jmc10 For leaving great comments - from Moolatycoon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 01:13 PM »
I'll start:

"I am the only problem I'll ever have. And I am the solution".

- Bob Proctor

In life, our only true person to blame for doing the wrong decisions is us. And in life, the only person we will ever be able to thank for making the right decision leading to joy and happiness is us too.

We cannot blame others.. as others don't affect our decisions. The only affect others have on us is by saying stuff.. Stuff that we could either keep inside our head. Or just let it pass by our head, and ignore it.

We always have a choice.. When someone tells us something it's only a suggestion. But only when we convince yourself it's not a suggestion, then they accept it as fact... But again, that power was always held by us. Even in this scenario mentioned, you would have choosing taken what has been said as fact.

Again, we always have a choice. It's us to blame and be thankful for. Since after all, it's only ourselves we listen to at the end of the day. So don't be confused with the opinions of others to your power of making decisions yourselves.

Offline Prince

• Mainsite Office Employee
  • Launcher
  • apod
  • Awards Happy Birthday! - from The Bencredible Hulk For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Joji
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 01:35 PM »
The premise of this thread is really beautiful, thank you for sharing it with us.
MOTD 2015 Best New Member & Most Potential, Mainsite Moderator, Reviewer and Reviewer Recruiter. Feel free to shoot me a message if you see me around.

I draw portraits of Sploder members! http://forums.sploder.com/index.php/topic,509854.0.html

Offline MarcViPer

• Jara
  • *Eliminated*
  • Koptr
  • Aeiou
  • Awards For those who do epic things and deserve respect - from JJS I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL For contributing to the Records board, can be earned for the most miniscule task - from bendrick lamar sghdfh - from Jmc10  For winning in textlabel's Sploder Raffle! - from lordeldar For being a good forum member - from Rule Forever Alone - from swallowthesun For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from liamnight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 03:25 PM »
Interesting quote, I'm not sure what the deeper meaning of it is though. This is just my opinion, but it seems rather negative and doesn't contribute to the theme of "motivational life quotes". I say this simply because it didn't motivate me, but perhaps it'll do wonders for somebody else.

Offline Cian

• Heavy Cruiser
  • CyanGaming
  • Awards For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Probe You've earned five features! Nice job! - from Yugioh77 For making inspiring physic puzzle maker games - from J0ji For being an outstanding forum member! - from Netshark For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Ravicale  I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL You have earned 3 Features. Nice job. - from Epicosaurus  For winning in textlabel's Sploder Raffle! - from lordeldar
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2018, 03:34 PM »
.-.

Offline Leah | Patient

• Harassment Squad
  • Soldier
  • Tank
  • Friends don't lie.
  • Awards Beware The Parry Award! - from ur mom. For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Epicosaurus congrats you've wasted 10 hours of your life - from Yugioh77 Happy Birthday! - from Joji For being loveable - from Yugioh77 sad - from konnichiha For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from J0ji Forever Alone - from Epicosaurus
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2018, 04:14 PM »
Hate to break it to you, but there's no help for this community lol.

posts like this and mentalities like this are exactly why
I'm always halfway happy
|
MOTY Best Writer - 2016, 2017
|
Photographer
|
Upside/Down
|
We're all stories in the end, just make it a good one.
|
Be(lie)ve

Offline Swedenplatformge

• Tank
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2018, 04:19 PM »
Guys stop fighting and fooling around. Seriously..

Now.. for those of you who share an actual life quote.. I'll give you a free thank :33
You don't even need to define it, but why not if you want to / can?

It doesn't even have to be anything fancy. I can help you to define it if you want and we can go from there... Discuss our life situations and all that stuff and how these quote's mentalities may help. :))

Offline MarcViPer

• Jara
  • *Eliminated*
  • Koptr
  • Aeiou
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2018, 04:26 PM »
posts like this and mentalities like this are exactly why
Exactly. Jokes like this (what you quoted / i wrote) made me change my perspective on this community.

Offline Swedenplatformge

• Tank
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2018, 04:53 PM »
I said stop.

Offline Open

• Mainsite Office Employee
  • Tank
  • 😒
  • Awards For placing 2nd in the amateurs category for EGD 9! - from Matty ;) For placing 2nd in the PPG category for EGD 9! - from Matty ;) For placing 4th-10th in the overall category for EGD 9! - from Matty ;) For placing in the top 11 of the Public's Vote category for EGD 9! - from Matty ;) Survived Freddy Krueger 2014 - from Freddy Krueger  For winning in textlabel's Sploder Raffle! - from Matty Happy Birthday! - from Princess Matty For contributing to the Records board, can be earned for the most miniscule task - from Daniel ឵឵឵឵
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2018, 05:24 PM »
Don't watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going.
- Sam Levenson

There are times in life where everything will just crumble. It may be work related, break ups, and many more reasons. We begin to feel that we are hopeless. No one loves me. Why must splode happen to me?. But the inner strength lies in our ability to bounce back from hardships, and to live a better life than before. Time is always ticking, and I think Levenson really does capture what resilience and persistence is. To keep going.

You may feel like you're lost at times. You may feel frustrated at times. You may feel anxious at times. And that's okay, it's all part of growing up to become a better person. I recently read Ernesto Guevara's travelogue 'The Motorcycle Diaries', and one key aspect of his journey was that even though his plans never arrived, he kept going. And now, we all know him as the revolutionary militarist. I highly recommend reading his memoir to get a feel for his raw side, his human side.

Relating it back to reality, it's okay to feel like splode. We all do. But to become a better person, we need to keep going. And that's what this quote aims to encourage.
Thanks: chucky12, Cian, MarcViPer, Startrek, Shady/Melinda, Swedenplatformge, lavalinn
i'm here one minute, the next i'm gone *whoosh*

Offline Swedenplatformge

• Tank
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2018, 06:05 PM »
Don't watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going.
- Sam Levenson

There are times in life where everything will just crumble. It may be work related, break ups, and many more reasons. We begin to feel that we are hopeless. No one loves me. Why must splode happen to me?. But the inner strength lies in our ability to bounce back from hardships, and to live a better life than before. Time is always ticking, and I think Levenson really does capture what resilience and persistence is. To keep going.

You may feel like you're lost at times. You may feel frustrated at times. You may feel anxious at times. And that's okay, it's all part of growing up to become a better person. I recently read Ernesto Guevara's travelogue 'The Motorcycle Diaries', and one key aspect of his journey was that even though his plans never arrived, he kept going. And now, we all know him as the revolutionary militarist. I highly recommend reading his memoir to get a feel for his raw side, his human side.

Relating it back to reality, it's okay to feel like splode. We all do. But to become a better person, we need to keep going. And that's what this quote aims to encourage.

That was.. beautiful.

I myself too have not long ago felt powerless.. like stuff just keeps happening and all I could do was see my life faint away. But that was the irony.. since that human spirit we all have that says "keep going" was always inside of me, even when I felt quite down..

Indeed your mentality of "it's ok to not feel perfect, but keep going" could start to apply better in my life, if I help it to.. Since I'm always super obsessed recently with how I feel and splode.

But like you and my dad said.. you'll never feel perfect all the time. So I suppose the key for me is to keep going. While also having a clear vision to pursue as much happiness as possible.

Offline chucky12

• Tank
  • IDK anymore.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2018, 10:05 PM »
"I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." —Michael Jordan

Admittedly, I have a hard time of letting go of the past. However, I know that it's better in the long run if I do. If I make a stupid mistake, many of you will probably forget it exists after a month-unless it's a huge mistake. The point is, I feel like all of us could definitely improve upon forgiving-forgetting might be somewhat harder, and there's times when the law should be enforced, but we shouldn't try to use past mistakes to drag each other down; if we made the same exact mistake, we'd be hypocritical, and at that point, what's the worse offense?
I guess I'm the bizarre GIF collector now.

Offline lavalinn

• *[T4] Loser Island
  • Guard
  • I know it hurts sometimes but youll get over it
  • Awards I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL For winning Avatar Wars - from greenrain For contributing to the Records board, can be earned for the most miniscule task - from Daniel ឵឵឵឵ For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Probe For eating bread - from LiamCreates Happy Birthday!  - from Miyu Makimura For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Jmc10 For participating in the Volare Challenge - from Kaynichiha
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2018, 12:42 AM »
Sweden my man you should travel around the world as an inspirational speaker, not for profit but to help the youth my dude.

also

“The greatest tragedy in life is not death, but a life without a purpose.”
this quote comes from the late Dr. Myles Munroe, my old church pastor.

From seventh grade I was that one dude that was never usually doing anything, just living through life. I joined the dull conga line. When I realized what I was doing, which was absolutely nothing I finally decided to focus on what I loved to do and I made it my career and purpose. What I see from this quote, every life that is born has a purpose inside, a reason why they exist. They just gotta find it. Better to die doing something outstanding than to live and not be known for anything, heck, even if you're being known for something minor.
Fish swim, birds fly, worms crawl, they got their purpose. What's yours?

also

amazing thread sweden. You're presence on this site is more than enjoyable, well to me

Offline Startrek

• The Humble Asian
  • Soldier
  • Electropede
  • Ohey :)
  • Awards For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Lt. Ripto Award given for being an alt. (You don't want this!) - from konnichiha I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL You've earned ten features! Nice job! - from not knni For winning any of the Sploderheads weekly competition. - from Mikano
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2018, 06:02 AM »
An old african proverb says

''If there's no enemy within, the enemy outside us can do us no harm''

Within you, there is a battle going on between two wolves. One wolf has the characteristic qualities of aggression, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, hate and suffering. While the other wolf is one of tame, joy, peace, calmness, exubrance, hope, generosity, truth and compassion. The question is which one will win, and the answer is whichever wolf you feed. The same fight is going within us and everyone of you too without any benefit of the doubt.

When you finally instill and maintain a strong mind, there is noone that can overwhelm you with their cloud of judgement. Maintaining a positive mindset and feeding the inner animal within with its power will keep us invulnerable and able to withstand all obstacles against all odds. It beats the temptation of comparison, envy, negativity. Being self-aware, mindful and grateful for everything you already have since it is all within us, will allow us to collect a sense of perspective and enable us to move forward. Enjoying the journey, the process and not overanalysing the destination beats the temptation of fearing the uncertainty, and letting courage take you through that process.

I've suffered and caught wind of my setbacks of insecurities over the years mainly because of constantly looking upon others time after time and overanalysing the things I didn't have. But there'll always be things others have that you don't have, but also things they haven't and that you do have, vice versa. Accepting that it will occur throughout all the course of your life and changing the defining factor, your mindset will allow for such self-prevail. Life will never happen your way, it's primarily a greater means for yourself of adapting and living life's way. Living in the moment and enjoying every single thing you have, the long painful process, every breath you take as it is only temporary, and changing-feeding the good wolf mindset consistently is above all odds the greatest process of self-renewal imo.

Registered - 12 August 2009
Reviewer (13 Dec 2011 - 18 Feb 2015, 8 Nov 2017 - )
Ex-Moderator (25 July 2013 - 18 Feb 2015)
Soldier (11 Sep 2014 - 29 Nov 2014, 9 January 2018 - )
16 Features

Offline Startrek

• The Humble Asian
  • Soldier
  • Electropede
  • Ohey :)
  • Awards For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Lt. Ripto Award given for being an alt. (You don't want this!) - from konnichiha I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL You've earned ten features! Nice job! - from not knni For winning any of the Sploderheads weekly competition. - from Mikano
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2018, 06:04 AM »
great guide tho man btw, constant reminder works wonders

Registered - 12 August 2009
Reviewer (13 Dec 2011 - 18 Feb 2015, 8 Nov 2017 - )
Ex-Moderator (25 July 2013 - 18 Feb 2015)
Soldier (11 Sep 2014 - 29 Nov 2014, 9 January 2018 - )
16 Features

Offline Swedenplatformge

• Tank
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2018, 11:43 AM »
An old african proverb says

''If there's no enemy within, the enemy outside us can do us no harm''

Within you, there is a battle going on between two wolves. One wolf has the characteristic qualities of aggression, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, hate and suffering. While the other wolf is one of tame, joy, peace, calmness, exubrance, hope, generosity, truth and compassion. The question is which one will win, and the answer is whichever wolf you feed. The same fight is going within us and everyone of you too without any benefit of the doubt.

When you finally instill and maintain a strong mind, there is noone that can overwhelm you with their cloud of judgement. Maintaining a positive mindset and feeding the inner animal within with its power will keep us invulnerable and able to withstand all obstacles against all odds. It beats the temptation of comparison, envy, negativity. Being self-aware, mindful and grateful for everything you already have since it is all within us, will allow us to collect a sense of perspective and enable us to move forward. Enjoying the journey, the process and not overanalysing the destination beats the temptation of fearing the uncertainty, and letting courage take you through that process.

I've suffered and caught wind of my setbacks of insecurities over the years mainly because of constantly looking upon others time after time and overanalysing the things I didn't have. But there'll always be things others have that you don't have, but also things they haven't and that you do have, vice versa. Accepting that it will occur throughout all the course of your life and changing the defining factor, your mindset will allow for such self-prevail. Life will never happen your way, it's primarily a greater means for yourself of adapting and living life's way. Living in the moment and enjoying every single thing you have, the long painful process, every breath you take as it is only temporary, and changing-feeding the good wolf mindset consistently is above all odds the greatest process of self-renewal imo.

This is some good splode, tbh. I think everyone could definitely benefit from listening to this text with headphones via a program or whatever daily. And truly think about it before making our next move..

Sweden my man you should travel around the world as an inspirational speaker, not for profit but to help the youth my dude.

also

“The greatest tragedy in life is not death, but a life without a purpose.”
this quote comes from the late Dr. Myles Munroe, my old church pastor.

From seventh grade I was that one dude that was never usually doing anything, just living through life. I joined the dull conga line. When I realized what I was doing, which was absolutely nothing I finally decided to focus on what I loved to do and I made it my career and purpose. What I see from this quote, every life that is born has a purpose inside, a reason why they exist. They just gotta find it. Better to die doing something outstanding than to live and not be known for anything, heck, even if you're being known for something minor.
Fish swim, birds fly, worms crawl, they got their purpose. What's yours?

also

amazing thread sweden. You're presence on this site is more than enjoyable, well to me

Thx Lava :)

And yeah, well said my friend! Glad you find your true spirit in life and decided to follow it. This could be a nice read/thing to listen to - in the car.

Offline Swedenplatformge

• Tank
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2018, 11:44 AM »
great guide tho man btw, constant reminder works wonders

Np (assuming you were talking to me xD).

Offline chucky12

• Tank
  • IDK anymore.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2018, 12:26 PM »
 I'm gonna post another one, if nobody minds.

"Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy." Norman Vincent Peale

This hits a little closer to home for me, because there's many times when people at my high school say that they're not going to go anywhere in life, that I-and other people like me-are clearly smarter. This is wrong, in my opinion, for a couple of reasons.
1. Just because I'm older doesn't mean I'm any smarter than a younger kid. I seriously believe that while maturity certainly comes with age, that it only comes if somebody wants it to come; in other words, you can act mature only if you want to. And, I might have more knowledge, but I'm only as smart as my ability to apply my knowledge successfully and effectively.
2. I can't stand it when people say that they don't have a chance at achieving their goals; I think that having to read The Alchemist has strengthened that view. For those that don't know, The Alchemist is about an 18-year-old who goes on a journey to fulfill his dream of finding some hidden treasure, A.K.A. his personal legend. A personal legend is essentially the goal somebody has in life; however, it's up to the person as to whether or not they'll achieve their goals. I understand that it's up to people, but it seriously makes me sad when people say they don't think they can achieve their goals.
What I'm trying to say is that we should all strive to be a better person, and not be afraid to achieve our goals. While I hate to quote a famous meme (even though it's a good meme admittedly), as Shia Labeouf once said, "Just do it. Don't let your dreams just be dreams."

Offline Leah | Patient

• Harassment Squad
  • Soldier
  • Tank
  • Friends don't lie.
  • Awards Beware The Parry Award! - from ur mom. For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Epicosaurus congrats you've wasted 10 hours of your life - from Yugioh77 Happy Birthday! - from Joji For being loveable - from Yugioh77 sad - from konnichiha For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from J0ji Forever Alone - from Epicosaurus
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2018, 12:47 PM »
"We're all stories in the end, just make it a good one"
I'm always halfway happy
|
|
Photographer
|
Upside/Down
|
|
Be(lie)ve

Offline Leah | Patient

• Harassment Squad
  • Soldier
  • Tank
  • Friends don't lie.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2018, 01:03 PM »
"Pain is a gift. Without the capacity for pain we can't feel the hurt we inflict"
I'm always halfway happy
|
|
Photographer
|
Upside/Down
|
|
Be(lie)ve

Offline Dormin

• Iridocyclitis
  • Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • that’s the stuff that really butters my eggroll
  • Awards No disintegrations - from Spookie ;) Beware The Parry Award! - from ur mom. I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Probe For being voted as the member of the month - from Jmc10 A vampire killing machine. 2015 - from General Death Voted best member of October 2015 - from Spookie ;) For being a big help to the staff - from Spookie ;)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2018, 06:23 PM »
ah Sweden, this is why we love you man. honestly I don't think I've ever come across as well-meaning as you, you're such a sweet guy and always ready to jump to helping as many people as you possibly can and improving all of our lives. keep hold of that. that mentality of yours will get you far mate.

in any case, here i go with mine:
"You learn from your mistakes, but if you regret them you'll never be able to fight; you'll never believe in yourself, you'll never believe in the people around you. So I have no regrets." -Benjamin Knack

« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 06:28 PM by Dormin »

art creds to shibuvsvinayak

Offline xheadhunterx

• Magnet
  • So, Forums Much?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2018, 07:49 PM »

''The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.''

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Swedenplatformge

• Tank
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2018, 07:43 PM »
ah Sweden, this is why we love you man. honestly I don't think I've ever come across as well-meaning as you, you're such a sweet guy and always ready to jump to helping as many people as you possibly can and improving all of our lives. keep hold of that. that mentality of yours will get you far mate.

Sorry for the late response.

Thanks for your support fam and for those words of wisdom! Honestly, I've thought of becoming a motivational speaker of some sort.. I think I could definitely find true passion there as well as happiness.

As helping others truly gives me joy. And I think that applies to everyone. Because humans by nature, are civil beings.

Anyhow, it's simply my pleasure to help. No biggie really. But what truly puts a smile on my face is to see you guys grow as people from my threads :))

Offline Swedenplatformge

• Tank
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2018, 07:46 PM »

''The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.''

Yeah.. so in the simple definition: some progress is better than nothing.. It's better to simply just start. how do you achieve something big? By doing something.. Just splodeing do it.. like literally.

No overanalyzation.. just do it. Most of the success have you just doing the basics first, get an insight from that.. And then you can start moving those big mountains over time. As long as you keep moving stones in some fashion. But overdoing it ofc isn't good because that will make you hit a wall..

We need breaks and to procrastinate in the middle when we feel like it; to keep our sanity. While later getting back on foot again once our human spirit is back in-game again!

Offline Swedenplatformge

• Tank
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2018, 07:51 PM »
"You learn from your mistakes, but if you regret them you'll never be able to fight; you'll never believe in yourself, you'll never believe in the people around you. So I have no regrets." -Benjamin Knack

Yeah. I find that the best favor you can do to yourself is make a journal. Via that journal you picture the clear goal and vision of your life; with where you want it to be heading. And everyday you write on that journal with that vision in mind.. And see through your daily routines and thoughts that you write down with how they may be ineffective toward your vision..

For example, if your vision is to gain lots of muscles and be motivated to study.. Then more or less you should be pretty much 99,5% of the time; be filled with energy and urge and spend that toward that vision in mind. Instead of wasting your own time on being unmotivated, lazy or whatever... Which through your journal you will especially notice as being ineffective of reaching your goal.

So the general idea with a journal is: to keep in check with your sanity and where your life is heading. And then will change that by seeing exactly what you are doing wrong by analyzing it in full detail. All though no overanalysis is suggested.

You wanna analyze enough to see the problem in a clear; and enough of a picture for yourself. Which you related to deep inside.

Offline Leah | Patient

• Harassment Squad
  • Soldier
  • Tank
  • Friends don't lie.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2018, 04:43 AM »
"To create is divine, to reproduce is human"
I'm always halfway happy
|
|
Photographer
|
Upside/Down
|
|
Be(lie)ve

Offline chucky12

• Tank
  • IDK anymore.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2018, 09:12 AM »
"Your test assignment will vary, depending on the manner in which you have bent the world to your will." - Cave Johnson

Now, this is an interesting quote, as it's from a fictitious character who's depicted in a video game. For those of you who've never played or seen a playthrough of Portal 2, Cave Johnson is a guy who has some automated voice recordings down below a place called Aperture Labs or whatever.
So, why did I pick this quote? Well, although it's talking about test chambers, I do feel that this quote can apply to a lot of things in life. I believe one meaning that can be drawn from this quote is that you shouldn't let the world get you down. People will be Splodes, they'll try to walk all over you. They may hurt you and whatnot. But, you shouldn't let that discourage you from achieving your dreams. Go out there and achieve your dreams. Don't let the world get you down.

Offline Leah | Patient

• Harassment Squad
  • Soldier
  • Tank
  • Friends don't lie.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2018, 09:38 AM »
"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens"

I'm not analysing anything I post, I'm leaving it open for anyone to interpret 
I'm always halfway happy
|
|
Photographer
|
Upside/Down
|
|
Be(lie)ve

Offline Swedenplatformge

• Tank
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2018, 02:01 PM »
"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens"

I'm not analysing anything I post, I'm leaving it open for anyone to interpret

That's cool, tbh.

I would thank all your quotes sharing if I could.. since that's what I'm supposed to do. But apparently, you (or at least I) no longer can thank more than one post of a person for a good while. After to have thanked that person that is.

Tags: