collapse

Stories Untold

Author Topic: Moderator Recruitment Archive  (Read 197 times)

Offline Shady/Melinda

• Suicidal Mystic
  • [Punishment] Banned
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • Sultan of Sploder
  • Awards For having an eye for good games - from KNI You've earned three features! Nice job! - from benisawesome7 :D For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Epicosaurus For contributing to the Records board, can be earned for the most miniscule task - from b i g b o y For being a part of the jury in the 2017 3rd Music Contest. Thank you for your h - from Joji Granted to users who provide a solid description for a Hall of Fame inductee - from Joji Happy Birthday! - from Yugioh77 For entering Jayk's soundcloud contest - from J0ji
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Moderator Recruitment Archive
« on: March 04, 2018, 01:54 AM »
Sadly, there isn't an order  ::-[: but I will try to log everything here. PM me if you have anything to add!
In my mind, I seek nothing but letting go
In my soul, everything is so cold
But in my heart, I just don't know

Offline Shady/Melinda

• Suicidal Mystic
  • [Punishment] Banned
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • Sultan of Sploder
  • Awards For having an eye for good games - from KNI You've earned three features! Nice job! - from benisawesome7 :D For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Epicosaurus For contributing to the Records board, can be earned for the most miniscule task - from b i g b o y For being a part of the jury in the 2017 3rd Music Contest. Thank you for your h - from Joji Granted to users who provide a solid description for a Hall of Fame inductee - from Joji Happy Birthday! - from Yugioh77 For entering Jayk's soundcloud contest - from J0ji
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Moderator Recruitment Archive
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 01:57 AM »
Late 2017 Moderator Recruitment - Alon

Defunct, please see whatever thread is fused and has "Moderator" in the title for more details. Probably will be branded with someone's name. I have no clue when you're reading this certainly not in 2017.

May or may not be temporary. Only one round of applicants is guaranteed.

So the old mod recruitment was convoluted and never really lived up to what I was thinking for it. While Liam and I work out what's gonna happen as far as future mod recruitment goes, I figured I'd get something else going (something I was going to do back in August...but never got around to!) and maybe pick up a couple of moderators.

To apply, post here. Most applicants probably won't be sent the test, though. Also, if you've posted recently and your post was deleted, please wait a while before posting again.

Getting test next Sat:
  - Sticki
  - Vaxen2
  - Kingtrent333
  - Prince
  - Goldoptimus
  - Articuno
  - ksfhksjdsajdfqjdfa

Offline Shady/Melinda

• Suicidal Mystic
  • [Punishment] Banned
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • Sultan of Sploder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2018, 01:57 AM »
2017 Moderator Recruitment - Alon

Defunct, please see whatever thread is fused and has "Moderator" in the title for more details. Probably will be branded with someone's name. I have no clue when you're reading this certainly not in 2017.

If you're interested in becoming a moderator,
  1. go to your Group Memberships page
  2. apply for the [MSS Applications] Moderator group
  3. expect disappointment

If you're interested in helping with the system,
  1. PM me
  2. expect disappointment

~Currently not accepting new applicants, although you may still apply and your app will be looked to soon enough.~

Offline Shady/Melinda

• Suicidal Mystic
  • [Punishment] Banned
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • Sultan of Sploder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2018, 01:58 AM »
Alon's Moderator Recruitment 2017 (Closed) - Alon

The Moderator Recruitment

Greetings, fine user! Do you feel you have too many bullets and not enough---wait, wrong thing. Do you have too much time and not enough respect on a site intended for minors? Maybe becoming a main site moderator (MSM) will help you fix that.
  The process is long, harrowing, and full of dark and dangerous trials. First you'll need to get the initial test PM'd to you by one of our fine recruiters. If you get a decent score on that, you'll advance to the next stages:
  - #1: Demonstrate your prowess in the arts of moderation by acting as a moderator on a separate forum for a while
  - #2: Prove yourself by hunting a gaggle of ferocious, wild rulebreakers from the depths of the mainsite
  - #3: Describe the fate you would give to these strange and savage creatures
  - #4: Pass a vote held in the depths of Sploder PMs by the Grand Council of Moderators
  - #5: Complete a quarterly-long trial period as a moderator (you'll likely keep your badge forever even if you fail because Geoff)
  - #6: Know your fate

Questions may be posted here.

Offline Shady/Melinda

• Suicidal Mystic
  • [Punishment] Banned
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • Sultan of Sploder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2018, 02:00 AM »
《Closed》Moola's Magical Mainsite Moderator Matriculation 《Closed》 - Moolatycoon

HELLO FRIENDS!

As you've noticed, the moderator recruitment center has been down for a little while, because I've been laboring hard on this system (or being a lazy splode),
SO this system will be very similar to how I ran things a little while ago.

Essentially, you will come to us in this thread and fill out the following application

Mainsite Username:
How long you've been on the Mainsite:
Why you want to be a Moderator:

Simple, right? If a recruiter sees promise in you they will then thank your post and send you a private message containing the test (likely it will be a google doc forum). You will tell your recruiter when you have finished and they will score it. Regardless of your score you will be put into voting. If you do exceptionally well, you will get pre-votes in your favor.
100% = 3 Vote Head Start
90%+ = 2 Vote Head Start
80%+ = 1 Vote Head Start
79%- = No Additional Votes
So nail the test and the chances of you being promoted will increase. Voting will take place in a pm at the end of the month among the recruiters. I will make sure to update this thread with the different voting periods, and who passed and who failed voting at the end. You need a 70% voting average or greater to become a moderator. Though high scores on the test help greatly with this it does not guarantee you anything, and visa versa (though again it is likely the outcome of your test will be the outcome of your voting). You are allowed to ask questions but if you make unnecessary posts they will likely be deleted.
ALSO THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT. IF YOU APPLY, YOU HAVE TO WAIT 2 PAGES BEFORE YOU CAN REAPPLY. SO IT GOES LIKE
(PAGE YOU CAN APPLY ON) -> (DONT APPLY ON THIS PAGE) -> (YOU CAN NOW!)
FAILURE TO READ WILL REDUCE YOUR CHANCES OF BEING SELECTED. REPEATED INABILITY TO READ PROPERLY WILL RESULT IN BANISHMENT. DON'T GET BANNED, ITS NOT THAT HARD.

Recruiters
-------------
Moolatycoon
EpicO
Jmc10
Gaminator
HeevyTruth
Matty
Lordeldar
Joey

Voting Period 1 (October 19th-October 31st)
[8/8 Votes] Liammead [70/100]
[0/8 Votes] Blurry [72/100]
[3/8 Votes] Princehades [86/100]
[5/8 Votes] MeowMeowFurryCat [83/100]
[1/8 Votes] Canyoumakeit13 [56/100]
Voting Period 2 (November 1st - November 30th)
[0/8 Votes] YourBeingWatched [70/100]
Voting Period 3 (December 1st - December 31st)

Offline Shady/Melinda

• Suicidal Mystic
  • [Punishment] Banned
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • Sultan of Sploder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2018, 02:01 AM »
Sploder Moderator Recruitment Force - Superluigi77

Sploder Moderator Recruitment Force

"Recruiting only the best and the brightest to serve our people" - SMRF Founder Ben I. Aewsome, D.F.A.

The Sploder Moderator Recruitment Force works tirelessly to find those diamonds-in-the-rough among you who will best serve and protect our humble corner of cyberspace. They are diligent, abundantly observant, and most importantly they are extremely zealous about what they do.

The Job of a SMRF Operative

To seek out the best of the best to serve amongst their ranks. When they find somebody who is worthy they administer the top secret exam to determine their applicant's worthiness. If the applicant passes the exam they will be voted on by all moderators and SMRF Operatives. If the applicant can get a majority of votes he will be welcomed warmly into our ranks.

How SMRF Operatives Select Their Applicants

SMRF Operatives are directed to be as objective as possible in their decision making. They are not to be influenced by personal relationships. Reward users for showing maturity, responsibility and for helping the moderators. Actively contributing to the MS Ban/Warning Requesting thread should also be rewarded.

What Moderator Hopefuls Should Not Do

Do not ask for the exam. When you are ready 'twill be given unto you and not a moment sooner.
Do not try to apply using the old application format. That will no longer be accepted.
SMRF Operatives will not recruit users who frequently cause trouble on the Main Site or Forum.
Never, Ever, ask to be promoted. You must earn it.
Founder & Director of SMRF Operations
Dr. Ben I. Aewsome, Esq. (Benisaewsome)

VP of Recruiting Practices
Sir. M. Moneybags III (Moolatycoon)

VP of Public Relations
S. Luigi Q. LuckyNumbers, Mos Def (Yours Truly)

SMRF Operatives
Youngcaliman
Jackjoshseb
Boredgame
Myownself
Liamnight
Casper11

Tags: