collapse

Stories Untold

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Top Ten Games of all time?  (Read 1287 times)

Offline Moolatycoon

• [Effort.]
  • War Veteran
  • Electropede
  • makin so much moola your eyes hurt
  • Awards An award to all your great help, War Veteran - from Joji Happy Birthday! - from sto4 For reaching the rank 'General' - from liamnight Nothing will stop this user from making great platformer games - from YoungCaliman You ain't got nuthin' on me. - from Mechanism G A classic award for extraordinary feats. - from YoungCaliman A classic award for those who gave it their best. - from Superluigi77 A classic award reserved for only the most outstanding of feats. - from liamnight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Top Ten Games of all time?
« on: January 11, 2018, 09:15 PM »
Here's my list, post yours too.

Honorable Mentions: Spryo 2: Ripto's Rage, Crash Bandicoot 2, Paper Mario, Super Smash Bros U, Kirby's Return to Dreamland, Luigi's Mansion

10 - Paper Mario & The Thousand Year Door
9 - Pokemon Emerald
8 - Super Mario Galaxy 1/2
7 - Pokemon Platinum
6 - The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
5 - The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (HD)
4 - Shadow of the Colossus
3 - Okami
2 - Xenoblade Chronicles
1 - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Online sticki

• [T4] Five Finger Posse
  • Disruptor
  • Awards Awarded to those who consistently and prominently advertise the site! - from liamnight Granted to users who provide a solid description for a Hall of Fame inductee - from Joji You've earned three features! Nice job! - from Yugioh77 For entering Jayk's soundcloud contest - from konnichiha Highly prized and rare! - from Epicosaurus For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Epicosaurus For making inspiring physic puzzle maker games - from Epicosaurus Award given for being an alt. (You don't want this!) - from Jammyt2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Top Ten Games of all time?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 09:31 PM »
Not an avid gamer so my knowledge of games isn't as expansive especially now more than ever, but in no particular order here are some games that I've enjoyed more than others

1. Earthbound
2. Need for Madness
3. Minesweeper
4. Touhou 6 (subject to change, just started playing it today)
6. Pogo Bowl
7. Super Metroid
8. LoZ: Link to the Past
9. SMW
10. Tetris

Offline FuzTheHamster

• [T4] Team Communist Uganda Knuckles
  • Reverser
  • Hi?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 09:40 PM »
I don't have a switch, but BOTW is that good huh?

I haven't played too many games, as I don't have any of the modern consoles really. Just some old Nintendo ones. I really love Donkey Kong Country though, that might be my favorite game.
what

Online sticki

• [T4] Five Finger Posse
  • Disruptor
  • Awards Awarded to those who consistently and prominently advertise the site! - from liamnight Granted to users who provide a solid description for a Hall of Fame inductee - from Joji You've earned three features! Nice job! - from Yugioh77 For entering Jayk's soundcloud contest - from konnichiha Highly prized and rare! - from Epicosaurus For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Epicosaurus For making inspiring physic puzzle maker games - from Epicosaurus Award given for being an alt. (You don't want this!) - from Jammyt2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 09:44 PM »
Also I see you have Pokemon Emerald on your top 10, let me make it clear that Gen 1 and 2 are superior to the rest.

Offline FuzTheHamster

• Reverser
  • Hi?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 09:50 PM »
Also I see you have Pokemon Emerald on your top 10, let me make it clear that Gen 1 and 2 are superior to the rest.
The Johto games are great.
what

Offline Tritertitan

• The cool guy
  • Mainsite Office Employee
  • Reverser
  • Whoever is slobbering their knob; stop, thanks
  • Awards For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from liamnight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 09:53 PM »
I always thought shadow of the collosuss was kinda overrated but good list.

Online goldoptimus

• [T4] MURDERPOSSE
  • Guard
  • Get up off the pavement brush the dirt up off my psyche
  • Awards For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Joji For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Jmc10 For participating in Sploderians Of The Storm. - from konnichiha For entering Jayk's soundcloud contest - from konnichiha For being a big help to the staff - from Epicosaurus For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Lt. Ripto Happy Birthday! - from Cortez250
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 09:58 PM »
Chrono trigger, earthbound, mother 3, breath of the wild, MGSV: The phantom pain, super mario 64 just off the top of my head

Offline Tritertitan

• The cool guy
  • Reverser
  • Awards For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from liamnight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2018, 10:02 PM »
Kingdom hearts 2, Prince of persia: the two towers, overwatch, smash melee, final fantasy 4, Chrono trigger, oddworld abes oddysey etc.

Online LIAM WILL

• [Staff] General
  • Bugmeister
  • Awards For being voted as the staff of the month - from Jmc10 For having an eye for good games - from Yugioh77 An award to all your great help, War Veteran - from Epicosaurus Voted best forum staff of July 2015. - from Liamnight!(• ◡•) Eat butter. Love butter. Butter is life. - from liamnight A member with this award now has a liamnight pony. Feed him fried peanut butter, - from liamnight For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Hivetyrantofawesome For reaching the rank 'General' - from Hivetyrantofawesome
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2018, 10:04 PM »
TBA
FOLLOW ME ON IG @LIAM.WILL.INSTA

Offline b i g b o y

• b i g b o y
  • [T4] Fish
  • Koptr
  • The resident buttmonkey
  • Awards For the b i g b o y s  - from a v e r a g e b o y For reaching the rank 'General' - from konnichiha For being loveable - from Yugioh77 Award bestowed upon members inducted into the forum Hall of Fame - from konnichiha Happy Birthday! - from Spookie ;) An Award for Ben - from Omega You make up a part of the Elite 4.  - from Hivetyrantofawesome doth thou feel high and mighty enough yet? - from Budz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2018, 10:04 PM »
In no particular order

Paper Mario TTYD
Borderlands 2
Red Dead Redemption
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007
Mass Effect 2
Assassin’s Creed Black Flag
Dragon Age Origins
Okami
Yoshi’s Island
Super Mario Galaxy 1&2

Offline pepperedSteak

• Joji was here
  • [T4] MURDERPOSSE
  • Reverser
  • I<>I<>I<>I<>I<>I<>I<>I<>I<>I<>I<>I<>I
  • Awards For being voted as the member of the month - from Joji For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Jmc10 For achieving over 1000 thanks, well done! - from Joji For participating in Sploderians Of The Storm. - from konnichiha For participating in the Volare Challenge - from konnichiha For entering Jayk's soundcloud contest - from konnichiha For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Epicosaurus Eat butter. Love butter. Butter is life. - from J0ji
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2018, 10:05 PM »
From least to best...

10. Pac Man World 2
9. Chrono Trigger
8. Undertale
7. Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen
6. Kirby Super Star Ultra
5. Super Mario 64 DS
4. Pokemon Emerald
3. Mother 2 (Earthbound)
2. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
1. Mother 3

Offline benisaewsome

• Soldier
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • Awards For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Hivetyrantofawesome For reaching the rank 'Lieutenant', quite an accomplishment there - from liamnight For being a good staff member - from anonymous
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2018, 10:05 PM »
This isn't a comprehensive list since there are a lot of games I still haven't played but it's the best I got. The order of the top five is pretty irrelevant, any one of them could be number one as far as I'm concerned

1. Final Fantasy 6
2. Mother 3
3. Final Fantasy 7
4. Earthbound
5. Chrono Trigger
6. Chrono Cross
7. Xenogears
8. Zelda Ocarina of Time
9. Super Metroid
10. Undertale

Offline Joey

• The anime god
  • [T4] WeebPower ☆ Multi Personality Disorder Bring Out Brothers
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • Kicking names and taking ass
  • Awards For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from splatter You won the Becoming a Soldier gameshow! - from Epicosaurus For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Jmc10  - from Omega Merry Christmas Joey! ~Matty - from Matty may 23 - from TIMMY Forever Alone - from swallowthesun For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Timmy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2018, 10:06 PM »
1 - Xenoblade Chronicles
2 - Xenoblade Chronicles 2

rest is very hard to decide I would have to think for a while
Kicking names and taking ass

Online sticki

• [T4] Five Finger Posse
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2018, 10:06 PM »
I see many people listing Chrono Trigger and I feel bad because I traded my DS copy of the game for lunch money since I was a stupid kid that didn't understand the significance of the game..

Offline Tritertitan

• The cool guy
  • Reverser
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2018, 10:07 PM »
O and ratchet and clank up your splodenal

what

Online LIAM WILL

• [Staff] General
  • Bugmeister
  • Awards For being voted as the staff of the month - from Jmc10 For having an eye for good games - from Yugioh77 An award to all your great help, War Veteran - from Epicosaurus Voted best forum staff of July 2015. - from Liamnight!(• ◡•) Eat butter. Love butter. Butter is life. - from liamnight A member with this award now has a liamnight pony. Feed him fried peanut butter, - from liamnight For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Hivetyrantofawesome For reaching the rank 'General' - from Hivetyrantofawesome
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2018, 10:08 PM »
1. club penguin

amiriteeee

Offline Tritertitan

• The cool guy
  • Reverser
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2018, 10:09 PM »
1. club penguin

amiriteeee
shut up Liam ur like 5

Offline FuzTheHamster

• Reverser
  • Hi?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2018, 10:11 PM »
I see many people listing Chrono Trigger and I feel bad because I traded my DS copy of the game for lunch money since I was a stupid kid that didn't understand the significance of the game..
Rest in peace man... But yeah, I just watched a review on it and I'm considering getting it. I found it being sold for $20 on ebay (for snes). Would anyone recommend me buying it? 
what

Offline Joey

• The anime god
  • [T4] WeebPower ☆ Multi Personality Disorder Bring Out Brothers
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • Kicking names and taking ass
  • Awards For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from splatter You won the Becoming a Soldier gameshow! - from Epicosaurus For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Jmc10  - from Omega Merry Christmas Joey! ~Matty - from Matty may 23 - from TIMMY Forever Alone - from swallowthesun For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Timmy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2018, 10:14 PM »
Ok here's my full list:

1 - Xenoblade Chronicles
2 - Xenoblade Chronicles 2
3 - Breath of the Wild
4 - Pokemon Emerald
5 - Ocarina of Time
6 - FE series, most of them atleast. Not actually sure which to put on here.
7 - Nier Automata
8 - Wind Waker
9 - Paper Mario (Original and TTYD)
10 - Mario Odyssey

Ahhh so many that I've enjoyed, I'm certainty forgetting some games. It's so painful, the amount of RPGs I've played is way to high. Some of these games I've played more recently too, so I have a fresher outlook which probably puts them higher than they should be. Xenoblade and Xenoblade 2 are undisputed.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 11:46 PM by Joey »
Kicking names and taking ass

Offline Master

• EveryBody's Favorite
  • Disruptor
  • :8-/
  • Awards You've earned five features! Nice job! - from Mikano You've earned three features! Nice job! - from konnichiha For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Ripto Voted weirdest member of 2014 - from Spookie For being a good forum member - from Myown For leaving great comments - from Moolatycoon For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Moolatycoon For trying your very best! - from Spookie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2018, 10:15 PM »
Nostalgic and Honorable Mentions: Tony Hawk Games, guitar hero games, Mario Kart WII, Smash 4, Pac-Man, Wii Sports Resort, MineCraft, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Galaxy 2, The Croc series, Super Smash Bros 64/ DS, SpiderMan 2 ps2, Crash Team Racing, Crash Bandicoot 2, Kirby 3

10. Super Mario World
9. Star Wars Battle Front 2 ps2
8. DMC series
7. Tetris
6. Sonic The Hedgehog 2
5. Super Paper Mario
4. All the Pokémon games
3. The Spyro Trilogy
2. Sonic Adventure 2/battle
1. Super Smash Bros Meelee

Online LIAM WILL

• [Staff] General
  • Bugmeister
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2018, 10:16 PM »

Online sticki

• [T4] Five Finger Posse
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2018, 10:17 PM »
Rest in peace man... But yeah, I just watched a review on it and I'm considering getting it. I found it being sold for $20 on ebay (for snes). Would anyone recommend me buying it? 
There's no way in hell link me to the listing

Offline FuzTheHamster

• Reverser
  • Hi?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2018, 10:24 PM »
There's no way in hell link me to the listing
I just looked at it again. Apparently it only saves on something called a retron 5. I'm not sure, you take a look:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrono-Trigger-REPRODUCTION-Cart-Super-Nintendo-1995-SNES/273011644810?epid=214710372&hash=item3f90c3198a:g:zgcAAOSwvTpaTWas
what

Offline Master

• EveryBody's Favorite
  • Disruptor
  • :8-/
  • Awards You've earned five features! Nice job! - from Mikano You've earned three features! Nice job! - from konnichiha For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Ripto Voted weirdest member of 2014 - from Spookie For being a good forum member - from Myown For leaving great comments - from Moolatycoon For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Moolatycoon For trying your very best! - from Spookie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2018, 10:25 PM »
I just looked at it again. Apparently it only saves on something called a retron 5. I'm not sure, you take a look:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrono-Trigger-REPRODUCTION-Cart-Super-Nintendo-1995-SNES/273011644810?epid=214710372&hash=item3f90c3198a:g:zgcAAOSwvTpaTWas
Retron 5 is a console that basically plays classic games.

Online sticki

• [T4] Five Finger Posse
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2018, 10:26 PM »

The link even says that's a repro, stay away from it. Bootlegs will get ya

Offline FuzTheHamster

• Reverser
  • Hi?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2018, 10:28 PM »
The link even says that's a repro, stay away from it. Bootlegs will get ya
Oooh, I see. The other listings are selling it for an insane price... The DS version seems to cost less though
what

Offline benisaewsome

• Soldier
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • Awards For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Hivetyrantofawesome For reaching the rank 'Lieutenant', quite an accomplishment there - from liamnight For being a good staff member - from anonymous
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2018, 12:22 AM »
I bought an original copy of chrono trigger on snes way back when it wasn't so expensive and there is something more significant to me being able to play it on the original hardware, but I would recommend it even on ds if you can get your hands on it

Offline FuzTheHamster

• Reverser
  • Hi?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2018, 12:25 AM »
I bought an original copy of chrono trigger on snes way back when it wasn't so expensive and there is something more significant to me being able to play it on the original hardware, but I would recommend it even on ds if you can get your hands on it
Alright, I have a decent amount of money saved up so buying the DS version shouldn't take a huge chunk out of my earnings.
what

Offline Moolatycoon

• [Effort.]
  • War Veteran
  • Electropede
  • makin so much moola your eyes hurt
  • Awards An award to all your great help, War Veteran - from Joji Happy Birthday! - from sto4 For reaching the rank 'General' - from liamnight Nothing will stop this user from making great platformer games - from YoungCaliman You ain't got nuthin' on me. - from Mechanism G A classic award for extraordinary feats. - from YoungCaliman A classic award for those who gave it their best. - from Superluigi77 A classic award reserved for only the most outstanding of feats. - from liamnight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2018, 01:09 AM »

Wrong. Gen 1 is overrated, Gen 2 is cool until you play through it and realize everything is under leveled and its just frustrating to progress.

10. Pac Man World 2

Respect.
I liked the first Pac Man World better though.

The Croc series

I remember loving these games as a kid but revisiting it, the control scheme is just terrible.

This isn't a comprehensive list since there are a lot of games I still haven't played but it's the best I got. The order of the top five is pretty irrelevant, any one of them could be number one as far as I'm concerned

1. Final Fantasy 6
2. Mother 3
3. Final Fantasy 7
4. Earthbound
5. Chrono Trigger
6. Chrono Cross
7. Xenogears
8. Zelda Ocarina of Time
9. Super Metroid
10. Undertale

I could never get into those old JRPGs, I wish I did. Chronotrigger looks like a good game but I can't get myself to play it. I tried Final Fantasy VI and got stuck at an octopus boss before just kind of giving up, but I was a lot younger then so I might revisit it if I get the chance. Never tried the Earthbound games either.

Offline benisaewsome

• Soldier
  • Heavy Cruiser
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2018, 01:34 AM »
Earthbound was the first one to get me into the genre when I was about 12 or 13 but to tell you the truth it took me some time to warm up to and I'm not sure how much I would have liked them as a young kid either. The gameplay can sometimes be a little less stimulating than more action oriented games, but their design offers opportunities for depth of character, atmosphere, and music unique to the genre, and if that sounds like something you'd like then chrono trigger or earthbound I think are good places to start

Tags: