collapse

Stories Untold

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GOTY RESULTS PT. 1/2 (Best plat, shooter, PPG, algo, arcade)  (Read 323 times)

Offline LIAM WILL

• [Staff] General
  • Bugmeister
  • Awards For being voted as the staff of the month - from Jmc10 For having an eye for good games - from Yugioh77 An award to all your great help, War Veteran - from Epicosaurus Voted best forum staff of July 2015. - from Liamnight!(• ◡•) Eat butter. Love butter. Butter is life. - from liamnight A member with this award now has a liamnight pony. Feed him fried peanut butter, - from liamnight For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Hivetyrantofawesome For reaching the rank 'General' - from Hivetyrantofawesome
    • View Profile
    • Awards
GOTY 2017.
PLAT CATEGORY.

FIRST PLACE.

SONIC BOOM RISE OF LYRIC BY SWEDENPLATFORMGE.

Each level has something to add to it. For the most part it is sort of good. The game utilizes switches and bouncers for the most part. Which they do play a role in the platforming quite a bit. It also utilizes the grapple for some parts and the power glove for wheels to like hit a switch or something at some points. All these are somewhat good in the game, though for the most part do not last. Though most of the game you are going through multiple paths looking for switches and getting to the end. The game is rather straightforward. This game is great to play on your free time. It is a simple game to play. It sure doesn't top the more advanced games. Though the game is great to play if you have spare time. - master106

SECOND PLACE.

SHERLOCK BONES 3 PART II BY BLACKHOLE2.

You, the famous detective, went back to your world, called Pretoria to take a breathe after the long work. But the mysteries won't let you to do this...A house was completely burned up by someone...You have to reveal the truth about this, but during you do this, another house is burned up. You have to go across the town, ask everybody, and sometimes you can help others (as a non-storyline quest) - blackhole2

THIRD PLACE.

THE VENGEANCE BY MAT7772.

That is the highest I’ve ever given in a review, so dang it must be good! The Vengeance is an amazing addition to the sploder game library and I thank Mat7772 for being such a good game developer and giving us this game to enjoy and play. This game deserves it’s feature, the first place overall EGD, and dare I say even a place in the EGL? - tbremise
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 08:14 AM by LIAM WILL »
FOLLOW ME ON IG @LIAM.WILL.INSTA

Offline LIAM WILL

• [Staff] General
  • Bugmeister
  • Awards For being voted as the staff of the month - from Jmc10 For having an eye for good games - from Yugioh77 An award to all your great help, War Veteran - from Epicosaurus Voted best forum staff of July 2015. - from Liamnight!(• ◡•) Eat butter. Love butter. Butter is life. - from liamnight A member with this award now has a liamnight pony. Feed him fried peanut butter, - from liamnight For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Hivetyrantofawesome For reaching the rank 'General' - from Hivetyrantofawesome
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: GOTY RESULTS PT. 1/2 (Best plat, shooter, PPG, algo, arcade)
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 07:14 AM »
GOTY 2017.
SHOOTER CATEGORY.

FIRST PLACE.

PRIATES OF DILI BY KINGOFFANGDAMS & FIREPINCH.

I haven't gotten far in this, but this Shooter is awesome! I believe it will be in EGL! [:;D:]- makever

SECOND PLACE.

ESCAPE: PUZZLE BY SHADOQ.

That being said, I absolutely support giving players exposure to games that require more of them. This is far from the toughest puzzle game – in fact, I think it’s perfectly balanced to give every player a solid chance of success while still demanding they try hard at it. It’s a great puzzle game that’s easy to admire but difficult to complete, especially for those not familiar with typical puzzle game tropes. But the classic joy of Sploder shooter puzzles is unbeatable, and lives on today as it did when I first started on Sploder, thanks to creators like Shadoq, who’s future works I am very much looking forward to. - hirakula

THIRD PLACE.

ROUGH ROCKS BY ARTICUNO360.

Rough Rocks is pretty good. It has some beautiful visuals with some pretty well down gameplay, and a great atmosphere to it. If I was asked if it was feature worthy, I would have to think pretty carefully before I answered. Generally I say that a feature worthy game needs good gameplay, scenery and level design; it fails in the last bracket, but you know, the rest of it is just so good that I think I'll overlook that and say that yes it is feature worthy. Articuno, you clearly have a lot of skill, and I look forward to your future games. I would also be interested in a collab project... I don't suppose you're interested? - beast4321
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 09:58 PM by LIAM WILL »

Offline LIAM WILL

• [Staff] General
  • Bugmeister
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 07:15 AM »
GOTY 2017.
PPG CATEGORY.

FIRST PLACE.

HEXAGON WORLD BY YELLOWWAFFLE.

Well based off my ratings, this game borders on excellency (literally a 4.0 is excellent). Compared to its predecessor, this game is just a massive step up in what Waffle has been able to accomplish, and I think this is where Waffle is going to be given a little more attention in the future if he continues to produce this level quality of game. As far as EGD goes, there is some tough competition this year, but I can see it as a Top 10 Finish at least just based on all of the effort that is clearly put into this game. Great work Waffle, I expect greater things from you to come. Play this game at least once if you haven't already. - moolatycoon

SECOND PLACE.

NEO BY LAVALINN.

Yess, featured! Great job, it deserves it! :D - fuzthehamster

THIRD PLACE.

SOKOBAN BY SPLATTER.

nice ideas. The levels are well designed - mat7772

Offline LIAM WILL

• [Staff] General
  • Bugmeister
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 07:16 AM »
GOTY 2017.
ALGO CATEGORY.

FIRST PLACE.

FELO DE SE SCI BY MAKEVER.

This is awesome. The game is very user friendly and fun, and the puzzles were interesting but not too hard, which is nice. Also, the ending was insane! I'm not gonna spoil it for everyone else obviously haha, but it got pretty interesting and a bit crazy. And the reason I took so long is because I read EVERYTHING, and took my time in general. Good job Makever, you're awesome bud.  - fuzthehamster

Offline LIAM WILL

• [Staff] General
  • Bugmeister
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 07:16 AM »
GOTY 2017.
ARCADE CATEGORY.

FIRST PLACE.

KILLING AN IMMORTAL BY LORDELDAR.

In conclusion, Killing An Immortal is a feature worthy game made by lordeldar, which I am almost certain will get featured for EGD, and I think would even be feature worthy if it wasn't for EGD. This is because this arcade game is action packed, provides a fair amount of challenge and has some original enemy sequences and boss battles implemented into it. For me, I don't think it will win EGD as I don't think it has enough of a 'WOW' factor to it, but I think it provides strong competition for the arcade category and may push for a top 5 place overall. - creatingames

Offline LIAM WILL

• [Staff] General
  • Bugmeister
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 07:18 AM »
GOTY 2017.
IT CONTINUES.

OVERALL GAME ANNOUNCEMENT SOON.

GET HYPED.

GET HYPED.

GET HYPED.

Offline LIAM WILL

• [Staff] General
  • Bugmeister
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 07:19 AM »
Congrats to all. Prizes will be out soon.

Offline LIAM WILL

• [Staff] General
  • Bugmeister
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2018, 07:27 AM »
if anyone can find better quotes for some of the results plz let me know hahah anyway gn all

Offline Matty

• Your Second-in-Command
  • [Staff] General
  • Bugmeister
  • Yeah, it's me
  • Awards For participating in the Volare Challenge - from Kaynichiha You placed first in the Weekly Weekend Contest! WOW - from konnichiha For having an eye for good games - from Yugioh77 This is a regular gold award that was brought up in a rough neighborhood. - from konnichiha Award bestowed upon members inducted into the forum Hall of Fame - from Epicosaurus For placing 1st in the shooter category for EGD 9! - from Matty ;) For placing 4th-10th in the overall category for EGD 9! - from Matty ;) For placing in the top 11 of the Public's Vote category for EGD 9! - from Matty ;)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2018, 07:36 AM »
well done everyone :)
Play some of my games
Witch Chaos ft. Lordeldar
The Vengeance

Offline Lordeldar

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • Awards For having an eye for good games - from Yugioh77 For placing 4th-10th in the overall category for EGD 9! - from Matty ;) Winner in the Annual Music Contest 2015 - from Spookie Voted best lieutenant of 2014 - from Spookie Survived Freddy Krueger 2014 - from General Death No disintegrations - from General Death Woah, you have earned 20 features. Someone is an expert.  - from lordeldar For being a good forum member - from Princess Matty
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2018, 07:42 AM »
Thanks I guess ::)):

Achievements:
44 features (47 including collabs)
MSM
Reviewer
Editor
Soldier (Ex-Lt)
140,000+ Views
Voted best Private 2011
Voted best MSM 2012 and 2013
Voted best Lieutenant 2014

Offline Startrek

• The Humble Asian
  • [T4] #MakeSploderGreatAgain
  • Electropede
  • Ohey. :)
  • Awards For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Lt. Ripto You've earned ten features! Nice job! - from not knni For winning any of the Sploderheads weekly competition. - from Mikano
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2018, 07:49 AM »
Congrats everyone! :D
Hopefully there's more competition this year.

Registered - 12 August 2009
Reviewer (13 Dec 2011 - 18 Feb 2015, 8 Nov 2017 - )
Ex-Moderator (25 July 2013 - 18 Feb 2015)
Soldier (11 Sep 2014 - 29 Nov 2014, 9 January 2018 - )
14 Features

Offline a v e r a g e b o y

• {~$Money Team$~}
  • [T4] big boys + Daydream
  • Disruptor
  • Sauce it up
  • Awards For achieving over 1000 thanks, well done! - from liamnight may 23 - from Rule Forever Alone - from swallowthesun Happy Birthday! - from Lt. Death Problem? - from Parry This is a regular gold award that was brought up in a rough neighborhood. - from Ravicale's Alt For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from TheMysteriousStranger For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from lumberjay
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2018, 07:52 AM »
Congrats all!

Man now I need to make some games lol

Offline kof

• MSOE blood
  • [T4] Fish
  • Disruptor
  • blue kof
  • Awards You've earned ten features! Nice job! - from konnichiha For placing 2nd in the Collaborations category for EGD 9! - from Matty ;) For placing 2nd in the shooter category for EGD 9! - from Matty ;) For placing in the top 11 of the Public's Vote category for EGD 9! - from Matty ;) 3rd place in AGC! (ran by Roby) - from Liamnight Productions For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Jammyt2 For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Joji For being voted as the member of the month - from Joji
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2018, 08:01 AM »
woh how i get best shooter of the year thanks fellers
Kingoffangdams on the MS

credit to guezzwafflez

Offline Firepinch D:

• Valiant
  • Tank
  • https://ibb.co/n41mCR
  • Awards Forever Alone - from liamnight For being a good forum member - from Yugioh77 You've earned three features! Nice job! - from Yugioh77 For making spaceship games so outstanding, it's out of this world - from Yugioh77 sghdfh - from Epicosaurus Award given for being an alt. (You don't want this!) - from liamnight For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from liamnight You ain't got nuthin' on me. - from liamnight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2018, 08:03 AM »
Hey man, Pirates of Dili was a collab from KoF and Firepinch.

Offline LIAM WILL

• [Staff] General
  • Bugmeister
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2018, 08:04 AM »
Hey man, Pirates of Dili was a collab from KoF and Firepinch.

changes made

Offline splatter

• Soldier
  • Centipede
  • Awards For Extensive Game making Knowledge - from General Death  An award for making truly epic games - from splatter For reaching the rank 'Lieutenant', quite an accomplishment there - from General Death For having an eye for good games - from JJS You have earned a semi-rare sapphire! - from ♚ ♛ Highly prized and rare! - from Mechanism G For being a good forum member - from Moola For winning second place in a forum contest - from Netshark
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2018, 08:24 AM »
Congrats to everyone!

Offline Articuno­

• I don't do mornings
  • Mainsite Office Employee
  • Reverser
  • Do not drink and drive!
  • Awards For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Jmc10 You ain't got nuthin' on me. - from Joji You've earned five features! Nice job! - from konnichiha For participating in the Volare Challenge - from konnichiha For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Epicosaurus For winning first place in a forum contest - from Epicosaurus
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2018, 10:30 AM »
Ah glad I got 3rd although I didn't expect it since it was more of an experimental game :) congrats everyone!

ffs when you notice a typo in a PM you write but it's too late to fix kfuwbrg

Offline Firepinch D:

• Valiant
  • Tank
  • https://ibb.co/n41mCR
  • Awards Forever Alone - from liamnight For being a good forum member - from Yugioh77 You've earned three features! Nice job! - from Yugioh77 For making spaceship games so outstanding, it's out of this world - from Yugioh77 sghdfh - from Epicosaurus Award given for being an alt. (You don't want this!) - from liamnight For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from liamnight You ain't got nuthin' on me. - from liamnight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2018, 10:45 AM »
Click on the Pirates of Dili link lol

Offline shibuvsvinayak

• Guard
  • 😉
  • Awards You've earned five features! Nice job! - from not knni For making inspiring physic puzzle maker games - from Joji A classic award reserved for only the most outstanding of feats. - from konnichiha For winning the Great Alt Search 2017 - from Joji For achieving over 1000 thanks, well done! - from Joji For being a better than average member - from Epicosaurus For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from crystal You've earned three features! Nice job! - from konnichiha
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2018, 11:08 AM »
It is clearly visible that less number of people voted.

Still congrats everyone

Thanks Milestone Thread

Offline CG

• [T4] #MakeSploderGreatAgain
  • Bugmeister
  • Creatingames
  • Awards For placing 2nd in the Collaborations category for EGD 9! - from Matty ;) For placing 2nd in the shooter category for EGD 9! - from Matty ;) For placing in the top 11 of the Public's Vote category for EGD 9! - from Matty ;) You have earned 3 Features. Nice job. - from splatter You have earned 8 features, wow! - from splatter For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from JJS For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Tommy123 For being a good forum member - from Superluigi77
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2018, 11:16 AM »
Not Witch Chaos

Offline wordigirl

• [T4] The Very Named Trials Team
  • Guard
  • FromThePlanetLexicon. Have a super blessed day!
  • Awards For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Joji Happy Birthday! - from Joji
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2018, 12:34 PM »
Congrats everyone! Hopefully I can participate this year.
Have an exuberantly blessed day!!!Best Thread 2017

Offline Master

• EveryBody's Favorite
  • Mainsite Office Employee
  • Disruptor
  • :8-/
  • Awards You've earned five features! Nice job! - from Mikano You've earned three features! Nice job! - from konnichiha For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Ripto Voted weirdest member of 2014 - from Spookie For being a good forum member - from Myown For leaving great comments - from Moolatycoon For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Moolatycoon For trying your very best! - from Spookie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2018, 03:59 PM »
Didn’t expect Sweden to win best Platformer. I am quite surprised it beat the vengeance and sherlock bones 3 part 2. I personally would have gone with sherlock since that was an outstanding game in my opinion.

Online FuzTheHamster

• [T4] Team Communist Uganda Knuckles
  • Reverser
  • Hi?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2018, 04:08 PM »
Nice job everyone! also why did you use my ms comments as quotes lol
what

Offline swimmer18

• [T4] Team Communist Uganda Knuckles
  • Cruiser
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2018, 09:52 PM »
Congrats to all of the winners. These are all amazing games.

Offline LIAM WILL

• [Staff] General
  • Bugmeister
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2018, 09:57 PM »
Not Witch Chaos

For those who voted Witch Chaos was never mentioned

Offline LIAM WILL

• [Staff] General
  • Bugmeister
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2018, 09:58 PM »
Nice job everyone! also why did you use my ms comments as quotes lol

I usually used game reviews for the quotes but some games did not have any so I resorted to MS comments/compliments. I can remove it if you'd like though, it would be no problem

Offline LIAM WILL

• [Staff] General
  • Bugmeister
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2018, 09:59 PM »
Click on the Pirates of Dili link lol

Good eye. Fixed.

Offline Manga­Mixer

• Manganese
  • Soldier
  • Guard
  • Twitter: @TechnoTigzon
  • Awards For winning second place in a forum contest - from Spookie For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Probe Happy Birthday! - from konnichiha For entering Jayk's soundcloud contest - from konnichiha 3rd place, nice going! - from Spookie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2018, 05:33 AM »
Congrats, everyone!

Offline Swedenplatformge

• Tank
  • Be an artist in your own unique way and achieve
  • Awards For placing 3rd in the Collaborations category for EGD 9! - from Matty ;) For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Jmc10 For leaving great comments - from Moolatycoon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2018, 01:56 PM »
Didn’t expect Sweden to win best Platformer. I am quite surprised it beat the vengeance and sherlock bones 3 part 2. I personally would have gone with sherlock since that was an outstanding game in my opinion.

Honestly, I didn't either.. I didn't even have any idea of that this was gonna happen in the first place, lmao.

Tags: