collapse

Stories Untold

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Guide: how to tell between Chinese, Japanese, and Korean  (Read 132 times)

Online LIAM WILL

• [Staff] General
  • Bugmeister
  • Awards For contributing to the Records board, can be earned for the most miniscule task - from Daniel ឵឵឵឵ For being voted as the staff of the month - from Jmc10 For having an eye for good games - from Yugioh77 An award to all your great help, War Veteran - from Epicosaurus Voted best forum staff of July 2015. - from Liamnight!(• ◡•) Eat butter. Love butter. Butter is life. - from liamnight A member with this award now has a liamnight pony. Feed him fried peanut butter, - from liamnight For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Hivetyrantofawesome
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Guide: how to tell between Chinese, Japanese, and Korean
« on: January 08, 2018, 06:15 AM »
Chinese only has symbols with LOTS of lines
Like: 你在使用谷歌翻译吗

Japanese has some detailed symbols but also have symbols that are really simple (で,す,か...)
Like: なぜ私は空腹ですか?

Korean had a LOT of circles and straight lines
Like: 북한은 영광 스럽다.

If this guide has any use, you’re welcome!!
FOLLOW ME ON IG @LIAMWILL.INSTA

Offline sticki

• *[T4] Loser Island
  • Disruptor
  • Awards For contributing to the Records board, can be earned for the most miniscule task - from b i g b o y For being voted as the member of the month - from Mikano You've earned three features! Nice job! - from Yugioh77 For entering Jayk's soundcloud contest - from konnichiha Highly prized and rare! - from Epicosaurus For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Epicosaurus For making inspiring physic puzzle maker games - from Epicosaurus I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Guide: how to tell between Chinese, Japanese, and Korean
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 06:18 AM »
Yeah but kanji (Chinese) is used just as often in Japanese writing as their own characters (hiragana and katakana). Can you tell the difference between different Chinese characters (Cantonese, Mandarin, etc.) because I can't and Korean is pretty different from bofa those languages and easily recognizable because it's the most alien looking alphabet compared to every other alphabet on planet Earth.

Online LIAM WILL

• [Staff] General
  • Bugmeister
  • Awards For contributing to the Records board, can be earned for the most miniscule task - from Daniel ឵឵឵឵ For being voted as the staff of the month - from Jmc10 For having an eye for good games - from Yugioh77 An award to all your great help, War Veteran - from Epicosaurus Voted best forum staff of July 2015. - from Liamnight!(• ◡•) Eat butter. Love butter. Butter is life. - from liamnight A member with this award now has a liamnight pony. Feed him fried peanut butter, - from liamnight For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Hivetyrantofawesome
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 06:23 AM »
Yeah but kanji (Chinese) is used just as often in Japanese writing as their own characters (hiragana and katakana). Can you tell the difference between different Chinese characters (Cantonese, Mandarin, etc.) because I can't and Korean is pretty different from bofa those languages and easily recognizable because it's the most alien looking alphabet compared to every other alphabet on planet Earth.

Cantonese uses more traditional Chinese symbols while mandarin uses more simplified characters so mandarin will look more like the kanji in Japanese and Cantonese will look more complicated I guess

Offline sticki

• *[T4] Loser Island
  • Disruptor
  • Awards For contributing to the Records board, can be earned for the most miniscule task - from b i g b o y For being voted as the member of the month - from Mikano You've earned three features! Nice job! - from Yugioh77 For entering Jayk's soundcloud contest - from konnichiha Highly prized and rare! - from Epicosaurus For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Epicosaurus For making inspiring physic puzzle maker games - from Epicosaurus I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 06:32 AM »
Cantonese uses more traditional Chinese symbols while mandarin uses more simplified characters so mandarin will look more like the kanji in Japanese and Cantonese will look more complicated I guess
my Chinese friend tried to teach my Cantonese and my head exploded so I guess you're right

Online LIAM WILL

• [Staff] General
  • Bugmeister
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 07:19 AM »
my Chinese friend tried to teach my Cantonese and my head exploded so I guess you're right

idk if i'm right but kaboom all the symbols are cray

Offline Apod

• This dude splode V
  • Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • always here to help you get through anything.
  • Awards You ain't got nuthin' on me. - from Spookie ;) For being voted as the member of the month - from Joji I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Alon For contributing to the Records board, can be earned for the most miniscule task - from b i g b o y
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2018, 08:45 AM »
We get it liam, you know korean
OK.

Online LIAM WILL

• [Staff] General
  • Bugmeister
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2018, 08:53 AM »
We get it liam, you know korean

maybe i do maybe i don't

Tags: