collapse

Stories Untold

Author Topic: Give Me Games to Review [Game Review Plaza]  (Read 322 times)

Offline swimmer18

• [T4] Loser Island
  • Cruiser
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Give Me Games to Review [Game Review Plaza]
« on: January 05, 2018, 10:04 PM »
inb4 either no posts or too many to count

There's enough of these already, but splode it, I'm doing it anyway.

The Rundown:
I just remembered I have an unused Reviewer badge. To make use of it, I'd like to give you all a chance to get your unrecognized games into the spotlight. Just post a link to your game, and I will play it. I'll try to give everyone at least an short opinion on their game, and if I like your game enough, I'll write a review of it.

Here's what I'm looking for:
- The current front page features don't inspire me to write a review that much, so I'd prefer currently unfeatured games, especially any diamonds in the rough. Featured games are still okay though.
- Physics is my preferred creator to play with, so I'd prefer physics games. Plats and arcades I can still generally play enough to review, but I'm a nub with shooters and algos so don't suggest those.

Ratings System:
10: Perfect on every level. I don't expect any of these to exist on Sploder.
9: Almost perfect and extremely fun to play. Definitely worthy of the EGL.
8: The top tier of featured games.
7: An average featured game. Fun to play, but with noticeable flaws
6: The mark of feature worthy. Like a 7, but slightly worse.
5: This is the average score. Games at this level are not decidedly good or bad.
4: Slightly below average. Has some up moments, but the game's flaws are seriously harmful
3: May have some okay parts, but these games are overall not enjoyable.
2: Like a 1, but with some promise of future quality.
1: A bad game with serious technical flaws. Most noob Sploder games are at this level.
0: A truly terrible game with no good parts. I don't expect this score to show up.

Games Rated:
1. Space Warrior by Sweden: 8
2. Bridge by Startrek: 6
3. Colorful Climates by xheadhunterx: 2
4. Ninja Cat by duck5557474: 1

Reviews Published:
N/A
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 07:16 PM by swimmer18 »

Offline Startrek

• The Humble Asian
  • Soldier
  • Electropede
  • Ohey. :)
  • Awards For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Lt. Ripto You've earned ten features! Nice job! - from not knni For winning any of the Sploderheads weekly competition. - from Mikano
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Give Me Games to Review [Game Review Plaza]
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 06:49 AM »
http://www.sploder.com/games/members/startrekzooka/play/bridge/

I suppose this game is a tad bit old, but feel free to give it a go lol.

Registered - 12 August 2009
Reviewer (13 Dec 2011 - 18 Feb 2015, 8 Nov 2017 - )
Ex-Moderator (25 July 2013 - 18 Feb 2015)
Soldier (11 Sep 2014 - 29 Nov 2014, 9 January 2018 - )
15 Features

Offline Swedenplatformge

• Tank
  • Be an artist in your own unique way and achieve
  • Awards For placing 3rd in the Collaborations category for EGD 9! - from Matty ;) For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Jmc10 For leaving great comments - from Moolatycoon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 10:43 AM »
http://www.sploder.com/games/members/swedenplatformge/play/space-warrior/

It was featured and all but... I'd be generally interested in reading a review of it I suppose. That is assuming that you'll like the game enough to do that.

Offline swimmer18

• [T4] Loser Island
  • Cruiser
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 12:21 PM »
http://www.sploder.com/games/members/startrekzooka/play/bridge/

I suppose this game is a tad bit old, but feel free to give it a go lol.
Working on it now.

http://www.sploder.com/games/members/swedenplatformge/play/space-warrior/

It was featured and all but... I'd be generally interested in reading a review of it I suppose. That is assuming that you'll like the game enough to do that.
No problem that it's featured. Although I'd prefer good unfeatured games, considering the active members on this forum, if I only took unfeatured games I'd have no submissions. I'll clarify that better rn.

I'll definitely consider writing a full review on this. I'm having fun with it now.

Offline Galla265

• ^-^
  • Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • ^-^
  • Awards For the b i g b o y s  - from a v e r a g e b o y For users who participated a lot in the Who Killed Superluigi gameshow. - from Alon You have earned 3 Features. Nice job. - from splatter For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from General Death
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 02:02 PM »
http://www.sploder.com/games/members/gallade265/play/timeless-dawn-2/

Want your opinion on this as I'm considering making a similar style plat in the future so feedback would be nice :)
http://www.sploder.com/games/members/gallade265/
Instagram: tom_taylord
^-^

Credit - Wiktor

Offline swimmer18

• [T4] Loser Island
  • Cruiser
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2018, 09:59 PM »
Bridge:

This was definitely an interesting game, and I had a lot of fun with it...at first. Level 4 in particular was very fun, as it was enjoyable to have to dodge the death blocks at just the right moment while navigating the platforms correctly.

But, by level 5, I felt a brutal difficulty spike, and this game honestly began to feel like a rage game. A well-executed rage game, but still a rage game nonetheless. Many of the obstacles by this point felt cheap and set up for unavoidable deaths, such as the white elevator at the beginning with death blocks to the left. I died many times unnecessarily there, and every time I did, it felt like the game's fault rather than my own.

I have to confess that I could not beat this game. I failed at the beginning sections of level 6 many times, and by the looks of the hellish (presumably) level 7 in the thumbnail, I assumed that the problems mentioned will continue through the end.

Verdict: 6
This is not a bad game by any stretch; as I said, the beginning levels were very enjoyable. However, the poor placement of hazards and rage resulting from it prevented Bridge from scoring any higher.

(As Dudki already reviewed this game and had very similar thoughts to mine, I won't write a full review of this.)

Offline Swedenplatformge

• Tank
  • Awards For placing 3rd in the Collaborations category for EGD 9! - from Matty ;) For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Jmc10 For leaving great comments - from Moolatycoon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2018, 08:23 AM »
No problem that it's featured. Although I'd prefer good unfeatured games, considering the active members on this forum, if I only took unfeatured games I'd have no submissions. I'll clarify that better rn.

I'll definitely consider writing a full review on this. I'm having fun with it now.

Ah got you. Well, I'm glad you seem to have enjoyed the game and so... well whether you'll review it or not is indeed up to you. :)

Offline Startrek

• The Humble Asian
  • Soldier
  • Electropede
  • Ohey. :)
  • Awards For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Lt. Ripto You've earned ten features! Nice job! - from not knni For winning any of the Sploderheads weekly competition. - from Mikano
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2018, 02:58 PM »
Bridge:

This was definitely an interesting game, and I had a lot of fun with it...at first. Level 4 in particular was very fun, as it was enjoyable to have to dodge the death blocks at just the right moment while navigating the platforms correctly.

But, by level 5, I felt a brutal difficulty spike, and this game honestly began to feel like a rage game. A well-executed rage game, but still a rage game nonetheless. Many of the obstacles by this point felt cheap and set up for unavoidable deaths, such as the white elevator at the beginning with death blocks to the left. I died many times unnecessarily there, and every time I did, it felt like the game's fault rather than my own.

I have to confess that I could not beat this game. I failed at the beginning sections of level 6 many times, and by the looks of the hellish (presumably) level 7 in the thumbnail, I assumed that the problems mentioned will continue through the end.

Verdict: 6
This is not a bad game by any stretch; as I said, the beginning levels were very enjoyable. However, the poor placement of hazards and rage resulting from it prevented Bridge from scoring any higher.

(As Dudki already reviewed this game and had very similar thoughts to mine, I won't write a full review of this.)

Yeah man, the big difficulty boost was the road killer imo; but I saw this coming from the getgo.
I will try to improve on this one nonetheless and maybe re-release it after I look over your other spell of criticisms in the meantime.

Thanks for the final verdict man, I appreciate it.

Registered - 12 August 2009
Reviewer (13 Dec 2011 - 18 Feb 2015, 8 Nov 2017 - )
Ex-Moderator (25 July 2013 - 18 Feb 2015)
Soldier (11 Sep 2014 - 29 Nov 2014, 9 January 2018 - )
15 Features

Offline swimmer18

• [T4] Loser Island
  • Cruiser
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2018, 10:27 PM »
Bump. Been busy this past week, sorry I couldn't review any games. Sweden, I'm writing a full review on your game, and I'll try to have it done by the end of this weekend.

Offline xheadhunterx

• Magnet
  • So, Forums Much?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I'm Interested In This.
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2018, 06:56 PM »
 Are You Still Doing This?
\_(ツ)_/

Offline swimmer18

• [T4] Loser Island
  • Cruiser
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: I'm Interested In This.
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2018, 07:26 PM »
Are You Still Doing This?
I kinda forgot about this but I'll look at your game if you want me to.

Offline xheadhunterx

• Magnet
  • So, Forums Much?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: I'
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2018, 07:49 PM »
-- quote --
I kinda forgot about this but I'll look at your game if you want me to.
-- end quote --
I'm Still Working On It. I'll Submit It Once I'm Finished. You Won't Guess Which Creator I Use.
\_(ツ)_/

Offline xheadhunterx

• Magnet
  • So, Forums Much?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2018, 02:27 PM »
My Games Done. Just Go To My Account And Play, "Colorful Climates"
\_(ツ)_/

Offline swimmer18

• [T4] Loser Island
  • Cruiser
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2018, 04:12 PM »
Colorful Climates:

Unfortunately, the levels were too simple, boring, and short for me. The game just screams of a lack of effort to me, and it looks like you could have easily made this game in 15-30 minutes. The scenery, while showing that you've played with the tools of the arcade creator, also conveys this lack of effort.

I feel that you have potential in the arcade creator, but that your games need to be more fleshed out.

Verdict: 2

Offline duck5557474

• Turret
  • I love ducks! Does anyone know how to play chess?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2018, 04:16 PM »
Can you play my game 'Ninja Cat'? LINK: www.sploder.com/games/members/duck5557474/play/ninja-cat/

:8): Thank You!  :8):
- Duck5557474     
-https://archive.org/details/SuperMarioGalaxy2Ost/GrandmasterGalaxyThe

-https://duck5557474.weebly.com

:)

Offline swimmer18

• [T4] Loser Island
  • Cruiser
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2018, 04:21 PM »
Can you play my game 'Ninja Cat'? LINK: www.sploder.com/games/members/duck5557474/play/ninja-cat/

:8): Thank You!  :8):
I'll be afk for a couple of hours but I'll get to it asap.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 06:16 PM by swimmer18 »

Offline swimmer18

• [T4] Loser Island
  • Cruiser
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2018, 07:03 PM »
Ninja Cat:

Oh boy, this one is going to sound pretty bad.

I find this game to be a mishmash of bad elements from games made by beginners. The scenery is lacking, with each graphic being only a few pixels thrown together, along with the glaring mistake for forgetting to change the graphic of the player in the last level. Additionally, the gameplay is lacking all around. The first level is a typical frustrating level with unfair difficulty, and the rest are simplistic levels taking a couple of seconds to beat.

Don't get me wrong, there is potential here. Honestly, everyone has potential. However, you have a lot of work to do.

Verdict: 1

Offline swimmer18

• [T4] Loser Island
  • Cruiser
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2018, 07:15 PM »
Space Warrior:

Meant to get to this a long time ago as a full review, here's pretty much a tl;dr of it.

This game is a prime example of what I like to see in platformers. The Metroid atmosphere of this game is truly amazing, in both the scenery and gameplay. This game offers a good mix of gameplay, and I like the focus on non-linearity, something which is hard to achieve in a Sploder game. The scenery is also impressive. I like the use of the old platformer look, and it suits the game well. Additionally, the spsplode but notable use of graphics helps solidify the alien atmosphere well.

However, some negatives include the reliance on gear riding, especially in the fourth level. These are fun in short increments, but they seem to show up all over the place, which is frustrating when you are expected to perform platforming maneuvers with the difficulty of controlling yourself on gears. Additionally, the game just feels too short. With only 4 short to moderate lengthen levels, this game can be beaten in 5 minutes. This is nice in order to replay the game and find all of the routes, but damn it, I want more of this game!

Overall, this game is a perfect example of why Sweden won Plat GOTY 2017.

Verdict:  8

Offline splatter

• Soldier
  • Centipede
  • Awards For Extensive Game making Knowledge - from General Death  An award for making truly epic games - from splatter For reaching the rank 'Lieutenant', quite an accomplishment there - from General Death For having an eye for good games - from JJS You have earned a semi-rare sapphire! - from ♚♛ Highly prized and rare! - from Mechanism G For being a good forum member - from Moola For winning second place in a forum contest - from Netshark
    • View Profile
    • Awards

Offline Swedenplatformge

• Tank
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2018, 07:15 AM »
Space Warrior:

Meant to get to this a long time ago as a full review, here's pretty much a tl;dr of it.

This game is a prime example of what I like to see in platformers. The Metroid atmosphere of this game is truly amazing, in both the scenery and gameplay. This game offers a good mix of gameplay, and I like the focus on non-linearity, something which is hard to achieve in a Sploder game. The scenery is also impressive. I like the use of the old platformer look, and it suits the game well. Additionally, the spsplode but notable use of graphics helps solidify the alien atmosphere well.

However, some negatives include the reliance on gear riding, especially in the fourth level. These are fun in short increments, but they seem to show up all over the place, which is frustrating when you are expected to perform platforming maneuvers with the difficulty of controlling yourself on gears. Additionally, the game just feels too short. With only 4 short to moderate lengthen levels, this game can be beaten in 5 minutes. This is nice in order to replay the game and find all of the routes, but damn it, I want more of this game!

Overall, this game is a perfect example of why Sweden won Plat GOTY 2017.

Verdict:  8

You wanted more of the game huh? xD

I took it from Sonic Boom Rol to not make over 4 levels. Unless I mixed up the gameplay from level 4 or 5 onwards. Since many complained from Sonic Boom Rol that it felt dryer the further in you got. So I figured to not take any big risks there...

But I did of course with the whole gear platforming thing xD
Which I honestly don't think is all bad in itself, I just need to learn to make it feel fairer.

Anyways glad you feel that way and thanks for writing this :3 

Tags: