collapse

Stories Untold

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The One That Got Away - NPC'S FIRST FEATURE-LENGTH FILM!!!  (Read 2066 times)

Offline NPC

• Freak
  • [Staff] Lieutenant
  • Disruptor
  • Awards For being a part of the jury in the 2017 3rd Music Contest. Thank you for your h - from Joji You have earned 3 Features. Nice job. - from Yugioh77 For being an active and talented debater - from J0ji For reaching the rank 'Lieutenant', quite an accomplishment there - from Jmc10 2nd Place in the Annual Music Contest 2015 - from Spookie sghdfh - from liamnight For being a big help to the staff - from General Death Forever Alone - from Timmy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The One That Got Away - NPC'S FIRST FEATURE-LENGTH FILM!!!
« on: November 29, 2017, 10:30 PM »
Behold, it is here - I've been hyping this up in the Barracks so it wouldn't get lost in the gulag of General. (No offense)

But yes. For the past six months, I, Nick Carlson, also known as NPC, have been working on a completely independent feature-length movie.

Titled The One That Got Away, it is a fifty-seven minute comedy/drama/horror about a brilliant fisherman who struggles with depression and insanity after losing the catch of a lifetime.

I manned every facet of production - directing, writing, acting, editing, and even music composition - which is why it's taken so abysmally long to put out there. Pretty much everything you see here was me.

The film is no technical marvel. Several pitfalls, mainly pertaining to audio, exist, that I simply did not have the time or resources to rectify. That being said, I hope you all can enjoy the movie for the story and content and look beyond the failings.

As I said before, the movie is 57 minutes long. I strongly suggest dedicating an hour of your day to watching it. I intend all my viewers to get the full cinematic experience.

Anyway, here it is: Nick Carlson's THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9H1UQq5Qhfo" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9H1UQq5Qhfo</a>
Thanks: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), Kashima, liamnight, legorifat258, Probe, Joey, tobestertobes, Cookies, Vaxen2, Epicosaurus, goldoptimus, Mai, sticki, KoF, Enigma, greendino11, anew20034, heavytruth, Manga­, bestatgames9, Startrek, Shady, FirePhoenix21XT, lavalinn, kai2003, swimmer18, Jigglypuff, TheKingOfSwin, Neopolitan, unovi, Joji, pepperedSteak, Proxy, Baysha, YellowWaffle, BlueBeauty, kingofdanerds

Offline NPC

• Freak
  • [Staff] Lieutenant
  • Disruptor
  • Awards For being a part of the jury in the 2017 3rd Music Contest. Thank you for your h - from Joji You have earned 3 Features. Nice job. - from Yugioh77 For being an active and talented debater - from J0ji For reaching the rank 'Lieutenant', quite an accomplishment there - from Jmc10 2nd Place in the Annual Music Contest 2015 - from Spookie sghdfh - from liamnight For being a big help to the staff - from General Death Forever Alone - from Timmy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The One That Got Away - NPC'S FIRST FEATURE-LENGTH FILM!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 10:31 PM »
Warning: strong language, some sexual content, and some scary images.

Offline Shady/Melinda

• Suicidal Mystic
  • [Punishment] Banned
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • Sultan of Sploder
  • Awards For having an eye for good games - from KNI You've earned three features! Nice job! - from benisawesome7 :D For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Epicosaurus For contributing to the Records board, can be earned for the most miniscule task - from b i g b o y For being a part of the jury in the 2017 3rd Music Contest. Thank you for your h - from Joji Granted to users who provide a solid description for a Hall of Fame inductee - from Joji Happy Birthday! - from Yugioh77 For entering Jayk's soundcloud contest - from J0ji
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 10:34 PM »
Will watch later tonight <3

Looks amazing, gotta give props to the dedication alone
In my mind, I seek nothing but letting go
In my soul, everything is so cold
But in my heart, I just don't know

Offline ur mom.

• [Staff] General
  • Bugmeister
  • Awards For contributing to the Records board, can be earned for the most miniscule task - from Daniel ឵឵឵឵ For being voted as the staff of the month - from Jmc10 For having an eye for good games - from Yugioh77 An award to all your great help, War Veteran - from Epicosaurus Voted best forum staff of July 2015. - from Liamnight!(• ◡•) Eat butter. Love butter. Butter is life. - from liamnight A member with this award now has a liamnight pony. Feed him fried peanut butter, - from liamnight For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Hivetyrantofawesome
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 10:44 PM »
57 MIN?!?!? OMG WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!

Offline sticki

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • Awards For contributing to the Records board, can be earned for the most miniscule task - from b i g b o y For being voted as the member of the month - from Mikano You've earned three features! Nice job! - from Yugioh77 For entering Jayk's soundcloud contest - from konnichiha Highly prized and rare! - from Epicosaurus For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Epicosaurus For making inspiring physic puzzle maker games - from Epicosaurus I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2017, 10:46 PM »
Around ten of us watched it in rabbit and we can confirm that it's a must see.

Offline heavytruth

• Soldier
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • crayons ~ NFQ∴
  • Awards For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Joji For being a good forum member - from Alonessix For being a big help to the staff - from Spookie ;) sghdfh - from Spookie For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Lt. Death may 23 - from TIMMY Happy Birthday! - from Epicosaurus Fed upon countless victims. 2015 - from General Death
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2017, 11:05 PM »
I was supposed to get some shut eye tonight but this seems more important

Offline lavalinn

• *[T4] Loser Island
  • Guard
  • Ive been moving calm dont start no trouble with me
  • Awards I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL For winning Avatar Wars - from greenrain For contributing to the Records board, can be earned for the most miniscule task - from Daniel ឵឵឵឵ For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Probe For eating bread - from LiamCreates Happy Birthday!  - from Miyu Makimura For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Jmc10 For participating in the Volare Challenge - from Kaynichiha
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2017, 11:05 PM »
Thanks: splatter, legorifat258, NPC, Epicosaurus, Enigma, Manga­, bestatgames9, Neopolitan, Megaman4540, Firepinch

Offline Jigglypuff

• À̡̛̬͉̝̩̠͇p̨̠͙p̲͖̳͖̯̤͎̕͜ḻ̦̥̘͟ȩ̬̫̗̞̀͘P̨̗̳͔̦̠i̛͔&#
  • Tank
  • EVERYBODY LIKES TO JIGGLE
  • Awards For achieving over 1000 thanks, well done! - from Mikano For being a great game artist - from Joji For making inspiring physic puzzle maker games - from Joji For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from crystal Happy Birthday! - from Epicosaurus
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2017, 11:44 PM »
The cinematography, editing, and sound design of the film so far from what I've seen isn't that good but the story, characters, and jokes are pretty damn amazing and you did a good job making this.

Offline NPC

• Freak
  • [Staff] Lieutenant
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2017, 11:55 PM »
The cinematography, editing, and sound design of the film so far from what I've seen isn't that good but the story, characters, and jokes are pretty damn amazing and you did a good job making this.

Yeah, the aforementioned technical pitfalls. That’s what happens when you have no budget and barebones equipment.

Offline lavalinn

• *[T4] Loser Island
  • Guard
  • Ive been moving calm dont start no trouble with me
  • Awards I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL For winning Avatar Wars - from greenrain For contributing to the Records board, can be earned for the most miniscule task - from Daniel ឵឵឵឵ For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Probe For eating bread - from LiamCreates Happy Birthday!  - from Miyu Makimura For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Jmc10 For participating in the Volare Challenge - from Kaynichiha
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2017, 12:07 AM »
just finished it. and never in my life will i ever see a smoking jesus christ.

Part 2?

Offline Master

• EveryBody's Favorite
  • Mainsite Office Employee
  • Disruptor
  • :8-/
  • Awards You've earned five features! Nice job! - from Mikano You've earned three features! Nice job! - from konnichiha For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Ripto Voted weirdest member of 2014 - from Spookie For being a good forum member - from Myown For leaving great comments - from Moolatycoon For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Moolatycoon For trying your very best! - from Spookie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2017, 12:43 AM »
Are you Gollum? lol.

Watched the whole movie.

Offline Neopolitan

• Bad Boy
  • War Veteran
  • Mogura
  • Bae Joo-hyun
  • Awards For reaching the rank 'Lieutenant', quite an accomplishment there - from Alon For reaching the rank 'General' - from Alon For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Alon Granted to users who provide a solid description for a Hall of Fame inductee - from Joji An award to all your great help, War Veteran - from Alonessix
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2017, 02:27 AM »
Being a part of the last 15 minutes of the Rabb.it stream were fantastic. I've watched the rest of it now and its a fantastic experience. I'd seriously recommend this guys!

Offline Shadross

• The Conqueror
  • Soldier
  • Bugmeister
  • <コ:彡 Solid Squid <コ:彡
  • Awards For Being Wicked. "That's Wicked!" - from Liamnight For winning first place in a forum contest - from Netshark You have earned 8 features, wow! - from Princess Matty For reaching the rank 'Lieutenant', quite an accomplishment there - from splatter For Extensive Game making Knowledge - from General Death You have earned 3 Features. Nice job. - from splatter For participating in the holiday fun in 2013 - from General Death☠ For being a great game artist - from ☠General Death☠
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2017, 03:38 AM »
30 seconds in and I'm not surprised that I see fish.

Offline Open

• Tank
  • 😒
  • Awards For placing 2nd in the amateurs category for EGD 9! - from Matty ;) For placing 2nd in the PPG category for EGD 9! - from Matty ;) For placing 4th-10th in the overall category for EGD 9! - from Matty ;) For placing in the top 11 of the Public's Vote category for EGD 9! - from Matty ;) Survived Freddy Krueger 2014 - from Freddy Krueger  For winning in textlabel's Sploder Raffle! - from Matty Happy Birthday! - from Princess Matty For contributing to the Records board, can be earned for the most miniscule task - from Daniel ឵឵឵឵
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2017, 05:31 AM »
10:47: the narrator couldn't be any less uninterested
i'm here one minute, the next i'm gone *whoosh*

Offline Manga­Mixer

• Manganese
  • Soldier
  • Guard
  • Twitter: @TechnoTigzon
  • Awards For winning second place in a forum contest - from Spookie For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Probe Happy Birthday! - from konnichiha For entering Jayk's soundcloud contest - from konnichiha 3rd place, nice going! - from Spookie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2017, 06:02 AM »
I'll watch it later.

Glad to see you made a first feature-length film.

Offline Rocko

• The Combat Veteran
  • Tank
  • Do not mock me, Tennyson.
  • Awards You ain't got nuthin' on me. - from LiamCreates For winning 5th place in the Amazing Artists Challenge!  - from Joji For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Yugioh77 Happy Birthday! - from Matty For achieving over 1000 thanks, well done! - from Joji sad - from konnichiha Awarded to those who consistently and prominently advertise the site! - from liamnight Make Me Burp Mommy - from LiamCreates
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2017, 07:28 AM »
Epic. But I won't watch it since the warning

Online Probe

• [Staff] Lieutenant
  • Koptr
  • Awards For reaching the rank 'Lieutenant', quite an accomplishment there - from Alon I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL For achieving over 1000 thanks, well done! - from liamnight may 23 - from Rule Forever Alone - from swallowthesun Happy Birthday! - from Lt. Death Problem? - from Parry This is a regular gold award that was brought up in a rough neighborhood. - from Ravicale's Alt
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2017, 09:05 AM »
No fishes were harmed in the making of this movie by the way.

Offline konnichiha

• Landfill
  • [Staff] General
  • The Player
  • https://www.last.fm/user/mitsuboshicolor
  • Awards  An award for making truly epic games - from rule60 For reaching the rank 'General' - from Joji I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL For being voted as the staff of the month - from Joji Granted to users who provide a solid description for a Hall of Fame inductee - from Joji For being voted as the member of the month - from Jmc10 You've earned twenty features! Nice job! - from Yugioh77 For having an eye for good games - from Yugioh77
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2017, 09:26 AM »
loved watching it last night, rewatched it again this morning and it wont be the last. great work

Offline Myown ;)

• I am a stone unaffected
  • War Veteran
  • Koptr
  • Reign hell down onto me
  • Awards An award to all your great help, War Veteran - from konnichiha You've earned ten features! Nice job! - from Yugioh77 For reaching the rank 'General' - from Epicosaurus For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Lt. Ripto For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Lt. Ripto Happy Birthday! - from sto4 Forever Alone - from swallowthesun For reaching the rank 'Lieutenant', quite an accomplishment there - from liamnight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2017, 09:32 AM »
Gonna watch it in a bit just woke up

Offline heavytruth

• Soldier
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • crayons ~ NFQ∴
  • Awards For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Joji For being a good forum member - from Alonessix For being a big help to the staff - from Spookie ;) sghdfh - from Spookie For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Lt. Death may 23 - from TIMMY Happy Birthday! - from Epicosaurus Fed upon countless victims. 2015 - from General Death
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2017, 09:56 AM »
I see where you're going with the camera angles, I'd like to see them with a higher budget setup

Online Demonxz95

• Moderator of the Year 2017
  • Koptr
  • Shake and Bake!
  • Awards Beware The Parry Award! - from ur mom. For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Jmc10 For participating in the Volare Challenge - from konnichiha You've earned eight features! Nice job! - from Yugioh77 For having an eye for good games - from Yugioh77 Part of the crew in THE Sploder Game Thread. - from Spookie ;) For achieving over 1000 thanks, well done! - from liamnight Merry Christmas! - from Matty
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2017, 10:00 AM »
Will watch it as soon as I can.

By EnderChimera

Offline Dcxd

• [Punishment]
  • Guard
  • it was funny until i said it
  • Awards For contributing to the Records board, can be earned for the most miniscule task - from b i g b o y sghdfh - from benisawesome7 :D For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Jmc10 For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from konnichiha For participating in the Volare Challenge - from Kaynichiha Happy Birthday! - from J0ji
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2017, 10:06 AM »
i'll watch when I get home
> baysha was my 1000th thanker <

Offline Galla265

• ^-^
  • Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • ^-^
  • Awards Beware The Parry Award! - from ur mom. I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL For the b i g b o y s  - from a v e r a g e b o y For users who participated a lot in the Who Killed Superluigi gameshow. - from Alon You have earned 3 Features. Nice job. - from splatter For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from General Death
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2017, 11:20 AM »
This is getting watched instead of the metric splode ton of homework I have to do
http://www.sploder.com/games/members/gallade265/
Instagram: tom_taylord
^-^

Credit - Wiktor

Offline Simmo

• Reverser
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2017, 04:22 PM »
if its anything like The Quest for the Milk its gonna be amazing. ill watch it in a bit

Offline Enigma

• play ddlc
  • Soldier
  • Koptr
  • i'm active some days
  • Awards We don't exist. - from Budz Awarded to those who consistently and prominently advertise the site! - from liamnight Gangnam Style Award - from konnichiha You've earned three features! Nice job! - from J0ji For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Epicosaurus Happy Birthday! - from Budz I won Slaughter Gameshow. Fear me! - from Liamnight Productions Eat butter. Love butter. Butter is life. - from liamnight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2017, 04:57 PM »
added to watch later >:]

Online LegendaryBrick

• 『TERRIBLE』
  • Guard
  • i'll probably make fun of you ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Awards Happy Birthday! - from Yugioh77
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2017, 02:17 AM »
alright so your name is nick

part 5

Offline Neopolitan

• Bad Boy
  • War Veteran
  • Mogura
  • Bae Joo-hyun
  • Awards For reaching the rank 'Lieutenant', quite an accomplishment there - from Alon For reaching the rank 'General' - from Alon For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Alon Granted to users who provide a solid description for a Hall of Fame inductee - from Joji An award to all your great help, War Veteran - from Alonessix
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2017, 02:21 AM »
alright so your name is nick

No one will ever find out my name.

Offline Epicosaurus

• big strong mod boy
  • [Staff] General
  • Bugmeister
  • "Sweet Jamie with the spaces"
  • Awards For reaching the rank 'General' - from Epicosaurus I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL For the b i g b o y s  - from a v e r a g e b o y A classic award for those who come up just a bit short. - from LIAM WILL An award to all your great help, War Veteran - from Miyu Makimura For being voted as the member of the month - from Jmc10 You've earned eight features! Nice job! - from Yugioh77 For having an eye for good games - from Yugioh77
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2017, 02:22 AM »
I'll watch this when I get home today, looking forward to it

Online wordigirl

• *Red Team*
  • Tank
  • FromThePlanetLexicon. Have a super blessed day!
  • Awards Beware The Parry Award! - from ur mom. I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Joji Happy Birthday! - from Joji
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2017, 05:20 AM »
Bookmarked...... I see the warnings though, but congrats on your success I guess. God bless.
Have an exuberantly blessed day!!!Best Thread 2017

Offline NPC

• Freak
  • [Staff] Lieutenant
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2017, 09:03 AM »
Bookmarked...... I see the warnings though, but congrats on your success I guess. God bless.

But....but it has Jesus in it  ::'(:

Tags: