collapse

Stories Untold

Author Topic: I'm having trouble with Discord. >:(  (Read 138 times)

Offline Bolsillos

• greendino11 is The Bohobemeister of Sploder
  • Disruptor
  • Awards For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Epicosaurus For being loveable - from Epicosaurus Happy Birthday! - from Epicosaurus For users who participated a lot in the Who Killed Superluigi gameshow. - from Alon I got 2nd place for Slaughter! W00T!!! - from Liamnight Productions For participating in the ZSG - from Spookie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I'm having trouble with Discord. >:(
« on: November 13, 2017, 10:52 PM »
I have one of those long ass passwords, so I just copy and paste it. I've been doing it on Discord for a long time, but now I can't do it. Why is that?

I asked on reddit, and a staff member said "We didn't change anything to do with this. Pretty much all of us devs use a really long password and copy paste it in from a password manager."

I don't know what to do.
greendino11 is The Bohobemeister of Sploder

Online sticki

• Soldier
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • I Gots To Ball
  • Awards Awarded to those who consistently and prominently advertise the site! - from liamnight Granted to users who provide a solid description for a Hall of Fame inductee - from Joji You've earned three features! Nice job! - from Yugioh77 For entering Jayk's soundcloud contest - from konnichiha Highly prized and rare! - from Epicosaurus For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Epicosaurus For making inspiring physic puzzle maker games - from Epicosaurus Award given for being an alt. (You don't want this!) - from Jammyt2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: I'm having trouble with Discord. >:(
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 10:53 PM »
Try to type it out? Possibly a bad copy of the password or a typo in the password you're copying.

Offline Cookies

• Cruiser
  • Dont you dare forget the sun, love.
  • Awards Happy Birthday! - from Epicosaurus Forever Alone - from Timmy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 10:55 PM »
I have one of those long ass passwords, so I just copy and paste it. I've been doing it on Discord for a long time, but now I can't do it. Why is that?

I asked on reddit, and a staff member said "We didn't change anything to do with this. Pretty much all of us devs use a really long password and copy paste it in from a password manager."

I don't know what to do.
Copy and paste it into a google doc and then see what it is, then type those letters

Offline Bolsillos

• Disruptor
  • Awards For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Epicosaurus For being loveable - from Epicosaurus Happy Birthday! - from Epicosaurus For users who participated a lot in the Who Killed Superluigi gameshow. - from Alon I got 2nd place for Slaughter! W00T!!! - from Liamnight Productions For participating in the ZSG - from Spookie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 11:05 PM »
Try to type it out? Possibly a bad copy of the password or a typo in the password you're copying.
It's not the password. I can't paste anything into it. I can still type, but I can't paste.

The password is extremely long and would take a while for me to type.

Copy and paste it into a google doc and then see what it is, then type those letters
I already know what the password is.

Offline Alon

• insert pretentious custom title here
  • War Veteran
  • Electropede
  • Awards Royal Review Rumble [AM] Category Winner 2012 - from superluigi77 Award bestowed upon members inducted into the forum Hall of Fame - from Epicosaurus For reaching the rank 'General' - from Alon For reaching the rank 'Lieutenant', quite an accomplishment there - from Jmc10 For participating in the ZSG - from Spookie sghdfh - from liamnight Forever Alone - from swallowthesun For participating in the holiday fun in 2013 - from Jammyt2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 11:08 PM »
Like, when you hit control V does it just not do anything?

(Or when you right click and hit "Paste", if you're one of those weird people)

Offline Bolsillos

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 11:12 PM »
Like, when you hit control V does it just not do anything?

(Or when you right click and hit "Paste", if you're one of those weird people)
The latter, right click and hit "Paste".

I didn't even know about control V. So, I tried that, and that worked. Thank you Alon Es Six! But, that does beg the question of why right click no longer works.

Online sticki

• Soldier
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • I Gots To Ball
  • Awards Awarded to those who consistently and prominently advertise the site! - from liamnight Granted to users who provide a solid description for a Hall of Fame inductee - from Joji You've earned three features! Nice job! - from Yugioh77 For entering Jayk's soundcloud contest - from konnichiha Highly prized and rare! - from Epicosaurus For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Epicosaurus For making inspiring physic puzzle maker games - from Epicosaurus Award given for being an alt. (You don't want this!) - from Jammyt2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 11:14 PM »
The latter, right click and hit "Paste".

I didn't even know about control V. So, I tried that, and that worked. Thank you Alon Es Six! But, that does beg the question of why right click no longer works.
because keyboard commands are superior; use ctrl+x t cut, ctrl+c to copy, ctrl+v to paste, ctrl+z undo, ctrl+y to redo, etc.

Offline Bolsillos

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 11:19 PM »
because keyboard commands are superior; use ctrl+x t cut, ctrl+c to copy, ctrl+v to paste, ctrl+z undo, ctrl+y to redo, etc.
I don't use keyboard controls.

Offline Bolsillos

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2017, 11:25 PM »
Okay well um I'm just gonna lock this thread now so uh yeah.

Tags: