collapse

Stories Untold

Author Topic: Sploder Speedrunning Competition, November 2017 - Jump!  (Read 301 times)

Offline NaZa

• Doomed Member
  • Mainsite Office Employee
  • Tank
  • I guess I'm too average to fit in. #LegoMovieCliche
  • Awards Know the power of the Dark Side! - from Rule For participating in the holiday fun in 2013 - from Jammyt2 Nana Nana Boo Boo! - from JJS For being a part of the jury in the 2017 3rd Music Contest. Thank you for your h - from Joji sghdfh - from Joji For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Jmc10 Happy Birthday! - from Rule
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Sploder Speedrunning Competition, November 2017 - Jump!
« on: November 12, 2017, 06:38 AM »
What is the Sploder Speedrunning Competition? it's a DWIronman League ripoff :(

The Sploder Speedrunning Competition is a monthly competition in which participants aim to beat Sploder games as quickly as possible. Check the rules below. Players of all levels of ability are welcome - it can make you a faster Sploder player! Preknowledge is also a factor, I know, but give it your best anyway!

In November 2017 the Sploder people will try to speedrun Jump! by thrash56. This game is one of the first actual platformers and it's very fun to play. Please screenshot or do a YT video for convenience!

- One attempt per month. Good luck! That means that no corrections count, and faster runs than your first one won't change your position on the table.
- ONLY SCREENSHOTS OR YT VIDEOS ALLOWED! You will need to do a screenshot of the time you  complete. The screenshot you post in this thread is the only screenshot you'll be allowed to post.
- If you die for any reason, do whatever you want. I obviously cannot know how many times you guys try. I expect you to be fair and do one run, but obviously you could do many runs and submit your best one.
- There will be a point scoring system. Probably points for Top 10.

Good luck!

STANDINGS
# 1. Meow (0:27) - Faster than a lightning strike, and it was almost two times faster. Scary thought.
# 1. NaZa (1:36) - Very, very cautious run. Not the best one but hopefully not at end of the standings!
# 2. FuzTheHamster (1:42) "Really slow" but he didn't want to die. Good one.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 09:12 AM by NaZa »
I too like having sexual relations with grills ~ Sandwich 2K16

Offline NaZa

• Doomed Member
  • Tank
  • Awards Know the power of the Dark Side! - from Rule For participating in the holiday fun in 2013 - from Jammyt2 Nana Nana Boo Boo! - from JJS For being a part of the jury in the 2017 3rd Music Contest. Thank you for your h - from Joji sghdfh - from Joji For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Jmc10 Happy Birthday! - from Rule
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Sploder Speedrunning Competition, November 2017 - Jump!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 06:44 AM »
Here's my run. By no means perfect. I think people can do sub :30s on this. I did a 1:36

Offline sticki

• Soldier
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • I Gots To Ball
  • Awards Awarded to those who consistently and prominently advertise the site! - from liamnight Granted to users who provide a solid description for a Hall of Fame inductee - from Joji You've earned three features! Nice job! - from Yugioh77 For entering Jayk's soundcloud contest - from konnichiha Highly prized and rare! - from Epicosaurus For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Epicosaurus For making inspiring physic puzzle maker games - from Epicosaurus Award given for being an alt. (You don't want this!) - from Jammyt2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 11:42 AM »
Bad idea when you can exploit the leaderboard

Offline NaZa

• Doomed Member
  • Tank
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 11:51 AM »
Bad idea when you can exploit the leaderboard
I expect people not to be that nasty. I won't be tolerating 0:00, and will write it as illegal. About actually changing the leaderboard, what's the point in that? The point is to have fun. This ain't serious. 

Offline Gannon

• The Fool that Plays It Cool
  • Tank
  • I, am Megaman
  • Awards Forever Alone - from swallowthesun You ain't got nuthin' on me. - from Princess Matty  - from Princess Matty For being a hard core game player - from Princess Matty For participating in the holiday fun in 2013 - from Jammyt2 For being a good forum member - from Jammyt2 For being a better than average member - from sto4 For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Lt. Death
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 12:22 PM »
This could be possibly one of the worst games you could have chosen lol. Like Sticki said it's easily exploitable and it literally takes less than half a minute to complete. But your contest your input, of course.

╭━━━╮╱╱╭╮╱╱╱╱╱╭╮
┃╭━╮┃╱╱┃┃╱╱╱╱╱┃┃
┃╰━━┳━━┫┃╭━━┳━╯┣━━┳━╮
╰━━╮┃╭╮┃┃┃╭╮┃╭╮┃┃━┫╭╯
┃╰━╯┃╰╯┃╰┫╰╯┃╰╯┃┃━┫┃
╰━━━┫╭━┻━┻━━┻━━┻━━┻╯
               | |
              ╰╯

Offline NaZa

• Doomed Member
  • Tank
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2017, 01:43 PM »
Alright, I'll dig deeper and search more carefully next time. Thanks for your input! :)

Offline FuzTheHamster

• Reverser
  • Hi?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2017, 04:08 PM »
Oh dude I remember this. I'll join :)
what

Offline FuzTheHamster

• Reverser
  • Hi?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2017, 04:20 PM »

Really slow run but at least I didn't die. And btw, I'm not going to cheat in this contest.
what

Offline Master

• EveryBody's Favorite
  • Disruptor
  • UNICORNZ!
  • Awards You've earned three features! Nice job! - from konnichiha For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Ripto Voted weirdest member of 2014 - from Spookie For being a good forum member - from Myown For leaving great comments - from Moolatycoon For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Moolatycoon For trying your very best! - from Spookie Eat butter. Love butter. Butter is life. - from liamnight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2017, 05:52 PM »
Have people submit videos for proof that’s what they do with real speedrunning.

Offline NaZa

• Doomed Member
  • Tank
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2017, 12:05 AM »
I said either YT videos or screenshots work.

Offline wordigirl

• Guard
  • FromThePlanetLexicon. Have a super blessed day!
  • Awards For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Joji Happy Birthday! - from Joji
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2017, 04:47 AM »
Okay, I guess.
Have an exuberantly blessed day!!!

Sibs:Wildzoogames/Ninjotten/Splashbaby
Thx:1marcviper2boreal3?4funnyleague/bestatgames 5dcxd7fuz/goldop8lifedollar69&10lavalinn

Offline NaZa

• Doomed Member
  • Tank
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2017, 05:45 AM »
I have an excellent idea. If you don't want to participate, don't post anything. If you want to participate, participate don't write OK or ur stupid or idk what even.

Online Rocko

• The Combat Veteran
  • Tank
  • We don't make games, we innovate them!
  • Awards You ain't got nuthin' on me. - from LiamCreates For winning 5th place in the Amazing Artists Challenge!  - from Joji For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Yugioh77 Happy Birthday! - from Matty sad - from konnichiha Awarded to those who consistently and prominently advertise the site! - from liamnight Make Me Burp Mommy - from LiamCreates
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2017, 09:33 AM »
I got till weakblocks and died :( im a very bad gamer

Offline NaZa

• Doomed Member
  • Tank
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2017, 09:52 AM »
I got till weakblocks and died :( im a very bad gamer
::P:  pix or it didn't happen  ::P:

Online Rocko

• The Combat Veteran
  • Tank
  • Awards You ain't got nuthin' on me. - from LiamCreates For winning 5th place in the Amazing Artists Challenge!  - from Joji For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Yugioh77 Happy Birthday! - from Matty sad - from konnichiha Awarded to those who consistently and prominently advertise the site! - from liamnight Make Me Burp Mommy - from LiamCreates
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2017, 09:54 AM »
::P:  pix or it didn't happen  ::P:

what

Offline NaZa

• Doomed Member
  • Tank
    • View Profile
    • Awards

Offline Meow­­

• Heavy Cruiser
  • Awards  - from Princess Matty For achieving 3rd place in the 2017 3rd Music Contest. Congratulations! - from Joji For being voted as the member of the month - from Jmc10 You've earned five features! Nice job! - from konnichiha For having an eye for good games - from Yugioh77 Fed upon countless victims. 2015 - from General Death Voted best member of October 2015 - from Spookie ;) Part of the crew in THE Sploder Game Thread. - from Spookie ;)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2017, 07:40 PM »
https://i.imgur.com/vXMxAbh.png

and like half of that is trying to get in between the ramps surrounding the crystal haha
mowemoewfrryutca

Online Rocko

• The Combat Veteran
  • Tank
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2017, 08:33 PM »

You said "Pix" instead of "Pics"

Offline NaZa

• Doomed Member
  • Tank
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2017, 11:53 PM »
You said "Pix" instead of "Pics"
Just shut up.

Online Rocko

• The Combat Veteran
  • Tank
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2017, 07:09 AM »
Just shut up.

Don't start a flame war again please

Offline NaZa

• Doomed Member
  • Tank
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2017, 07:24 AM »
Don't start a flame war again please

Me? I explicitly said that if you post here with useless splode you may as well not post, this is a competition not a public splodeing chatroom. Spoiled kids these days.

Online Rocko

• The Combat Veteran
  • Tank
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2017, 07:25 AM »
going to try again. Will post the scoer

Offline NaZa

• Doomed Member
  • Tank
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: Yesterday at 09:15 AM »
bump - leaderboard updated

Offline wordigirl

• Guard
  • Awards For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Joji Happy Birthday! - from Joji
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: Yesterday at 01:55 PM »
I died. No proof required. I'm out.

Thx:1marcviper2boreal3?4funnyleague/bestatgames 5dcxd7fuz/goldop8lifedollar69&10lavalinn

Offline Cian

• Heavy Cruiser
  • CyanGaming
  • Awards You've earned five features! Nice job! - from Yugioh77 For making inspiring physic puzzle maker games - from J0ji For being an outstanding forum member! - from Netshark For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Ravicale  You have earned 3 Features. Nice job. - from Epicosaurus  For winning in textlabel's Sploder Raffle! - from lordeldar PONIES - from splatter Happy Birthday! - from Ravicale 
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: Yesterday at 07:00 PM »

Offline wordigirl

• Guard
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: Yesterday at 07:05 PM »
You played thrice. (....rulebreaker....)

Offline wordigirl

• Guard
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: Yesterday at 07:06 PM »

Offline FuzTheHamster

• Reverser
  • Hi?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: Yesterday at 07:17 PM »
Correction.... FOUR TIMES.
He played those other runs a while ago
what

Offline Cian

• Heavy Cruiser
  • CyanGaming
  • Awards You've earned five features! Nice job! - from Yugioh77 For making inspiring physic puzzle maker games - from J0ji For being an outstanding forum member! - from Netshark For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Ravicale  You have earned 3 Features. Nice job. - from Epicosaurus  For winning in textlabel's Sploder Raffle! - from lordeldar PONIES - from splatter Happy Birthday! - from Ravicale 
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: Yesterday at 07:47 PM »
I know only my first time posted here counts, but here's a video of me beating Jump in 19 seconds.
The original video was 23 minutes long.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU-gCsTUrIE

Online Rocko

• The Combat Veteran
  • Tank
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: Yesterday at 09:34 PM »
I know only my first time posted here counts, but here's a video of me beating Jump in 19 seconds.
The original video was 23 minutes long.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU-gCsTUrIE

It says 0:23