collapse

Stories Untold

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amazing Artists Challenge #1 Capture Play (SPLODER'S GOT TALENT!!!) [CONTEST]  (Read 693 times)

Offline wordigirl

• Guards
  • Guard
  • Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness Month.💗
  • Awards For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Joji Happy Birthday! - from Joji
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Introducing this year's Amazing Artists!
1. Lavalinn√
2. Rocky√
3. Goldensaur√
4. FirePhoenix
5. Coolgirl5
6. Prince Jigglypuff√
7. JammyT√

These seven contestants will have to face a series of weekly challenges that will test the creative mind. At the end of each period, the public will vote. Whoever has the lowest score will be eliminated!

Each challenge will be pmd to the contestants on Tuesday. All artists have until Thursday of the following week to submit their work in the event thread. Voting will be open for the remainder of that day, and the entire next day (Friday). Results will be revealed on Saturday.

Sound good? Let's go!!!

Amazing Artists....
Challenge #1 is:

Capture Play.

You must paint, draw, photograph, etc anything that the words "Capture Play" inspire you to.

Include a brief paragraph on how exactly your finished product qualifies.

Remember, this is a talent show. PRESENTATION IS EVERYTHING. To make it interesting, you could film yourself speed painting to music, create a slideshow of your artwork, or debut it in a creative video etc. Get your thinking caps on and make this count!

I wish you guys the best!

(Audience, grab some popcorn and sit tight for an incredible show!!!)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 11:55 AM by wordigirl »
Have an exuberantly blessed day!!!

Sibs: Wildzoogames/Ninjotten/Splashbaby
Thx: 1marcviper2boreal3?4funnyleague/bestatgames 5dcxd6lava7fuz/goldop8lifedollar9lavalinn

Offline wordigirl

• Guards
  • Guard
  • Awards For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Joji Happy Birthday! - from Joji
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Stcky plz.

Thx: 1marcviper2boreal3?4funnyleague/bestatgames 5dcxd6lava7fuz/goldop8lifedollar9lavalinn

Offline lavalinn

• Cruiser Gang
  • Guard
  • Can i get a HOI YA
  • Awards For eating bread - from LiamCreates Happy Birthday!  - from Miyu Makimura For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Jmc10 For participating in the Volare Challenge - from Kaynichiha For completing the Volare Challenge - from Kaynichiha You've earned three features! Nice job! - from konnichiha
    • View Profile
    • Awards
gud luck yall

Offline Rocky

• The Cosmic Cyclone
  • Tank
  • The Striking Force
  • Awards You ain't got nuthin' on me. - from LiamCreates For winning 5th place in the Amazing Artists Challenge!  - from Joji For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Yugioh77 Happy Birthday! - from Matty Make Me Burp Mommy - from LiamCreates
    • View Profile
    • Awards
lol what is capture play?
Armed with powers he's on the case, fighting off evil from earth or space.

Offline wordigirl

• Guards
  • Guard
    • View Profile
    • Awards
lol what is capture play?

What do those words mean to you?
When you say them, what do you imagine?
Make any type of art that you think of when you hear these words. Then, make a short paragraph describing how those words inspired you to come to your finished product.

Offline goldensaur

• Guard
  • geeettttttt dunked on!!!
  • Awards Happy Birthday! - from konnichiha
    • View Profile
    • Awards
https://i.imgur.com/8p2E0JV.png my "capture play" drawing
Trolluminati

Offline Rocky

• The Cosmic Cyclone
  • Tank
  • The Striking Force
  • Awards You ain't got nuthin' on me. - from LiamCreates For winning 5th place in the Amazing Artists Challenge!  - from Joji For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Yugioh77 Happy Birthday! - from Matty Make Me Burp Mommy - from LiamCreates
    • View Profile
    • Awards

Offline NaZa

• Doomed Member
  • Mainsite Office Employee
  • Tank
  • I guess I'm too average to fit in. #LegoMovieCliche
  • Awards Know the power of the Dark Side! - from Rule For participating in the holiday fun in 2013 - from Jammyt2 Nana Nana Boo Boo! - from JJS For being a part of the jury in the 2017 3rd Music Contest. Thank you for your h - from Joji sghdfh - from Joji For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Jmc10 Happy Birthday! - from Rule
    • View Profile
    • Awards
https://i.imgur.com/8p2E0JV.png my "capture play" drawing
this image doesn't exist anymore?
I too like having sexual relations with grills ~ Sandwich 2K16

Offline Rocky

• The Cosmic Cyclone
  • Tank
  • The Striking Force
    • View Profile
    • Awards

Some guy took it off.

Offline goldensaur

• Guard
    • View Profile
    • Awards
https://i.imgur.com/uUixnby.png
reuploaded it, does it work now?
Trolluminati

Offline Prince

• Turret
  • rocky for general
  • Awards For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Joji
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Thursday really doesn't give us a lot of time to create a piece of art, especially for photographers like Jammy.
MOTD 2015 Best New Member & Most Potential, Reviewer and Reviewer Recruiter. Feel free to shoot me a message if you see me around.

I draw portraits of Sploder members! http://forums.sploder.com/index.php/topic,509854.0.html

My typing profile: https://10fastfingers.com/user/1040498/ Average 119wpm

Offline NaZa

• Doomed Member
  • Tank
  • Awards Know the power of the Dark Side! - from Rule For participating in the holiday fun in 2013 - from Jammyt2 Nana Nana Boo Boo! - from JJS For being a part of the jury in the 2017 3rd Music Contest. Thank you for your h - from Joji sghdfh - from Joji For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Jmc10 Happy Birthday! - from Rule
    • View Profile
    • Awards

Offline Rocky

• The Cosmic Cyclone
  • Tank
  • The Striking Force
    • View Profile
    • Awards

Offline wordigirl

• Guards
  • Guard
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Thursday really doesn't give us a lot of time to create a piece of art, especially for photographers like Jammy.

Alright.... Next Thursday? If all entries are in before then, we can start judgment early.

Offline Rocky

• The Cosmic Cyclone
  • Tank
  • The Striking Force
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Alright.... Next Thursday? If all entries are in before then, we can start judgment early.

Darn did you even notice my art?

Offline NaZa

• Doomed Member
  • Tank
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Darn did you even notice my art?
it will be noticed once the judging starts, sheesh don't be impatient

Offline wordigirl

• Guards
  • Guard
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Rocky and Golden.... Don't forget your paragraphs of how the words "capture play" brought you to your finished product. Plus, if you want, you have until next Thursday to soup up your presentation... But if you think that what you posted will suffice, kick back, relax, and watch the next entries roll in.

Offline goldensaur

• Guard
    • View Profile
    • Awards
here's my paragraph:
capture play reminded me of the game tag, so i first wanted to draw a game of tag, but also, where is the best place to play tag? in the park (at least how i see it), so i drew a playground because it can be found in parks often
Trolluminati

Offline coolgirl5

• Tank
  • "Wake up everyday, stronger than yesterday..."
  • Awards Happy Birthday! - from Jammyt2 For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Jammyt2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I have the flu at the moment, But I'll still try give it a shot. c:
Potato :3

Offline lavalinn

• Cruiser Gang
  • Guard
  • Can i get a HOI YA
  • Awards For eating bread - from LiamCreates Happy Birthday!  - from Miyu Makimura For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Jmc10 For participating in the Volare Challenge - from Kaynichiha For completing the Volare Challenge - from Kaynichiha You've earned three features! Nice job! - from konnichiha
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I'll try 2 get mine in by tomorrow

Offline wordigirl

• Guards
  • Guard
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I have the flu at the moment, But I'll still try give it a shot. c:

So sorry! Praying for you. If you can't do it, that's okay. I can hold your spot for variety, maybe?

Offline Rocky

• The Cosmic Cyclone
  • Tank
  • The Striking Force
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Here's mine -
Capture play reminded me of a guy shooting another with a canon because I felt like he was playing and I was taking a photo of it.

Offline goldensaur

• Guard
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Results will be revealed on Saturday.
::)): today
Trolluminati

Offline wordigirl

• Guards
  • Guard
    • View Profile
    • Awards
::)): today

Because of this, your deadline is now next Thursday. Then, voting will begin, and winners will be announced NEXT Saturday. Sorry and thanks.

Offline goldensaur

• Guard
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Because of this, your deadline is now next Thursday. Then, voting will begin, and winners will be announced NEXT Saturday. Sorry and thanks.
oh ok
Trolluminati

Offline lavalinn

• Cruiser Gang
  • Guard
  • Can i get a HOI YA
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Yeee i needed more time

Offline Jammyt2

• Straw Hat Luffy
  • War Veteran
  • Mogura
  • From now on all of your opinions will be rejected.
  • Awards For taking one for the team. - from General Death Woah, you have earned 20 features. Someone is an expert.  - from splatter Nothing will stop this user from making great platformer games - from JJS For making spaceship games so outstanding, it's out of this world - from JJS An award to all your great help, War Veteran - from lumberjay For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Tommy123 For reaching the rank 'General' - from liamnight Award bestowed upon members inducted into the forum Hall of Fame - from superluigi77
    • View Profile
    • Awards

When I consider the act of playing, my immediate thought as a dog owner is Max. He lives for these moments and is most happy when he is free to explore and play outside in the fields and woodland. This photograph is in no way my best but it does capture the fundamental aspects of Max in one image. First being his rugged adventurous side shown with him gnawing on a stick he found earlier in the day. Second is his slightly blurry, raised tail; when capturing a subject within an image movement will often blur the image and this is what you see here. The basic act of a dog wagging his tail due to the enjoyment of playing. Finally the time of day, the springtime sun is setting behind after a full afternoon of play and yet he continues to enjoy himself and would keep playing until the sun completely set. Here I believe I have 'captured' the act of playing.
Thanks: Needles, NaZa, lavalinn, kai2003, Prince, jigglypuff12345, wordigirl

Offline NaZa

• Doomed Member
  • Tank
    • View Profile
    • Awards
JAMMY, your dog is lovely.

I'd probably take a picture of my doggo too if I went for this but yours is really nice and oh damn he's cute :)

Offline Jammyt2

• Straw Hat Luffy
  • War Veteran
  • Mogura
  • From now on all of your opinions will be rejected.
  • Awards For taking one for the team. - from General Death Woah, you have earned 20 features. Someone is an expert.  - from splatter Nothing will stop this user from making great platformer games - from JJS For making spaceship games so outstanding, it's out of this world - from JJS An award to all your great help, War Veteran - from lumberjay For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Tommy123 For reaching the rank 'General' - from liamnight Award bestowed upon members inducted into the forum Hall of Fame - from superluigi77
    • View Profile
    • Awards
JAMMY, your dog is lovely.

I'd probably take a picture of my doggo too if I went for this but yours is really nice and oh damn he's cute :)
Thank u <3

Offline wordigirl

• Guards
  • Guard
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Coolgirl, lavalinn, firephoenix, TOMORROW IS THE LAST DAY TO SUBMIT YOUR WORK.

Thanks to Rocky, Goldensaur and Jammy for getting in before the deadline.

Prince has dropped out of the contest. Someone can try to replace him, but the deadline is fast approaching.

Oh, the anticipation!