collapse

Stories Untold

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Staying Safe Online  (Read 1819 times)

Offline Needles

• pins and needles
  • [Staff] General
  • Centipede
  • Putting "Nazi" in Feminazi since 2010!
  • Awards For being loveable - from Yugioh77 An award to all your great help, War Veteran - from konnichiha 1st place in Spookie's drawing contest - from Spookie  - from Omega Spookie's personal award - from Spookie For reaching the rank 'General' - from Spookie No disintegrations - from General Death For being a good forum member - from Rule
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Staying Safe Online
« on: August 22, 2017, 11:27 PM »
Hey guys.

Just wanted to make an announcement about trusting strangers/other members or just basically anyone online. Of course, don't be completely scared to make friends. You can form lots of good friendships on sploder. But just remember that a lot of people on the forums aren't looking to date or form actual relationships. While we can't regulate online dating on the forums, I'd like to make an announcement regarding that.

There's no real solid way to confirm whether someone on the internet is who they say they are. That could even be them hiding their true personality. Protect yourself by understanding the risks of sharing information and such to your friends. A lot of you are going through puberty so you can easily mistake friendly feelings as feelings towards someone, especially if they're of the opposite gender, so please make sure that if you're 'flirting' with someone that the feeling is mutual and you aren't making them uncomfortable.

Just because a girl is talking to you doesn't mean they're into you. I know some girls have their own little fangroups of boys who are fond of them.

& i'd like to restate one more time that the people you're talking to online might not be real or even real WITH you. It isn't hard to lie to a face you cannot see.
Thanks: Eddge, LOVElyLIAM, cyrman, Martin, MarcViPer, cookiesandsmiles, Ripto ;), demoonlight, Sticki, Enigma, Meta KnighT, DJ C-Kan, mjduniverse, Funnyleague70, HeavyTruth, batte, Demonxz95, bestatgames9, lavalinn, Crash­, Patient­, deion789, Joji, Articuno­, pepperedSteak, Baysha, bobby, Firepinch

N  I  И

Offline heavytruth

• Soldier
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • Element leader ~ NFQ
  • Awards For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Joji For being a good forum member - from Alonessix For being a big help to the staff - from Spookie ;) sghdfh - from Spookie For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Lt. Death may 23 - from TIMMY Happy Birthday! - from Epicosaurus Fed upon countless victims. 2015 - from General Death
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Staying Safe Online
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 11:53 PM »
Which one of you boots splodeed up? ::)):

Offline jomatt­

• Heavy Cruiser
  • pessimist plebian
  • Awards A souvenir for taking part in the 2017 3rd Music Contest. Thanks! - from Joji For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from crystal For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Jmc10 Happy Birthday! - from Joji PONIES - from liamnight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 11:59 PM »
im sorry ben :( pls forgive me
your friendly neighborhood jomatt

Offline Master

• EveryBody's Favorite
  • Mainsite Office Employee
  • Disruptor
  • UNICORNZ!
  • Awards You've earned five features! Nice job! - from Mikano You've earned three features! Nice job! - from konnichiha For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Ripto Voted weirdest member of 2014 - from Spookie For being a good forum member - from Myown For leaving great comments - from Moolatycoon For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Moolatycoon For trying your very best! - from Spookie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 12:02 AM »
How do we know that you are really a girl??
Thanks: benisawesome7 :D, Mad ℤ, Peanut, ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), jomatt­, LOVElyLIAM, Cian, Probe, cyrman, NPC, cookiesandsmiles, Marknuuuuut, Arcanus, Kingtrent333, goldoptimus, Sticki, KoF, Enigma, Meta KnighT, Lobert, Funnyleague70, batte, bestatgames9, M11d, Butter, Shady, Arcader542, jigglypuff12345, Dcxd, TheKingOfSwin, Crash­, Patient­, Unovi, Joji, Articuno­, pepperedSteak, Proxy, Baysha, bobby, Firepinch

Offline Needles

• pins and needles
  • [Staff] General
  • Centipede
  • Awards For being loveable - from Yugioh77 An award to all your great help, War Veteran - from konnichiha 1st place in Spookie's drawing contest - from Spookie  - from Omega Spookie's personal award - from Spookie For reaching the rank 'General' - from Spookie No disintegrations - from General Death For being a good forum member - from Rule
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 12:26 AM »
u dont

N  I  И

Offline Ripto ;)

• Ruler of Riptonia
  • War Veteran
  • Disruptor
  • Say hello to your new king!
  • Awards An award to all your great help, War Veteran - from Epicosaurus Voted most positive member of 2014 - from Spookie For reaching the rank 'General' - from Spookie For unlocking all your superhuman powers! - from General Death No disintegrations - from General Death Explore 50 times. - from Lt. Ripto For being a big help to the staff - from General Death For being a good staff member - from General Death
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2017, 12:36 AM »
Also just because someone shows their face and there's no mistaking it's theirs, it doesn't mean that they are as who they act they are. There's been quite some cases of people only being nice to achieve a goal, or turned out to be a little crazy, people that lie a lot, etc.

Form friendships, but without revealing personal information all willynilly. Feel free to trust, but always have 1% that's wary.
Thanks: LOVElyLIAM, Needles, Martin, cookiesandsmiles, Enigma, Funnyleague70, HeavyTruth, batte, lavalinn, pepperedSteak, Baysha, Firepinch

Offline Kingtrent333

• Tank
  • Awards For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Netshark For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Epicosaurus We don't exist. - from General Death Forever Alone - from Timmy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2017, 04:40 AM »
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 07:32 PM by Kingtrent333 »

Offline Patient­

• Harassment Squad
  • Guard
  • Joji is great and awesome
  • Awards congrats you've wasted 10 hours of your life - from Yugioh77 Happy Birthday! - from Joji For being loveable - from Yugioh77 sad - from konnichiha For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from J0ji Forever Alone - from Epicosaurus
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2017, 04:49 AM »
who splodeed up this time

Offline LegendaryBrick

• Reverser
  • killing the world one meme at a time
  • Awards Happy Birthday! - from Yugioh77
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2017, 05:11 AM »
is it because of geoff's breakup with ben?
look we all go through some tough times
ha

nice

Offline Arcanus

• God Of Shadows
  • Mogura
  • "Inside every cynic is a disappointed idealist"
  • Awards For being voted as the member of the month - from Jmc10 For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Jmc10 For being loveable - from Epicosaurus Voted best member of September 2015 - from Spookie ;) 4th place in the ZSG - from Spookie A classic award for extraordinary feats. - from Brocky may 23 - from TIMMY Know the power of the Dark Side! - from Death Vader
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2017, 06:00 AM »
I am curious, what prompted this?

I know you guys don't make announcements like this out of the blue, so something must have happened.

Offline Probe

• {~$Money Team$~}
  • Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • I'm funny...sometimes
  • Awards For achieving over 1000 thanks, well done! - from liamnight may 23 - from Rule Forever Alone - from swallowthesun Happy Birthday! - from Lt. Death Problem? - from Parry This is a regular gold award that was brought up in a rough neighborhood. - from Ravicale's Alt For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from TheMysteriousStranger For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from lumberjay
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2017, 06:40 AM »
I don't think anything  necessarily happened. I think the mods felt like it was important to share this information.

Offline Butter

• thats me, baha!
  • Disruptor
  • hey!!!
  • Awards For participating in the ZSG - from Epicosaurus Happy Birthday! - from Epicosaurus Eat butter. Love butter. Butter is life. - from Epicosaurus For being a great game artist - from Epicosaurus A member with this award now has a liamnight pony. Feed him fried peanut butter, - from Epicosaurus Make Me Burp Mommy - from Epicosaurus For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Epicosaurus For achieving over 1000 thanks, well done! - from Epicosaurus
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2017, 07:04 AM »
ive noticed this before but it mayve not happened :/

Offline Cookies

• Cruiser
  • I feel so fake happy
  • Awards Happy Birthday! - from Epicosaurus Forever Alone - from Timmy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2017, 07:32 AM »
I have encountered this quite a lot on my time in sploder. It can get annoying. I just want to make friends and some people just want to flirt. It can make me a little uncomfortable. Then again they could have been joking Its happened like.. Hm, 5 or 6 times in the last year? :/ Thank you for posting this announcement

Offline CG

• Soldier
  • Bugmeister
  • Creatingames
  • Awards For placing 2nd in the Collaborations category for EGD 9! - from Matty ;) For placing 2nd in the shooter category for EGD 9! - from Matty ;) For placing in the top 11 of the Public's Vote category for EGD 9! - from Matty ;) You have earned 3 Features. Nice job. - from splatter You have earned 8 features, wow! - from splatter For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from JJS For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Tommy123 For being a good forum member - from Superluigi77
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2017, 08:11 AM »
Sweden made me feel uncomfortable because he still hasn't showed off his abs

Offline Firepinch D:

• Valiant
  • Tank
  • [Punishment] Jail Member In a Locker (#1/1) [FA...
  • Awards Forever Alone - from liamnight For being a good forum member - from Yugioh77 You've earned three features! Nice job! - from Yugioh77 For making spaceship games so outstanding, it's out of this world - from Yugioh77 sghdfh - from Epicosaurus Award given for being an alt. (You don't want this!) - from liamnight For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from liamnight You ain't got nuthin' on me. - from liamnight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2017, 08:32 AM »
I don't think anything necessarily happened. I think the mods felt like it was important to share this information.

It's probably because Bolsillos made a thread about how he hates people thinking new members are alts right off the bat.
Does a man-eating shark eat woman, too?

Offline CG

• Soldier
  • Bugmeister
  • Creatingames
  • Awards For placing 2nd in the Collaborations category for EGD 9! - from Matty ;) For placing 2nd in the shooter category for EGD 9! - from Matty ;) For placing in the top 11 of the Public's Vote category for EGD 9! - from Matty ;) You have earned 3 Features. Nice job. - from splatter You have earned 8 features, wow! - from splatter For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from JJS For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Tommy123 For being a good forum member - from Superluigi77
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2017, 08:40 AM »
It's probably because Bolsillos made a thread about how he hates people thinking new members are alts right off the bat.
Did you read anymore than about one line in the first post?

Offline Firepinch D:

• Valiant
  • Tank
  • [Punishment] Jail Member In a Locker (#1/1) [FA...
  • Awards Forever Alone - from liamnight For being a good forum member - from Yugioh77 You've earned three features! Nice job! - from Yugioh77 For making spaceship games so outstanding, it's out of this world - from Yugioh77 sghdfh - from Epicosaurus Award given for being an alt. (You don't want this!) - from liamnight For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from liamnight You ain't got nuthin' on me. - from liamnight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2017, 09:14 AM »
Did you read anymore than about one line in the first post?
Not sure what you're trying to say exactly but when we think someone is an alt that's clearly not trusting what they're saying. Honestly it could be because they think we should get a reminder about this, or it's because of how most of us consider new members being alts. (Yes she probably would go deeper in the subject and add more things about trusting people in the reminder if the thread was the reason, I would too.)
Does a man-eating shark eat woman, too?

Offline MarcViPer

• Yuri
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • רוי Have an A1 Day! רוי
  • Awards For those who do epic things and deserve respect - from JJS sghdfh - from Jmc10  For winning in textlabel's Sploder Raffle! - from lordeldar For being a good forum member - from Rule Forever Alone - from swallowthesun For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from liamnight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2017, 11:57 AM »

By opening our Bob.

Offline Rocko

• The Combat Veteran
  • Tank
  • Do not mock me, Tennyson.
  • Awards You ain't got nuthin' on me. - from LiamCreates For winning 5th place in the Amazing Artists Challenge!  - from Joji For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Yugioh77 Happy Birthday! - from Matty For achieving over 1000 thanks, well done! - from Joji sad - from konnichiha Awarded to those who consistently and prominently advertise the site! - from liamnight Make Me Burp Mommy - from LiamCreates
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2017, 12:22 PM »
Yeah I agree, but some people fusing links to make us reach bad websites.

Offline Needles

• pins and needles
  • [Staff] General
  • Centipede
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2017, 12:23 PM »
You guys get so side tracked about WHY I made the post lol. I made it because it's important information young kids and teens should understand and be aware of
Thanks: benisawesome7 :D, cookiesandsmiles, Ripto ;), DJ C-Kan, Baysha, Firepinch

N  I  И

Offline Rocko

• The Combat Veteran
  • Tank
  • Awards You ain't got nuthin' on me. - from LiamCreates For winning 5th place in the Amazing Artists Challenge!  - from Joji For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Yugioh77 Happy Birthday! - from Matty For achieving over 1000 thanks, well done! - from Joji sad - from konnichiha Awarded to those who consistently and prominently advertise the site! - from liamnight Make Me Burp Mommy - from LiamCreates
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2017, 12:23 PM »
This thread is agreeable, as most of the complaints have content such as being sent to bad websites, and etc. Only people who do this are Mordacronius and his mob.

Offline Rocko

• The Combat Veteran
  • Tank
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2017, 12:24 PM »
You guys get so side tracked about WHY I made the post lol. I made it because it's important information young kids and teens should understand and be aware of

I am a young kid because I am nine.
Thanks: benisawesome7 :D, CG, Arcanus, Kingtrent333, goldoptimus, KoF, Enigma, Funnyleague70, HeavyTruth, Daydream, Butter, Shady, Dcxd, TheKingOfSwin, Patient­, Unovi, Joji

Offline Darkfire

• Guard
  • ok then
  • Awards Happy Birthday! - from Alon For participating in the Volare Challenge - from Kaynichiha For submitting an entry to the 2nd Music Contest in 2015. Thanks for participati - from Ripto ;) For trying your very best! - from Spookie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2017, 06:42 AM »
I am a young kid because I am nine.

Well I'm eight, beat that

Offline Eddge

• Soldier
  • Tank
  • okkeny | I've been around
  • Awards PONIES - from Parry For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from liamnight For lending out a helping hand to help out the
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2017, 10:17 AM »

Offline TheKingOfSwin

• Reverser
  • Bow Down To Your King!
  • Awards Happy Birthday! - from crystal all seeing eye. - from LiamCreates
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2017, 05:07 PM »
im 2

Offline deion789

• Cruiser
  • You are never too young to do something big
  • Awards Happy Birthday! - from Epicosaurus
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2017, 12:17 AM »
Don't share your phone number, home address, and school. Doing so may cause you to be in danger. If you do end up telling where you live, the best thing to do is to move to another place.

Also, Do not reveal what you look like. When you go out, people can recognize you and do something you might not want to do. Chances are that evil people might try to hurt you. This is why I personally don't do face reveals. Unless you are a fully grown adult, revealing yourself is a big no no.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 12:20 AM by deion789 »

Offline deion789

• Cruiser
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2017, 12:44 AM »
im 2

If youre 2 wouldn't you not join this forum?

Offline DJ C-Kan

• Skeetssophr3nic
  • Guard
  • here comes ed
  • Awards For participating in the holiday fun in 2013 - from Jammyt2 For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Jmc10 For participating in Sploderians Of The Storm. - from konnichiha For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Epicosaurus For users who participated a lot in the Who Killed Superluigi gameshow. - from Alon Award given for being an alt. (You don't want this!) - from Alon Happy Birthday! - from Ravicale  Forever Alone - from Timmy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2017, 12:48 AM »
If youre 2 wouldn't you not join this forum?
because he's a smart 2 year old
Well I'm eight, beat that
I'm 7 man, beat that mate

Offline deion789

• Cruiser
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2017, 12:58 AM »
because he's a smart 2 year old

No jokes, please

Offline ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Soldier
  • Guard
  • Awards Award bestowed upon members inducted into the forum Hall of Fame - from Epicosaurus Nothing will stop this user from making great platformer games - from Yugioh77 For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Epicosaurus For being a good forum member - from Rule Happy Birthday! - from Rule For participating in the Trials II Gameshow - from liamnight A classic award for extraordinary feats. - from JJS Bestowed upon Reviewers whose skills have earned them a place in the ERL - from JJS
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2017, 01:30 AM »
You're scaring Ravi off, stop.

Tags: #NSM