collapse

Stories Untold

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: MOST ONLINE GAMES WILL BE UNPLAYABLE IF THIS HAPPENS (IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)  (Read 868 times)

Offline Bolsillos

• The Bohobemeister
  • Koptr
  • Don't be a hater, be a tater!
  • Awards For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Epicosaurus For being loveable - from Epicosaurus Happy Birthday! - from Epicosaurus For users who participated a lot in the Who Killed Superluigi gameshow. - from Alon I got 2nd place for Slaughter! W00T!!! - from Liamnight Productions For participating in the ZSG - from Spookie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Here's the petition.

Adobe has decided to discontinue Flash Player by the end of 2020.

After 2020, Adobe will stop releasing updates for Flash and web browsers will no longer support it. The companies are encouraging developers to migrate their software onto modern programming standards.

Created more than 20 years ago, Flash was once the preferred software used by developers to create games, video players and applications capable of running on multiple web browsers. When Adobe acquired Flash in its 2005 purchase of Macromedia, the technology was on more than 98 percent of personal computers connected to the web, Macromedia said at the time.

If you have been on the internet for quite a while, used and played multiplayer games, they have most likely been Flash.

One solution would be for Adobe to release the Flash Player under an open source code where people who actually love it can maintain it.

"How will the Flash Player being discontinued affect Sploder?" Simple. Some games will be rendered unplayable.

"Some? Not all?" Thankfully, no. Geoff said he would be updating some (not all) of the creators.

"Which ones?" I don't remember all of them, but I do remember the Platformer and Physics creators being two of them.

"Wait. So, some of my hard work will go away?!?!?!" If the Flash Player is discontinued, yes.

As you all can see, this is IMPORTANT. Please, sign and share this petition.
Thanks: LiamCreates, Moolatycoon, etxbear, legorifat258, Martin, cookiesandsmiles, Vaxen2, Epicosaurus, Arcanus, goldoptimus, KoF, anew20034, batte, makever, theundead101, Mk17games, FirePhoenix21XT, lavalinn, mryinyang686000, jigglypuff12345, Dcxd, TheKingOfSwin, wordigirl, Patient­, Articuno­, Loaf­, pepperedSteak, Baysha, YellowWaffle, BlueBeauty

That's what Bohobes look like.

Sherlock Holmes from Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 (Ace Attorney)

Offline Bolsillos

• The Bohobemeister
  • Koptr
  • Awards For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Epicosaurus For being loveable - from Epicosaurus Happy Birthday! - from Epicosaurus For users who participated a lot in the Who Killed Superluigi gameshow. - from Alon I got 2nd place for Slaughter! W00T!!! - from Liamnight Productions For participating in the ZSG - from Spookie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Psssst. Hey, Generals, will you guys please pin this?

Offline Bolsillos

• The Bohobemeister
  • Koptr
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Thank you Epicosaurus for pinning this!

This is my third thread to get pinned. My first thread was that thread where 100 different members posted because they wanted to see photos of me, and my second thread was about speaking out for net neutrality.

Offline Sports­

• Is this the real life
  • Centipede
  • Is this just fantasy
  • Awards For participating in the Trials II Gameshow - from liamnight For being quick to the punch - from liamnight For participating in the holiday fun in 2013 - from Jammyt2 Happy Birthday! - from Dudki For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Lt. Death I guessed the correct winner for Trials 2012! - from liamnight For participating in the A souvenir for taking part in the 2017 3rd Music Contest. Thanks! - from Joji
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Honestly, flash being discontinued is actually a great thing, even if it is an unpopular idea on a site like this, flash is very memory reliant, so switching to html5 which is the plan will be much easier on lower end computers.
Caught in a landslide
No escape from reality...

Offline CG

• Soldier
  • Bugmeister
  • Creatingames
  • Awards For placing 2nd in the Collaborations category for EGD 9! - from Matty ;) For placing 2nd in the shooter category for EGD 9! - from Matty ;) For placing in the top 11 of the Public's Vote category for EGD 9! - from Matty ;) You have earned 3 Features. Nice job. - from splatter You have earned 8 features, wow! - from splatter For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from JJS For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Tommy123 For being a good forum member - from Superluigi77
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Well the shooter creator is splodeed then

Offline Lordeldar

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • Awards For having an eye for good games - from Yugioh77 For placing 4th-10th in the overall category for EGD 9! - from Matty ;) Winner in the Annual Music Contest 2015 - from Spookie Voted best lieutenant of 2014 - from Spookie Survived Freddy Krueger 2014 - from General Death No disintegrations - from General Death Woah, you have earned 20 features. Someone is an expert.  - from lordeldar For being a good forum member - from Princess Matty
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Well the shooter creator is splodeed then
Geoff said Shooter and Arcade were the ones he could maybe do a while back

Achievements:
43 features (46 including collabs)
MSM
Reviewer
Editor
Soldier (Ex-Lt)
100,000+ Views
Voted best Private 2011
Voted best MSM 2012 and 2013
Voted best Lieutenant 2014

Offline CG

• Soldier
  • Bugmeister
  • Creatingames
  • Awards For placing 2nd in the Collaborations category for EGD 9! - from Matty ;) For placing 2nd in the shooter category for EGD 9! - from Matty ;) For placing in the top 11 of the Public's Vote category for EGD 9! - from Matty ;) You have earned 3 Features. Nice job. - from splatter You have earned 8 features, wow! - from splatter For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from JJS For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Tommy123 For being a good forum member - from Superluigi77
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Geoff said Shooter and Arcade were the ones he could maybe do a while back
I thought shooter was the one that couldn't be updated or something

Offline Lordeldar

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • Awards For having an eye for good games - from Yugioh77 For placing 4th-10th in the overall category for EGD 9! - from Matty ;) Winner in the Annual Music Contest 2015 - from Spookie Voted best lieutenant of 2014 - from Spookie Survived Freddy Krueger 2014 - from General Death No disintegrations - from General Death Woah, you have earned 20 features. Someone is an expert.  - from lordeldar For being a good forum member - from Princess Matty
    • View Profile
    • Awards

Achievements:
43 features (46 including collabs)
MSM
Reviewer
Editor
Soldier (Ex-Lt)
100,000+ Views
Voted best Private 2011
Voted best MSM 2012 and 2013
Voted best Lieutenant 2014

Offline CG

• Soldier
  • Bugmeister
  • Creatingames
    • View Profile
    • Awards
http://forums.sploder.com/index.php/topic,487180.msg6206646.html#msg6206646
He said it may be possible. At least it's not as splodeed as I thought it was then.

Goodbye to the algorithm creator then? Nobody liked it anyway.

Offline Bolsillos

• The Bohobemeister
  • Koptr
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Honestly, flash being discontinued is actually a great thing, even if it is an unpopular idea on a site like this, flash is very memory reliant, so switching to html5 which is the plan will be much easier on lower end computers.
How? People would still have the choice to switch to HTML5.

I fail to see any flaws with letting the Flash Player be under an open source code where people who actually love it can maintain it.

Offline Megaman4540

• Cruiser
  • Hey im megaman
  • Awards For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Jmc10
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Although he said the current creators cant be updated, they will likely be left in the past, and all we can do about them is remembering the golden games of people such as tookewl, obe, sceptile, and many other legendary game makers. Geoff said that he will make possibly a more polished 2d creator out of the upcoming 3d creator . If we can get 2500 people to sogn that petition, we can be saved

Offline sticki

• Soldier
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • I Gots To Ball
  • Awards Awarded to those who consistently and prominently advertise the site! - from liamnight Granted to users who provide a solid description for a Hall of Fame inductee - from Joji You've earned three features! Nice job! - from Yugioh77 For entering Jayk's soundcloud contest - from konnichiha Highly prized and rare! - from Epicosaurus For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Epicosaurus For making inspiring physic puzzle maker games - from Epicosaurus Award given for being an alt. (You don't want this!) - from Jammyt2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Flash will still work, it simply won't be maintained and will be a pain to get it working. Think shockwave. It's about time flash was put into the attic, and the new creator will release written in HTML5 so most things will be peachy.

Offline Megaman4540

• Cruiser
  • Hey im megaman
    • View Profile
    • Awards
we dont really have to worry about this, since the creators require flash player 9 (or 10) or above to use the creators

Offline wordigirl

• Guard
  • FromThePlanetLexicon. Have a super blessed day!
  • Awards For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Joji Happy Birthday! - from Joji
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Signed!

Thanks, Bolsillos!!!💚😉😃😊💚
Have an exuberantly blessed day!!!

Sibs:Wildzoogames/Ninjotten/Splashbaby
Thx:1marcviper2boreal3?4fnnyleague/best@games 5dcxd7fuz/goldop8lifedollar69&10lavalinn11npc?

Offline lavalinn

• Guard
  • Dude you gotta chill man😎
  • Awards For eating bread - from LiamCreates Happy Birthday!  - from Miyu Makimura For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Jmc10 For participating in the Volare Challenge - from Kaynichiha For completing the Volare Challenge - from Kaynichiha You've earned three features! Nice job! - from konnichiha
    • View Profile
    • Awards
If that happens we can't use the 3D creator  ::'(:

Offline Meta KnighT

• ---->[ǝɹᴉɐuoᴉllᴉW]<---- @realRonaldMcDonald
  • Soldier
  • Koptr
  • #GetTrumped
  • Awards Nothing will stop this user from making great platformer games - from crystal For leaving great comments - from konnichiha For having an eye for good games - from Yugioh77 For Extensive Game making Knowledge - from konnichiha I WON TRIALS 3 CUZ I'M EPIC IN (2015)!! - from Liamnight For being a big help to the staff - from General Death For being a hardcore gamer to the max - from Matty For making inspiring physic puzzle maker games - from Rule
    • View Profile
    • Awards
If that happens we can't use the 3D creator  ::'(:
The 3D creator doesn't use flash.

Offline lavalinn

• Guard
  • Dude you gotta chill man😎
  • Awards For eating bread - from LiamCreates Happy Birthday!  - from Miyu Makimura For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Jmc10 For participating in the Volare Challenge - from Kaynichiha For completing the Volare Challenge - from Kaynichiha You've earned three features! Nice job! - from konnichiha
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The 3D creator doesn't use flash.
wow u just luv 2 be a smartass huh?

Offline wordigirl

• Guard
  • Awards For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Joji Happy Birthday! - from Joji
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Good old Geo said it himself. Did you even read the link?

Thx:1marcviper2boreal3?4fnnyleague/best@games 5dcxd7fuz/goldop8lifedollar69&10lavalinn11npc?

Offline docterdane

• Magnet
    • View Profile
    • Awards
i've signed the petition :D
taking things to the next level

Offline oktot0320

• Magnet
  • This is me.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Signed. Let's hope it reaches Adobe.
~Ahuhuhuhu

Offline goldensaur

• Guard
  • geeettttttt dunked on!!!
  • Awards Awarded to those who consistently and prominently advertise the site! - from liamnight Happy Birthday! - from konnichiha
    • View Profile
    • Awards
if geoff won't finish with the new 3D creator before it happens, then it will be even more dangerous for sploder
Trolluminati

Offline goldensaur

• Guard
  • geeettttttt dunked on!!!
  • Awards Awarded to those who consistently and prominently advertise the site! - from liamnight Happy Birthday! - from konnichiha
    • View Profile
    • Awards
also, 9,117/10,000 has signed so far, only 883 to go
Trolluminati

Offline wordigirl

• Guard
    • View Profile
    • Awards
also, 9,117/10,000 has signed so far, only 883 to go
Whoohoo! Let's start creating ALTS!!!

Sike.

Please don't.

SERIOUSLY. DON'T.

Offline FirePhoenix21XT

• Speeder
  • Hello! 😉
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I am going to cry because of this. I don't want the flash games and animations to go. Whats going to happen to classic ol' newgrounds? Those classic escape games? Super Smash Flash? I am going to be very sad on that day. Adobe flash is nostalgic to me. ;-;
~ph¤enix

Offline Bolsillos

• The Bohobemeister
  • Koptr
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I am going to cry because of this. I don't want the flash games and animations to go. Whats going to happen to classic ol' newgrounds? Those classic escape games? Super Smash Flash? I am going to be very sad on that day. Adobe flash is nostalgic to me. ;-;
Preach it, brother.

Offline Rocko

• The Combat Veteran
  • Mainsite Office Employee
  • Tank
  • Do not mock me, Tennyson.
  • Awards You ain't got nuthin' on me. - from LiamCreates For winning 5th place in the Amazing Artists Challenge!  - from Joji For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Yugioh77 Happy Birthday! - from Matty For achieving over 1000 thanks, well done! - from Joji sad - from konnichiha Awarded to those who consistently and prominently advertise the site! - from liamnight Make Me Burp Mommy - from LiamCreates
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Well I already put a petition like this but It doesn't seem like games are realy gonna go off.

Offline Bolsillos

• The Bohobemeister
  • Koptr
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Well I already put a petition like this
When did you put the petition?

but It doesn't seem like games are realy gonna go off.
Why do you think that?

Offline Rocko

• The Combat Veteran
  • Tank
  • Awards You ain't got nuthin' on me. - from LiamCreates For winning 5th place in the Amazing Artists Challenge!  - from Joji For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Yugioh77 Happy Birthday! - from Matty For achieving over 1000 thanks, well done! - from Joji sad - from konnichiha Awarded to those who consistently and prominently advertise the site! - from liamnight Make Me Burp Mommy - from LiamCreates
    • View Profile
    • Awards
-- quote --
Why do you think that?
-- end quote --

Goldensaur said that flash will get updated and a new form will come so we don't need to worry.

Offline Bolsillos

• The Bohobemeister
  • Koptr
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Goldensaur said that flash will get updated and a new form will come so we don't need to worry.
Why does he think that?

Offline Rocko

• The Combat Veteran
  • Tank
    • View Profile
    • Awards
-- quote --
Why does he think that?
-- end quote --

IDK, he said it clearly

Tags: