collapse

Stories Untold

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Sploding Epic: A Sploder Story  (Read 139 times)

Offline chucky12

• Tank
  • .-_+
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The Sploding Epic: A Sploder Story
« on: June 28, 2018, 11:49 PM »
Go ahead and join anytime.

Chapter 1: Snap, Crackle, Bang!

WHOOSH! The tornado-chasing van flies through the streets as one of Mother Nature's angry eyes follows. Cows and teddy bears fly into the tornado, causing the gusty beauty to turn a turd brown.
"OH SPLODE!" The driver exclaims when he looks behind him. "CHARLIE, GET CHUCK'S SPLODING SPLODE ON THIS SPLODING LINE RIGHT SPLODING NOW!"
"WHY SHOULD I, JOHN?" Charlie asks. "THAT MORON CHUCK CAN'T DO ANYTHING RIGHT."
"DO IT. HE'S THE ONLY WEATHERMAN AROUND SPLODEBURBEA. IF ANYBODY CAN GET THOSE PEOPLE ARUNNING, IT'S AHIM."
"I SINCERELY DISAPPROVE OF YOUR MARIO IMPRESSION!" Charlie calls Chuck anyway.
25-year-old Chuck sits back in his chair, touching his trimmed beard and moustache, waiting for the news to come on. The Channel 04-20 jingle plays, his cue to stop touching himself and sit upright.
"Hello," Chuck says to the camera, noticing the script out of the corner of his eye. However, he rarely uses it nowadays. Not that he needed it much before; even on his first day as a reporter, Chuck "The Twelveth" Osborn was always good at carving his own path. A.K.A. improvising. "I am Weatherman Chuck. Tonight I will be your host. But, first of all, I hope you are all staying out of this crazy weather-"
Charlie finally patches through to Chuck.
"Hold on . . ."
A commercial break is held at that moment.
"Charlie, what the splode? I'm at work!"
"GAME OVER MAN! GAME OVER!"
"Did you just-"
"No time . . . explain . . . mothersploding tornado . . . U.S. is doomed . . . tell the military . . . I love her . . ."
"Charlie, could you repeat that? You're breaking up severely."
Silence. Chuck nearly crushes his phone in his hand, but thinks better of it, instead hanging up. Chuck then gets back to hosting. Little does he know at the time, he'll regret being so hasty with his friends.
"Died doing a stupid job to keep food on the table," Darwin says firmly. "I don't think he'd want you to throw your life away."
"But sir, all I know is reporting. What do you want me to do?"
The boss scratches his chin for a minute. "Well, there has been some interesting things happening at that Sploder Military Camp lately."
"S . . . SMC?!?" Chuck stutters. The SMC was known as the last place anybody would want to go. With its almost-always-drunk soldiers who tended to get rowdy with women all ages, shapes, and sizes . . . "Do I have to sir?"
"It's either that, or you go back to scooping up cow splode."
Chuck sighs. "Fine. I give. But sometimes I wonder if it would be better to try those exotic butters and cheeses."
Chuck shakes his boss' hand. "So, when do I began my report?"
"Right now."
I guess I'm the bizarre GIF collector now.

Offline lavalinn

• Soldier
  • Tank
  • they gon pull up on you brrt brrt brrrt
  • Awards I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL For winning Avatar Wars - from greenrain For contributing to the Records board, can be earned for the most miniscule task - from Daniel ឵឵឵឵ For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Probe For eating bread - from LiamCreates Happy Birthday!  - from Miyu Makimura For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Jmc10 For participating in the Volare Challenge - from Kaynichiha
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The Sploding Epic: A Sploder Story
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2018, 04:42 AM »
 ::)):

Offline chucky12

• Tank
  • .-_+
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2018, 10:07 PM »
Chapter 2: Choosing a Side

Felicia scrambled up the hill, and looked down. Below her was an entire military camp. She was 60 feet above "The Center," the one base every single Commander had been trying to conquer ever since their inceptions as commanders.
Suddenly, she heard helicopter blades spin above her head, so she shrank against the grass, trying to stay out of sight.
Chuck was in his old WeatherChasermobile. Because this was a bit of a last chance for him, Chuck couldn't waste any money. After all, he was only getting a budget of 1,000 dollars, which would just be enough for filming. He hoped.
Still surprised I was spared the expense of a helicopter, Chuck thought to himself. He wondered why. Then, just as the bay doors opened, he realized. OH GOODNESS. HE'S TRYING TO KILL ME!
Whoosh! The giant van flew down without a parachute or anything to keep it from killing him.
I think I'm gonna . . .
BLEUGH! A gallon of a wretched-smelling substance covers Felicia as the van flies further down.
I'd always had motion sickness. Oh well. I guess it's all over now. Chuck closed his eyes, awaiting his inevitable doom. However, a minute later, when he felt a violent shake, he reopened them, and saw that the van had somehow landed in a tree.
As much as he wanted to thank the lord for the miraculous landing, Chuck knew that the tree could topple over at any moment, so just as the tree started to crack, Chuck scrambled out and slid down the tree, which started to fall apart. When Chuck was a foot off the ground, he jumped, and the tree toppled over a canyon.
"Phew!" Chuck looked around. "HELLO? IS ANYBODY OUT HERE?!?"
Silence. Chuck sighed, expecting only the sand and wind to answer, when suddenly, a person placed their hand on his right shoulder. Chuck jumped.
"GAH!" Chuck turns around to see a blueish kid with white hair. A feminine one at that, too. It seems a little unnatural to Chuck, but he doesn't put much thought into it.
"Who . . . who are you?" Chuck stutters.
"I should be asking you the same thing. This is private property."
"Oh. Well, I'm Chuck, a reporter of station 04-20."
"The #20 division?" The figure asks, before putting out her hand. "The name's Lavalinn. Most just call me Linn, however. I've heard a lot about you."
"You and which army?" Chuck mutters snarkily under his breath. The kid pays no mind to the connotation, however. "Oh, there's Wordigirl, or Wordi for short . . ."
Their conversation is interrupted when a cannonball lands between the two of them, causing Chuck to jump.
"Jumpy?"
"I'm not very horror-enthusiastic."
"Well, when you're at war with a few different sides all at once, you gotta get used to stuff like that happening."
Chuck takes out a small notepad. "Who's side are you on?"
"Oh. Uh . . . Geoff's? Moola's? We're the last of the original Crusade Soldiers. Everyone else is either on Apod's or Ben's side, or CG's or Cyan's side."
"Why do you pair them like that?"
"Because Apod is at war with Ben, CG with Cyan."
"Really? So, this is like a monkey in the middle situation?"
Linn nods, her eyebrows flapping slightly in the light desert gust. "Daydream's with Apod. However, most people like our side the most. Mainly because we're not being attacked every day. Normally."
"Has there ever been a moment where all four sides waged war around here?"
"No-"
"LIEUTENANT LINN!" A bluish-skinned boy with blue and white hair screams, running over. He trips over a rock and falls into the sand, before standing up. "Trouble!" He exclaims as he dusts himself off.
"Where at?"
"All four corners."
"WHAT?!?" Linn exclaims. She then sighs. "Sticki, do you have gun to spare?"
In response, the boy takes out an old, rusted Glock. "I have this. Why?"
"Because this is an all arms situation."
"ALL ARMS?!?" Chuck yells. "BUT I'M A REPORTER, NOT A SOLDIER!"
"You are now, Private . . . What's his name?"
"Chuck. Private Chuck." Linn giggles. "It doesn't matter if you don't want to be a soldier or not. In the rare circumstances that all four sides attack, every able man, woman, and child is required to fight."
"For what?"
"FOR THE SPLODERLAND!"
Chuck hears screaming. He sighs. "Fine. What do I have to do?"
"Follow me," Linn says. Then, her and Sticki run into a cloud of dust.

Offline chucky12

• Tank
  • .-_+
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 01:10 PM »
Chapter 3: A Hostage Situation

Chuck barely has enough time to orient himself with the equipment before he's shot at by a boy who's 9 or ten at the most.
A strong sandstorm picks up, making it nearly impossible to communicate with Linn or Sticki.
"DO WE HAVE TO SHOOT HIM?" Chuck asks.
"WE HAVE TO MAKE SURE HE DOESN'T GET BACK TO BASE WITH INFORMATION! OR ANY OF OUR TROOPS!"
Chuck sighs. The kid's approaching faster now. His legs are going faster than Chuck can count the sand particles flying by.
Chuck knows he's dead if he doesn't do something. So, he takes out his Glock, aims it at an angle on the right side, and fires. Before the kid can even shoot back, his right leg is blasted out nearly the upper region, and he collapses.
"C'mon!" Linn exclaims as she motions for Chuck to follow. Her and Sticki run past the boy, grabbing the gun off the ground in the process. All Chuck can do, however, is stand still. "Hey! I said c'mon!"
Chuck finally moves, but when Linn looks back again, Chuck has the semi-conscious boy in his arms. "I'm not leaving him here to die."
"CHUCK, LET HIM GO! BOYS AND GIRLS HIS SAME AGE DIE EVERY DAY BECAUSE OF THIS WAR."
"I SAID I'M NOT LEAVING HIM HERE. IF YOU'RE GONNA FORCE ME TO GO INTO BATTLE, DON'T EXPECT ME TO HAVE THE PROPER TRAINING OR MENTALITY, YOU WITCH!"
"I'M NOT A WITCH! AND I CAN BRING YOU IN FOR INSUBORDINATION! TRESPASSING TOO!"
"I DIDN'T HAVE A CHOICE. IF YOU DIDN'T NOTICE, MY VAN FLEW OUT OF A HELICOPTER. MY TRAITOROUS BOSS CAN ACCOUNT TO THAT."
"MAYBE YOU SHOULD HAVE LET YOURSELF DIE!"
"AND MAYBE YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE SAT ON A HIVE THIS MORNING WHEN YOU NEEDED TO USE THE BATHROOM!"
"I AIN'T GOT NO BUGS UP MY REAR!"
"WELL, NEITHER DO I. I'M JUST ANGRY AT HOW SELFISH YOU CAN BE TO A POOR, INJURED KID!"
"HE'S PART OF THE ENEMY! BESIDES, IF WE BROUGHT IN EVERY CHILD WE INJURED, WE'D HAVE NO FOOD LEFT AND THEN WHAT?"
"WHY DON'T YOU CALL FOR SUPPLIES? I HEAR ALL YOU GUYS DO IS WASTE THE OLD ONES ANYWAY!"
"SO?"
"WELL, IF YOU CLAIM THEIR ISN'T ANY FOOD, THAN WHAT'S THAT ON THE GROUND?" Chuck points to an unopened box of crackers on the ground.
"Chuck," Sticki says calmly. "I know it's hard, but we can't bring back every kid we hurt either."
"Then go ahead and shoot him." Chuck says, seeing Sticki's left hand on his AK-47. "Go on." Chuck sets the kid on the ground. "If you're gonna murder somebody, it might as well be an innocent kid who didn't have a choice as to which side he should join."
"How do you know that for sure?" Linn asks. "He could have chosen an opposing side."
"His parents could have done it for him, too. Ever thought of that?"
Stick brings up his gun, aiming it at the kid's head. He closes his eyes. And then he lowers the gun.
"That's what I thought," Chuck said.
"Coward," Linn spits at Sticki.
"Or maybe he has a heart," Chuck comments.
"I have a heart too!" Linn exclaims.
"Oh really?" Sticki asks. "Then explain why you shot my younger brother to death. He could have become one of us!"
"BECAUSE YOUR SIDE KILLED MY FAMILY!" Linn screams.
Chuck shakes his head, not finding any reason to pity Linn. "So, fair's fair, eh?"
"You don't know anything!" Linn spits in Chuck's face. In response, Chuck picks up Linn, holding her by the collar of her shirt, her face closer to his.
"I know that if my parents saw me in this situation, they'd want that kid to live. But they aren't. Both died in a tornado when I was 18."
"At least you had them until adulthood. Both of mine died when I was four!"
Chuck sighs, putting Linn down. "I know how it feels."
"No you don't!"
Sticki tugs Chuck's shirt.
"What is it?" Chuck asks when he turns around and faces the kid. In response, Sticki points in the distance. Chuck zooms his eyes in a little bit. "Oh goodness."
A dirty man in a raggedy business suit is holding a girl up by the hair, a gun to her head.
"Don't try anything," the man says as he approaches the trio. "Give me your guns."
The two soldiers sigh, complying. Chuck hesitates, however.
"You too, moron."
Suddenly, Chuck snaps, bringing his gun in front and shooting the man's brains out before the man can even draw his. The man collapses into a pool of blood.  Chuck carefully grabs the girl, setting her in Linn's arms, before he picks up the injured kid. "Where's the nearest tent? I should probably start training anyway. Not like I have anything better to do."
"Follow me." Linn motions for the two walking figures to follow, and they head into a dingy tent.

Offline chucky12

• Tank
  • .-_+
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2018, 01:43 PM »
Chapter 4: A Father of War

Once he arrives in the camouflaged tent, Chuck carefully sets the boy down on a medical table. Admittedly, due to how rusted and dirty the table is, Chuck struggles to figure out what it is at first. However, everything is resolved quickly, and Chuck grabs some medical tape from down below, pushing the kid's right pant leg up, and, eyeing a first-aid kid, grabs it and pulls out some pliers.
The boy's eyes grow wide.
"Do you have to do that?"
"Do you want to die?"
"No. It's just that . . . I don't want to think about the pain."
"Then don't. Just close your eyes. Imagine your on a beach or something."
The boy sighs, taking Chuck's advice. Chuck uses this time to carefully pull the bullet out, before disinfecting and bandaging the wound. The boy opens his eyes. "You should be just fine. Stay here, however. I'll keep you company until I'm told to do something else."
"Alright," the boy says weakly, before laying back down. Chuck grabs a stool from a makeshift bar and sits down on it.
"What's your name?"
"Sweden. Most call me Swede, however."
"Who's side we're you fighting for?"
"I don't know. I was just recruited because somebody said so."
Chuck sighs.
"I told you he was useless," Linn says as she walks in. Chuck realizes in that instant that she had overheard their conversation, and something in Chuck snaps.
"You look . . . mad."
"Oh, I'm fine," Chuck says, smirking maniacally, "right after I do THIS!"
Bam! Chuck punches Linn in the nose, and she goes flying to the ground. However, the man hasn't had enough quite yet, and picks her up by the neck. "You know, I'm strong enough to crush your neck with my bare fist."
"That's . . . not very . . . nice . . ."
"Neither are you, witch."
"You're a fricking duck."
Chuck squeezes tighter. Linn starts to cry.
"Why do you insist on undermining any usefulness the kid might have? WHY?!?"
"BECAUSE I WAS JUST LIKE HIM!" Linn screams. Chuck lets go, and she drops to the ground. After catching her breath, she says, "At the age of four, both my parents died. Meaning that I was forced to live on my own."
"No foster parents?"
"I refused to be caught dead in an adoption center. Still do. But, it was either that, or join the war."
"And you joined this side?"
"No. I used to be under Apod's side, until I was captured at the age of ten. Only I nearly died. The skills of the medical personnel weren't as good as yours. Also, most of the soldiers are boys, ranging from the age of four to the age of 25. Meaning a ton of perversion."
"Sounds fun."
"Of course it does! YOU'RE A 25-YEAR-OLD MAN! I'M ONLY 16!"
"I was being sarcastic."
Linn is dumbfounded. "You . . . You were?"
"Linn, I've always been a bit . . . disgusted by reproduction. Males, females, it's all the same to me, really."
"But you seem so fatherly."
"At the age of 18, I found a young boy, no older than four, living in an alleyway. Being kind of bored all alone, I decided to raise him as my own."
"And what happened then?"
"Oh, he's 11 now. Probably waiting for his adoptive father to come back."
"Well, I wish you the best of luck in terms of getting back alive."
"Thanks. You too."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Moola and Geoff sit in lawn chairs above a 12-feet canyon, staring at some of the privates goofing off. Moola sighs.
"Moola, have you seen that one private over there?" Geoff asks, pointing to a shadowy section where an older man is raising an AK-47 to his face, pointing it dead center at a target, and blasting it away with just one shot."
"Is he some sort of robot?"
"Doubt it. But he's sure precise, isn't he?"
Down below, Chuck can hear the slight murmers of the conversation Geoff and  Moola are having up above. And what they say chill him to the bone.
A robot . . . they know.
Chuck takes out a small pocket mirror and looks at himself in it. He stares at his right eye and right arm.
If they ever found out about my bionics, questions would be asked, and then what would I do? I need the money. And, no matter what it takes, I will get it.
Chuck goes back to shooting up targets.

Offline lavalinn

• Soldier
  • Tank
  • they gon pull up on you brrt brrt brrrt
  • Awards I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL For winning Avatar Wars - from greenrain For contributing to the Records board, can be earned for the most miniscule task - from Daniel ឵឵឵឵ For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Probe For eating bread - from LiamCreates Happy Birthday!  - from Miyu Makimura For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Jmc10 For participating in the Volare Challenge - from Kaynichiha
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2018, 10:23 PM »
Bye Felecia

Offline Meta KnighT

• ---->[ǝɹᴉɐuoᴉllᴉW]<----
  • Soldier
  • Koptr
  • #GetTrumped
  • Awards Nothing will stop this user from making great platformer games - from crystal For leaving great comments - from konnichiha For having an eye for good games - from Yugioh77 For Extensive Game making Knowledge - from konnichiha I WON TRIALS 3 CUZ I'M EPIC IN (2015)!! - from Liamnight For being a big help to the staff - from General Death For being a hardcore gamer to the max - from Matty For making inspiring physic puzzle maker games - from Rule
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2018, 12:52 AM »
This story seems to be missing a key character in it.

Offline chucky12

• Tank
  • .-_+
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2018, 01:15 AM »
Chapter 5: Invasive Robots

Felicia continues to slumber despite the fact that the morning is quickly turning into afternoon. However, she doesn't have much of a choice, for a gang of motorcycles wakes her up.
Still very tired, Felicia stumbles out of the tent. "Hey . . . whoevew you awe, could you keep it dowwn? I'm twying to sleep."
A motorcycle comes back, and grabs her with its right hand, before driving off.
Felicia screams, but when she opens her eyes and sees that nobody's driving, she screams even louder.
"HAWP! THE ROBOTIC AGENTS OF SATAN HAVE GOTTEN ME!"
The road grows bumpier and bumpier, causing Felicia to close her eyes tightly, or risk tears from the excessive sandstorms building up. Suddenly, Felicia hears a horse, and when she opens her eyes, both the man, Chuck, and the boy, Swede, are alongside the one motorcycle.
"Somebody's been watching too many movies."
Felicia rolls her eyes, but she is not prepared for the sudden blasting of the motorcycle, which transforms into a badly-damaged robot.
Felicia goes flying due to the explosion. Chuck grabs her midair, setting her right behind him. He then rides his horse faster at the oncoming army of robots, each a different shape, size, color (or colors), or all three.
"Are you insane?" Swede asks. "We're gonna be killed."
"Not unless I reenact that one scene from the Lion King."
"THIS ISN'T WATER BUFFALO WE'RE TALKING ABOUT!"
"Same concept, isn't it?"
Chuck rides into the crowd, and all the robots skirt around him due to their programming to survive, first and foremost. Most of the robots do, anyway. Those that don't are, for the most part, trampled to death. However, one robot is waiting at the end of the pack. It's a small, blue robot, and it's trembling severely, but it has a lethal, black laser gun in its right hand.
"Woah, girl!" Chuck says, stopping the horse. He gets down from the horse. The robot points the gun at Chuck. Something snaps yet again in the adult, and he starts to fight with the robot, causing a cloud of dust to obscure the battle. However, once the dust settles, Chuck is wiping his hands free of any dust, having clearly won. The blue robot sits on the ground, crying, its right leg bent and crumpled, and much of it scraped in one place or another.
Chuck sighs, picking it up.
"Why do you insist on saving every enemy you injure?" Swede asks, his tone pure curiosity and nothing else.
"I didn't save those robots."
"But you insist on saving this one."
"Because he's a kid. And, no matter who or what they might be, I will always attempt to save a kid."
Unbeknownst to the heroes, Geoff and Moola are way above, listening to the conversation unfold, Moola holding binoculars, which he is currently using on Chuck.
"Geoff, he's insisting on saving that robot. Are you sure he's not a threat?"
"He's not, or we would have seen him rescue the other robots. Moola, face it: the only thing wrong with him is those bionics. And his slight anger issues, but even I suffer from those."
"I hope you're right. I really hope you're right."
After a day of repairing and bandaging the robot, Chuck is about to leave and get some exercise, when suddenly Linn runs in.
"Chuck, drop everything and get ready to be on your best behavior. Geoff and Moola are here."
Indeed, the two figures walk in a few seconds later. Chuck salutes, shakes hands, and then they all sit down on stools.
"So, Chuck, we've seen your-"
"Splodeworthy," Linn pipes in, receiving glares from the three men in response.
"War-worthy skills. You have some good knowledge, too. Are you sure you weren't ever interested in war?"
"Nope. Just landed here for food on the table. Why?"
"Well, we would like you to join the Elites."
Chuck fell out of his stool. "T-the . . . THE ELITES?!? ARE YOU SPLODING CRAZY? HAVE TOO MANY GIRLS SPLODED YOU, AND NOW YOU'RE ENTIRELY INSANE?"
"I'm not insane," Geoff says. "I just know an opportunity when I see one. So, what do you say?" Geoff holds out his hand.
Chuck thinks on it for a minute.
"No. Not right now, anyway."
Geoff sighs. "Fine. You still have a chance to change your mind. Good day, Lieutenant Linn."
The two figures walk up a hill to a Stonehenge-style building, with a circle to boot. Inside the circle is some of the most famous Sploder members ever."
"What did he say?" Jasonhouse, or Jason, asks.
"He said no."
"He'll join us eventually," Checkthepan (Check) says.
"Let's talk statistics, Check," Yugi says.
"No. Statistics are sploding splode. I'd rather read."
Yugi glares and Maxliam. "You're worse than your brother, Tookewl."
"Thank you, dearest."
Yugi rolls his eyes in disgust.
Suddenly, a person in a yellow robe appears on a horse. He jumps off, and joins the group.
"Hey guys," Matthade2 (Matt) says. "Did I miss anything?"
"Nothing," Mat says. "Nothing at all."

Offline chucky12

• Tank
  • .-_+
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2018, 09:21 PM »
Chapter 6: Love at First Flight

She was locked up in an old house in the attic, Meta keeping an eye on her.
"LET ME GO!" Reina suddenly screamed.
"Nah."
"I'll tell Apod on you!"
"That gu-girl is swimming in her money right now, so she has no time to worry about little old YOU."
Meta laughs at the thought, before taking out a box of matches and lighting one. "Safe passage . . . TO THE DARK PLACE. AHAHAHAHAHAHA!" The match is thrown, and goes flying to where the window is.
Reina, being tied to a chair next to the window, jumps herself over to it, where sees Chuck and Lina below, arguing.
"Chuck, are you insane? Those robots nearly killed you! I'm not letting you keep that robot!"
"YOU KILL ROBROTO AND I'LL KILL YOU!"
Reina doubts she'll be able to call out, but decides to try anyway.
"HELP!"
Her faint call for help radiates Chuck's mechanism-connected ears.
Chuck looks up and sees her in the building, flames rising above her.
"HOLY FUDGE! I'M COMING!"
Without thinking, Chuck runs up the stairs, which are already being burned by the sudden hole in the attic floor. Up the twelve floors Chuck runs, until he gets to the locked room. He pushes his right arm against the door, and it goes flying, narrowly missing Reina. Chuck unties the girl and jumps out just as the building explodes.
Chuck lands safely, to the praise of the large crowd that suddenly built up. Linn isn't having any of it, however. She grabs Chuck and drags him away, leaving Reina to dust herself off and find a way to Chuck.
"Who are you really?" Linn asks Chuck when she has him in a lockable tent.
"I'm exactly who I say I am," Chuck says. "The only things that are different about me are those that haven't been mentioned."
"Like what?"
"I'm bionic. When my parents died in a tornado, well . . . I was swept up with it. However, I managed to survive, somehow."
"Oh. Very well. Keep doing what you're doing." Lina salutes Chuck, who returns the favor. However, just before Chuck is about to leave, Lina says something. "Also, Chuck, I saw how you looked into her eyes. Don't lie to me. You're in love, aren't you?"
"Yes. You wanted me, didn't you?"
Lina hesitates.
"Your hesitation is part of the reason I didn't choose you. Besides the fact you're underage. However, it's also because you think you're hot stuff. Oh well. You'll find love out there. Somewhere."
With that, Chuck leaves, allowing for Lina to stand in the cold air of the open tent.
"I'm telling you, Splatter, he's a cyborg," Meta says as him, Splatter and Master go for a walk.
"A cyborg?" Master stutters. "I . . . I don't know then. Let's drop it."
"No," Splatter says firmly.
"But-"
"MASTER, DO YOU WANT TO GO BACK OUT ON THE STREETS OR SOMETHING?"
Master looks down at the ground. However, what he says next even surprises himself. "No, I want to be treated like a person. Which is why I'm joining Chuck's army. He's recently split from the others and made his own."
"Can he do that, Geoff?" Moola asks.
"Only if he has my blessing."
"Will you give it?"
"I think I will."
The circle of figures walks off.

Offline chucky12

• Tank
  • .-_+
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2018, 09:51 PM »
Chapter 7: The Survivors

Chuck wakes up, sitting up slowly, and finds himself astonished at all the destruction before him.
"W . . . Where am I?" He asks himself. Then, he remembers. "LINN!"
No response. Next to him, some coughing can be heard. Chuck turns around and sees a blue hand sticking out. He carefully uncovers it and sees that it's still attached to Robroto, who's in one piece, minus a few scrapes and dents.
Suddenly, more coughing is heard, and a young boy stands up slowly. It's Swede.
"What happened? It looks like this was turned into a meteor crater."
"Worse. Atomic bomb."
"If that's true, then why am I alive?"
Chuck searches his partially-robotic brain. "The shelter!"
The shelter the group had hid in didn't work well, but it had provided enough protection for the three remaining survivors. Except that Chuck refused to believe it was just the three of them.
"IS ANYBODY ALIVE OUT THERE?"
Suddenly, three more soldiers carefully open a door. It's Jason, Yugi and Mat. They're holding a pistol to Master's head.
"This moron set us up."
Robroto shakes his head. Mat looks at the robot. "THEN WHO ELSE KILLED MOST OF OUR TROOPS?"
Robroto points to a body on the ground. Due to the massive explosion, it's indistinguishable, but Chuck throws up as soon as he realizes who it is.
"It's . . . Linn. But why?"
"Because I was supposed to die in her place. She had been behind the attacks. Every army that's fought you is the same. The armies aren't separate. Not anymore they aren't."
Chuck looks at Master. "But why get me into it?"
"She was the definition of a terrorist. She had hoped that she could eventually lure you to a tent and capture you and hold you for ransom, before beheading you."
"Wonderful. So, why did that fall through? Wasn't she supposed to live?"
"Well, she had thrown the bomb at me. I threw it back. A game of Hot Potato ensued, and she was the one that got burnt."
"How did you survive?"
"As soon as it was at five seconds, I ran as fast as I could. Thankfully, it wasn't atomic like you believed."
"But what about the shelter?"
"There was no shelter."
"Wha-"
"I think the blast scrambled your mind slightly."
Chuck nods, suddenly feeling the bionics repair themselves, and he remembers the full story. "Well, thanks to her, some innocent children are dead. As are most of our troops."
"And any heads. Geoff and Moola were in the room with her when they were tied up. Master, being the moron that he was, didn't bother trying to save them."
"First of all, they told me to run. Second of all, five seconds wasn't enough time to get them untied. I would have died if I hadn't ran."
"He's right, Yugi," Chuck says, holding Robroto in his arms; the robot is clearly asleep. "We have to just wait and hope for the best."
"Or we can fight and win this flipping war."
Chuck turns to see the one girl again.
"Hello. I never got to introduce myself. I'm Reina."
"C-Chuck."
"Hello, Chuck. So, you're a reporter?"
"Yeah. Why?"
Reina looks down. "Bad news. I heard that there's been enemy strikes everywhere. Entire towns and cities have been destroyed. Few continents remain untouched. Your town has been obliterated."
Chuck sinks to his knees.
"You're out of a job."
"I know. Which is why I'm gonna destroy this scum, or die trying. How many of us are left?"
"We're the only ones left in this group. Meaning that we're the ones who're gonna have to rebuild."
"Fine. Do whatever it takes," Chuck says. "So, who's gonna be the new commanding officer?"
Everyone looks at Chuck.
"Wha . . . Yugi, Mat, don't you have leadership experience?"
They shake their heads. "All we did was talk and party. Ever since we graduated from Soldier, we've been, more or less, on peace missions. However, now that the founder of Sploder has tragically died, we must rebuild, and you're the only person whose still got enough skill."
Chuck looks down at the ground. "Fine. I'll do it. When do I began training?"

Tags: