collapse

Stories Untold

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: SHOW UP AND SPEAK OUT FOR NET NEUTRALITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [IMPORTANT]  (Read 1110 times)

Offline Bolsillos

• The Bohobemeister
  • Koptr
  • Don't be a hater, be a tater!
  • Awards For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Epicosaurus For being loveable - from Epicosaurus Happy Birthday! - from Epicosaurus For users who participated a lot in the Who Killed Superluigi gameshow. - from Alon I got 2nd place for Slaughter! W00T!!! - from Liamnight Productions For participating in the ZSG - from Spookie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
https://actionnetwork.org/forms/show-up-and-speak-out-for-net-neutrality
https://www.battleforthenet.com/july12/

Screw it I'm leaving this thread unlocked. This is a serious matter. This will affect every single one of us. At least click the damn links and read everything.

No off topic posts.

Net neutrality isn't a privacy concern, losing net neutrality means the ISPs get to control what websites you'll be able to visit.
(Thank you Shady for saying that.)
Thanks: Sports­, Epicosaurus, Sticki, Shady, 44lifedollars, pepperedSteak, Baysha
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 02:16 AM by Bolsillos »

That's what Bohobes look like.

Sherlock Holmes from Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 (Ace Attorney)

Offline Lobert

• The Archon
  • [Punishment] Banned
  • Disruptor
  • Awards For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Joji For being a good forum member - from Jammyt2 For participating in the Trials II Gameshow - from liamnight For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Joji Thanks for being judges! - from Spookie For achieving over 1000 thanks, well done! - from Ripto :D - from Liamnight Productions 3rd place in Debate Tower Tourney! Debating is my cup of tea! - from Netshark
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Show up and speak out for net neutrality!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 06:45 PM »
Sing me that Sonic theme song again, and maybe I'll consider it.

The whole issue for net neutrality is pretty serious, even [a website associated with adult content] got involved. (Which for me, constitutes as serious).
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 06:57 PM by Lobert »
"Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Offline sticki

• Soldier
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • I Gots To Ball
  • Awards Awarded to those who consistently and prominently advertise the site! - from liamnight Granted to users who provide a solid description for a Hall of Fame inductee - from Joji You've earned three features! Nice job! - from Yugioh77 For entering Jayk's soundcloud contest - from konnichiha Highly prized and rare! - from Epicosaurus For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Epicosaurus For making inspiring physic puzzle maker games - from Epicosaurus Award given for being an alt. (You don't want this!) - from Jammyt2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
It's not serious lol they put their names on that list for the publicity. Also, this won't stop anything. We've never had privacy to begin with.

Offline Lobert

• The Archon
  • [Punishment] Banned
  • Disruptor
  • Awards For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Joji For being a good forum member - from Jammyt2 For participating in the Trials II Gameshow - from liamnight For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Joji Thanks for being judges! - from Spookie For achieving over 1000 thanks, well done! - from Ripto :D - from Liamnight Productions 3rd place in Debate Tower Tourney! Debating is my cup of tea! - from Netshark
    • View Profile
    • Awards
It's not serious lol they put their names on that list for the publicity. Also, this won't stop anything. We've never had privacy to begin with.

:(

Hey, well it worked. I've already visited their website ten times today.
"Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Offline Dcxd

• The True
  • Mainsite Office Employee
  • Guard
  • it was funny until i said it
  • Awards sghdfh - from benisawesome7 :D For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Jmc10 For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from konnichiha For participating in the Volare Challenge - from Kaynichiha Happy Birthday! - from J0ji
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Hey if it means that I get to keep the multiple parts of my identity separate then hell yeah
> baysha was my 1000th thanker <

Offline liamnight

• [Staff] General
  • Bugmeister
  • Awards For being voted as the staff of the month - from Jmc10 For having an eye for good games - from Yugioh77 An award to all your great help, War Veteran - from Epicosaurus Voted best forum staff of July 2015. - from Liamnight!(• ◡•) Eat butter. Love butter. Butter is life. - from liamnight A member with this award now has a liamnight pony. Feed him fried peanut butter, - from liamnight For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Hivetyrantofawesome For reaching the rank 'General' - from Hivetyrantofawesome
    • View Profile
    • Awards
i signed up
FOLLOW ME ON IG @LIAMCREATES

Offline Shady

• St.Pepsi
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • ~Suicidal Mystic~
  • Awards For entering Jayk's soundcloud contest - from J0ji For being a part of the jury in the 2017 3rd Music Contest. Thank you for your h - from Joji You've earned three features! Nice job! - from benisawesome7 :D Granted to users who provide a solid description for a Hall of Fame inductee - from Joji Happy Birthday! - from Yugioh77 sad - from konnichiha This is a regular gold award that was brought up in a rough neighborhood. - from konnichiha For being an active and talented debater - from J0ji
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Net neutrality isn't a privacy concern, losing net neutrality means the ISPs get to control what websites you'll be able to visit.

Reviewer
Reviewer Recruiter
3 Features
MOTY Best Debater 2016

Offline Dcxd

• The True
  • Guard
  • it was funny until i said it
  • Awards sghdfh - from benisawesome7 :D For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Jmc10 For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from konnichiha For participating in the Volare Challenge - from Kaynichiha Happy Birthday! - from J0ji
    • View Profile
    • Awards

god splodeing damn it
> baysha was my 1000th thanker <

Offline Bolsillos

• The Bohobemeister
  • Koptr
  • Awards For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Epicosaurus For being loveable - from Epicosaurus Happy Birthday! - from Epicosaurus For users who participated a lot in the Who Killed Superluigi gameshow. - from Alon I got 2nd place for Slaughter! W00T!!! - from Liamnight Productions For participating in the ZSG - from Spookie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Ahem. Well, it looks like I need to bump this.

Offline Bolsillos

• The Bohobemeister
  • Koptr
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Today's the day. July 12, 2017.

Here we go.

Offline sticki

• Soldier
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • I Gots To Ball
  • Awards Awarded to those who consistently and prominently advertise the site! - from liamnight Granted to users who provide a solid description for a Hall of Fame inductee - from Joji You've earned three features! Nice job! - from Yugioh77 For entering Jayk's soundcloud contest - from konnichiha Highly prized and rare! - from Epicosaurus For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Epicosaurus For making inspiring physic puzzle maker games - from Epicosaurus Award given for being an alt. (You don't want this!) - from Jammyt2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Today's the day. July 12, 2017.

Here we go.
Did my own research, found a workaround that may eventually be possible down the road. Check this out: https://nycmesh.net/

Offline Death

• Brogood God
  • [Staff] General
  • Centipede
  • Crawl like a worm before you walk like a God
  • Awards Fed upon countless victims. 2015 - from Count Dracula For being a great game artist - from JJS For leaving great comments - from Tbremise For reaching the rank 'Lieutenant', quite an accomplishment there - from Elroy For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from tommy123 For reaching the rank 'General' - from Parry For being voted as the staff of the month - from Jmc10 You won 1st Place in Demon's roasting contest! - from Alonessix
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I sent a letter

Offline sticki

• Soldier
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • I Gots To Ball
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I sent a letter
I called.... Check. Mate.

Offline Bolsillos

• The Bohobemeister
  • Koptr
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Oh hey this got pinned! Thank you, staff members!

~~~~

EDIT: 8:38 PM EST July 12, 2017: This is my second thread to get pinned. My first thread was that thread where 100 different members posted because they wanted to see photos of me.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 12:58 PM by Bolsillos »

Offline tobestertobes

• Tank
  • Avid Geek
  • Awards For achieving 2nd place in the 2017 3rd Music Contest. Congratulations! - from Joji A souvenir for taking part in the 2017 3rd Music Contest. Thanks! - from Joji For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Jmc10 Happy Birthday! - from JJS
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I'm not entirely sure how this affects people in other countries...
If anybody wants a chat, feel free to shoot me a PM ;)

Reviewer Achieved 18/06/16

Offline sticki

• Soldier
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • I Gots To Ball
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I'm not entirely sure how this affects people in other countries...
It doesn't

Offline sticki

• Soldier
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • I Gots To Ball
    • View Profile
    • Awards
A meshnet with long point to point links is an option. Hell, even a technician class license for HAM radio allows for data transmission across the entire US.

Look at this sub: https://www.reddit.com/r/darknetplan/

Offline Megaman4540

• Cruiser
  • Hey im megaman
  • Awards For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Jmc10
    • View Profile
    • Awards
-- quote --
A meshnet with long point to point links is an option. Hell, even a technician class license for HAM radio allows for data transmission across the entire US.

Look at this sub: https://www.reddit.com/r/darknetplan/
-- end quote --
meshnet is a good idea if were loosing net neutrality, but if it gets worse we can just use a vpn .
although romania isnt affected at this moment by net neutrality loss, but it could be in the future

Offline sticki

• Soldier
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • I Gots To Ball
    • View Profile
    • Awards
meshnet is a good idea if were loosing net neutrality, but if it gets worse we can just use a vpn .
although romania isnt affected at this moment by net neutrality loss, but it could be in the future
VPNs wouldn't work, because you're using the VPN on the ISPs network. There aren't any workarounds when you're trying to bypass the foundation of how you receive your internet. Also, this only affects people in the United States.

Offline Sports­

• Is this the real life
  • Centipede
  • Is this just fantasy
  • Awards For participating in the Trials II Gameshow - from liamnight For being quick to the punch - from liamnight For participating in the holiday fun in 2013 - from Jammyt2 Happy Birthday! - from Dudki For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Lt. Death I guessed the correct winner for Trials 2012! - from liamnight For participating in the A souvenir for taking part in the 2017 3rd Music Contest. Thanks! - from Joji
    • View Profile
    • Awards
it saddens me that this is one of the few fused threads that is legitimately important to society and only has three thanks.
Caught in a landslide
No escape from reality...

Offline YellowWaffle

• Remove Kebab
  • Reverser
  • I'm back, hello again.
  • Awards For entering Jayk's soundcloud contest - from konnichiha For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from crystal For completing the Volare Challenge - from konnichiha For participating in the Volare Challenge - from konnichiha You've earned three features! Nice job! - from Epicosaurus For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Epicosaurus Happy Birthday! - from J0ji
    • View Profile
    • Awards
You know when Trump got elected, Americans crashed the Canadian immigration site, because they wanted to leave the country.

Lets just leave Net Neutrality alone and don't allow ISPs to control what websites Americans can see and prevent what happened when he got elected. America will lose 20% of its population again if NET NEUTRALITY gets removed.

Credit to LMXOrange ^

500th thanker: Bobby

Offline WildZoo

• Reverser
  • Ur Bored As BRILL! 17yr Old Animal Guy
  • Awards Happy Birthday! - from Alon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I thought net neutrality had to do with people neutralizing poor aquatic animals in nets.
It would have been great if everyone stood up to stop that but ehh I guess people don't care about there planets these days.

at this rate by 2052 earth will be Identical to mars but with heaps of garbage and rotted buildings. 
🐾🐶 🐱 🐭 🐹 🐰 🐻 🐼 🐨 🐯 🐒 🐮 🐷 🐸 🐙 🐵 🐔 🐧 🐦 🐤 🐥 🐺 🐗 🐴 🐝 🐌 🐞 🐜 🐍 🐢 🐠 🐟 🐡 😺🐬 🐳 🐫 🐘 🐑 🐎 🐩 🐾

Offline Mountainmonkey1

• Magnet
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: SHOW UP AND SPEAK OUT FOR NET NEUTRALITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2017, 11:56 PM »
-- quote --
i signed up
-- end quote --
I would, but that would mean I couldn't use my computer that day, and I don't want to do that.

Offline Bolsillos

• The Bohobemeister
  • Koptr
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: SHOW UP AND SPEAK OUT FOR NET NEUTRALITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2017, 12:12 AM »
-- quote --
i signed up
-- end quote --
I would, but that would mean I couldn't use my computer that day, and I don't want to do that.
July 12th, 2017 already happened.

Tags: