collapse

Stories Untold

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: EGD 11 Official Thread  (Read 3404 times)

Offline Lordeldar

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • Awards For having an eye for good games - from Yugioh77 For placing 4th-10th in the overall category for EGD 9! - from Matty ;) Winner in the Annual Music Contest 2015 - from Spookie Voted best lieutenant of 2014 - from Spookie Survived Freddy Krueger 2014 - from General Death No disintegrations - from General Death Woah, you have earned 20 features. Someone is an expert.  - from lordeldar For being a good forum member - from Princess Matty
    • View Profile
    • Awards
EGD 11 Official Thread
« on: April 23, 2017, 04:21 PM »
Hosted by Lordeldar...

It's that time of year again! Every summer, game creators of Sploder come together to create the best games they possibly can. The games are all released together as part of Epic Game Drop (EGD) and judged by an expert panel, with prizes given to the best games. The games you see above you are games from past EGDs. Maybe you could release the next Quest Zone, or Rainy Nights.

All games must be published on July 11th 2017 (Not before, not after), and judged in the following days. Every game will be looked at by the judges and have a high chance of getting featured. Judges will have to give reasons for not featuring games unlike in past years, to make sure that not featuring games is justified, as there have been issues in the past with games not being featured. As well as this, every game will receive a comment from judges to give feedback, and hopefully every game will get reviewed. Unlike past EGDs, EGD 11 will use a judging system that will be consistent, so a game will not beat another game in 1 category, only to lose to it in a different one. If you cannot release your game on July 11th send me a PM and we will sort something out.

Sign-ups will begin on 1st May 2017. Users can release 1 game on their own, and as many collabs as they wish.

Awards will be given to the following categories:
Overall
Creators (Platformer, Shooter, Algorithm, PPG, Arcade)
Public Vote
Amateur (3 features or less, with 0 EGL games)
Solo game (1 person worked on the making of the game, graphics can be made by another user)
Collab game (2 or more people worked on the making of the game)

As well as me, I have chosen a committee to discuss ideas to make this EGD as epic as it can possibly be. These will also be your judges, they are:

Lordeldar

Matty

Epicosaurus

Moolatycoon

Meta Knight

Spellmage

Tbremise

You can now submit your games here!
Thanks: etxbear, sto4, Master, Enigma, bestatgames9, shadythecreator, swedenplatformge, FirePhoenix21XT, robo, lavalinn, jigglypuff12345, simpletext, wordigirl, deion789, Joji, Loaf­, pepperedSteak, Proxy, YellowWaffle, flump, Fire-Pinch, bobbymental
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 08:53 AM by Lordeldar »

Achievements:
43 features (46 including collabs)
MSM
Reviewer
Editor
Soldier (Ex-Lt)
100,000+ Views
Voted best Private 2011
Voted best MSM 2012 and 2013
Voted best Lieutenant 2014

Offline goldoptimus

• Soldier
  • Guard
  • 'Zonin'
  • Awards For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Joji For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Jmc10 For participating in Sploderians Of The Storm. - from konnichiha For entering Jayk's soundcloud contest - from konnichiha For being a big help to the staff - from Epicosaurus For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Lt. Ripto Happy Birthday! - from Cortez250
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: EGD 11 Official Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 04:22 PM »
woah! this just came out of nowhere!

Offline flump

• Facemelter
  • [Punishment] Banned
  • Tank
  • Don't Make Me Take My Face Off
  • Awards For being voted as the member of the month - from crystal For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Jmc10
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 04:27 PM »
You'll be glad to know we may be implementing some... interesting prizes this year.

Offline Swedenplatformge

• Tank
  • Be an artist in your own unique way and achieve
  • Awards For placing 3rd in the Collaborations category for EGD 9! - from Matty ;) For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Jmc10 For leaving great comments - from Moolatycoon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 04:48 PM »
I have a question; what time zone counts for the deadline of EDG11? I know that I'm 6 hours ahead of NYC.

Offline Master

• EveryBody's Favorite
  • Mainsite Office Employee
  • Disruptor
  • UNICORNZ!
  • Awards You've earned three features! Nice job! - from konnichiha For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Ripto Voted weirdest member of 2014 - from Spookie For being a good forum member - from Myown For leaving great comments - from Moolatycoon For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Moolatycoon For trying your very best! - from Spookie Eat butter. Love butter. Butter is life. - from liamnight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 04:50 PM »
This should be the 10 year anniversary of EGD actually.

Offline Lordeldar

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • Awards For having an eye for good games - from Yugioh77 For placing 4th-10th in the overall category for EGD 9! - from Matty ;) Winner in the Annual Music Contest 2015 - from Spookie Voted best lieutenant of 2014 - from Spookie Survived Freddy Krueger 2014 - from General Death No disintegrations - from General Death Woah, you have earned 20 features. Someone is an expert.  - from lordeldar For being a good forum member - from Princess Matty
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 04:55 PM »
I have a question; what time zone counts for the deadline of EDG11? I know that I'm 6 hours ahead of NYC.
All timezones count
This should be the 10 year anniversary of EGD actually.
Yeah but for some reason this is the 11th one, I wasn't around in the first few years so idk maybe there was 2 one year

Achievements:
MSM
Reviewer
Editor
Soldier (Ex-Lt)
100,000+ Views
Voted best Private 2011

Online Shady

• St.Pepsi
  • Tank
  • lions don't watch tv
  • Awards For entering Jayk's soundcloud contest - from J0ji For being a part of the jury in the 2017 3rd Music Contest. Thank you for your h - from Joji You've earned three features! Nice job! - from benisawesome7 :D Granted to users who provide a solid description for a Hall of Fame inductee - from Joji Happy Birthday! - from Yugioh77 sad - from konnichiha This is a regular gold award that was brought up in a rough neighborhood. - from konnichiha For being an active and talented debater - from J0ji
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2017, 04:56 PM »
All timezones countYeah but for some reason this is the 11th one, I wasn't around in the first few years so idk maybe there was 2 one year
2007 - 1
2008 - 2
2009 - 3
2010 - 4
2011 - 5
2012 - 6
2013 - 7
2014 - 8
2015 - 9
2016 - 10
2017 - 11
Reviewer
Reviewer Recruiter
3 Features
MOTY Best Debater 2016

Offline Master

• EveryBody's Favorite
  • Disruptor
  • UNICORNZ!
  • Awards You've earned three features! Nice job! - from konnichiha For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Ripto Voted weirdest member of 2014 - from Spookie For being a good forum member - from Myown For leaving great comments - from Moolatycoon For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Moolatycoon For trying your very best! - from Spookie Eat butter. Love butter. Butter is life. - from liamnight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2017, 04:57 PM »
All timezones countYeah but for some reason this is the 11th one, I wasn't around in the first few years so idk maybe there was 2 one year
Yeah, I talked with older members about it a couple years ago. They told me the first 2 EGDs were in the same year. Apparently at the time they were thinking of doing it in 1/2 years instead of annual.

Offline Master

• EveryBody's Favorite
  • Disruptor
  • UNICORNZ!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2017, 04:58 PM »
2007 - 1
2008 - 2
2009 - 3
2010 - 4
2011 - 5
2012 - 6
2013 - 7
2014 - 8
2015 - 9
2016 - 10
2017 - 11
The forums came out in 2008.

Online Shady

• St.Pepsi
  • Tank
  • lions don't watch tv
  • Awards For entering Jayk's soundcloud contest - from J0ji For being a part of the jury in the 2017 3rd Music Contest. Thank you for your h - from Joji You've earned three features! Nice job! - from benisawesome7 :D Granted to users who provide a solid description for a Hall of Fame inductee - from Joji Happy Birthday! - from Yugioh77 sad - from konnichiha This is a regular gold award that was brought up in a rough neighborhood. - from konnichiha For being an active and talented debater - from J0ji
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2017, 05:00 PM »
Reviewer
Reviewer Recruiter
3 Features
MOTY Best Debater 2016

Offline Master

• EveryBody's Favorite
  • Disruptor
  • UNICORNZ!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2017, 05:05 PM »
whats this then
I dont know.

Well regardless, EGD still first came out in 2008.

Offline Lordeldar

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2017, 05:12 PM »
2007 - 1
2008 - 2
2009 - 3
2010 - 4
2011 - 5
2012 - 6
2013 - 7
2014 - 8
2015 - 9
2016 - 10
2017 - 11
Or I can't count  ::)):

Achievements:
MSM
Reviewer
Editor
Soldier (Ex-Lt)
100,000+ Views
Voted best Private 2011

Offline Master

• EveryBody's Favorite
  • Disruptor
  • UNICORNZ!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2017, 07:15 PM »
Or I can't count  ::)):
You're still right. This is the 10th year for EGD. Since EGD has started in 2008.

Offline M11d

• Soldier
  • Tank
  • A flawed people cannot create a perfect society.
  • Awards For being an active and talented debater - from J0ji For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Epicosaurus
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2017, 07:36 PM »
You're still right. This is the 10th year for EGD. Since EGD has started in 2008.
Then why did we have EGD 10 last year?

Offline Master

• EveryBody's Favorite
  • Disruptor
  • UNICORNZ!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2017, 07:37 PM »
Then why did we have EGD 10 last year?
EGD 1 and 2 were both in 2008.

Offline Enigma

• Steve Harvey
  • Soldier
  • Koptr
  • Epic
  • Awards We don't exist. - from Budz Awarded to those who consistently and prominently advertise the site! - from liamnight Gangnam Style Award - from konnichiha You've earned three features! Nice job! - from J0ji For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Epicosaurus Happy Birthday! - from Budz I won Slaughter Gameshow. Fear me! - from Liamnight Productions Eat butter. Love butter. Butter is life. - from liamnight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2017, 08:07 PM »
Wow, nice! I'll try to start working on something in June.

Offline lavalinn

• Guard
  • When anime girls👧 have them cakes🎂 boi😋
  • Awards For eating bread - from LiamCreates Happy Birthday!  - from Miyu Makimura For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Jmc10 For participating in the Volare Challenge - from Kaynichiha For completing the Volare Challenge - from Kaynichiha You've earned three features! Nice job! - from konnichiha
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2017, 09:30 PM »
Wow, nice! I'll try to start working on something in June.
bOI I'm working rn.

Offline Jigglypuff

• Sock Electronics
  • Tank
  • EVERYBODY LIKES TO JIGGLE
  • Awards For achieving over 1000 thanks, well done! - from Mikano For being a great game artist - from Joji For making inspiring physic puzzle maker games - from Joji For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from crystal Happy Birthday! - from Epicosaurus
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2017, 12:37 AM »
I better get working on something.

Offline Sports­

• Is this the real life
  • Centipede
  • Is this just fantasy
  • Awards For participating in the Trials II Gameshow - from liamnight For being quick to the punch - from liamnight For participating in the holiday fun in 2013 - from Jammyt2 Happy Birthday! - from Dudki For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Lt. Death I guessed the correct winner for Trials 2012! - from liamnight For participating in the A souvenir for taking part in the 2017 3rd Music Contest. Thanks! - from Joji
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2017, 12:51 AM »
I'm probably going to do a last minute entry, I'm busy working on a bunch of projects, but I'll try to release something, probably won't be any of my cool games I have in process atm though.
Caught in a landslide
No escape from reality...

firepinch

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2017, 08:14 AM »
So I can start making a game now and then publish it on the 11th?

Online Mikano

• panzer vor
  • [Staff] Lieutenant
  • The Player
  • Awards  An award for making truly epic games - from rule60 For being voted as the staff of the month - from Joji Granted to users who provide a solid description for a Hall of Fame inductee - from Joji For being voted as the member of the month - from Jmc10 You've earned twenty features! Nice job! - from Yugioh77 For having an eye for good games - from Yugioh77 For reaching the rank 'Lieutenant', quite an accomplishment there - from Jmc10 For being an active and talented debater - from J0ji
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2017, 08:20 AM »
Yes

Offline Megaman4540

• Cruiser
  • Hey im megaman
  • Awards For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Jmc10
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2017, 08:42 AM »
I have just enough time to make a game for egd 11 , since i dont make too many games on the ms anyway , most of them are unfinished

Offline YellowWaffle

• Remove Kebab
  • Reverser
  • I'm back, hello again.
  • Awards For entering Jayk's soundcloud contest - from konnichiha For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from crystal For completing the Volare Challenge - from konnichiha For participating in the Volare Challenge - from konnichiha You've earned three features! Nice job! - from Epicosaurus For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Epicosaurus Happy Birthday! - from J0ji
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2017, 12:40 PM »
Ho Ho Ho, Hyped for this. Gonna start workin'.

Credit to LMXOrange ^

500th thanker: Bobby

Offline Lordeldar

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2017, 01:12 PM »
Yes, signups will begin on May 1st, however I thought I'd post this a bit earlier to give people a chance to think

Achievements:
MSM
Reviewer
Editor
Soldier (Ex-Lt)
100,000+ Views
Voted best Private 2011

firepinch

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2017, 01:23 PM »
Yes, signups will begin on May 1st, however I thought I'd post this a bit earlier to give people a chance to think

I got my idea. Also, there's a grammar error up there.

Offline Eldar

• Guard
  • we are number one is still relevant
  • Awards For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Jmc10 For participating in Sploderians Of The Storm. - from konnichiha Happy Birthday! - from Epicosaurus Award given for being an alt. (You don't want this!) - from Epicosaurus
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2017, 02:58 PM »
Hoping for Amateur award at the least
so many people have features ;-;
[/url]

Offline YellowWaffle

• Remove Kebab
  • Reverser
  • I'm back, hello again.
  • Awards For entering Jayk's soundcloud contest - from konnichiha For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from crystal For completing the Volare Challenge - from konnichiha For participating in the Volare Challenge - from konnichiha You've earned three features! Nice job! - from Epicosaurus For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Epicosaurus Happy Birthday! - from J0ji
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2017, 05:24 PM »
Quick question.
Do all the feature worthy games released on the EGD, get featured on the same day/at the same time or do the games get featured one by one over time?

Credit to LMXOrange ^

500th thanker: Bobby

Offline Sports­

• Is this the real life
  • Centipede
  • Is this just fantasy
  • Awards For participating in the Trials II Gameshow - from liamnight For being quick to the punch - from liamnight For participating in the holiday fun in 2013 - from Jammyt2 Happy Birthday! - from Dudki For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Lt. Death I guessed the correct winner for Trials 2012! - from liamnight For participating in the A souvenir for taking part in the 2017 3rd Music Contest. Thanks! - from Joji
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2017, 06:03 PM »

How late can we sign up? I'll probably sign up pretty late into this like maybe a couple days or so.
Caught in a landslide

Offline Master

• EveryBody's Favorite
  • Disruptor
  • UNICORNZ!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2017, 07:36 PM »
Quick question.
Do all the feature worthy games released on the EGD, get featured on the same day/at the same time or do the games get featured one by one over time?
One by one over time, if they get featured in less than two days, then it would be a clustersplode!

Offline Sports­

• Is this the real life
  • Centipede
  • Is this just fantasy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2017, 07:37 PM »
One by one over time, if they get featured in less than two days, then it would be a clustersplode!

Not exactly, thats close but they don't get featured one by one they usually get featured in groups like 3-4 per day.
Caught in a landslide

Tags: