collapse

Stories Untold

Author Topic: We NEED some sort of Sploder game making competition  (Read 1508 times)

Offline theundead101

• Tank
  • Awards For being a good forum member - from Matty For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Matty Happy Birthday! - from Alonessix
    • View Profile
    • Awards
We NEED some sort of Sploder game making competition
« on: January 29, 2017, 08:27 AM »
I mean I'd revive SGE again but you all know how that went. I'm just not suited to host that. I'd much rather just be a part of it instead of being the one who runs it. I wish Troyio would start SGE again. That was a lot of fun and motivated me to finish my games.
I'll give you a nickle if you tickle my pickle.

Offline flump

• Facemelter
  • [Punishment] Banned
  • Tank
  • Don't Make Me Take My Face Off
  • Awards For being voted as the member of the month - from crystal For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Jmc10
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: We NEED some sort of Sploder game making competition
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 08:35 AM »
I started a small one but I didn't have good enough prizes to incentivize entries and ended up with 0 entries. But Konni and Matt were judges, which sounds like a neat roster to me. We need like a Lt+ to start like monthly game competitions or something.

Offline unovi

• Phantasmal Percussionist
  • Soldier
  • Tank
  • Awards For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Joji DON'T BULLY!!!!!!!!!!!! - from Kaynichiha For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Epicosaurus For achieving over 1000 thanks, well done! - from Epicosaurus Award given for being an alt. (You don't want this!) - from Epicosaurus For being a good forum member - from YoungCaliman Happy Birthday! - from Epicosaurus
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 08:46 AM »

Offline theundead101

• Tank
  • Awards For being a good forum member - from Matty For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Matty Happy Birthday! - from Alonessix
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 08:46 AM »
I started a small one but I didn't have good enough prizes to incentivize entries and ended up with 0 entries. But Konni and Matt were judges, which sounds like a neat roster to me. We need like a Lt+ to start like monthly game competitions or something.
I mean if it were up to me, we'd revive SGE or make a new one that is exactly like SGE or at least similar to it.

What I liked about SGE is that each team releases their games monthly, you still aren't forced to publish a game each month, But you feel extremely motivated to finish your games and make them the best they can be so you can score some points for your team.

Offline flump

• Facemelter
  • [Punishment] Banned
  • Tank
  • Awards For being voted as the member of the month - from crystal For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Jmc10
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 08:48 AM »
I mean if it were up to me, we'd revive SGE or make a new one that is exactly like SGE or at least similar to it.

What I liked about SGE is that each team releases their games monthly, you still aren't forced to publish a game each month, But you feel extremely motivated to finish your games and make them the best they can be so you can score some points for your team.
Sorry, I wasn't around during this SGE stuff, sounds pretty dope though. So who's gonna revive it for us?

Offline Master

• EveryBody's Favorite
  • Mainsite Office Employee
  • Disruptor
  • :8-/
  • Awards You've earned five features! Nice job! - from Mikano You've earned three features! Nice job! - from konnichiha For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Ripto Voted weirdest member of 2014 - from Spookie For being a good forum member - from Myown For leaving great comments - from Moolatycoon For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Moolatycoon For trying your very best! - from Spookie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2017, 11:46 AM »
It's called EGD.

Offline theundead101

• Tank
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2017, 12:22 PM »
It's called EGD.
Something that doesn't happen yearly.

Offline Sports­

• Is this the real life
  • Centipede
  • Is this just fantasy
  • Awards For participating in the Trials II Gameshow - from liamnight For being quick to the punch - from liamnight For participating in the holiday fun in 2013 - from Jammyt2 Happy Birthday! - from Dudki For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Lt. Death I guessed the correct winner for Trials 2012! - from liamnight For participating in the I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2017, 03:49 PM »
Do we really need one at this time of year?
Caught in a landslide
No escape from reality...

Offline Articuno­

• I don't do mornings
  • *Blue Team*
  • Guard
  • Do not drink and drive!
  • Awards Beware The Parry Award! - from ur mom. You've earned ten features! Nice job! - from Probe Nothing will stop this user from making great platformer games - from Ayano For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Jmc10 You ain't got nuthin' on me. - from Joji You've earned five features! Nice job! - from konnichiha For participating in the Volare Challenge - from konnichiha For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Epicosaurus
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2017, 04:05 PM »
Do we really need one at this time of year?
Why not?

ffs when you notice a typo in a PM you write but it's too late to fix kfuwbrg

Offline Sports­

• Is this the real life
  • Centipede
  • Is this just fantasy
  • Awards For participating in the Trials II Gameshow - from liamnight For being quick to the punch - from liamnight For participating in the holiday fun in 2013 - from Jammyt2 Happy Birthday! - from Dudki For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Lt. Death I guessed the correct winner for Trials 2012! - from liamnight For participating in the I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2017, 04:13 PM »
Why not?

If you start a competition now you have to give them an adequate time to make a game, say 2-3 months, by that time it's april-march and there isn't much a break between egd and this hypothetical competition, as most people start there games in april - may some even earlier.
Caught in a landslide

Offline Articuno­

• I don't do mornings
  • *Blue Team*
  • Guard
  • Awards Beware The Parry Award! - from ur mom. You've earned ten features! Nice job! - from Probe Nothing will stop this user from making great platformer games - from Ayano For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Jmc10 You ain't got nuthin' on me. - from Joji You've earned five features! Nice job! - from konnichiha For participating in the Volare Challenge - from konnichiha For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Epicosaurus
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2017, 04:17 PM »

If you start a competition now you have to give them an adequate time to make a game, say 2-3 months, by that time it's april-march and there isn't much a break between egd and this hypothetical competition, as most people start there games in april - may some even earlier.
Well yeah that's fair enough, but why can't EGD possibly happen later?

Offline Sports­

• Is this the real life
  • Centipede
  • Is this just fantasy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2017, 05:06 PM »
Well yeah that's fair enough, but why can't EGD possibly happen later?

Well EGD usually happens in July, and it's sort of tradition by this point.
Caught in a landslide

Offline Articuno­

• I don't do mornings
  • *Blue Team*
  • Guard
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2017, 05:22 PM »

Well EGD usually happens in July, and it's sort of tradition by this point.
I suppose..

Offline theundead101

• Tank
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2017, 08:55 PM »
Well some of us don't feel like waiting for EGD.

Offline Master

• EveryBody's Favorite
  • Disruptor
  • Awards You've earned five features! Nice job! - from Mikano You've earned three features! Nice job! - from konnichiha For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Ripto Voted weirdest member of 2014 - from Spookie For being a good forum member - from Myown For leaving great comments - from Moolatycoon For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Moolatycoon For trying your very best! - from Spookie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2017, 09:26 PM »
Well some of us don't feel like waiting for EGD.
But the point of EGD is to unnecessarily wait for it.  ::(:

Offline Articuno­

• I don't do mornings
  • *Blue Team*
  • Guard
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2017, 11:12 AM »
But the point of EGD is to unnecessarily wait for it.  ::(:
What annoys me is the fact that Light Tower was denied a feature nearly half a year ago but you are still willing to get down on your knees and beg for an editor to feature it. Instead of whining about your heartbreak, why don't you start a new game where you use all the feedback you have been given to expand your abilities in game making? Just let it go.

Offline Shady/Melinda

• Suicidal Mystic
  • [Punishment] Banned
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • Sultan of Sploder
  • Awards For having an eye for good games - from KNI You've earned three features! Nice job! - from benisawesome7 :D For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Epicosaurus For contributing to the Records board, can be earned for the most miniscule task - from b i g b o y For being a part of the jury in the 2017 3rd Music Contest. Thank you for your h - from Joji Granted to users who provide a solid description for a Hall of Fame inductee - from Joji Happy Birthday! - from Yugioh77 For entering Jayk's soundcloud contest - from J0ji
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2017, 11:25 AM »
If you guys wanna have a game competition, do something original. For example, I did the 48 hour game challenge. Come up with splode like that if you wanna make a good competition.
In my mind, I seek nothing but letting go
In my soul, everything is so cold
But in my heart, I just don't know

Offline unovi

• Soldier
  • Tank
  • Awards For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Joji DON'T BULLY!!!!!!!!!!!! - from Kaynichiha For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Epicosaurus For achieving over 1000 thanks, well done! - from Epicosaurus Award given for being an alt. (You don't want this!) - from Epicosaurus For being a good forum member - from YoungCaliman Happy Birthday! - from Epicosaurus
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2017, 11:40 AM »
If you guys wanna have a game competition, do something original. For example, I did the 48 hour game challenge. Come up with splode like that if you wanna make a good competition.
^
Absolutely this. I'd love to get more active here once my GCSEs are over and run comps of my own if no-one else does.

Offline flump

• Facemelter
  • [Punishment] Banned
  • Tank
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2017, 11:41 AM »
What about weekly game jams? That'd breathe some life into the forums and the Mainsite if people got off of their asses.

Offline Master

• EveryBody's Favorite
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2017, 03:16 PM »
What annoys me is the fact that Light Tower was denied a feature nearly half a year ago but you are still willing to get down on your knees and beg for an editor to feature it. Instead of whining about your heartbreak, why don't you start a new game where you use all the feedback you have been given to expand your abilities in game making? Just let it go.
Where in the splode did you pull that stuff from?

Offline unovi

• Soldier
  • Tank
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2017, 03:42 PM »
Where in the splode did you pull that stuff from?
I mean he ain't wrong

Offline Master

• EveryBody's Favorite
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2017, 04:12 PM »
I mean he ain't wrong
He is wrong.

Besides I wasn't even talking about anything like that splodeery! I was talking about EGD. That is all!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 04:14 PM by Master »

Offline NaZa

• Doomed Member
  • *Eliminated*
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • I guess I'm too average to fit in. #LegoMovieCliche
  • Awards Know the power of the Dark Side! - from Rule For participating in the holiday fun in 2013 - from Jammyt2 Nana Nana Boo Boo! - from JJS Beware The Parry Award! - from ur mom. I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL I made it to the Top 10 in Trials IV!!! - from LIAM WILL For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Probe For being a part of the jury in the 2017 3rd Music Contest. Thank you for your h - from Joji
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2017, 04:14 PM »
Speedmaking competitions like on the DoomWorld Forums would be nice - you have two hours and you have to make the best game possible. Once a month!
I too like having sexual relations with grills ~ Sandwich 2K16

Offline Articuno­

• I don't do mornings
  • *Blue Team*
  • Guard
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2017, 05:55 PM »
He is wrong.

Besides I wasn't even talking about anything like that splodeery! I was talking about EGD. That is all!
Yeah you made Light Tower for EGD and when it wasn't featured you openly complained, making a few threads to complain in. I was immedately under the presumption that you were talking about Light Tower for two reasons: there was a purpose for EGD, entering games so you get prizes if you win, but I also presmed that was what you meant because you have been incredibly salty over this for a very long time. And if I was wrong, then what did you mean?

Offline Master

• EveryBody's Favorite
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2017, 09:13 PM »
Yeah you made Light Tower for EGD and when it wasn't featured you openly complained, making a few threads to complain in. I was immedately under the presumption that you were talking about Light Tower for two reasons: there was a purpose for EGD, entering games so you get prizes if you win, but I also presmed that was what you meant because you have been incredibly salty over this for a very long time. And if I was wrong, then what did you mean?
Yep, you are wrong. I told you what I meant, I was joking about the annual occurrence of EGD.

Offline theundead101

• Tank
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2017, 09:15 PM »
Yep, you are wrong. I told you what I meant, I was joking about the annual occurrence of EGD.
Leave this thread, Master.

Offline Matty

• Your Second-in-Command
  • [Staff] General
  • Bugmeister
  • Yeah, it's me
  • Awards For participating in the Volare Challenge - from Kaynichiha You placed first in the Weekly Weekend Contest! WOW - from konnichiha For having an eye for good games - from Yugioh77 This is a regular gold award that was brought up in a rough neighborhood. - from konnichiha Award bestowed upon members inducted into the forum Hall of Fame - from Epicosaurus For placing 1st in the shooter category for EGD 9! - from Matty ;) For placing 4th-10th in the overall category for EGD 9! - from Matty ;) For placing in the top 11 of the Public's Vote category for EGD 9! - from Matty ;)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2017, 09:19 PM »
why so heated???
Play some of my games
Witch Chaos ft. Lordeldar
The Vengeance

Offline lavalinn

• *[T4] Loser Island
  • Guard
  • I know it hurts sometimes but youll get over it
  • Awards I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL For winning Avatar Wars - from greenrain For contributing to the Records board, can be earned for the most miniscule task - from Daniel ឵឵឵឵ For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Probe For eating bread - from LiamCreates Happy Birthday!  - from Miyu Makimura For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Jmc10 For participating in the Volare Challenge - from Kaynichiha
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2017, 10:12 PM »
We should do one 2 celebrate every special occasion or holiday. Soon it will be February. Why not a Sploder Valentines Day Competition or something? It don't have 2 be Valentine themed games but u know something like that I guess.

Offline NaZa

• Doomed Member
  • *Eliminated*
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • I guess I'm too average to fit in. #LegoMovieCliche
  • Awards Know the power of the Dark Side! - from Rule For participating in the holiday fun in 2013 - from Jammyt2 Nana Nana Boo Boo! - from JJS Beware The Parry Award! - from ur mom. I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL I made it to the Top 10 in Trials IV!!! - from LIAM WILL For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Probe For being a part of the jury in the 2017 3rd Music Contest. Thank you for your h - from Joji
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2017, 01:08 AM »
Speedmaking competitions like on the DoomWorld Forums would be nice - you have two hours and you have to make the best game possible. Once a month!
Why is my post the only one to get ignored?
I too like having sexual relations with grills ~ Sandwich 2K16

Offline unovi

• Soldier
  • Tank
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2017, 03:29 AM »
Alright let'snot go that far he didn't do anything wrong