collapse

Stories Untold

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Moonove (Sploder / electronic musician) AMA!  (Read 1872 times)

Offline sticki

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • Awards For contributing to the Records board, can be earned for the most miniscule task - from b i g b o y For being voted as the member of the month - from Mikano You've earned three features! Nice job! - from Yugioh77 For entering Jayk's soundcloud contest - from konnichiha Highly prized and rare! - from Epicosaurus For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Epicosaurus For making inspiring physic puzzle maker games - from Epicosaurus I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Moonove (Sploder / electronic musician) AMA!
« on: August 25, 2016, 10:19 AM »
I was able to find moonove on youtube and he agreed to doing an ama. He has the songs London, La Bel Wazoo, She's From Heaven and The Awakening in the featured section of sploder's game creators. He has a total of 20 songs on the site. The music playing in the background is his work.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/kWHi0ETGQvw&amp;=en_US&amp;autoplay=1&amp;amp;version=3&amp;amp;rel=0&quot;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/kWHi0ETGQvw&amp;=en_US&amp;autoplay=1&amp;amp;version=3&amp;amp;rel=0&quot;</a>

1.) When did you start making music, and what computer/program did you use?

I started making music on computers in 1985. I was using somes “sid” editors on Atari ST. I later used Protracker on Atari STE to use real samples. (Sid is the sounds that are generated by the sound chip of the computer. It’s not samples. Just basic waves)

2.) what made you want to make music?(asked by gaminator)

At the very beginning i was making music just for fun. And like any "kid" of this age i was dreaming of making videogames. Later in the 90's i joined a few Demoscene groups (On Atari). I then became officially musician.

3.)What artists do you like/are inspired by? (asked by eldarado)

I’m really fond of Jazz music but also a lot of electronic.  At the moment, my favorite artists are Arovane, Autechre, Plaid, Depeche mode, The ORB, Atjazz (he comes from the demoscene too)…

4.)What music genres do you listen to?(asked by gaminator)

I usually listen to some ambient and/or electronic music. At the moment I listen to the “monument” game soundtrack. I like music which makes me feel I’m somewhere else.

5.)How did your music end up on sploder?

To be honest. I don’t know. I guess someone found one of my .mod on internet or paid a visit to my website (on which all my mods are available). And one day I was searching for “moonove” on Google and found some of my tunes on Sploder… That’s it ☺

6.)Have you played any sploder games featuring your music? If so, what was your favorite game?

I’m afraid, not so much. I think I’ve tried some “Mario-like” games. I also have a PS4. I play a lot to Destiny. I like games in which you have to discover other worlds.

7.)What kind of music do you make nowadays, and what do you consider to be your best work?

I mainly make ambient electronic music.Feel free to have a look at my Youtube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/moonov3 or visit my website www.moonove.com

8.)Where are you from, and what's it like there?

I’m from Paris, France. It’s quite cool living here and musically there are so many opportunities here to discover new styles of musics.

9.)Favorite hobby?

Photography : www.instagram.com/moonove

10.)Any tips for upcoming artists? There are a few amateur artists on sploder who frequently post about their soundcloud, and they might be interested in getting a few pointers from a pro.

Well try to be honest with you. Just make what you like to do and do not try to imitate other artists. Try to find your own style. Do not hesitate to “ask” to musicians around you. Softwares are so powerful now that you may miss some really interesting features. You also need to find the right software. I still know musicians that are using “fastracker” and some others on “ableton live”. Finding the right tool will help you to be more efficient.

11.)Anything else you would like to say about sploder and your old music?

Thank you very much for using my music. It’s really a great pleasure to hear my stuff in video games. Even if already made music for the videogame industry, it’s still very exciting for me.  Keep the “sploder” community alive. It’s a great initiative and people are still interested in playing simple games !!

Thanks: LiamCreates, kingpiggy, Tbremise, bestatgames9, Randz, pepperedSteak, Fire-Pinch
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 01:05 AM by Sticki »

Offline Robygamesro

• THE DANKEST DANKER OF ALL TIME
  • [Punishment] Giblet
  • Disruptor
  • whew im scared xddd
  • Awards It's a Charlie Brown Christmas! - from Matty For submitting an entry to the 2nd Music Contest in 2015. Thanks for participati - from Ripto ;) Happy Birthday! - from Spookie ;) For achieving over 1000 thanks, well done! - from liamnight  For winning in textlabel's Sploder Raffle! - from liamnight Roby loves you. - from liamnight You have earned 3 Features. Nice job. - from lordeldar A member with this award now has a liamnight pony. Feed him fried peanut butter, - from liamnight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Moonove (Sploder / electronic musician) AMA!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 11:27 AM »
bump
/about:blank/

Offline Gaminator

• Pear
  • Soldier
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • Awards You've earned five features! Nice job! - from konnichiha For having an eye for good games - from Yugioh77 Part of the crew in THE Sploder Game Thread. - from Spookie ;) For placing 4th-10th in the overall category for EGD 9! - from Matty ;) For achieving over 1000 thanks, well done! - from Ripto Merry Christmas Gaminator! ~Mpstv - from Matty Happy Birthday! - from lordeldar For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Matty
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 02:37 PM »
I checked his insta and his pics are quite nice (can't follow him tho bc I don't use it)
The muffled sound of your sweet voice through the duct tape was probably an "I love you"...

Offline Tbremise

• Your Friendly
  • [Staff] Lieutenant
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • Sit down, Relax, You're Welcome
  • Awards  An award for making truly epic games - from konnichiha An award to all your great help, War Veteran - from Hivetyrantofawesome For making inspiring physic puzzle maker games - from tbremise For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Mechanism G For being a hard core game player - from YoungCaliman For having an eye for good games - from Yugioh77 For Extensive Game making Knowledge - from General Death For being a big help to the staff - from General Death
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 04:28 PM »
It is always refreshing to hear the perspective of another artist. It's pretty cool that you got the chance to talk with him and get well thought out answers.

Features:6 To be determined! (4th place in EGD7 !)
(NEWEST) Rainy Nights (1st place ppg egd10 AND 1st place out of all games! EGD10)

Offline Tbremise

• Your Friendly
  • [Staff] Lieutenant
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • Sit down, Relax, You're Welcome
  • Awards  An award for making truly epic games - from konnichiha An award to all your great help, War Veteran - from Hivetyrantofawesome For making inspiring physic puzzle maker games - from tbremise For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Mechanism G For being a hard core game player - from YoungCaliman For having an eye for good games - from Yugioh77 For Extensive Game making Knowledge - from General Death For being a big help to the staff - from General Death
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 10:23 AM »
Not gonna lie, I don't intentionally do this, but I think I usually end up using more of his music in my games than any other artists on sploder.
Features:6 To be determined! (4th place in EGD7 !)
(NEWEST) Rainy Nights (1st place ppg egd10 AND 1st place out of all games! EGD10)

Offline sticki

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • Awards For contributing to the Records board, can be earned for the most miniscule task - from b i g b o y For being voted as the member of the month - from Mikano You've earned three features! Nice job! - from Yugioh77 For entering Jayk's soundcloud contest - from konnichiha Highly prized and rare! - from Epicosaurus For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Epicosaurus For making inspiring physic puzzle maker games - from Epicosaurus I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 10:30 AM »
Not gonna lie, I don't intentionally do this, but I think I usually end up using more of his music in my games than any other artists on sploder.
I noticed that in your game rainy nights, you should link it to him and he might play it ;)

Offline sticki

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2016, 12:05 PM »
I'm e-mailing him this topic. I will try to see if he is interested in trying out rainy nights, or signing up for the forums to directly reply to you all.

Offline kingpiggy

• Guard
  • Ask me about my many projects.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2016, 12:40 PM »
Please do one for all the musicians. This was very interesting.

Offline sticki

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2016, 12:55 PM »
I would love to do an ama with all of them, but some of the artists have disappeared from the internet altogether. I might be able to contact vim on his SoundCloud.

Online NaZa

• Doomed Member
  • *Eliminated*
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • I guess I'm too average to fit in. #LegoMovieCliche
  • Awards Know the power of the Dark Side! - from Rule For participating in the holiday fun in 2013 - from Jammyt2 Nana Nana Boo Boo! - from JJS Beware The Parry Award! - from ur mom. I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL I made it to the Top 10 in Trials IV!!! - from LIAM WILL For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Probe For being a part of the jury in the 2017 3rd Music Contest. Thank you for your h - from Joji
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2016, 12:58 PM »
Moonove's tracks are great and I like using them, they're ambient and the arrangement is wonderful, really suiting for calm movies and puzzle games.
I too like having sexual relations with grills ~ Sandwich 2K16

Offline Enigma

• play ddlc
  • Soldier
  • Koptr
  • i'm active some days
  • Awards We don't exist. - from Budz Awarded to those who consistently and prominently advertise the site! - from liamnight Gangnam Style Award - from konnichiha You've earned three features! Nice job! - from J0ji For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Epicosaurus Happy Birthday! - from Budz I won Slaughter Gameshow. Fear me! - from Liamnight Productions Eat butter. Love butter. Butter is life. - from liamnight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2016, 08:14 PM »
Wow, this was cool. I'm surprised he didn't even know his songs ended up on Sploder.

Offline sticki

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2016, 08:30 PM »
Wow, this was cool. I'm surprised he didn't even know his songs ended up on Sploder.
usually artists would upload their stuff to mod/amiga archives, and those websites let you download them and use them for free

Offline moonove

• Magnet
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2016, 03:18 AM »
Good morning Sploder Community.
It's been a really great surprise being featured in some games here.
Feel free if you have any questions.
Best from Paris.
Thanks: NaZa, Alon, MeowMeowFurryCat, Tbremise, Sticki, Enigma, Roby, Darkfire, Unovi, pepperedSteak

Offline Robygamesro

• THE DANKEST DANKER OF ALL TIME
  • [Punishment] Giblet
  • Disruptor
  • whew im scared xddd
  • Awards It's a Charlie Brown Christmas! - from Matty For submitting an entry to the 2nd Music Contest in 2015. Thanks for participati - from Ripto ;) Happy Birthday! - from Spookie ;) For achieving over 1000 thanks, well done! - from liamnight  For winning in textlabel's Sploder Raffle! - from liamnight Roby loves you. - from liamnight You have earned 3 Features. Nice job. - from lordeldar A member with this award now has a liamnight pony. Feed him fried peanut butter, - from liamnight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2016, 09:07 AM »
Hey moonove! Welcome to our community :)
/about:blank/

Offline sticki

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2016, 09:36 AM »
Thanks for signing up, moonove. If you want to make a short game using your music I would be glad to help.

Offline Enigma

• play ddlc
  • Soldier
  • Koptr
  • i'm active some days
  • Awards We don't exist. - from Budz Awarded to those who consistently and prominently advertise the site! - from liamnight Gangnam Style Award - from konnichiha You've earned three features! Nice job! - from J0ji For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Epicosaurus Happy Birthday! - from Budz I won Slaughter Gameshow. Fear me! - from Liamnight Productions Eat butter. Love butter. Butter is life. - from liamnight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2016, 07:49 PM »
Best from Paris.
Whoa!

This reminds me of the time a guy named Eric Matyas joined the forum and talked with Geoff about his music getting on Sploder.

Offline sticki

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2016, 07:13 PM »
He might come back and ask some more questions if the community is interested.

Offline linkdork77

• Launcher
  • hey there
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2016, 07:30 PM »
-- quote --
Best from Paris.
-- end quote --

Hello moonove, welcome to Sploder! :;D:

Offline moonove

• Magnet
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2016, 03:20 AM »
Thank you very much for your warm welcomes :).
Of you wanna have fun i've just put on my website a live i made in 2002 somewhere in the North of France. I was looking for some pics of me at this time and i found the .wav i generated for the live.

moonove.com
Thanks: Tbremise, Sticki, Enigma, HeavyTruth, shadythecreator, pepperedSteak

Offline Enigma

• play ddlc
  • Soldier
  • Koptr
  • i'm active some days
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Moonove (Sploder / electronic musician) AMA! [moonove posted twice!]
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2016, 08:14 PM »
Nice blog you made about Sploder! :D

Offline sticki

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Moonove (Sploder / electronic musician) AMA! [moonove posted twice!]
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2016, 08:28 PM »
Nice blog you made about Sploder! :D
Link for the Lazy

Screenshot for the lazier :

Offline sticki

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Bump. Working on contacting the other artists on sploder, wish me luck.

Offline Enigma

• play ddlc
  • Soldier
  • Koptr
  • i'm active some days
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Good luck, man.

Offline sticki

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2017, 01:05 AM »
I might've gotten into contact with Vim and Don Cato, wish me luck

Offline ur mom.

• [Staff] General
  • Bugmeister
  • Awards For contributing to the Records board, can be earned for the most miniscule task - from Daniel ឵឵឵឵ For being voted as the staff of the month - from Jmc10 For having an eye for good games - from Yugioh77 An award to all your great help, War Veteran - from Epicosaurus Voted best forum staff of July 2015. - from Liamnight!(• ◡•) Eat butter. Love butter. Butter is life. - from liamnight A member with this award now has a liamnight pony. Feed him fried peanut butter, - from liamnight For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Hivetyrantofawesome
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2017, 01:13 AM »
best of luck!!

Offline FuzTheHamster

• *Red Team*
  • Guard
  • Awards I participated in Trials IV! - from LIAM WILL Battle for Sploder 1st Place - from greenrain  - from LIAM WILL
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2017, 01:19 AM »
I might've gotten into contact with Vim and Don Cato, wish me luck
That would be awesome!