collapse

Stories Untold

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: !HYPE! [Sploder Street Racing] - Swimmer18  (Read 1211 times)

Offline swimmer18

• Cruiser
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
    • Awards
!HYPE! [Sploder Street Racing] - Swimmer18
« on: March 30, 2016, 12:00 AM »
Sploder Street Racing
[December 6, 2017 Update] Wow, have things changed. First it was April 2016, then EGD 10, then never. I came back to finish this. I quit for two months. I came back again to find that two finished levels were somehow deleted. I know I'm not the best at deadlines, but I'll try to finish this by Christmas 2017. Let's hope for the best.

Creator: PPG

Game in Brief:
It's a racing game. Done similarly to Super Sploder Kart. Looks like Super Sploder Kart
2. (not really but oh well) My work here is done.

List of Levels:
Level 1: Intro
Level 2: Sploder Gardens: A race through a beautiful garden of flowers and trees.
           Car: Dodge Dart GT
           Percent done: 100%
Level 3: Deserted Desert: A drive through the ruins of a Southwestern ranch
           Car: Mini Cooper ALL4Racing   
           Percent done: 0%
Level 4: Atlantic Beaches: A drive through the sunny beaches of the East Coast
         Car: BMW M6 Coupe
Level 5: City: A race through the streets and park of definitely-not-New York City (yep this game is 'murica)
         Car: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Level 6: Secret Level
          Car: McLaren 650S
Level 7: Future: A race through a futuristic sea settlement
          Car: Ford 2017 GT

Screenies:
Sploder Gardens:

Deserted Desert (It got deleted, I'll try to salvage what I can):

Altantic Beaches:

City:
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 05:46 PM by swimmer18 »

Offline Matty

• Your Second-in-Command
  • [Staff] General
  • Bugmeister
  • Yeah, it's me
  • Awards For participating in the Volare Challenge - from Kaynichiha You placed first in the Weekly Weekend Contest! WOW - from konnichiha For having an eye for good games - from Yugioh77 This is a regular gold award that was brought up in a rough neighborhood. - from konnichiha Award bestowed upon members inducted into the forum Hall of Fame - from Epicosaurus For placing 1st in the shooter category for EGD 9! - from Matty ;) For placing 4th-10th in the overall category for EGD 9! - from Matty ;) For placing in the top 11 of the Public's Vote category for EGD 9! - from Matty ;)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: !HYPE! [Sploder Street Racing] - Swimmer18
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 01:25 AM »
It was fun, I liked the scenery. I love playing these games because they are really fun and it's good to think that I inspired people to make these kart racing games :) excited for the full game!

Offline Demonxz95

• Oops, My Hand Slipped
  • Mainsite Office Employee
  • Koptr
  • Shake and Bake!
  • Awards For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Jmc10 For participating in the Volare Challenge - from konnichiha You've earned eight features! Nice job! - from Yugioh77 For having an eye for good games - from Yugioh77 Part of the crew in THE Sploder Game Thread. - from Spookie ;) For achieving over 1000 thanks, well done! - from liamnight Merry Christmas! - from Matty For being an outstanding forum member! - from Netshark
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 07:41 PM »
I like the demo. I really liked what you have of the first level, the driving physics and how you even made the lap counter.

Being a huge car enthusiast, I love the real car choices and graphics. It seems way have another SSK on our hands, not just in terms of gameplay but in terms of quality as well.

The only thing I would change is the bridge above the water. It just doesn't make sense to have cars driving on a bridge that looks like that. It just looks kinda weird.

By EnderChimera

Offline Matty

• Your Second-in-Command
  • [Staff] General
  • Bugmeister
  • Yeah, it's me
  • Awards For participating in the Volare Challenge - from Kaynichiha You placed first in the Weekly Weekend Contest! WOW - from konnichiha For having an eye for good games - from Yugioh77 This is a regular gold award that was brought up in a rough neighborhood. - from konnichiha Award bestowed upon members inducted into the forum Hall of Fame - from Epicosaurus For placing 1st in the shooter category for EGD 9! - from Matty ;) For placing 4th-10th in the overall category for EGD 9! - from Matty ;) For placing in the top 11 of the Public's Vote category for EGD 9! - from Matty ;)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2016, 12:19 AM »
So I was playing it again and a little of a glitch happened to me. I got the speedboost and then I think an invisible object hit something to do with the laps (? maybe) and I lost the game

I did this on lap 2/2

Offline swimmer18

• Cruiser
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2016, 12:29 AM »
"So I was playing it again and a little of a glitch happened to me. I got the speedboost and then I think an invisible object hit something to do with the laps (? maybe) and I lost the game

I did this on lap 2/2"

OK, I will check this out tomorrow. It doesn't seem likely to me that something with the boost hit a lap trigger, but judging from my past and current racing game creating experiences, any damn thing is possible. And also, just so I get this straight, after you hit the speed boost, something caused the lap trigger for the finish to not work?

Offline Matty

• Your Second-in-Command
  • [Staff] General
  • Bugmeister
  • Yeah, it's me
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2016, 12:37 AM »
No, I just hit the speed boost then lost a life very shortly after

Offline swimmer18

• Cruiser
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2016, 01:47 PM »
Alright, I just found the glitch you're talking about. What happened was that a thing involved with the boost hit the water, which causes death. I am almost certain I fixed  it.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 01:49 PM by swimmer18 »

Offline theundead101

• Tank
  • Awards For being a good forum member - from Matty For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Matty Happy Birthday! - from Alonessix
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2016, 04:52 PM »
lol I saw my avatar and was like "wait I'm not working on a game called Sploder Street Racing" but then I saw your name.

Why u take my avatar?
I'll give you a nickle if you tickle my pickle.

Offline swimmer18

• Cruiser
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2016, 06:44 PM »
"lol I saw my avatar and was like "wait I'm not working on a game called Sploder Street Racing" but then I saw your name.

Why u take my avatar?"

April Fools prank. I replaced my description with "Account claimed by Nightshield10!" and I changed my avatar to yours. I will change everything back 2moro.

Offline Boreal

• I am megaman
  • Tank
  • SPAGHETTI SPAGHETTI SPAGHETTI SPAGHETTI
  • Awards Eat butter. Love butter. Butter is life. - from liamnight For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Epicosaurus Best accusation in the Who Killed Superluigi gameshow. - from Alon For users who participated a lot in the Who Killed Superluigi gameshow. - from Alon For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Alonessix Award given for being an alt. (You don't want this!) - from Spookie ;) Happy Birthday! - from Spookie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2016, 09:58 PM »
A snippit of the intro:

The cars featured in this game:

Holy splode that's a ton of objects:

A piece of Sploder Gardens:

^ He's a boy, by the way. Time to zip up your pants now, unless you're into that sort of stuff. (eww)

Thank list:
https://goo.gl/CjIYTO

Offline swimmer18

• Cruiser
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2016, 10:50 PM »
Here's a new screenie. It's the WIP scenery for East Carorina Beaches. Thoughts?:

imgur.com/EajrTKu

Also, if anyone would like to test, it would be greatly appreciated. You will receive a thank, an gold MS award, and be mentioned in the 'Special Thanks' section of the description of the final game. I will PM you a link to a private game of a level each time I finish one.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 05:11 PM by swimmer18 »

Offline autumnwinter

• Cruiser
  • ♫Take a sad song and make it better♫
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I'll help test. Also, East Carorina Beach looks pretty sweet!

Offline Matty

• Your Second-in-Command
  • [Staff] General
  • Bugmeister
  • Yeah, it's me
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I'll test

Offline swimmer18

• Cruiser
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The second level has been completed, Matty and AW are testing it now.

Offline swimmer18

• Cruiser
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2016, 10:17 PM »
Update/Bump:

I've decided to make a few changes. As shown by the top post, I have gotten rid of Car Select levels and replaced them with new tracks. Because of this, the game will be delayed. Hopefully, though, this will be able to be my EGD 10 game because of that.

Also, for the existing levels, I got rid of one of the two CPU players, and made the other one have a collision layer with the player to add more challenge, to seperate this game from other games, and to have it feel more like an actual racing game. Matty, your thoughts?

Offline JuniorTennis7

• Repeller
  • Yer all fired.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2016, 02:53 PM »
Sorry for not being Matty, but I gotta say, you and Autumnwinter sure are keeping the kart racing genre alive! Strong visuals and everything - but bug testing for a kart racing game is going be a monstrous task, especially if you want to program three laps.
#    |  |  |  |   |  |  |     \  |  |  |  |  |  ___|
      |  |  |  |   |  |  |  |\  \|  |  |  |  |  |___
___/  /   \  \_/  /   |  | \  |  |  |  |  |  |___
____/      \___/    |_|   \__|  |_|  |_____|

Offline swimmer18

• Cruiser
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2016, 04:35 PM »
-- quote --
Sorry for not being Matty, but I gotta say, you and Autumnwinter sure are keeping the kart racing genre alive! Strong visuals and everything - but bug testing for a kart racing game is going be a monstrous task, especially if you want to program three laps.
-- end quote --

Thanks for the opinion. The only reason I specified Matty is that he first agreed to test this.

Offline swimmer18

• Cruiser
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2016, 10:53 PM »
God dammit will someone tell me how to get these screenies to work?

Offline Demonxz95

• Oops, My Hand Slipped
  • Koptr
  • Shake and Bake!
  • Awards For participating in the Becoming a Soldier Game Show. - from Jmc10 For participating in the Volare Challenge - from konnichiha You've earned eight features! Nice job! - from Yugioh77 For having an eye for good games - from Yugioh77 Part of the crew in THE Sploder Game Thread. - from Spookie ;) For achieving over 1000 thanks, well done! - from liamnight Merry Christmas! - from Matty For being an outstanding forum member! - from Netshark
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2016, 10:58 PM »
God dammit will someone tell me how to get these screenies to work?
There's a button that inserts the img tags [img] and [/ img] (the space isn't there, it's just to show the code), then place the image URL in between.

By EnderChimera

Offline Demonxz95

• Oops, My Hand Slipped
  • Koptr
  • Shake and Bake!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2016, 10:59 PM »
Thought the imgur stuff might not be working because it's old. Idk.

By EnderChimera

Offline swimmer18

• Cruiser
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2016, 10:03 PM »
Bump for Deserted Desert being completed!

Offline Matty

• Your Second-in-Command
  • [Staff] General
  • Bugmeister
  • Yeah, it's me
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2016, 07:38 PM »
pls don't ditch this

Offline theundead101

• Tank
  • Awards For being a good forum member - from Matty For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Matty Happy Birthday! - from Alonessix
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2016, 07:44 PM »
I JUST NOTICED MY HEAD IN THE WATER THERE XD! Please don't give up on this. AND MAKE ME A RACER YOU DINK!
I'll give you a nickle if you tickle my pickle.

Offline swimmer18

• Cruiser
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2017, 08:48 PM »
Bump from the dead, read the new OP

Offline unovi

• Soldier
  • Tank
  • Awards For reaching the rank 'Soldier'.  - from Joji DON'T BULLY!!!!!!!!!!!! - from Kaynichiha For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from Epicosaurus For achieving over 1000 thanks, well done! - from Epicosaurus Award given for being an alt. (You don't want this!) - from Epicosaurus For being a good forum member - from YoungCaliman Happy Birthday! - from Epicosaurus
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2017, 02:34 PM »
:oooooo Hey I remember you!

Offline Dealwithitdewott

• Repeller
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2017, 04:29 PM »
Racing games on Sploder is incredibly tricky to pull off, so something like this is incredibly impressive.

Offline Demonxz95

• Oops, My Hand Slipped
  • Koptr
  • Shake and Bake!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2017, 04:47 PM »
Still hyped af for this even after 1 3/4 years.

By EnderChimera

Offline swimmer18

• Cruiser
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2017, 09:39 PM »
Still hyped af for this even after 1 3/4 years.
Lol good to know. Tbh don't hold your breath.

Offline Jigglypuff

• Sock Electronics
  • Tank
  • EVERYBODY LIKES TO JIGGLE
  • Awards For achieving over 1000 thanks, well done! - from Mikano For being a great game artist - from Joji For making inspiring physic puzzle maker games - from Joji For having lots of positive karma, a great member in the Sploder Community - from crystal Happy Birthday! - from Epicosaurus
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2017, 11:54 PM »
Hey you're back.

Tags: