Author Topic: Platformer Theory Guide [Outdated]  (Read 544 times)

Offline took3vvl

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
Platformer Theory Guide
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2009, 08:20 pm »
Posted By: 7grant2
Posted By: took3vvl
The guide is a theory, It might not be true. So pretty much in a way the guide might be useful and true but doesnt mean it is. In a way it doesnt sound right. Like the Big Bang Theory. Its a theory, might not be true. I slightly get it. The guide might ot extremely help you so yeah.
To be honest, most of this is critical thinking I have done for you and explained some of it for you. Like enemy placement. That could be figured out by anyone, but it takes time to think where enemies are best put and why. Again, in this guide theory is the use of current knowledge and logic to answer questions that can't be normally answered. I guarantee you will find something useful in this guide, such as the statistics are pretty helpful for me.

But most of what you just said is still opinionated, right? There is no "best place" to put an enemy in "theory" if you think about it.
No, most stuff is based on current statistics and behavioral patterns of enemies and how the react to when you approach them, and etc. Since ninja jump around a lot, a steep slope can easily make them fall off. So by me using current knowledge to put into a form of reason that people can understand, they can learn more about critical thinking and go beyond this guide.

Yes, but statistics have nothing to do with a ninja falling off. Maybe that was intended by the creator? Does that make him, along with his game, entirely wrong? If so, it's really a theory IN a theory, because this whole thread is a theory, but by combining all that only ONE person knows (And that would be you), that makes this sort of a triple theory of some sort, as it still can't be fact for fact, proven right. Infact, is there even a "right" way? That in and out of itself is a theory altogether.
Wrong again, you seem to have gone past my comment and gone into more theories based on nothing... for I am saying how to make the enemy most effective against fighting YOU, and not simply falling of an edge. The statistics do have nothing to do with the ninja falling off, but I am stating that the ninja WILL fall off do to behavioral patterns in jumping and evading you. The right way I am talking about is the most effective way to use the enemy against you, which as you stated, not all people want. To be all honest, why would anyone want an ill-effective ninja when the can make him do more damage by simply moving him to a different location?

But now you're contradicting yourself. You said I'm basing my theories off of nothing, yet the things I'm basing them off of is information you're giving me. So are you telling me you're wrong? True, the most effective way for the enemy to fight you would for him not to be falling off of ledges, obviously. Yet, telling the player when and where to put certain items and enemies wouldn't make it a theory, but a recommendation, and since the 2 contradict theirselves, there's obviously going to be a loophole in the mix. I hope you get what I'm saying.

Offline patrut

• Mortar
    • View Profile
Platformer Theory Guide
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2009, 08:29 pm »
OH MY HOLY SWEET JESUS. -_-

Offline 7grant2

• Mogura
  • That One Guy
    • View Profile
Platformer Theory Guide
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2009, 08:31 pm »
The guide is a theory, It might not be true. So pretty much in a way the guide might be useful and true but doesnt mean it is. In a way it doesnt sound right. Like the Big Bang Theory. Its a theory, might not be true. I slightly get it. The guide might ot extremely help you so yeah.
To be honest, most of this is critical thinking I have done for you and explained some of it for you. Like enemy placement. That could be figured out by anyone, but it takes time to think where enemies are best put and why. Again, in this guide theory is the use of current knowledge and logic to answer questions that can't be normally answered. I guarantee you will find something useful in this guide, such as the statistics are pretty helpful for me.

But most of what you just said is still opinionated, right? There is no "best place" to put an enemy in "theory" if you think about it.
No, most stuff is based on current statistics and behavioral patterns of enemies and how the react to when you approach them, and etc. Since ninja jump around a lot, a steep slope can easily make them fall off. So by me using current knowledge to put into a form of reason that people can understand, they can learn more about critical thinking and go beyond this guide.

Yes, but statistics have nothing to do with a ninja falling off. Maybe that was intended by the creator? Does that make him, along with his game, entirely wrong? If so, it's really a theory IN a theory, because this whole thread is a theory, but by combining all that only ONE person knows (And that would be you), that makes this sort of a triple theory of some sort, as it still can't be fact for fact, proven right. Infact, is there even a "right" way? That in and out of itself is a theory altogether.
Wrong again, you seem to have gone past my comment and gone into more theories based on nothing... for I am saying how to make the enemy most effective against fighting YOU, and not simply falling of an edge. The statistics do have nothing to do with the ninja falling off, but I am stating that the ninja WILL fall off do to behavioral patterns in jumping and evading you. The right way I am talking about is the most effective way to use the enemy against you, which as you stated, not all people want. To be all honest, why would anyone want an ill-effective ninja when the can make him do more damage by simply moving him to a different location?

But now you're contradicting yourself. You said I'm basing my theories off of nothing, yet the things I'm basing them off of is information you're giving me. So are you telling me you're wrong? True, the most effective way for the enemy to fight you would for him not to be falling off of ledges, obviously. Yet, telling the player when and where to put certain items and enemies wouldn't make it a theory, but a recommendation, and since the 2 contradict theirselves, there's obviously going to be a loophole in the mix. I hope you get what I'm saying.
I do, but what info are you using of mine? I read the comment and I have yet to see proof of what I have said be put into your use. I told the player SOME effective ways to use enemies by placing them in certain areas with different terrain, I have never said TO place them there. This guide is meant to get your brain pumping and have yourself think of more ways to create better enemy placement, and etc.

Offline 7grant2

• Mogura
  • That One Guy
    • View Profile
Platformer Theory Guide
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2009, 08:31 pm »
Posted By: patrutOH MY HOLY SWEET JESUS. -_-
This is a soap opera for Thrash...

Offline patrut

• Mortar
    • View Profile
Platformer Theory Guide
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2009, 08:32 pm »
I didn't even bother reading the dammed theory.

Offline took3vvl

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
Platformer Theory Guide
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2009, 08:33 pm »

I do, but what info are you using of mine? I read the comment and I have yet to see proof of what I have said be put into your use. I told the player SOME effective ways to use enemies by placing them in certain areas with different terrain, I have never said TO place them there. This guide is meant to get your brain pumping and have yourself think of more ways to create better enemy placement, and etc.

Finally we get to a resolution. So you're tell me this isn't a theory, but just a help/hint guide to lead the player/creator to greatness? That's all I wanted. :)

Offline took3vvl

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
Platformer Theory Guide
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2009, 08:34 pm »
Posted By: patrutI didn't even bother reading the dammed theory.

lol Comic Relief.

Offline bobbler

• Instagram me @sparkee ! <3
  • Soldier
  • Mogura
  • Matthew Sparks
    • View Profile
Platformer Theory Guide
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2009, 08:34 pm »
YOU CAN ONLY GET THIS KIND OF ENTERTAINMENT HERE FOLKS

Offline 7grant2

• Mogura
  • That One Guy
    • View Profile
Platformer Theory Guide
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2009, 08:35 pm »

Finally we get to a resolution. So you're tell me this isn't a theory, but just a help/hint guide to lead the player/creator to greatness? That's all I wanted. :)
YES!

EDIT: I mainly named it Theory because it sounds awesome and I don't know another word to summarize all the things I talked about...
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 08:39 pm by 7grant2 »

Offline cheepshot

• Soldier
  • Bugmeister
  • Long live your Emperor!
    • View Profile
Platformer Theory Guide
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2009, 08:42 pm »
OH MY HOLY SWEET JESUS. -_-

Offline RobotGuy

• Launcher
    • View Profile
Platformer Theory Guide
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2009, 08:51 pm »
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 08:57 pm by RobotGuy »
"That's why my tombstone gon' say: "He ain't die, he multiplied" -100, Sho Baraka

Offline RobotGuy

• Launcher
    • View Profile
Platformer Theory Guide
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2009, 08:52 pm »
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 08:58 pm by RobotGuy »
"That's why my tombstone gon' say: "He ain't die, he multiplied" -100, Sho Baraka

Offline 7grant2

• Mogura
  • That One Guy
    • View Profile
Platformer Theory Guide
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2009, 09:56 pm »
I'm about finished with the enemy statistics, not the enemy theory yet. I'll write that a whole lot faster then the actual statistics luckily. Next up will be the weapons...

EDIT: Finished statistics :D
EDIT: I have changed the Table of Contents a bit...
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 10:37 pm by 7grant2 »

Offline 7grant2

• Mogura
  • That One Guy
    • View Profile
Platformer Theory Guide
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2009, 11:24 pm »
Ok, I basically finished the guide. I did not change much because what I mentioned is pretty much what you already need to know for the newer equipment and other guys.

Offline tler21

• Turret
    • View Profile
Platformer Theory Guide
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2009, 02:18 pm »
ok.. how do you post stuff like splode in the discusiosn title

Offline 7grant2

• Mogura
  • That One Guy
    • View Profile
Platformer Theory Guide
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2009, 02:25 pm »
Posted By: tler21ok.. how do you post stuff like splode in the discusiosn title
A sploded discussion means it is closed, you cannot comment in it.

Offline 123tanman123

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
Platformer Theory Guide
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2009, 10:50 pm »
Posted By: tler21ok.. how do you post stuff like splode in the discusiosn title
If you happen to edit the first comment you can change the title.
http://www.sploder.com/games/members/123tanman123/

Check out my games :) 10 Featured and counting

Offline 7grant2

• Mogura
  • That One Guy
    • View Profile
Platformer Theory Guide
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2009, 09:20 pm »
I just read this again, I can't believe I typed up that whole massive whopping amount of information.

Offline BlastoiseLatias

• Zorz Master
  • Soldier
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • 01011010 01001111 01010010 01011010
    • View Profile
Platformer Theory Guide
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2009, 01:16 pm »
Posted By: 7grant2I just read this again, I can't believe I typed up that whole massive whopping amount of information.

Yesh.
And it's awesome. ;)

Offline 7grant2

• Mogura
  • That One Guy
    • View Profile
Platformer Theory Guide
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2009, 04:09 pm »
I'm going to update the guide with Boss Theory now! This is meant for the constructing of bosses that make a fight interesting and original.

Offline qaz246

• Turret
    • View Profile
Platformer Theory Guide
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2009, 01:23 am »
kewl

Offline 7grant2

• Mogura
  • That One Guy
    • View Profile
Platformer Theory Guide
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2009, 07:12 pm »
Its not finished...

Offline qaz246

• Turret
    • View Profile
Platformer Theory Guide
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2009, 04:18 am »
i know......

Offline darut1234

• Mogura
    • View Profile
Platformer Theory Guide
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2009, 06:51 pm »
I'm about to unsticky this just because you people are putting way to much thought into this.

Offline 7grant2

• Mogura
  • That One Guy
    • View Profile
Platformer Theory Guide
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2009, 06:56 pm »
Posted By: darut1234I'm about to unsticky this just because you people are putting way to much thought into this.
So I need to think less?

Offline mrryan12

• Mortar
    • View Profile
Platformer Theory Guide
« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2009, 08:31 pm »
Posted By: darut1234I'm about to unsticky this just because you people are putting way to much thought into this.
So I need to think less?

yep.

Offline qaz246

• Turret
    • View Profile
Platformer Theory Guide
« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2009, 10:13 pm »
ahaha

Offline theravicale

• Local semi-tech-literate person. And The Oracle.
  • Electropede
  • I'm a mod that actually does something :3
    • View Profile
    • RavicDesign
Platformer Theory Guide
« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2009, 05:34 pm »
LOL

Offline raquzzic

• Soldier
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
Platformer Theory Guide
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2009, 09:51 am »
Posted By: 7grant2Its not finished...

really?
DEMO the Funk: http://forums.sploder.com/index.php/topic,315544.0.html

What's been said about the Funk so far:
"that was the most amazing arcade scroller I have ever played. I can't wait to try the full game. The demo I give a 10/10." -Matty

Offline 7grant2

• Mogura
  • That One Guy
    • View Profile
Platformer Theory Guide
« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2009, 06:47 pm »
Posted By: raquzzic
Posted By: 7grant2Its not finished...

really?
Nyeh, I don't feel like finishing boss theory for a while so munch on the info you got.