Author Topic: My first written program... sort of... [Work in Progress]  (Read 192 times)

Offline plamendobrev

• Launcher
  • plam3n

Idea
It's supposed to be a website builder.

What I'm currently working on
I'm actually still working on the dashboard, not on the builder itself. As you can see, I decided to include a to-do list. It's actually 95% done and I should be done with it by tomorrow. All I have to do is finish the tasks moving function. Next stop is the user verification page. At the moment, in order to enter the application, you need to use a serial key. But serial keys are kind of outdated so I will be replacing them with a regular e-mail/password verification option. That may take a while but it will be worth it.

What I don't like
The icons. Some of them just look weird. The pictures too. They aren't even mine, they are free to use but I will probably shoot my own photos. The purple colour may look a bit "eh" but I will be also including more themes and customization options.

Personal Score
6/10. Not bad for a first application, I guess. Kind of first. I have worked on other projects on my own before but they weren't that big and I honestly saw programming as a hobby at that time. Quarantine is not a bad time to start working on such things, even though I am working on this since August 2019. School and other responsibilities were what slowed down the development. My online school is really bad, I even managed to get through their security and steal some answers for a few tests lol

Anyway! What about you?
The main reason I'm posting this here is to just hear some opinions. Do you guys like the way it looks? Does it need some serious redesign? Is it that bad as I think it is? What's your opinion on that custom title bar?

Stay safe!

Offline Bricc

• ├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤
  • General
  • Mortar
    • Nem-Creator
Re: My first written program... sort of... [Work in Progress]
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2020, 07:43 pm »
I think it looks really nice. Of course, your first project is never going to be perfect, but it's a solid start.

Moderator, Moderator Recruiter, Reviewer, Editor

Offline plamendobrev

• Launcher
  • plam3n
So, I found the old dashboard a little bit... ugly... so I decided to change it...