Author Topic: Baconzitos: Fritos, but it's made in brazil.  (Read 47 times)

Offline robotpointo

• The commentary man
  • Speeder
  • Currently satisfied with this site's position. :)
    • View Profile
Baconzitos: Fritos, but it's made in brazil.
« on: March 27, 2020, 01:38 am »
Hello! I am talking about Baconzitos! It is some snacks, Manufactured by Elma Chips (company/manufacturer of food in Curitiba) in brazil, the company has a similar logo as sabritas' and frito lay's. The only flavor of those snacks are bacon. It was said to be made with wheat "FEITO DE TRIGO", The Baconzitos bag features its puffy, curved chips on the front. In fact, once we read the back, it turned out these weren’t corn chips at all and the snacks were quite airy and resembled pork rinds in texture. Here is the bag:
Baconzitos actually have a very nice crunch and the taste is very pleasant, They initially taste a bit buttery and then end with a nice bacony finish. The one major  knock, which seems to be the most difficult thing with bacon snacks, is that the bacon flavor was very mild. As someone who loves crispy bacon full of flavor, my expectations to get that flavor in a chip may just be too high. There would be tiny baconzitos' inside the bag. Another great thing about the Baconzitos was that they did not suffer from a cardboard tasting second or third bite, they remained crunchy and tasty even if the flavor was mild towards the end. A too tentative overall taste and interesting texture prevent these from getting our highest rating, but if you find yourself in South America looking for something  unique to munch on while you trek around, these are worth grabbing as I had quite a bit of trouble putting the bag down once it was opened. Those snacks do not have trans fat. Also, in the back of the bag, There is another version of it, Named "Cebolitos", at this time, Only-flavor is flavored onion, and they all look like rings.

I will rate those snacks 9/10, meaning they are very nice snacks.

This commentary includes text from Crunchiesblog, credit to the crunchiesblog review for the text.