Author Topic: Q & A  (Read 461 times)

Offline swedenplatformge

• In-order to change your soul, you need to first change your environment.
  • 4th place EGD
  • Cruiser
  • "I'd rather fight for my life than live it." -Guts
    • View Profile
Q & A
« on: November 26, 2019, 10:19 am »
I've been here for over 5 years. So you can feel free to ask me just about anything! Just please keep a friendly tone while you ask your questions, otherwise, I won't respond.

Here are some subject-related questions I'd happily answer:

* My game making
* My twitter
* My school
* My interests

Etc.

Offline Ethan2009

• Local annoyance.
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • Failure.
    • View Profile
Re: Q & A
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2019, 10:23 am »
here r mine:
1) whos joe
2) why r u salty over egd L L LLLLl
3) wwats 1+1
8)

Offline Rockyroad797

• Thunder Lamborghini
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
  • Turn on the Heat
    • View Profile
    • The Ultra Fun Plaza
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2019, 01:32 am »
Why do u like sonic

Check out THUNDER X

Offline seanthechinaman

• MRE
  • Launcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2019, 06:46 pm »
do you make games outside of Sploder? do you play games outside of video games?

Offline canyoumakeit13

• AK47 BoYz 😎
  • Soldier
  • Speeder
  • My god!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2019, 02:16 am »
do you play roblox?
why did you name yourself sweden platformer game?

Offline Rockyroad797

• Thunder Lamborghini
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
  • Turn on the Heat
    • View Profile
    • The Ultra Fun Plaza
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2019, 09:34 am »
do you play roblox?

I play roblox can you tell me your account in pms

Check out THUNDER X

Offline swedenplatformge

• 4th place EGD
  • Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2019, 04:58 pm »
here r mine:
1) whos joe
2) why r u salty over egd L L LLLLl
3) wwats 1+1

Since you weren't serious when you asked this, I won't be giving this a serious response.

Why do u like sonic

Oh boy... This is too broad of a question to answer with a single sentence. However, I think one of the main reasons why I like Sonic so much (no matter which game) is due to the wacky & unique and spectacular spectacles. Almost every game has its own "unique spectacle" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW-GBUJP1NI) but with a fresh new code of paint on that concept. For example, the truck chase sequence in city escape from Sonic Adventure 2 (2001) has a sense of tension I truly admire. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDAWFyjmF90&t=3s) And even the intro alone is super great! And even if we set aside all spectacles and focus more on the gameplay, games such as Sonic 3K has a sense of tension & unique atmosphere from beginning to end. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9xl7covihg)

do you make games outside of Sploder? do you play games outside of video games?

Yes, I do make games at my "game design" classes at school. Those games are nothing spectacular though by any means since I make games in groups, and they're made on finished assets from the Unity Store. But I do change some of the graphics with the group, along with the atmosphere. But in general, what I basically do outside of sploder so far is only "painting" on already finished products. All though, sploder isn't that much different when you think about it since all creators (aside from perhaps ppg) are finished games.

As for your second question regarding "do I play games outside of video games?" I am not sure what you mean by that, but I'm guessing what you mean is "do you play fan-games, Indie games? etc." If that is what you meant, then the answer is yes. I play extremely close attention to a lot of the recent fan-made projects of Sonic. For instance, I keep a close eye on Sonic Forces Overclocked which modifies an official game that was pretty meh, to turn it into something rather memorable. (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHpA9gCEvfcn6o0N-a5Jfug)

do you play roblox?

I've thought of getting roblox but never got around to doing it, since my current laptops are potatoes.
As for my name "sweden platformer games", well... I originally wanted to call myself something like "Swedish platformer games" or "swedishplatform", but it was already taken. And eventually I got around to claiming the name "Swedenplatformge".

The purpose of my name is the following: 1) It clarifies that I'm in-fact born in Sweden. 2) It clarifies that I mainly enjoy making & playing platform games. And well, that's that, I have that name since I wanted to clarify those two things.

Offline seanthechinaman

• MRE
  • Launcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2019, 06:01 pm »
Yes, I do make games at my "game design" classes at school. Those games are nothing spectacular though by any means since I make games in groups, and they're made on finished assets from the Unity Store. But I do change some of the graphics with the group, along with the atmosphere. But in general, what I basically do outside of sploder so far is only "painting" on already finished products. All though, sploder isn't that much different when you think about it since all creators (aside from perhaps ppg) are finished games.

As for your second question regarding "do I play games outside of video games?" I am not sure what you mean by that, but I'm guessing what you mean is "do you play fan-games, Indie games? etc." If that is what you meant, then the answer is yes. I play extremely close attention to a lot of the recent fan-made projects of Sonic. For instance, I keep a close eye on Sonic Forces Overclocked which modifies an official game that was pretty meh, to turn it into something rather memorable. (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHpA9gCEvfcn6o0N-a5Jfug)
should have clarified, i mean board games, sports etc

Offline Ethan2009

• Local annoyance.
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • Failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2019, 06:48 pm »
answer my quesztion ples
8)

Offline swedenplatformge

• 4th place EGD
  • Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2019, 07:44 am »
should have clarified, i mean board games, sports etc

Ooooooooh I see! Well no, as of now I don't play any board games. I only currently play with cards, all though extremely rarely as of now. I do think it's a shame since I feel that cards are something I should invest more time towards, as it's a great form of meditation which I suggest you try too with a friend or a sibling.

Anyway, as for your questions regarding sports.. I don't do any sports currently. I only do strength exercises so far and that's only at home atm.

Offline Rockyroad797

• Thunder Lamborghini
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
  • Turn on the Heat
    • View Profile
    • The Ultra Fun Plaza
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2019, 12:25 am »
Ooooooooh I see! Well no, as of now I don't play any board games. I only currently play with cards, all though extremely rarely as of now. I do think it's a shame since I feel that cards are something I should invest more time towards, as it's a great form of meditation which I suggest you try too with a friend or a sibling.

Anyway, as for your questions regarding sports.. I don't do any sports currently. I only do strength exercises so far and that's only at home atm.

You're from sweden, no offence but I think ice hockey is the only sport your country is champ at

Check out THUNDER X

Offline swedenplatformge

• 4th place EGD
  • Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2019, 07:03 am »
You're from sweden, no offence but I think ice hockey is the only sport your country is champ at

Offense*

Well, I think you're about right on that, all though I don't personally follow sports so I don't know. However, I'd note that Sweden has had Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Even if he was the only properly good player in Sweden's football from my awareness, I'd still say that he is one exception when it comes to the mentality of "Swedes sucks at sports". That is assuming you want to count him as a Swede of course since some don't want to consider him Swedish.

Offline Rockyroad797

• Thunder Lamborghini
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
  • Turn on the Heat
    • View Profile
    • The Ultra Fun Plaza
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2019, 10:36 am »
Offense*

Well, I think you're about right on that, all though I don't personally follow sports so I don't know. However, I'd note that Sweden has had Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Even if he was the only properly good player in Sweden's football from my awareness, I'd still say that he is one exception when it comes to the mentality of "Swedes sucks at sports". That is assuming you want to count him as a Swede of course since some don't want to consider him Swedish.

Offence is the spelling of british english

btw ok. For your information, Sweden is a division 3 or something cricket team. That isnt anything good. Barely any players are known, and like nobody even knows they exist. But they do. They play tiny unofficial matches, like high school cricket club matches. Though other teams from these leagues (Oman, PNG and Namibia), hit the world cup standards later on

Check out THUNDER X

Offline duck5557474

• Emperor of the Nerds!
  • Soldier
  • Launcher
  • 2nd in Command
    • View Profile
    • Cynumb
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2019, 02:40 pm »
What is one of your hobbies?

*Drawing by Awesomefinnz

Helpful Links~
Follow Me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/duck5557474

Offline swedenplatformge

• 4th place EGD
  • Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2019, 02:27 pm »
What is one of your hobbies?

Study
Reason? I love learning new things, there's for example, lots of psychologists that are amusing to talk about or analyze. For one thing, Karl Jung who died right before my dad was born was a mad genius. He was basically like Albert Einstein 2.0 but arguably even more insane. He discovered lots of things about human psychology which are all still relevant to talk about today.
So studying someone like him (even if it isn't for school work) is a well-time-spent, Imo.

Offline william2001

• Leader of the Cult of Apep. Please make sure to get your instructional video on the way out. Don't listen to the strange voice in your head. Thanks.
  • Soldier
  • Launcher
  • "There is no fiction." -Neville Goddard | YTMND will forever be greater than Vine OR TikTok combined. Never forget.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2019, 06:54 pm »
Is the stereotype about the Swedish, Norwegians, and Russians commonly drinking Vodka instead of water true?

Offline swedenplatformge

• 4th place EGD
  • Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2019, 03:29 am »
Is the stereotype about the Swedish, Norwegians, and Russians commonly drinking Vodka instead of water true?

I can't speak for the rest, but Swedes do like drinking "brännvin" a lot. Anyway, regarding your "drinking more than water" questioning, I don't personally experience that to be the case. From as far as I'm aware, Swedes tend to be healthy, even if they can be heavy drinkers at parties. But of course, I'm only speaking from personal experience. I do know that certain American tourists or immigrants say that "Swedes know how to party, despite being socially awkward". This I can confirm to be true, even though I don't often go to parties myself.

Offline swedenplatformge

• 4th place EGD
  • Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2019, 04:10 pm »
bump

Offline Rockyroad797

• Thunder Lamborghini
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
  • Turn on the Heat
    • View Profile
    • The Ultra Fun Plaza
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2019, 07:12 am »
Are you alive

Check out THUNDER X

Offline swedenplatformge

• 4th place EGD
  • Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2019, 06:36 pm »
Are you alive

That depends on what you mean by "alive". Do you mean it physically or spiritually? If it's the letter you're asking as opposed to the first, then you'll be getting a far less generic answer from me.
Your choice.

Offline Rockyroad797

• Thunder Lamborghini
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
  • Turn on the Heat
    • View Profile
    • The Ultra Fun Plaza
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2019, 09:58 am »
That depends on what you mean by "alive". Do you mean it physically or spiritually? If it's the letter you're asking as opposed to the first, then you'll be getting a far less generic answer from me.
Your choice.

Are you literally alive or not? I know it doesn't make sense but I'm out of questions

Check out THUNDER X