Author Topic: [Remaster Of First Game] - Swedenplatformge  (Read 1415 times)

Offline swedenplatformge

• In-order to change your soul, you need to first change your environment.
  • 4th place EGD
  • Guard
  • "I'd rather fight for my life than live it." -Guts
    • View Profile
Re: [Remaster Of First Game] - Swedenplatformge
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2019, 06:21 pm »
I think this will make it more laggy...

That is a great point since Castle War goes by lightning.

Add scenery

As of now, it's extremely time-consuming for me to do things like these because of school. The fact that I'm even able to update the game for the first place, is something that shouldn't be taken for granted. I do this in my spare time, something that I don't have a lot of anymore.

Also, I don't like to make my games "as perfect as possible", since it's clear to me that Lordeldar's Revenge was somewhat of a failure when I did follow that mentality.

Offline Rockyroad797

• Thunder Viper X
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
  • Rapper, Gamer
    • View Profile
    • The Ultra Fun Plaza
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2019, 10:50 pm »
Lighting, not Lightning
THUNDER VIPER X

My Channel

Offline Rockyroad797

• Thunder Viper X
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
  • Rapper, Gamer
    • View Profile
    • The Ultra Fun Plaza
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2019, 10:50 pm »
Because of me, the votes for Castle War Revolution is on a lead
THUNDER VIPER X

My Channel

Offline Ethan2009

• Local annoyance.
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • Failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2019, 08:35 am »
Add some scenery
8)

Offline Awesomefinnz

• Kyle The Wraith
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
  • Devourer of souls
    • View Profile
    • Pencilverse
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2019, 08:52 am »
Add some scenery
Sweden, don't mind ethan, he has lost thousands of brain cells because he probably didn't win EGD

Offline Ethan2009

• Local annoyance.
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • Failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2019, 01:32 pm »
Sweden, don't mind ethan, he has lost thousands of brain cells because he probably didn't win EGD
I legitimately did win EGD
8)

Offline Awesomefinnz

• Kyle The Wraith
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
  • Devourer of souls
    • View Profile
    • Pencilverse
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2019, 06:43 pm »
Hmmm gud po-

Silence finnz *puts a tape on finnz's mouth.

:x

Ethan, we're gonna need proof here. Imma ask Lordeldar.

(0x0)? mmMMmmMMMMMmm??

I'm going to mute you only for this topic. Aight?

TxT

EDIT: Yep, you won EGD...

>:x MMMMMmMmmMMmMMM!!!

Oh right. *takes off tape*

FINALLY...
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 06:47 pm by Awesomefinnz »

Offline swedenplatformge

• 4th place EGD
  • Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2019, 05:48 pm »

You legitimately only won because of one judge's poor standards in most games. (Konni if you see it doesn't take it personally). Konni has a record of having "poor taste" when it comes to sploder games, she has featured countless games that people questioned. And if it weren't for her being a terrible arcade player then Lordeldar and Matt would've easily won. Since that game does something revolutionary as opposed to your game that offers nothing new to the sploder plat.

You're an inexperienced relatively new game maker. While Lordeldar and Matt have been here for at least a decade and have way more experience than you. And that's why their arcade did so many new things, all while your game didn't. Which is fine mind you, considering that you're new, but you didn't deserve to win.

Offline Awesomefinnz

• Kyle The Wraith
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
  • Devourer of souls
    • View Profile
    • Pencilverse
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2019, 05:50 pm »
You legitimately only won because of one judge's poor standards in most games. (Konni if you see it doesn't take it personally). Konni has a record of having "poor taste" when it comes to sploder games, she has featured countless games that people questioned. And if it weren't for her being a terrible arcade player then Lordeldar and Matt would've easily won. Since that game does something revolutionary as opposed to your game that offers nothing new to the sploder plat.

You're an inexperienced relatively new game maker. While Lordeldar and Matt have been here for at least a decade and have way more experience than you. And that's why their arcade did so many new things, all while your game didn't. Which is fine mind you, considering that you're new, but you didn't deserve to win.
I knew it!

Offline swedenplatformge

• 4th place EGD
  • Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2019, 05:53 pm »
However, I DON'T want this discussion HERE. So please do not post here anything that isn't related to my game what so ever. As that could lead to me locking this thread.

Offline swedenplatformge

• 4th place EGD
  • Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2019, 05:53 pm »
Because of me, the votes for Castle War Revolution is on a lead

Thank you for voting

Offline Ethan2009

• Local annoyance.
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • Failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2019, 07:15 pm »

L salty
8)

Offline Ethan2009

• Local annoyance.
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • Failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2019, 07:16 pm »
I knew it!
what he says is a lie, hes just very salty
8)

Offline swedenplatformge

• 4th place EGD
  • Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2019, 07:36 am »
Here's the dialogue for the story, it is still a work in progress:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-nKeMg31uhlXftnpeXsNwFzk3AL0bQI3vLk8g9p8Exw/edit?usp=sharing

Offline seanthechinaman

• MRE
  • Launcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2019, 02:13 pm »

oh my god splode off with the konni dissing, and putting down Ethan too

Offline Rockyroad797

• Thunder Viper X
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
  • Rapper, Gamer
    • View Profile
    • The Ultra Fun Plaza
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2019, 08:12 am »
Swedenplatformge, I know you feel your game is more innovative in many parts for many reasons, but a mature person wouldn't come right front and diss on others just to show how they feel. It makes you a braggart and when I get cheated heavily where my creation is far better than the actual winner I don't think I would be doing this in front of the winner and the judge. And also I know you have better game history and experience than Ethan2009 but I fairly think his game was at least equally good to yours.
THUNDER VIPER X

My Channel

Offline Bricc

• ├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤
  • Launcher
    • View Profile
    • Nem-Creator
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2019, 09:47 am »

I happened to check in today and saw this. Just wanted to say that it was totally uncalled for. Your points aren't all necessarily wrong, but there was no need to mention them. And trying to put Ethan down for winning a contest in which he legitimately received the highest votes, whether you agree with the majority or not, was just rude.

Moderator, Moderator Recruiter, Reviewer, Editor

Offline swedenplatformge

• 4th place EGD
  • Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2019, 02:35 pm »
I literally can't stand the anxieties these posts keep giving me so I'll just end it with saying this: I apologize for my bad behavior. I was trying to joke with Ethan and I thought he joked back too since he said "L". And if anyone has seen our interactions recently then you'd know that we're fooling around often, but OKAY FINE, he might've been offended but I still don't know. If he was then I apologize, but if he wasn't then I'm not sorry. As for Konni, yes my behavior is inappropriate so I am sorry about that. I stand by my opinions and I think I should express them, but I should never directly insult someone (even if it wasn't intentional). But yeah apparently I'm horrible at expressing myself.

Now please stop posting, or else I'll lock the thread. Since I want to focus on the game. Dm me regarding my bad behavior if that's what you want to talk about. But only do that there, thanks.

Offline Ethan2009

• Local annoyance.
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • Failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2019, 03:04 pm »
I literally can't stand the anxieties these posts keep giving me so I'll just end it with saying this: I apologize for my bad behavior. I was trying to joke with Ethan and I thought he joked back too since he said "L". And if anyone has seen our interactions recently then you'd know that we're fooling around often, but OKAY FINE, he might've been offended but I still don't know. If he was then I apologize, but if he wasn't then I'm not sorry. As for Konni, yes my behavior is inappropriate so I am sorry about that. I stand by my opinions and I think I should express them, but I should never directly insult someone (even if it wasn't intentional). But yeah apparently I'm horrible at expressing myself.

Now please stop posting, or else I'll lock the thread. Since I want to focus on the game. Dm me regarding my bad behavior if that's what you want to talk about. But only do that there, thanks.
Guys keep posting so he locks the thread. Less people can lose braincells from his posts. Now I will be honest as an Egd judge:

Stop being salty what's done is done now shut up

I did not deserve to win, and you can't blame everything on konni as there were multiple judges

I do think Lord's game was better, but I don't see what experience matters for winning, my game in my opinion was the second best even if others had more experience.

Additionally, I spent like more than a thousand hours on that game so

S
H
U
T
8)

Offline swedenplatformge

• 4th place EGD
  • Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2019, 03:43 pm »
Glad we're on the same page with which game should've won. However, I'm forced to lock this thread since I want my own thread that focuses on the actual game I'm making. And not other things that are irrelevant.

Offline Bricc

• ├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤
  • Launcher
    • View Profile
    • Nem-Creator
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2019, 02:05 pm »
Glad we're on the same page with which game should've won. However, I'm forced to lock this thread since I want my own thread that focuses on the actual game I'm making. And not other things that are irrelevant.

You did start on Ethan first, so you only have yourself to blame. He made some off-topic comments, but you went all out on him. Regardless, good luck with the game.

Moderator, Moderator Recruiter, Reviewer, Editor