Author Topic: Whoopsy Daisy  (Read 817 times)

Offline 7grant2

• General
  • Mogura
  • That One Guy
    • View Profile
Whoopsy Daisy
« on: October 27, 2019, 01:39 pm »
Apologies for the accidental banning of literally EVERY member on Sploder lol.

Offline bestatgames9

• The III
  • Cruiser
  • Present day, present time, hahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
Re: Whoopsy Daisy
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2019, 01:47 pm »
its all good b
The Infinite Standoff

Offline Bricc

• ├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Launcher
    • View Profile
    • Nem-Creator
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2019, 03:12 pm »
Not being funny but I feel as though it was not an accident at all, and that you've only undone your mistake because of backlash.

Moderator, Moderator Recruiter, Reviewer, Editor

Offline kitidudu

• Turret
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2019, 03:27 pm »
its aight grant happens to the best of us
oh

Offline Master

• Everyone’s Favorite
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
  • :8-/
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2019, 03:46 pm »
-deliberately kicks everyone out of the forums.
-oops missed one *bans*
-brings everyone back
-it was an accident!

MOTY:
Weirdest Member 2014 and 2018
4th-Place Nice Member 2016

Soldier Promo - Apr 15

Offline 7grant2

• General
  • Mogura
  • That One Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2019, 03:58 pm »
Not being funny but I feel as though it was not an accident at all, and that you've only undone your mistake because of backlash.
Are you kidding me. Why the hell would I do that. I was unable to undo my mistake, it was Geoff who was able to fix it.

I’m taking the situation light heartedly because although it was a goof up, it was reversible. There was nothing deleted in the accident. I was in the midst of accepting applicants and working on a means of how to ride out the forum for the rest of its lifetime, I had no intention of doing so. I’ve been as transparent about the situation as I can be.

Even if my goal was to ban everyone, why would I expect anything but dismay and disgust from the community?

-deliberately kicks everyone out of the forums.
-oops missed one *bans*
-brings everyone back
-it was an accident!
I admitted it was an accident the exact moment it happened. I tried to undo it by surfing through literally every VPN I had. I gave my credentials to CG cause he said he could log on (turns out his login was just cached). I didn’t hide the fact I did it. I notified all of discord and the staff and arranged for Geoff to undo it the moment I realized what had happened.

I don’t know about you, but my actions were not the actions of someone dealing injustice. I was dealing with the 840 spam applicants and wanted to set up an IP ban on a certain range the bots were using.

Ive served the community for 6 years and have been here 10+. I would never do anything that would harm the community.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 04:00 pm by 7grant2 »

Offline Master

• Everyone’s Favorite
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2019, 04:04 pm »
Are you kidding me. Why the hell would I do that. I was unable to undo my mistake, it was Geoff who was able to fix it.

I’m taking the situation light heartedly because although it was a goof up, it was reversible. There was nothing deleted in the accident. I was in the midst of accepting applicants and working on a means of how to ride out the forum for the rest of its lifetime, I had no intention of doing so. I’ve been as transparent about the situation as I can be.

Even if my goal was to ban everyone, why would I expect anything but dismay and disgust from the community?
I admitted it was an accident the exact moment it happened. I tried to undo it by surfing through literally every VPN I had. I gave my credentials to CG cause he said he could log on (turns out his login was just cached). I didn’t hide the fact I did it. I notified all of discord and the staff and arranged for Geoff to undo it the moment I realized what had happened.

I don’t know about you, but my actions were not the actions of someone dealing injustice. I was dealing with the 840 spam applicants and wanted to set up an IP ban on a certain range the bots were using.

Ive served the community for 6 years and have been here 10+. I would never do anything that would harm the community.
I wasn’t sure what was going on, so I bypassed around the block. You were the only one on there. And then I was banned a minute later. So it looked to me as deliberate.

MOTY:

Soldier Promo - Apr 15

Offline Unovi

• Creator of Phantasm
  • Lieutenant
  • Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2019, 04:08 pm »
You're the only man to ever get one over on Geoff and live. You should be proud.

Offline Demonxz95

• The Demon
  • Speeder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2019, 04:14 pm »
I wasn’t sure what was going on, so I bypassed around the block. You were the only one on there. And then I was banned a minute later. So it looked to me as deliberate.
No, Master. Grant is not Liam. If Grant said he did something by accident, then he did it by accident. There's no forum staff conspiracy going on here at all. Grant was writing a code to ban bot IPs, but the reader misread the code and it banned every IP here. I think it would be in everybody's best interest if you just left right now.

Offline 7grant2

• General
  • Mogura
  • That One Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2019, 04:15 pm »
And apologies for the mild hostility. I’ve just been here and done so much it’s offensive to me to think anyone would imagine I’d go do such a thing.

Offline chucky12

• Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2019, 04:16 pm »
I'm pretty sure if Grant actually wanted to kill the forums, he'd have deleted all the threads or do something other than ban everyone, but maybe that's just me.

Offline 7grant2

• General
  • Mogura
  • That One Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2019, 04:23 pm »
I'm pretty sure if Grant actually wanted to kill the forums, he'd have deleted all the threads or do something other than ban everyone, but maybe that's just me.
Im a Computer Science major. I could have done enough damage to land jail time if I was so inclined. I would never do such a thing though.

Offline Demonxz95

• The Demon
  • Speeder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2019, 04:27 pm »
During the forum's downtime, I added a link to the Discord on the MS through a staff game. Easier access this way.

Offline Shadross

• Soldier
  • Centipede
  • ~Squashawut~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2019, 04:31 pm »
Im a Computer Science major. I could have done enough damage to land jail time if I was so inclined.
Weird flex, but okay
Nani?

Offline Master

• Everyone’s Favorite
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2019, 06:55 pm »
I wasn’t really implying that at all. I don’t know how I got banned after the initial ban. I thought it was deliberate due to that. I thought he was kicking everyone out for some reason, idk what, possibly ending the forums, that’s about it. What bricc had said seemed the most accurate to me at the time, but considering grants response, I reconsider it possibly was an accident but, still wonder why my account was banned a minute after the block after looking through the forums for a bit.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 06:57 pm by Master »

MOTY:

Soldier Promo - Apr 15

Offline Bricc

• ├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Launcher
    • View Profile
    • Nem-Creator
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2019, 07:36 pm »

Look man, I'm not being against you in particular. It's just that I don't feel like I can trust the staff here anymore. And I don't know you personally, despite being around for a good few years, so all I have to go off is what I've seen recently.

And it also seemed to happen at a very convenient time considering it had just been announced that the forums were "no longer actively maintained" and that the staff didn't really care for this place anymore. And to be fair, that would be a good way to get people to join the Discord.

Just my thoughts.

Moderator, Moderator Recruiter, Reviewer, Editor

Offline thepatient

• The Vessel
  • Soldier
  • Cruiser
  • No voice to cry suffering
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2019, 07:42 pm »
brilliant way to get everyone to join the discord innit, banning them so they cant even get the link for the discord

Some truths you can find only when you get lost.

Offline Master

• Everyone’s Favorite
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2019, 07:47 pm »
Grants Fault

MOTY:

Soldier Promo - Apr 15

Offline 7grant2

• General
  • Mogura
  • That One Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2019, 08:22 pm »
Look man, I'm not being against you in particular. It's just that I don't feel like I can trust the staff here anymore. And I don't know you personally, despite being around for a good few years, so all I have to go off is what I've seen recently.

And it also seemed to happen at a very convenient time considering it had just been announced that the forums were "no longer actively maintained" and that the staff didn't really care for this place anymore. And to be fair, that would be a good way to get people to join the Discord.

Just my thoughts.
It is a decent way to get people to hop on the Discord. Hence why I believe everyone should join it for status updates even if you don’t use it right now. But since this forum is already on its way out, I have no reason to expedite i. If people want to use the forum, so be it, as I truly have no reason to try and remove this place. I’m gonna try and help out with any minor changes along with a couple other people, but since our time is much shorter and the user base very small, we just don’t have as much time.

Offline Master

• Everyone’s Favorite
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2019, 08:28 pm »
Can you please unblock my ip on the discord server?

MOTY:

Soldier Promo - Apr 15

Offline 7grant2

• General
  • Mogura
  • That One Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2019, 08:46 pm »
Can you please unblock my ip on the discord server?
You were banned for creeping out the girls and inappropriate comments to them. So no.

Offline TKoS

• The King of Kings
  • Turret
  • I'm kinda hungry....
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2019, 08:53 pm »
Apologies for the accidental banning of literally EVERY member on Sploder lol.
apology accepted

Offline Master

• Everyone’s Favorite
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2019, 08:57 pm »
You were banned for creeping out the girls and inappropriate comments to them. So no.
wtf? That never happened.

MOTY:

Soldier Promo - Apr 15

Offline Master

• Everyone’s Favorite
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2019, 09:03 pm »
I’m seriously confused. Wtf?

MOTY:

Soldier Promo - Apr 15

Offline 7grant2

• General
  • Mogura
  • That One Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2019, 09:10 pm »
That’s at least what I thought. Why do you think you were banned?

Offline Demonxz95

• The Demon
  • Speeder
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2019, 09:11 pm »

Just my thoughts.
I don't see how it's a good way to get people to join the Discord when you remove access to the only place it's available, which is entirely why I made that staff game in the first place.

Offline Master

• Everyone’s Favorite
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2019, 09:11 pm »
That’s at least what I thought. Why do you think you were banned?
I thought I was banned for an out of context joke post I made just before I was banned which I apologized for. That’s basically it.

MOTY:

Soldier Promo - Apr 15

Offline 7grant2

• General
  • Mogura
  • That One Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2019, 09:38 pm »
I thought I was banned for an out of context joke post I made just before I was banned which I apologized for. That’s basically it.
Just double checked. Yup, the girls were not comfy with the comments you made towards them. Also apparently you continually made sexual orientated comments the Discord community was not comfortable with. I'm just the messenger - I wasn't there for that ban, but the sounds like they had good reason.

Offline Master

• Everyone’s Favorite
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2019, 09:48 pm »
Just double checked. Yup, the girls were not comfy with the comments you made towards them. Also apparently you continually made sexual orientated comments the Discord community was not comfortable with. I'm just the messenger - I wasn't there for that ban, but the sounds like they had good reason.
I never made any comments towards any girls. Wtf? Someone asked me about something sexual, shouldn’t have responded, but yeah I did make a joke that was taken out of context.

MOTY:

Soldier Promo - Apr 15

Offline Master

• Everyone’s Favorite
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2019, 09:49 pm »
I’m not really gonna joke as much as I did in the past though. I’ll just check in from time to time.

MOTY:

Soldier Promo - Apr 15