Author Topic: Atheists, explain why you don't believe in a god.  (Read 2396 times)

Offline Master

• Everyone’s Favorite
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
  • :8-/
    • View Profile
Re: Atheists, explain why you don't believe in a god.
« Reply #120 on: September 29, 2019, 02:33 pm »
Lol

Genesis 1:29 is my favorite passage just to point out God approves of marijuana ha ha.
It doesn’t really allude to that.
Mastur Anthony Wunnuhsix

MOTY:
Weirdest Member 2014 and 2018
4th-Place Nice Member 2016

Soldier Promo - Apr 15, 2015
M Rank - May 7, 2015
R Rank - Oct 4, 2015

Offline mk6520

• JUST DONT LOOK DOWN
  • Launcher
  • I am a misfit, I am Christian
    • View Profile
    • mk6520 world
« Reply #121 on: September 29, 2019, 08:19 pm »
Jesus told us that we can do the impossible. Paul said in Philippians "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Jesus said in John 14:12 that we'd do even greater things than Him. The secret is that we are not performing works of our own power, but God's power. And not for our own glory, but God's glory.
lol yeah forgot to mention that. We can do the impossible through God because he gave us the gift of the Holy Spirit but we do not have more power or in this case better then him in any way because we are human :P

sticki

« Reply #122 on: September 29, 2019, 09:11 pm »
What documented instances can be cited as people doing the impossible through God- things that would not have been possible in any way, shape or form without him? Not counting biblical times. Not trying to argue a point just curious if there are any you guys know of

Offline deion789

• Master Kirby Main
  • Speeder
  • the only kid that's experienced at video games
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 29, 2019, 09:12 pm »
lol yeah forgot to mention that. We can do the impossible through God because he gave us the gift of the Holy Spirit but we do not have more power or in this case better then him in any way because we are human :P
exactly what I meant
love u guys (º ν º)

Offline deion789

• Master Kirby Main
  • Speeder
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 29, 2019, 09:17 pm »
What documented instances can be cited as people doing the impossible through God- things that would not have been possible in any way, shape or form without him? Not counting biblical times. Not trying to argue a point just curious if there are any you guys know of
Not much, though I do recall a YT vid I watched that told of people who were able to do things that normal people wouldn't. Most of them are generic, but they are things to be acknowledged.
love u guys (º ν º)

Offline mk6520

• JUST DONT LOOK DOWN
  • Launcher
    • View Profile
    • mk6520 world
« Reply #125 on: September 29, 2019, 11:51 pm »
Well through prayer many people who hve been informed by the doctors that they were going to have a speicifc disease have been miraculously healed.

Offline kof

• mainsite office employeeee
  • Soldier
  • Cruiser
    • View Profile
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #126 on: September 30, 2019, 03:24 pm »
Well through prayer many people who hve been informed by the doctors that they were going to have a speicifc disease have been miraculously healed.
is that not per chance though? ie. they're the type of disease which can be miraculously healed, or it just healed as normal and was treated as a miracle? and what about others who end up dying therefrom?

sticki

« Reply #127 on: September 30, 2019, 05:45 pm »
Are there any cited documented instances?

Offline mk6520

• JUST DONT LOOK DOWN
  • Launcher
    • View Profile
    • mk6520 world
« Reply #128 on: October 01, 2019, 11:41 pm »
is that not per chance though? ie. they're the type of disease which can be miraculously healed, or it just healed as normal and was treated as a miracle? and what about others who end up dying therefrom?
You can call it chance. Why? Because you guys dont want to believe that there is a God there, that will help. Why? Because you thought the impossible is the impossible, but God can do the Impossible including healing impossible diseases. God is higher then us, which is why he is in heaven and we are on Earth, his mind is greater then ours. Therefore we may not fulling understand his thinking. People who have been miraculously healed are open to the fact that there is a God out there and it isnt by chance that they have been healed. They knew that someone is out there helping and supporting them throughout their lives, because God loves them. Which could be the reason why he did it in the first place. He will do anything to find you. Those who are lost in the dark, no matter what. Just like the lost sheep parable in the Bible. Plus we have to understand that God is not a genie. Just because we pray, doesnt mean it automatically happens. If you want to know why, just watch the movie Aladdin. It becomes clear that man will destroy the world due to our sins if God was a genie.Healing is seen as proof of a person’s faith and of God’s love. This is shown in this example where a parent will not give everything the child wants every single time, no matter how much that parent likes that child. In other words we do not want to be spoiled. Because if you are like me, spoil kids are wierd.

Are there any cited documented instances?
Take the Bible for example,it shows
"Lists of the greatest miracles in the Bible would differ depending on whom you ask. Is the greatest miracle in the Bible the time the sun stood still for Joshua (Joshua 10:12–14)? Is it the parting of the Red Sea (Exodus 14)? Is it the movement of the sun’s shadow backward ten steps (Isaiah 38:7–8)? The resurrection of Christ (Matthew 28:1–8)? The feeding of 5,000 (Mark 6:35–44)? Or maybe the greatest miracle in the Bible is the creation of the world (Genesis 1)."
And dont say, just because they are in the Bible it is not true. The Bible is a historical document as well. And just like any other historical document, we can take it litterally.

Well if you still dont want to hear about those miracles there is the dancing sun in the Philippines. Where three girls phropersiced the sun will dance as a result of Mary telling them. If the three children did not trust that miracles will happen then the dancing sun maywould not occur. During this event many people too have been miraculously healed. Someone even recorded the sun dancing on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF0_ysUivxE (Go to around 2min and 30secs)

Offline Bolsillos

• The Bohobemeister
  • Mortar
  • Don't be a hater, be a tater!
    • View Profile
    • The Bohobemeister (my YouTube channel)

That's what Bohobes look like.

Sherlock Holmes from Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 (Ace Attorney)

Offline seanthechinaman

• MRE
  • Launcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 02, 2019, 07:38 am »
Take the Bible for example,it shows
"Lists of the greatest miracles in the Bible would differ depending on whom you ask. Is the greatest miracle in the Bible the time the sun stood still for Joshua (Joshua 10:12–14)? Is it the parting of the Red Sea (Exodus 14)? Is it the movement of the sun’s shadow backward ten steps (Isaiah 38:7–8)? The resurrection of Christ (Matthew 28:1–8)? The feeding of 5,000 (Mark 6:35–44)? Or maybe the greatest miracle in the Bible is the creation of the world (Genesis 1)."
And dont say, just because they are in the Bible it is not true. The Bible is a historical document as well. And just like any other historical document, we can take it litterally.

Well if you still dont want to hear about those miracles there is the dancing sun in the Philippines. Where three girls phropersiced the sun will dance as a result of Mary telling them. If the three children did not trust that miracles will happen then the dancing sun maywould not occur. During this event many people too have been miraculously healed. Someone even recorded the sun dancing on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF0_ysUivxE (Go to around 2min and 30secs)
historical documents are often backed up by physical evidence ( ie. fossils, ancient artifacts, ruins )
is it even possible to physical prove any of these miracles? how convenient

also wtf am i looking at in this video, a rainbow behind a statue of Jesus? what a novel coincidence
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 07:40 am by seanthechinaman »

sticki

« Reply #131 on: October 02, 2019, 08:00 am »
I wasn't trying to say no evidence existed, I'm just wondering if anything documented OUTSIDE of the bible exists.

I didn't know what to expect with that video but please don't take it seriously, whoever was filming it was just turning the exposure up and down distorting the lighting. That was a stationary sun.

Offline Wind

• Subutai אִיּוֹב 🐣
  • Centipede
  • i have a lot of opinions so, st
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 03, 2019, 12:30 am »
christians: oh my god my religion doesn't even explain what order i should clip my toe nails in what am i going to do im so confused

jews:
Unapologetically Jewish. Bisexual. Very satisfied with life.

Offline konnichihasalt

• General
  • Mortar
  • Purity EGD7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 03, 2019, 01:02 am »
christians: Blue his house with a blue little window

jews: And a blue Corvette

christians: And everything is blue for him

jews: And himself and everybody around

christians: 'Cause he ain't got nobody to listen (to listen, to listen)

mormons:

Offline mk6520

• JUST DONT LOOK DOWN
  • Launcher
    • View Profile
    • mk6520 world
« Reply #134 on: October 03, 2019, 02:17 am »
historical documents are often backed up by physical evidence ( ie. fossils, ancient artifacts, ruins )
is it even possible to physical prove any of these miracles? how convenient

also wtf am i looking at in this video, a rainbow behind a statue of Jesus? what a novel coincidence
But we know it exists because of the people that experience them.  Which may even include ourselves. We know that they arent lying if they were an atheist, a strong atheist who now believe in God because of a miracle. They know that there is a God out there that loves them. We cant physically prove miracles by like performing one right now, they are called miracles for a reason and only happen at rare occasional times as like it stated previously, God is not a genie, miracles are a proof of a God existing. A God who loves us. Science cant prove everything. Because we arent God, we do not know everything. Because we are human. By the way for the video your suppose to watch from 2:30 mins onwards.
I wasn't trying to say no evidence existed, I'm just wondering if anything documented OUTSIDE of the bible exists.

I didn't know what to expect with that video but please don't take it seriously, whoever was filming it was just turning the exposure up and down distorting the lighting. That was a stationary sun.
Sorry if I misinterpreted it. Are you saying if the events in the Bible are supported by outside resources? If yes then thousands of ancient documents proof the events happen in the old testament and the New Testament are real such as the Dead sea scrolls. Jesus actually existed as documented from Jewish manuscripts. Other cultural documents have  referenced to Jesus existing such as this quote: “Nero fastened the guilt and inflicted the most exquisite tortures on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilatus …” From the roman leader and historian, Tacitus. This is exactly what the New Testament in the Bible says and Tacitus wasnt even Christian, he was Jewish. He was forced to mention Jesus because he existed even if he doesnt like it, he existed. If Jesus is proven to exist then its proof that what Jesus did could be taken truthfully as well. Jesus is the reason why how we record time existed. Another proof that everything in the Bible is legit is what we use in history called textual  riticism where we compare documents with each other in order to prove if they are reall or not. BC and AD also proves that God exists. Prophecies that have been predicted have been fulfilled as well. Jesus being alive was actually predicted by the old testament as well as Jesus death.

If the sun was really stationary and if the recorder was actually moving the camera to make it to appear like the sun is dancing then that could be proved false. This is emphasised by the people in front of the cameraman, how can the people stay still and appear stationary at the exact time the sun is dancing? This must mean that the sun is actually dancing.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 04:18 am by mk6520 »

Offline mk6520

• JUST DONT LOOK DOWN
  • Launcher
    • View Profile
    • mk6520 world
« Reply #135 on: October 03, 2019, 02:21 am »
christians: oh my god my religion doesn't even explain what order i should clip my toe nails in what am i going to do im so confused

jews:
If this is just a rude joke please have some respect, just as I have respect for you and your religion of being a jew.

Just because something doesnt mention in the Bible that doesnt mean we should be in confusion. That means we are aloud to use our free choice to do what we think should be done. For example you gave the example of what order should happen when we are clipping our toe nails. Since it is not mentioned in the Bible we can take whatever order we want, what suits us the best. This also proves that we do not have a destiny as we are a creation with free will.

Offline william2001

• Leader of the Cult of Apep. Please make sure to get your instructional video on the way out. Don't listen to the strange voice in your head. Thanks.
  • Soldier
  • Launcher
  • "There is no fiction." -Neville Goddard | YTMND will forever be greater than Vine OR TikTok combined. Never forget.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 03, 2019, 06:42 am »
If this is just a rude joke please have some respect, just as I have respect for you and your religion of being a jew.
You didn't act like you had any respect for my religious position.

Offline Wind

• Subutai אִיּוֹב 🐣
  • Centipede
  • i have a lot of opinions so, st
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 03, 2019, 06:43 am »

Just because something doesnt mention in the Bible that doesnt mean we should be in confusion. That means we are aloud to use our free choice to do what we think should be done. For example you gave the example of what order should happen when we are clipping our toe nails. Since it is not mentioned in the Bible we can take whatever order we want, what suits us the best. This also proves that we do not have a destiny as we are a creation with free will.
I'm just poking fun at the differences between how our religions approach law and the sometimes excessive legalism of my own religion. I apologize if I offended you.
Unapologetically Jewish. Bisexual. Very satisfied with life.

Offline seanthechinaman

• MRE
  • Launcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 03, 2019, 07:31 am »
this is hard to read. i give up

Offline mk6520

• JUST DONT LOOK DOWN
  • Launcher
    • View Profile
    • mk6520 world
« Reply #139 on: October 03, 2019, 08:07 am »
You didn't act like you had any respect for my religious position.
Dude you didnt either. You took verses from the Bible to attack the Bible plus you said how some events (When Deion mentioned about Revelation) in the Bible is a "dangerous" belief.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 08:09 am by mk6520 »

Offline raddude62896

• Turret
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 03, 2019, 08:38 am »
theres some stuff in the bible that i think arent true. for instance, the ark. so god said to bring 2 of every animal. what about the others? he just made this big flood and killed them? i dont believe that. and having only a male and female making babies then how did they make babies? they would have had to mated with their own family. and its not a guarantee that the female will have male and female babies. another thing, the 10 commandments. why on earth would god tell moses to put them on stone? i mean why not put them on wood or animal skin or something like paper. stuff like they used way back before paper was invented. ive read that people think the bible is just a bunch of made up stories. idk what to believe

Offline raddude62896

• Turret
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 03, 2019, 08:46 am »
lets just say the big bang really happen. why the heck would each planet be different and earth be the only one with life? duh cuz god made everything on earth

Offline william2001

• Leader of the Cult of Apep. Please make sure to get your instructional video on the way out. Don't listen to the strange voice in your head. Thanks.
  • Soldier
  • Launcher
  • "There is no fiction." -Neville Goddard | YTMND will forever be greater than Vine OR TikTok combined. Never forget.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 03, 2019, 12:00 pm »
Dude you didnt either. You took verses from the Bible to attack the Bible plus you said how some events (When Deion mentioned about Revelation) in the Bible is a "dangerous" belief.
I explained my opinion on the matter and used an interpretation of the bible to support my religious beliefs and then you started attacking it. When I tried explaining you kept using the same arguments over and over even though I had just refuted them, not only that but you also kept misinterpreting my points as well.

Offline mk6520

• JUST DONT LOOK DOWN
  • Launcher
    • View Profile
    • mk6520 world
« Reply #143 on: October 03, 2019, 07:47 pm »
I'm just poking fun at the differences between how our religions approach law and the sometimes excessive legalism of my own religion. I apologize if I offended you.
Sorry if I jumped out of nowhere lol
theres some stuff in the bible that i think arent true. for instance, the ark. so god said to bring 2 of every animal. what about the others? he just made this big flood and killed them? i dont believe that. and having only a male and female making babies then how did they make babies? they would have had to mated with their own family. and its not a guarantee that the female will have male and female babies. another thing, the 10 commandments. why on earth would god tell moses to put them on stone? i mean why not put them on wood or animal skin or something like paper. stuff like they used way back before paper was invented. ive read that people think the bible is just a bunch of made up stories. idk what to believe
When God said he brang two of every animal, he did. He brought two of every kind and not every species. For example you know how there is many different breeds of dogs but they all come from the kind Canis familiaris. So God would most likely bring two of Canis familiaris rather then two of every different breed of dogs. With your commandment thing I have no idea why you have anything against stone. Its God choice to place in the stone, plus if he would have placed it on animal skin or something, alternatively you will probably say why God cant put it in stone lol. It doesnt matter, the point of the commandments is to help and teach us how we should live our lives the way God wants us not what material the commandments are using.
I explained my opinion on the matter and used an interpretation of the bible to support my religious beliefs and then you started attacking it. When I tried explaining you kept using the same arguments over and over even though I had just refuted them, not only that but you also kept misinterpreting my points as well.
Dude this is what started the thing anyway, your not even Christian and the thing when you use verses of the Bible to attack itself is what really got me mad. By the way if you never noticed, the point of a debate is to attack each others points, plus you did not refute any of mine as I refuted yours.

Offline william2001

• Soldier
  • Launcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 03, 2019, 10:05 pm »
Dude this is what started the thing anyway, your not even Christian and the thing when you use verses of the Bible to attack itself is what really got me mad. By the way if you never noticed, the point of a debate is to attack each others points, plus you did not refute any of mine as I refuted yours.
How is critically analyzing the Bible and taking a different interpretation to it make you mad? Does it challenge your deeply-set fundamental beliefs, and that's why you got so angry? I believe they call that "blasphemy", which is a form of wrongthink in the modern Christian religion. Also, I never said I was Christian. I said I might've been considered Christian two thousand years ago, there is a difference there. It seems like you're still misinterpreting my points.
I stated that the possibility was open for you to try the beliefs yourself, and you didn't take it. Instead, you decided to misinterpret what I say, make your points based off of arguments I didn't even make, and went in a circular motion by explaining your religion and interpretation of the Bible while never even explaining beyond "thats just not how god works" how exactly I am in the wrong.
The point was not to refute your beliefs, but rather to open up the possibility of a different belief if you so desire. Obviously, you didn't take it and instead went on the critical offensive.

Offline mk6520

• JUST DONT LOOK DOWN
  • Launcher
    • View Profile
    • mk6520 world
« Reply #145 on: October 03, 2019, 11:54 pm »
How is critically analyzing the Bible and taking a different interpretation to it make you mad? Does it challenge your deeply-set fundamental beliefs, and that's why you got so angry? I believe they call that "blasphemy", which is a form of wrongthink in the modern Christian religion. Also, I never said I was Christian. I said I might've been considered Christian two thousand years ago, there is a difference there. It seems like you're still misinterpreting my points.
I stated that the possibility was open for you to try the beliefs yourself, and you didn't take it. Instead, you decided to misinterpret what I say, make your points based off of arguments I didn't even make, and went in a circular motion by explaining your religion and interpretation of the Bible while never even explaining beyond "thats just not how god works" how exactly I am in the wrong.
The point was not to refute your beliefs, but rather to open up the possibility of a different belief if you so desire. Obviously, you didn't take it and instead went on the critical offensive.
If you have beliefs and are willing to share them, you are open to the fact that you are going to get judged and your going to have a debate.Blasphemy means speaking badly about a religion you spoke badly about mine by using the Bible to attack itself. You can critically analyze the Bible and use your own analysis to determine what you think but what I dislike is the fact you got verses from the Bible and then use them to prove your point even though when you read prior verses to that verse or after that verse they have nothing to do on what you have said. Its like quoting someone saying " Puppies are awesome and they love to lick me for fun and to show they care" to "We can prove that puppies are evil by this quote where someone says how "puppies are" horrible and that they "love to lick" them for hate and disgust. You use the quotes/verses to prove an opposite point to what the whole message is trying to say. Thats what made me mad. By the way just say what religion you are for once, instead of placing it in riddles. Oh you "may call me Christian 2000 years ago" thats dumb ok. You could be any religion,you could be jewish or others. Christianity developed from Jews, be more specific. Plus just because you tell me to do  something that doesnt mean I have to do it. If you never noticed God gave us free will like I said last time. And I chose not to do what you tell me to do. The only points I got from you anyway is that we are all genies and somehow the world is not in choas or we are not like the movie Aladdin, magically.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 12:07 am by mk6520 »

Offline kof

• Soldier
  • Cruiser
    • View Profile
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #146 on: October 09, 2019, 11:48 pm »
[shortened]
nono i think you missed the point, how can you be so sure that the people who die of these diseases didn't pray more than anyone else that it would work out? how can you be so sure the people who survived the unsurvivable didn't just do so through dice rolling and statistical chance?

Offline mk6520

• JUST DONT LOOK DOWN
  • Launcher
    • View Profile
    • mk6520 world
« Reply #147 on: October 22, 2019, 04:54 am »
nono i think you missed the point, how can you be so sure that the people who die of these diseases didn't pray more than anyone else that it would work out?
In the end its up to God, its God decision of what happens, not us. But if we pray and build a relationship with him we can hope that God will give us a miracle which can be dependent on your faith as well. Miracles happen for a reason. God does these miracles to wake us up, to open our eyes, that he is the one and only true God.

how can you be so sure the people who survived the unsurvivable didn't just do so through dice rolling and statistical chance?
Ok, imagine if you have a disease that the doctors say that you are going to die the next day and there is no way to stop it. All hope you have will be lost. But if you continue praying and building a relationship with him, a miracle may occur. And when you reach the next day, you survived and the doctors say that you have been miraculously healed. Do you think that you survived by chance? Wont you think that there is a God out there who loves you so much and cared for you that he made your sickness, the impossible healed?

Offline kof

• Soldier
  • Cruiser
    • View Profile
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #148 on: October 30, 2019, 03:46 pm »
Ok, imagine if you have a disease that the doctors say that you are going to die the next day and there is no way to stop it. All hope you have will be lost. But if you continue praying and building a relationship with him, a miracle may occur. And when you reach the next day, you survived and the doctors say that you have been miraculously healed. Do you think that you survived by chance? Wont you think that there is a God out there who loves you so much and cared for you that he made your sickness, the impossible healed?
well doctors never say a patient has a 100% chance of dying at a definitive time because usually that isn't the case. they'd say it's very likely that you'd only survive the next day, but if you do survive longer then that just means you're incredible lucky in my eyes. that's just pure chance

Offline deion789

• Master Kirby Main
  • Speeder
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 03, 2019, 05:54 pm »
i really think we are misunderstanding eachother's religions, which is the main reason why we're debating about this. do you really think an atheist would be able to fully understand a christian's beliefs if he has never been one himself? same goes for other religions.
love u guys (º ν º)