Author Topic: Atheists, explain why you don't believe in a god.  (Read 1179 times)

Offline deion789

• Master Kirby Main
  • Speeder
  • the only kid that's experienced at video games
    • View Profile
Re: Atheists, explain why you don't believe in a god.
« Reply #90 on: September 06, 2019, 04:55 pm »
If you meant free will then yes. God gave us the power of free will and we must not take advantage and misuse it. But if you meant how we could do the impossible,then no your wrong as only God has that power ;)
I meant free will and ''impossible'' things that God allows us to do.
love u guys (º ν º)

Offline mk6520

• JUST DONT LOOK DOWN
  • Guard
  • I am a misfit, I am Christian
    • View Profile
    • mk6520 world
« Reply #91 on: September 06, 2019, 09:31 pm »
I meant free will and ''impossible'' things that God allows us to do.
like I was saying to William we cannot do the "impossible" as we arent God.

Offline mk6520

• JUST DONT LOOK DOWN
  • Guard
    • View Profile
    • mk6520 world
« Reply #92 on: September 06, 2019, 09:43 pm »
"You're misinterpreting my points. Jesus is god, but Jesus is also man. Jesus could perform those acts that had to be greater than his beliefs meaning that he had to believe in himself more than he believed in the physical world's "laws". People are god, but they can unknowingly use their godly power to make themselves feel like they're not god and feel like they're bound by strict, physical laws. We are able to perform things that are considered impossible.
Each person has their own view of reality as reality is ultimately subjective. Therefore, each "impossible" thing can be done when perceived by one person, yet at the same time remain not seen by others who do not subscribe to the belief that one impossible thing can be done. Creation is already finished because time is an illusion. What happened 10 years ago is still happening now, just in a different plane of existence parallel to this one. Our physical bodies don't have free will because they're commanded by the mind/imagination (which is our godly power) which happens to have free will. If we imagine something, we're using our minds' free will to pull that into fruition. Our bodies have to act it out in order for it to come true as is God's (our) power. Plus, even basic psychology proves that most of our decisions are unconscious, meaning that we felt like we decided on that decision but really, it wasn't our body that chose it"

Well in Christianity, we dont believe that we are God. Due to the fact that if we were God, we would not need help from someone greater then us because we are God ourselves and we will have the mindset of thinking that we dont need someone to help us and guide us throughout our lives. Thats why Christianity is great. Because we dont have to do life alone. We know we are not perfect. Therefore we know that we all sin. But when we are feeling those times where we are Depressed. Lonely. Or hurt. We can remember what God had did two thousand years ago, dieing on the cross to show us what true love is, to show us how powerful the almighty God is. The first and the last. The Alpha and the Omega. That is our God. Someone who will be with us every step of the way, so we dont have to do it alone. He gave us the Holy spirit. A Gift. Which will continue to give us gifts itself. The holy spirit is all we need. Ever wonder why people in China have seen Jesus in their dreams? Well its because the Bible is banned there. Its because worship is banned there. But God will always find a way, to get into our hearts, so we can get a strong relationship with him. Through our struggles. Through our hurt. We always have to remember to never 'look down, but to look up child.' Because God is watching us from the heavens. He is higher then us. His children on the Earth. Our God loved us so much, he died on the cross taking in all the sin onto himself, he gave us the power of free will so we can choose to love God, not so we are forced to love God. Our God is so perfect he made sure all the atoms on the Earth work together to form chemical reactions or how trees gain photosynthesis. Our Earth is beautiful. Because our God is beautiful. Christianity is God searching for us, not man searching for God. All we have to do is let God in. God Bless  ;)

Offline deion789

• Master Kirby Main
  • Speeder
  • the only kid that's experienced at video games
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 06, 2019, 10:56 pm »

like I was saying to William we cannot do the "impossible" as we arent God.
yes but it can be given
love u guys (º ν º)

Offline Wind

• im gay. im jewish. i really like politics.
  • Centipede
  • i hate 2013 wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 06, 2019, 11:29 pm »
sadly, christianity is wrong. sad jew gang hours!
PLEASE VORE ME NOW

also drew cute lol

Offline william2001

• Leader of the Cult of Apep. Please make sure to get your instructional video on the way out. Don't listen to the strange voice in your head. Thanks.
  • Soldier
  • Launcher
  • "There is no fiction." -Neville Goddard | YTMND will forever be greater than Vine OR TikTok combined. Never forget.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 06, 2019, 11:49 pm »
Well in Christianity, we dont believe that we are God. Due to the fact that if we were God, we would not need help from someone greater then us because we are God ourselves and we will have the mindset of thinking that we dont need someone to help us and guide us throughout our lives. Thats why Christianity is great. Because we dont have to do life alone. We know we are not perfect. Therefore we know that we all sin. But when we are feeling those times where we are Depressed. Lonely. Or hurt. We can remember what God had did two thousand years ago, dieing on the cross to show us what true love is, to show us how powerful the almighty God is. The first and the last. The Alpha and the Omega. That is our God. Someone who will be with us every step of the way, so we dont have to do it alone. He gave us the Holy spirit. A Gift. Which will continue to give us gifts itself. The holy spirit is all we need. Ever wonder why people in China have seen Jesus in their dreams? Well its because the Bible is banned there. Its because worship is banned there. But God will always find a way, to get into our hearts, so we can get a strong relationship with him. Through our struggles. Through our hurt. We always have to remember to never 'look down, but to look up child.' Because God is watching us from the heavens. He is higher then us. His children on the Earth. Our God loved us so much, he died on the cross taking in all the sin onto himself, he gave us the power of free will so we can choose to love God, not so we are forced to love God. Our God is so perfect he made sure all the atoms on the Earth work together to form chemical reactions or how trees gain photosynthesis. Our Earth is beautiful. Because our God is beautiful. Christianity is God searching for us, not man searching for God. All we have to do is let God in. God Bless  ;)
Okay, cool. That only tells me what you currently believe, and it doesn't refute any of my previous points. God (you and me) bless

Offline mk6520

• JUST DONT LOOK DOWN
  • Guard
    • View Profile
    • mk6520 world
« Reply #96 on: September 07, 2019, 12:05 am »
Okay, cool. That only tells me what you currently believe, and it doesn't refute any of my previous points. God (you and me) bless
Techniqually it was a rebutal as well if you looked before :P about free will and why we aint God :P

Offline mk6520

• JUST DONT LOOK DOWN
  • Guard
    • View Profile
    • mk6520 world
« Reply #97 on: September 07, 2019, 12:07 am »

yes but it can be given
If you meant the holy spirit can be given to us then yes. But if you meant God giving us genie powers then no.

Offline william2001

• Leader of the Cult of Apep. Please make sure to get your instructional video on the way out. Don't listen to the strange voice in your head. Thanks.
  • Soldier
  • Launcher
  • "There is no fiction." -Neville Goddard | YTMND will forever be greater than Vine OR TikTok combined. Never forget.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 07, 2019, 12:20 am »
Techniqually it was a rebutal as well if you looked before :P about free will and why we aint God :P
I refuted both your points and I don't see a counterargument besides you telling me your beliefs. I don't want to give my full faith into one external being when the power of the world is within me

Offline mk6520

• JUST DONT LOOK DOWN
  • Guard
    • View Profile
    • mk6520 world
« Reply #99 on: September 07, 2019, 01:37 am »
I refuted both your points and I don't see a counterargument besides you telling me your beliefs. I don't want to give my full faith into one external being when the power of the world is within me
I actually attacked your points if you didnt noticed. You said how we are gods. I said "Due to the fact that if we were God, we would not need help from someone greater then us because we are God ourselves and we will have the mindset of thinking that we dont need someone to help us and guide us throughout our lives." emphasising how you are saying we have to do life alone but with Christianity you dont. Not only that but God is higher in status then us, thats why he is in heaven and we are on Earth. You said how God isnt perfect, I said "Our God is so perfect he made sure all the atoms on the Earth work together to form chemical reactions or how trees gain photosynthesis. Our Earth is beautiful. Because our God is beautiful." Plus I said how we have free will as God died on our sins to show us what true love is, as before true love did not exist. See "We can remember what God had did two thousand years ago, dieing on the cross to show us what true love i"

Basically you said you love having power
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 01:48 am by mk6520 »

Offline thepatient

• The Vessel
  • Soldier
  • Cruiser
  • No voice to cry suffering
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 07, 2019, 12:01 pm »
sans and banjo are in the same game, im convinced god exists now

Some truths you can find only when you get lost.

Offline william2001

• Soldier
  • Launcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 07, 2019, 12:44 pm »
I actually attacked your points if you didnt noticed. You said how we are gods. I said "Due to the fact that if we were God, we would not need help from someone greater then us because we are God ourselves and we will have the mindset of thinking that we dont need someone to help us and guide us throughout our lives." emphasising how you are saying we have to do life alone but with Christianity you dont. Not only that but God is higher in status then us, thats why he is in heaven and we are on Earth. You said how God isnt perfect, I said "Our God is so perfect he made sure all the atoms on the Earth work together to form chemical reactions or how trees gain photosynthesis. Our Earth is beautiful. Because our God is beautiful." Plus I said how we have free will as God died on our sins to show us what true love is, as before true love did not exist. See "We can remember what God had did two thousand years ago, dieing on the cross to show us what true love i"
You're just arguing for why Christianity is your go-to religion. I'm saying the human mask God puts on when he goes down to Earth and unknowingly takes the form of a human body is imperfect. God made everything, and then in order to immerse himself in his creation, came down and took it upon himself to become (temporarily) a human, thereby forgetting that he was God in order to rediscover himself. Our masks don't have free will, but our true selves (God) has free will.

Think of it this way, whenever you dream and see other people as well as objects, do they exist outside of you? And, just because you have created that dream, does it mean you're lucid inside of it all the time? Just because there are people in that dream that seem to display sentience and consciousness, does that make them real?

Also, about your alone argument and an external God apparently being with us in Christianity, you're essentially just saying that Christianity is superior because it brings you comfort. Get off of those training wheels and discover your true power. Feel free to keep believing in Christianity if you want, but you can always test and experiment with other things if you so choose. Personally, putting all my faith into an external being is the most discomforting thing I can ever possibly do.
Basically you said you love having power
Nope, I'm saying I'm loving the process of rediscovering my true self.

Offline 7grant2

• Mogura
  • That One Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 07, 2019, 08:22 pm »
Despite no one addressing my points, I find everyone’s assumptions of their religion a pretty good read

Offline mk6520

• JUST DONT LOOK DOWN
  • Guard
    • View Profile
    • mk6520 world
« Reply #103 on: September 07, 2019, 08:44 pm »

"You're just arguing for why Christianity is your go-to religion. "

*facepalm* I litterally said why we arent Gods, why God is perfect etc.

"I'm saying the human mask God puts on when he goes down to Earth and unknowingly takes the form of a human body is imperfect. God made everything, and then in order to immerse himself in his creation, came down and took it upon himself to become (temporarily) a human, thereby forgetting that he was God in order to rediscover himself. Our masks don't have free will, but our true selves (God) has free will."

Why would God need to discover himself then make himself forget everything? That would make a lot of nonsense. God is in heaven. We are not,yet. God knows **everything** about us. So there is no need for him to discover himself if we were God. And about your free will then you pick one or the other you cant say, we dont have free will but we do. Its like your saying you are feeling boiling hot but cold like winter.

"Think of it this way, whenever you dream and see other people as well as objects, do they exist outside of you? And, just because you have created that dream, does it mean you're lucid inside of it all the time? Just because there are people in that dream that seem to display sentience and consciousness, does that make them real?"
You have to understand that life isnt a dream. Its called reality for a reason. Its obvious that we are not dreaming if we experience physical pain if we papercut ourselves or other stuff. We create the dream in our heads which are false but we know there is a reality and something that is true if we know what is false.

"Also, about your alone argument and an external God apparently being with us in Christianity, you're essentially just saying that Christianity is superior because it brings you comfort. Get off of those training wheels and discover your true power. Feel free to keep believing in Christianity if you want, but you can always test and experiment with other things if you so choose. Personally, putting all my faith into an external being is the most discomforting thing I can ever possibly do."

Im saying that God risked having all the sins laied on him to save all of us. God is our father. Our creator. Our master. Of course he brings us confort. If you have a loving father of course you want to spend time with him. To feel loved. To feel save. We are Children of God. We are not God. Maybe you should get off your magic world thinking you have the power when you know that deep inside your heart you dont. Everyone has a weakness, everyone knows their limits. We aint spiderman or superman. And if you just noticed they are fake and only appear in the movies. Thats why we need Jesus in our life, to not only build a relationship with him but to get more and more people to know him as well. God is perfect because he knew how everything would work. If God isnt perfect our world wouldnt be what it is now. Things so detailed would not work with each other well and would cause our world to be in destruction. I mean imagine if all phagocytes does not send chemical message to nearby lymphocytes in the body to identify the type of antibody needed to neutralise the pathogens? Our body will be always sick. But because God is perfect he thought of what our body needs to fight of infection. If he wasnt perfect that process wouldnt work. Science not only proves that God exist but also proves how perfect he is. I know that through science if I throw a ball in the air it will always come down. Why? Because there is gravity on Earth. God made it so things that go up must come down. Imagine if he wasnt perfect. And if we throw a ball in the air, we dont know if the ball will continue to go up in the air or come down, why because it has faults. And if God isnt perfect, Science wouldnt exist because we would not know how things would work because things would always happen unexpectedly. Plus believing in only yourself is the saddest thing ever.  Because your hope is only yourself. Ouch.

"Nope, I'm saying I'm loving the process of rediscovering my true self."

In other words you mean yes.

Offline william2001

• Soldier
  • Launcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 07, 2019, 11:52 pm »
"You're just arguing for why Christianity is your go-to religion. "

*facepalm* I litterally said why we arent Gods, why God is perfect etc.
No you didn't you said why you BELIEVE we weren't Gods, just based off of the Christian religion. Well, also based off the Christian religion (the Bible) as a certain interpretation, we are exactly Gods.
Why would God need to discover himself then make himself forget everything? That would make a lot of nonsense. God is in heaven. We are not,yet. God knows **everything** about us. So there is no need for him to discover himself if we were God. And about your free will then you pick one or the other you cant say, we dont have free will but we do. Its like your saying you are feeling boiling hot but cold like winter.
It's simple. How boring would it be if you were to take in creation all at once? That is, if God even intended to create everything around us and his own temporary limitations.
You have to understand that life isnt a dream. Its called reality for a reason. Its obvious that we are not dreaming if we experience physical pain if we papercut ourselves or other stuff. We create the dream in our heads which are false but we know there is a reality and something that is true if we know what is false.
How, exactly, do you know it's not a dream? Can you prove reality's existence? In very specific, vivid types of dreams, you can feel pain as a matter of fact. Some people have even been able to control their dreams in a way where they have "persistent realms" (or persistent dreams, if you will) whereby even after waking up, if they go back to bed, they'll be in the same dream they were in last night, and if they were to "die" in that dream, they wouldn't be able to experience it anymore.
Also consider that when you live IN the dream, most of the time you wouldn't be able to tell you were dreaming. Afterall, to you and I when we go to sleep 99% of the time, everything in the dream seems to make sense, it's only after you wake up from that dream do you realize that nothing made sense about it. The same could be applied to """reality""". Some people have even been able to make their dreams feel more real, concrete, and consistent by applying logic, history, and meaning to certain objects inside the dream as well as assumptions/beliefs about the current dream to make it feel more real. Some have even speculated they might be stuck there if they do it too long.

Im saying that God risked having all the sins laied on him to save all of us. God is our father. Our creator. Our master. Of course he brings us confort. If you have a loving father of course you want to spend time with him. To feel loved. To feel save. We are Children of God. We are not God. Maybe you should get off your magic world thinking you have the power when you know that deep inside your heart you dont. Everyone has a weakness, everyone knows their limits. We aint spiderman or superman. And if you just noticed they are fake and only appear in the movies. Thats why we need Jesus in our life, to not only build a relationship with him but to get more and more people to know him as well. God is perfect because he knew how everything would work. If God isnt perfect our world wouldnt be what it is now. Things so detailed would not work with each other well and would cause our world to be in destruction. I mean imagine if all phagocytes does not send chemical message to nearby lymphocytes in the body to identify the type of antibody needed to neutralise the pathogens? Our body will be always sick. But because God is perfect he thought of what our body needs to fight of infection. If he wasnt perfect that process wouldnt work. Science not only proves that God exist but also proves how perfect he is. I know that through science if I throw a ball in the air it will always come down. Why? Because there is gravity on Earth. God made it so things that go up must come down. Imagine if he wasnt perfect. And if we throw a ball in the air, we dont know if the ball will continue to go up in the air or come down, why because it has faults. And if God isnt perfect, Science wouldnt exist because we would not know how things would work because things would always happen unexpectedly. Plus believing in only yourself is the saddest thing ever.  Because your hope is only yourself. Ouch.
We create things/beliefs subconsciously all the time. It's entirely possible that as we came into this "dream" we subconsciously started giving stuff meaning (or maybe we did it on purpose, but just don't remember). You underestimate the power of your inner imagination. How many times have you come across deja vu sensations, ""coincidences"", and other things that are seemingly impossible, such as the placebo effect. Furthermore, studies have been conducted and shown that if you were to imagine yourself working out, running, or generally exercising, then your body would lose a good amount of calories, perhaps maybe even half, or more, than those that you would lose just by working out physically!
---

You'll never know if you don't try. I've given you the methods to trying to discover your inner power. I can't force you to do anything, but you can do the work yourself if you feel curious.

Feel free to take it, or leave it. I'm not discussing anymore on this topic because I feel as though all I can say has been said. If you doubt it, just try it. You will see for yourself, like I have, that THOUGHTS, BELIEFS, and ASSUMPTIONS are what the base of our reality is built upon.

Or don't try it, it doesn't matter to me. I'm just opening you up to the possibility. For everyone else in this thread, feel free to try it as well. Who knows, you might find something you didn't expect. It costs nothing, yet you gain everything.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 12:15 am by william2001 »

Offline thepatient

• The Vessel
  • Soldier
  • Cruiser
  • No voice to cry suffering
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 08, 2019, 04:19 am »
god isnt perfect unless he is named yugioh77

Some truths you can find only when you get lost.

Online marcvider

• Soldier
  • Launcher
  • Surreal humor artist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 08, 2019, 10:58 am »
Debatronic 20k
Credit: LMXOrange

Narcvider stop changing the subject of topic

Offline mk6520

• JUST DONT LOOK DOWN
  • Guard
    • View Profile
    • mk6520 world
« Reply #107 on: September 10, 2019, 04:51 am »
"No you didn't you said why you BELIEVE we weren't Gods, just based off of the Christian religion. Well, also based off the Christian religion (the Bible) as a certain interpretation, we are exactly Gods"

I hate it when people get verses from the Bible then attack the Bible using it. The verses you brought werent even relevant to what you were talking about. Its like grabbing a quote such as "Puppies is the best animal" and turning into, well someone said that kitties "is the best animal". You can only do that when its talking about the exact same thing as you and the point of view that the quote is saying. Dude do I have to repeat it again, I litterally said in exact words. " You said how we are gods. I said "Due to the fact that if we were God, we would not need help from someone greater then us because we are God ourselves and we will have the mindset of thinking that we dont need someone to help us and guide us throughout our lives." We are not God because we do not know what is wrong and right, only God knows.

"It's simple. How boring would it be if you were to take in creation all at once? That is, if God even intended to create everything around us and his own temporary limitations."

You mean how boring it would be to explore the world 7.6 billion times.

"How, exactly, do you know it's not a dream? Can you prove reality's existence? In very specific, vivid types of dreams, you can feel pain as a matter of fact. Some people have even been able to control their dreams in a way where they have "persistent realms" (or persistent dreams, if you will) whereby even after waking up, if they go back to bed, they'll be in the same dream they were in last night, and if they were to "die" in that dream, they wouldn't be able to experience it anymore.
Also consider that when you live IN the dream, most of the time you wouldn't be able to tell you were dreaming. Afterall, to you and I when we go to sleep 99% of the time, everything in the dream seems to make sense, it's only after you wake up from that dream do you realize that nothing made sense about it. The same could be applied to """reality""". Some people have even been able to make their dreams feel more real, concrete, and consistent by applying logic, history, and meaning to certain objects inside the dream as well as assumptions/beliefs about the current dream to make it feel more real. Some have even speculated they might be stuck there if they do it too long."

If you never noticed, we could hear people talk in our ears. So if people appear in your dreams telling you something like they are speaking they are actually using body language and facial expressions and you would instantly know what they are talking about. By the way a dream is called a dream for a reason it isnt reality. And reality is called reality for a reason. If you say otherwise might as well say a fire is ice. Also unlike life, our consequences in dreams would not be even shown to us and we wouldnt even know how we are there in the first place. Lets say you have a dream about being with dinosaurs, you wouldnt know how you got there in the first place. Did you time travel there? No! Its because in reality we have memory of what has occured to us in life, unlike dreams where events happen randomly and in not chronological order.

"We create things/beliefs subconsciously all the time. It's entirely possible that as we came into this "dream" we subconsciously started giving stuff meaning (or maybe we did it on purpose, but just don't remember). You underestimate the power of your inner imagination. How many times have you come across deja vu sensations, ""coincidences"", and other things that are seemingly impossible, such as the placebo effect. Furthermore, studies have been conducted and shown that if you were to imagine yourself working out, running, or generally exercising, then your body would lose a good amount of calories, perhaps maybe even half, or more, than those that you would lose just by working out physically!"

Just because coincidences happen doesnt mean we are God. God could place those coincidences in your life to help you learn a lesson, to help you grow as a person, as children of God or maybe to get you right back on track. I call these "talking donkey" which are referenced to the Bible, where God places these things to get us right back on track. So your telling me, everyone should not be active and exercise to lose weight, instead lets all sit on a couch and 'work out' using our minds...

"You'll never know if you don't try. I've given you the methods to trying to discover your inner power. I can't force you to do anything, but you can do the work yourself if you feel curious."

I am not siting on the couch to lose weight. Sorry.

Offline 7grant2

• Mogura
  • That One Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 10, 2019, 11:22 am »
You'll never know if you don't try.
My favorite argument to convince people to try hard drugs

Offline Bolsillos

• The Bohobemeister
  • Launcher
  • Don't be a hater, be a tater!
    • View Profile
    • The Bohobemeister (my YouTube channel)
« Reply #109 on: September 10, 2019, 07:59 pm »
My favorite argument to convince people to try hard drugs
lol

That's what Bohobes look like.

Sherlock Holmes from Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 (Ace Attorney)

Offline mk6520

• JUST DONT LOOK DOWN
  • Guard
    • View Profile
    • mk6520 world
« Reply #110 on: September 13, 2019, 07:40 pm »
Despite no one addressing my points, I find everyone’s assumptions of their religion a pretty good read
Lol srry, what was your doubts/questions? :)

Offline wordigirl

• Soldier
  • Cruiser
  • God bless you friend. Always praying for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 16, 2019, 05:07 pm »
lol
Sorry, Epico. :'(
God bless you all.

Offline william2001

• Soldier
  • Launcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 16, 2019, 07:45 pm »
Again, it was to provide a point that the mind and imagination have a greater effect on this world than people realize. You can practically do anything with this. Like I said before, if you're not willing to accept this then I see no reason to continue this discussion because we've been going in circles.
If you want to learn more and in greater detail feel free to read any of Neville Goddard's works. Otherwise there really is no reason to continue this. Your loss.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 08:06 pm by william2001 »