Author Topic: Atheists, explain why you don't believe in a god.  (Read 5188 times)

Offline deion789

• Master Kirby Main
  • Speeder
  • the only kid that's experienced at video games
    • View Profile
Atheists, explain why you don't believe in a god.
« on: August 30, 2019, 06:46 pm »
I don't see why atheists don't believe in gods. The Big Bang (if true) can't just happen. There has to be a Creator. Explain your reason for being an atheist, or explain why you are against atheism. If you are against atheism, also tell me your specific religion. 
love u guys (º ν º)

Offline Gami

• Soldier
  • Turret
    • View Profile
Re: Atheists, explain why you don't believe in a god.
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2019, 07:01 pm »
I don't believe in a god because I don't know if he exists.

'The Big Bang (if true) can't just happen.'
Why can it not?

I'd rather believe in a well-constructed theory that has some actual evidence & observations behind it to back it up than in something that does not.

Offline Epicosaurus

• General
  • Disruptor
  • stop laughing at me
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2019, 07:02 pm »
If there was a god why would he invent cancer and depression and dementia and why did he have to make my life miserable!!!!! :sad: :mad: :bad: :nads: :brad:

Offline marcvider

• Proud Arstotzkan
  • Banned
  • Launcher
  • Glory to Arstotzka
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2019, 07:46 pm »
I don't believe in a god because I don't know if he exists.

'The Big Bang (if true) can't just happen.'
Why can it not?

I'd rather believe in a well-constructed theory that has some actual evidence & observations behind it to back it up than in something that does not.
It actually has no valid evidence while it is well-constructed. I do not back anything up apart from what makes us humane and what brings actual meaning to life, leading to a better working society to actually bring us a hilarious rate of steps forward, out of countless, towards the greatest mystery in mankind. Big bang theories and religions, most of the time, do not and mostly do the opposite.

Offline etxbear

• The Ursamajor
  • Soldier
  • Disruptor
  • I farted.
    • View Profile
    • My Sploder Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2019, 07:52 pm »
I believe in God in part because I think it's a profound, marvelous thing that anything exists at all. Materialist philosophies and belief systems ultimately lack the means to explain why this is, as do many religions, but religions and belief systems that adhere to classical theism (like Neoplatonism or almost all of Christianity throughout history) can by saying that God doesn't exist, but rather is existence, is being. Everything in the universe and even the universe itself participates in existence, but if your deity also participates in existence (i.e. if your deity exists, like Zeus or something like that), then you still run into the problem of explaining how anything exists at all.

I also like Christianity because this unknowable, transcendent God of classical theism became knowable by becoming human. This God, who is love, became a person so that we might love Him back. It's more complicated than just that, but Christianity kinda inverts religion in a unique way that I find compelling. I also feel like God is definitely present in the liturgy, and so I have a personal feelings that add to my reasons.

Offline Gami

• Soldier
  • Turret
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2019, 07:56 pm »
It actually has no valid evidence

Cosmic radiation can be tracked back in time and heavily suggests a bing bang. That's some prettt good, valid evidence to me.

Offline marcvider

• Proud Arstotzkan
  • Banned
  • Launcher
  • Glory to Arstotzka
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2019, 07:58 pm »
Cosmic radiation can be tracked back in time and heavily suggests a bing bang. That's some prettt good, valid evidence to me.

Do you have some sort of video or something? (Not important, I don't demand for proof, just asking)

Offline Bolsillos

• The Bohobemeister
  • Mortar
  • Don't be a hater, be a tater!
    • View Profile
    • The Bohobemeister (my YouTube channel)
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2019, 08:02 pm »
I believe in God because of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JMF6hkOnmY

That's what Bohobes look like.

Sherlock Holmes from Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 (Ace Attorney)

Offline Gami

• Soldier
  • Turret
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2019, 08:08 pm »
Do you have some sort of video or something? (Not important, I don't demand for proof, just asking)
https://youtu.be/aPStj2ZuXug
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 08:10 pm by Gami »

Offline marcvider

• Proud Arstotzkan
  • Banned
  • Launcher
  • Glory to Arstotzka
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2019, 08:15 pm »
https://youtu.be/aPStj2ZuXug

Also, you've spelled bing just like I did before correcting it 100 times. lmao

Frankly, all of this is leading to a better understanding of how everything works as well as the expansion of the universe. That still does not explain or give a clue of how it started. What caused it? I'm not saying that the big explosion did not happen (which, again, do not back up), I am only concerned about how and why it happened, comprende?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 09:02 pm by marcvider »

Offline Gami

• Soldier
  • Turret
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2019, 08:32 pm »
Also, you've spelled bing just like I did before correcting it 100 times. lmao

:) :) :) god dammit

Frankly, all of this is leading to a better understanding of how everything works as well as the expansion of the universe. That still does not explain or give a clue of how it happened. What caused it? I'm not saying that the big explosion did not happen (which, again, do not back up), I am only concerned about how and why it happened, comprende?

Yeah I gotchu
I wasn't trying to explain why it happened, just that there is evidence for the fact that it very most likely did.

Just realized I misread the quesion (forgive me it's late)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 08:43 pm by Gami »

Offline marcvider

• Proud Arstotzkan
  • Banned
  • Launcher
  • Glory to Arstotzka
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2019, 09:01 pm »
Np.

Offline kingtrent333

• Mainsite Employee
  • Turret
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2019, 09:09 pm »
Cause he doesn’t exist duh

Offline mk6520

• JUST DONT LOOK DOWN
  • Launcher
  • I am a misfit, I am Christian
    • View Profile
    • mk6520 world
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2019, 09:18 pm »
If there was a god why would he invent cancer and depression and dementia and why did he have to make my life miserable!!!!! :sad: :mad: :bad: :nads: :brad:
Well I believe and most Christians believe that all bad things are not caused by God but are caused by the enemy. God doesnt fix these problems as he wants us to grow and improve as a person and connect with him and build a strong relationship with him :) We have to remember that someone is by ourselves all the time even if you feel lonely. That is why you 'look up' and 'dont look down' :)

If your somehow joking just ignore this, its not obvious to see if someone is joking or not in the internet :P

Offline deion789

• Master Kirby Main
  • Speeder
  • the only kid that's experienced at video games
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2019, 10:20 pm »
Well I believe and most Christians believe that all bad things are not caused by God but are caused by the enemy. God doesnt fix these problems as he wants us to grow and improve as a person and connect with him and build a strong relationship with him :) We have to remember that someone is by ourselves all the time even if you feel lonely. That is why you 'look up' and 'dont look down' :)

If your somehow joking just ignore this, its not obvious to see if someone is joking or not in the internet :P
Some things are also due to sin.
love u guys (º ν º)

Offline mk6520

• JUST DONT LOOK DOWN
  • Launcher
    • View Profile
    • mk6520 world
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2019, 11:12 pm »
Some things are also due to sin.
You Christian boi :)

Offline jigglypuff12345

• Soldier
  • Speeder
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2019, 11:17 pm »
everybody in this thread browses r/atheism

Offline william2001

• Leader of the Cult of Apep. Please make sure to get your instructional video on the way out. Don't listen to the strange voice in your head. Thanks.
  • Soldier
  • Launcher
  • "There is no fiction." -Neville Goddard | YTMND will forever be greater than Vine OR TikTok combined. Never forget.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2019, 11:30 pm »
I believe in God, but not in the traditional Christian sense. I believe god is both you and me. Every1 is u pushed out

Offline bestatgames9

• The III
  • Cruiser
  • Present day, present time, hahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2019, 11:37 pm »
(confused agnostotheism noises)
The Infinite Standoff

Offline Demonxz95

• The Demon
  • Speeder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2019, 11:48 pm »
I don't believe in a god because, quite frankly, it makes no sense. If there was a god, what documentation of him exists? Where did all of these depictions of God/Jesus in fiction come from? If he's supposedly still alive, has anyone actually seen him? If so, where is he? Am I expected to believe all of the depictions that involve him above the clouds floating? No, that doesn't make any sense.

God did not create you. Your parents splodeed, and then your mother gave birth to you. If a hurricane destroys your house, you don't pray to God that things will be better. He just destroyed your house.

Although I must stress this one point out - Just because I don't believe in your god or follow your religion, does not mean I disrespect you or the religion you follow. I believe what makes the person is... the person. No matter what religion you follow (provided it's a real one, and not some Pastafarianism bullsplode), I respect your right to follow your religion, and respect you as a person should you have a good soul.

Offline william2001

• Leader of the Cult of Apep. Please make sure to get your instructional video on the way out. Don't listen to the strange voice in your head. Thanks.
  • Soldier
  • Launcher
  • "There is no fiction." -Neville Goddard | YTMND will forever be greater than Vine OR TikTok combined. Never forget.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2019, 11:59 pm »
I don't believe in a god because, quite frankly, it makes no sense. If there was a god, what documentation of him exists? Where did all of these depictions of God/Jesus in fiction come from? If he's supposedly still alive, has anyone actually seen him? If so, where is he? Am I expected to believe all of the depictions that involve him above the clouds floating? No, that doesn't make any sense.

God did not create you. Your parents splodeed, and then your mother gave birth to you. If a hurricane destroys your house, you don't pray to God that things will be better. He just destroyed your house.

Although I must stress this one point out - Just because I don't believe in your god or follow your religion, does not mean I disrespect you or the religion you follow. I believe what makes the person is... the person. No matter what religion you follow (provided it's a real one, and not some Pastafarianism bullsplode), I respect your right to follow your religion, and respect you as a person should you have a good soul.
Here's the thing: You can't prove or disprove God's existence because by nature he/she is nonphysical/mental. You can't prove something that's nonphysical using physical means. Everything we've ever proven using Science has been physical.

Offline kingtrent333

• Mainsite Employee
  • Turret
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2019, 12:43 am »

Offline kof

• mainsite office employeeee
  • Soldier
  • Cruiser
    • View Profile
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2019, 05:11 am »
i was brought up with a lack of belief of him existing and everyone around me seemed the same (except the hymns in first school assembly) so ive always been irreligious. never looked into it much either just kinda stuck with it. im also too lazy to commit to any religion that would have me do anything that i don't already do

Offline Rockyroad797

• A Huge Threat
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • Turn on the Heat
    • View Profile
    • The Ultra Fun Plaza
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2019, 07:15 am »
Your question doesn't make any sense. You're asking why atheists can't believe in god, but if they do they wouldn't be called Atheists. Atheists itself means a person who doesnt believe in god. If an atheist believes in god he becomes a non-atheist. If all atheists believe in good it wouldnt exist

Check out THUNDER X

Offline mk6520

• JUST DONT LOOK DOWN
  • Launcher
    • View Profile
    • mk6520 world
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2019, 07:23 am »
Your question doesn't make any sense. You're asking why atheists can't believe in god, but if they do they wouldn't be called Atheists. Atheists itself means a person who doesnt believe in god. If an atheist believes in god he becomes a non-atheist. If all atheists believe in good it wouldnt exist
Hes saying why do thoose who consider themself as an atheist dont believe in God ;)

Offline marcvider

• Proud Arstotzkan
  • Banned
  • Launcher
  • Glory to Arstotzka
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2019, 09:11 am »
God is something beyond our understanding and perception as well as the laws of God's kind of existence, beginning, etc. If God created beginning, space and matter, then God cannot be affected by them. There was basically no beginning/birth of God, so to say. God is simply just there, It's only how we accept all of it. It is as complicated as it gets. God created what, when, where, why and how and that's basically all we can perceive with our brains and soul.

I am a bit tired and feeling a lot lazy today, but I have a lot more to share. I'll say more stuff I have to say some other time.

Offline william2001

• Soldier
  • Launcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2019, 12:59 pm »
God is something beyond our understanding and perception as well as the laws of God's kind of existence, beginning, etc. If God created beginning, space and matter, then God cannot be affected by them. There was basically no beginning/birth of God, so to say. God is simply just there, It's only how we accept all of it. It is as complicated as it gets. God created what, when, where, why and how and that's basically all we can perceive with our brains and soul.

I am a bit tired and feeling a lot lazy today, but I have a lot more to share. I'll say more stuff I have to say some other time.
God is the observer and creator hiding behind a meat bag called a human perceiving himself as one of those meat bags, unaware that he is the cause of every tiny bit of reality and unaware that the world is dead, with him being its animating power. If only he knew that if he were to strip himself of every single belief that has caused him to anchor to a set of ideas associated with this realm, he would remember and be able to use the great power he has.

Offline thepatient

• The Vessel
  • Soldier
  • Cruiser
  • No voice to cry suffering
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2019, 02:26 pm »
god will exist ONLY when dale18 becomes the owner of the sploder discord trademark

Some truths you can find only when you get lost.

Offline marcvider

• Proud Arstotzkan
  • Banned
  • Launcher
  • Glory to Arstotzka
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2019, 02:37 pm »
God is the observer and creator hiding behind a meat bag called a human perceiving himself as one of those meat bags, unaware that he is the cause of every tiny bit of reality and unaware that the world is dead, with him being its animating power. If only he knew that if he were to strip himself of every single belief that has caused him to anchor to a set of ideas associated with this realm, he would remember and be able to use the great power he has.

I don't think that there's a better way of saying this, I'm quite impressed.