Author Topic: PPG Help  (Read 385 times)

Offline Troyio

• I'm not black
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • <^>CoNtEgO bRoThErHoOd<^>
PPG Help
« on: October 09, 2012, 09:22 pm »
I don't like asking questions about PPG since well, I've used it for a long time and gotten some features using it but there are some things I never experimented with because it seemed as if it always glitched and didn't work.

How the F do you make a gun that you can shoot?  I know you user the adder and adjust the surroundings but it never has worked for me.  Where you can make the bullets come out from the character and the bullets themselves are graphics.  You can aim and shoot.  Good examples are in the Human Race Destiny or Lectred Z.  So Liam and Shad would be good to tell.  Also could you use some good details so I avoid glitches?

Gracias.

Offline Enderchimera

• Disruptor
  • Some idiot who reads Homestuck
Re: PPG Help
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 10:00 pm »
I had the same problem when working on Infected Skies, I had to get the bird to shoot.
PM Shad and he can fix it for you, he was the one who got mine to work.
Chims prettehs

Click yes good

Offline liamnight

• Electropede
  • Have a question? PM me!
Re: PPG Help
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 10:18 pm »
I am glad to help.

You have 2 objects. 1 Objects is the person/enemy and the other object is the object that is shooting (This is the object on where you put the graphic for the bullets or whatever). After you made the 2 objects, use the connect feature to connect the 2 objects. When you drag the item, remember to place it in the object of the enemy or player and not the bullet. Then, after it's connected, place the bullet object inside the player. Use the layers in the paint section to make the player object in front of the bullet object.

Additionally, add the adder feature in the bullet object to make it 'shoot'.

To avoid glitches, make sure the 2 objects have the same passthru layer. Another way to avoid glitches is to add the connect feature from the player/enemy object, not the bullet object.

Accomplishments:
  - Set up the Informer
  - Set up a Gameshow (Trials)
  - Create and upload an addon at the previous forums (warnings)

Promotions:

Sr: December 2011
  Lt: August 20th 2012
  Gn: Feb 16th 2013