Author Topic: Am I The Only One That...  (Read 539 times)

Offline Master

• Everyone’s Favorite
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
  • :8-/
    • View Profile
Am I The Only One That...
« on: July 30, 2019, 07:22 am »
Sees that Super Mario Odyssey is kind of mediocre? It’s an okay game but, it doesn’t really blow my socks off. It’s just an average Mario game nothing new, I also don’t really feel an incentive to collect all of the moons or anything. When I usually feel an urge to collect every collectible in like every game. The reason I collect all these moons is just to get all the way to the darker side of the moon stage. Which I just got to. I don’t know what it is but, I keep on pushing back all my complaints just because it was a Mario game instead of letting my opinions go out. Most of the time collecting moons is just boring, especially with the dinner world. Nothing exciting happened throughout the game except for 2 things, the levels changing up once you complete them and the I’m totally not gonna spoil this section just after the main boss fight. That actually was pretty awesome! But I should feel this way throughout the game! Why are people calling it groundbreaking? It does literally nothing to gaming nor even Mario whatsoever! Why are people saying it gave a new experience to Mario games? It legit did not at all. Super Mario Galaxy gave a new experience to Mario games. I enjoyed it way better! The levels and worlds are way more interesting than Mario Odyssey! The game design is way better than Odyssey! And the story and it actually gives me an incentive to actually collect everything! Super Mario Odyssey gives me nothing. It’s almost soulless, and it makes me really, really sad! Why can’t I fully enjoy this game?!!!  :'(

MOTY:
Weirdest Member 2014 and 2018
4th-Place Nice Member 2016

Soldier Promo - Apr 15

Offline Bolsillos

• The Bohobemeister
  • Mortar
  • Don't be a hater, be a tater!
    • View Profile
    • The Bohobemeister (my YouTube channel)
Re: Am I The Only One That...
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 08:19 am »
I'm sorry that you feel this way.

That's what Bohobes look like.

Sherlock Holmes from Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 (Ace Attorney)

Offline duck5557474

• Emperor of the Nerds!
  • Soldier
  • Launcher
  • 2nd in Command
    • View Profile
    • Cynumb
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 08:52 am »
I agree. My thing is that the gameplay does not feel like a traditional game. You have different enemies, different styles of moving, and a hat that turns Mario into a demon and he goes around possessing everything...

I just think that it just is not a game style that I like. I will stick to Mario Galaxy...

*Drawing by Awesomefinnz

Helpful Links~
Follow Me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/duck5557474

Offline Rockyroad797

• Thunder Lamborghini
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
  • Turn on the Heat
    • View Profile
    • The Ultra Fun Plaza
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2019, 12:06 pm »
Google is a flop according to you I think. Because it says rating 10/10 and 96% liked that game. It looks good. It does. Why do u even hate it.

Check out THUNDER X

Offline Master

• Everyone’s Favorite
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2019, 12:08 pm »
Google is a flop according to you I think. Because it says rating 10/10 and 96% liked that game. It looks good. It does. Why do u even hate it.
I don’t hate it, I think it’s mediocre.

MOTY:

Soldier Promo - Apr 15

Offline Bolsillos

• The Bohobemeister
  • Mortar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2019, 10:37 pm »
Google is a flop according to you I think. Because it says rating 10/10 and 96% liked that game. It looks good. It does.
He never said anything about Google.

Just because he thinks Super Mario Odyssey is mediocre (he doesn't think it's bad, but he doesn't think it's good), doesn't mean he thinks the same thing about other stuff.

Offline Master

• Everyone’s Favorite
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2019, 01:28 am »
He never said anything about Google.

Just because he thinks Super Mario Odyssey is mediocre (he doesn't think it's bad, but he doesn't think it's good), doesn't mean he thinks the same thing about other stuff.
Hes looking at Odyssey’s google rating.

MOTY:

Soldier Promo - Apr 15

Offline Bolsillos

• The Bohobemeister
  • Mortar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2019, 01:29 am »
Hes looking at Odyssey’s google rating.
I know that, but he's saying that because the rating of the game is high on Google, you think Google is bad.

Offline mk6520

• JUST DONT LOOK DOWN
  • Launcher
  • I am a misfit, I am Christian
    • View Profile
    • mk6520 world
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2019, 04:37 am »
MASTER,YOU JUST READ MY MIND

Offline Unovi

• Creator of Phantasm
  • Lieutenant
  • Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2019, 10:05 am »
Meanwhile I ain't even got the game yet. From what I've heard so far though I just gathered that it was a beloved game for recapturing the traditional 3D Mario feel and generally being carried to a high standard.

I want the game :(

Offline Master

• Everyone’s Favorite
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2019, 11:37 pm »
Meanwhile I ain't even got the game yet. From what I've heard so far though I just gathered that it was a beloved game for recapturing the traditional 3D Mario feel and generally being carried to a high standard.

I want the game :(
Its literally not that.

MOTY:

Soldier Promo - Apr 15

Offline Rich3001k

• Soldier
  • Cruiser
  • epic
    • View Profile
    • YT
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2019, 05:22 pm »
I love the game, it brought back 64's gameplay beautifully

Offline konnichiha'

• General
  • Mortar
  • Purity EGD7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2019, 05:56 pm »
I can understand some complaints with odyssey, I agree that a lot of the moons aren't very interesting. I guess thats to be expected when there's literally 999 of them but i think making the moons themselves more rare and difficult to find and then having something else that's more valuable than purple coins but less valuable than moons to pad it out would've been better

I disagree with there not being a lot of exciting and interesting moments though, I can't count all the times I was surprised by something that happened during my first playthrough. The ending of darker side is one of the most memorable moments in any game I've ever played.

I also disagree with Mario Galaxy having better level design than odyssey. Galaxy's levels are more immediately interesting because of the space and gravity theme but a lot of the galaxies are just going through planet after planet and it makes it feel really linear even though it's made in the style of free roaming mario games. Odyssey has much more exploration and flexibility in how you complete it and go through levels and I prefer the way it's designed to Galaxy a lot for that reason. I still love SMG though

Offline Master

• Everyone’s Favorite
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2019, 06:26 pm »
I can understand some complaints with odyssey, I agree that a lot of the moons aren't very interesting. I guess thats to be expected when there's literally 999 of them but i think making the moons themselves more rare and difficult to find and then having something else that's more valuable than purple coins but less valuable than moons to pad it out would've been better

I disagree with there not being a lot of exciting and interesting moments though, I can't count all the times I was surprised by something that happened during my first playthrough. The ending of darker side is one of the most memorable moments in any game I've ever played.

I also disagree with Mario Galaxy having better level design than odyssey. Galaxy's levels are more immediately interesting because of the space and gravity theme but a lot of the galaxies are just going through planet after planet and it makes it feel really linear even though it's made in the style of free roaming mario games. Odyssey has much more exploration and flexibility in how you complete it and go through levels and I prefer the way it's designed to Galaxy a lot for that reason. I still love SMG though
I still think Galaxy is way better in Odyssey but, I do see points against Galaxy, but I guess if you want to compare what I would want with a collect-a-thon look at Spyro or Ape Escape. Those series do a much better job at giving me an incentive to collect everything.

Darker Side is the only part of the game I didn’t play so I can’t say what I think of it yet, but looking what I had to do to get there.. was really tedious and boring. Odyssey has a couple good moments but, most of the time it’s just there’s annoying boss fight on top of mountain, get to mountain, climb said mountain by using said ability, defeat said boss, woo new look. I caught on to this and got bored as heck at the luncheon Kingdom. 

At first I didn’t understand why I felt this way, but it wasn’t until I watched a YouTube video on this topic that I realized it was because of the bad game design!
https://youtu.be/kYJx5xt2cB0

At some point in the future, it’s one of my ambitions in life to make a full fledged collect-a-thon game! And it will be great! And now I’m armed with new knowledge to pull that into fruition. So I’m happy. If I’m successful, who knows, you might see me in the future outside of Sploder.

MOTY:

Soldier Promo - Apr 15

Offline Rich3001k

• Soldier
  • Cruiser
  • epic
    • View Profile
    • YT
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2019, 07:27 pm »
I knew it was gonna be that 2 hour rant..

Offline Master

• Everyone’s Favorite
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2019, 03:17 pm »
Who thought this was a splodeing good idea?!!! This is legit the worst section in the entire game!

https://youtu.be/fMD66L_M7sw

MOTY:

Soldier Promo - Apr 15

Offline Master

• Everyone’s Favorite
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2019, 05:33 pm »
Who the splode is the high person that even suggested the darker side is even remotely good? Because I splodeing want some! Maybe I would enjoy this piece of garbage a little better!

MOTY:

Soldier Promo - Apr 15

Offline Bolsillos

• The Bohobemeister
  • Mortar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2019, 01:05 pm »
Who the splode is the high person that even suggested the darker side is even remotely good? Because I splodeing want some! Maybe I would enjoy this piece of garbage a little better!
this piece of garbage
Hol' up I thought you just thought the game was mediocre, not bad.

Offline Master

• Everyone’s Favorite
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2019, 04:56 pm »
Hol' up I thought you just thought the game was mediocre, not bad.
The Darker Side level is a piece of garbage. Not the whole game, the whole game is mediocre.

MOTY:

Soldier Promo - Apr 15

Offline seanthechinaman

• MRE
  • Launcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2019, 05:23 pm »
i hate how the hat has eyes. what's next? the moustache gets a pair of eyes too?

Offline Bolsillos

• The Bohobemeister
  • Mortar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2019, 07:46 pm »
The Darker Side level is a piece of garbage. Not the whole game, the whole game is mediocre.
Ah, that's what you were saying.

Offline thepatient

• The Vessel
  • Soldier
  • Cruiser
  • No voice to cry suffering
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2019, 04:43 am »
yes you are

Some truths you can find only when you get lost.