Author Topic: Political Debates on Sploder  (Read 13656 times)

Offline william2001

• Leader of the Cult of Apep. Please make sure to get your instructional video on the way out. Don't listen to the strange voice in your head. Thanks.
  • Soldier
  • Launcher
  • "There is no fiction." -Neville Goddard | YTMND will forever be greater than Vine OR TikTok combined. Never forget.
    • View Profile
Political Debates on Sploder
« on: July 13, 2019, 06:57 pm »
Let me just say that there's a reason why I don't like to talk on the Debate Tower much anymore about topics
I feel like a good amount of people on Sploder take political topics so seriously to the point that friendships and perceptions of users are entirely changed JUST BECAUSE somebody disagrees with their political leanings.
As soon as someone disagrees with someone else on a political topic, they get annoyed, they start making assumptions about the rest of their political leanings and what they believe, and they get absolutely toxic and start insulting the other person even outside of the political area. I feel as though the reason why the tower has also become an echo chamber of sorts is because people get scared to express their ideas because any time a dissenting opinion is brought up people decide to swarm them and start absolutely tearing them apart with self-righteous behavior, which is really splodeing annoying.
TL;DR I absolutely hate the debate tower on sploder right now because it's a trap for people to become disliked and constantly harassed just because of their political leaning instead of a place where people discuss something civilly and with respect for the other side.

Offline Bolsillos

• The Bohobemeister
  • Mortar
  • Don't be a hater, be a tater!
    • View Profile
    • The Bohobemeister (my YouTube channel)
Re: Political Debates on Sploder
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 08:19 pm »
Well, I've clearly missed out on a lot because I don't remember any of this happening since I came back.

That's what Bohobes look like.

Sherlock Holmes from Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 (Ace Attorney)

Offline marcvider

• Proud Arstotzkan
  • Banned
  • Launcher
  • Glory to Arstotzka
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2019, 08:17 am »
I hate specific sides of politics and discussions about it. I don't think that younglings like us should be focusing on splode like that at all, I mean, learning a bit of everything is useful to make sure what you would expect from the government to do to your life. But people need to have their own stance and understanding, without taking everything for granted.

Most of the people on Sploder, are one of the biggest ignorants I've seen on the internet, do not have their own attitude towards anything, only how politics has carved into them. Everybody gangsta until they show their weakness and lack of knowledge about what they're contributing to unconsciously.

I really hate how an innocent children's topic has to have unnecessary bullsplode like politics in it. Sure, exchange your knowledge about your history a bit, introduce your culture and whatnot, but a game making site or a game about placing and breaking cubes with politics in it defies the meaning behind the actual topic, intoxicates and manipulates children in it, let alone childish and ignorant grown-ups.

Personally, I'd nuke the Debate Tower and add a strict constraint to political topics on this site. Children shouldn't be having serious debates about things they're not certain about yet and should be focusing on their education, mainly. It corrupts them, kills their brain cells and makes them grow up into brain-dead adults. Simply splode off with politics.

Offline Unovi

• Creator of Phantasm
  • Soldier
  • Speeder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2019, 08:06 am »
Yeah I'm going to agree with this. Debate Tower is basically known by all as a place that turns anyone into assholes but I don't think it should be that way. Personally i try to stay away from politics based on not understanding it and not wanting to touch subjects that seem to turn people so condescending and rude at times.

Offline seanthechinaman

• MRE
  • Launcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2019, 10:09 am »
Thewindlord is not an splode

Offline Master

• Everyone’s Favorite
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
  • :8-/
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2019, 10:44 am »
Just to make it clear to everyone, I’m a moderate. That means I don’t specifically lean either way.
Mastur Anthony Wunnuhsix

MOTY:
Weirdest Member 2014 and 2018
4th-Place Nice Member 2016

Soldier Promo - Apr 15, 2015
M Rank - May 7, 2015
R Rank - Oct 4, 2015

Offline Master

• Everyone’s Favorite
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
  • :8-/
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2019, 10:51 am »
I hate specific sides of politics and discussions about it. I don't think that younglings like us should be focusing on splode like that at all, I mean, learning a bit of everything is useful to make sure what you would expect from the government to do to your life. But people need to have their own stance and understanding, without taking everything for granted.

Most of the people on Sploder, are one of the biggest ignorants I've seen on the internet, do not have their own attitude towards anything, only how politics has carved into them. Everybody gangsta until they show their weakness and lack of knowledge about what they're contributing to unconsciously.

I really hate how an innocent children's topic has to have unnecessary bullsplode like politics in it. Sure, exchange your knowledge about your history a bit, introduce your culture and whatnot, but a game making site or a game about placing and breaking cubes with politics in it defies the meaning behind the actual topic, intoxicates and manipulates children in it, let alone childish and ignorant grown-ups.

Personally, I'd nuke the Debate Tower and add a strict constraint to political topics on this site. Children shouldn't be having serious debates about things they're not certain about yet and should be focusing on their education, mainly. It corrupts them, kills their brain cells and makes them grow up into brain-dead adults. Simply splode off with politics.
I am pretty sure most people on the website are ages 17 to 28.. we aren’t all kids. I think it’s fine to debate about politics outside of the usual conversation. We are at an age where we really need to form our own specific political identity.
Mastur Anthony Wunnuhsix

MOTY:
Weirdest Member 2014 and 2018
4th-Place Nice Member 2016

Soldier Promo - Apr 15, 2015
M Rank - May 7, 2015
R Rank - Oct 4, 2015

Offline Ethan2009

• Local annoyance.
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • Failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2019, 12:19 pm »
We are at an age where we really need to form our own specific political identity.
Not on sploder though.
8)

Offline marcvider

• Proud Arstotzkan
  • Banned
  • Launcher
  • Glory to Arstotzka
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2019, 03:19 pm »
I am pretty sure most people on the website are ages 17 to 28.. we aren’t all kids. I think it’s fine to debate about politics outside of the usual conversation. We are at an age where we really need to form our own specific political identity.
My point is not specifically about age, but about what this site is all supposed to be about. Politics is in the same category, but does not belong here, therefore, intoxicating this site with it is utter bullsplode.

Offline seanthechinaman

• MRE
  • Launcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2019, 05:53 am »
My point is not specifically about age, but about what this site is all supposed to be about. Politics is in the same category, but does not belong here, therefore, intoxicating this site with it is utter bullsplode.
How is it ' intoxicating ' the site? As long as we're civil, the topic of debate doesn't really matter

Offline marcvider

• Proud Arstotzkan
  • Banned
  • Launcher
  • Glory to Arstotzka
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2019, 07:04 am »
How is it ' intoxicating ' the site? As long as we're civil, the topic of debate doesn't really matter
It's not needed.

Offline seanthechinaman

• MRE
  • Launcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2019, 07:44 am »
It's not needed.
So we've gone from ' intoxicating the site ' to ' it's not needed ' within two posts. By that logic, nothing we discuss here is needed, but it's wanted

Offline marcvider

• Proud Arstotzkan
  • Banned
  • Launcher
  • Glory to Arstotzka
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2019, 08:21 am »
So we've gone from ' intoxicating the site ' to ' it's not needed ' within two posts. By that logic, nothing we discuss here is needed, but it's wanted
If you (plural/everyone who competed) actually weren't intoxicating this site with it, then this thread wouldn't exist. Don't play that card on me. Read what William wrote.

You obviously want it and I respect that, but all I'm saying is that it's unnecessary and nevertheless whether you remain civil, kids can still join this site and get dragged into something that's beyond what they have joined for, not knowing the ropes, they could intoxicate this site even more.

Politics and other national debates should have a constrain here, in fact, like I've said, they're not necessary to exist here at all.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 09:29 am by marcvider »

Offline william2001

• Leader of the Cult of Apep. Please make sure to get your instructional video on the way out. Don't listen to the strange voice in your head. Thanks.
  • Soldier
  • Launcher
  • "There is no fiction." -Neville Goddard | YTMND will forever be greater than Vine OR TikTok combined. Never forget.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2019, 12:12 pm »
Thewindlord is not an splode
when did i say practically anything about him
i wasn't even talking about wind to begin with

Offline marcvider

• Proud Arstotzkan
  • Banned
  • Launcher
  • Glory to Arstotzka
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2019, 12:27 pm »
Flump is one pure example of why we are talking crap about political debates on Sploder here explicitly. lmao

Offline seanthechinaman

• MRE
  • Launcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2019, 04:23 pm »
That wasn't addressed to you, somebody said that being in the Debate Tower turns you into a splode

Offline seanthechinaman

• MRE
  • Launcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2019, 04:24 pm »
Flump is one pure example of why we are talking crap about political debates on Sploder here explicitly. lmao
splode off

Offline william2001

• Soldier
  • Launcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2019, 04:44 pm »
That wasn't addressed to you, somebody said that being in the Debate Tower turns you into a splode
ohh
I mean sometimes being in Debate Tower can turn you rabid briefly but it happens to practically everybody and most of the time it's usually only in the Debate Tower. Some it happens more than others

Offline Ethan2009

• Local annoyance.
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • Failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2019, 06:27 pm »
If you don't like it, don't participate
8)

Offline marcvider

• Proud Arstotzkan
  • Banned
  • Launcher
  • Glory to Arstotzka
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2019, 06:40 pm »
If you don't like it, don't participate
No kidding? lol

Offline Ethan2009

• Local annoyance.
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • Failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2019, 06:45 pm »
No kidding? lol
Then stop being annoying
8)

Offline marcvider

• Proud Arstotzkan
  • Banned
  • Launcher
  • Glory to Arstotzka
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2019, 06:49 pm »
Then stop being annoying
If you don't like my posts, don't participate, ignore them. No one called you in here anyway.

Offline Ethan2009

• Local annoyance.
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • Failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2019, 07:00 pm »
If you don't like my posts, don't participate, ignore them. No one called you in here anyway.
Well I'm not against your posts or anything, so chill, and no one called anyone in this thread actually, but
That was kind of rude
8)

Offline marcvider

• Proud Arstotzkan
  • Banned
  • Launcher
  • Glory to Arstotzka
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2019, 07:04 pm »
Well I'm not against your posts or anything, so chill, and no one called anyone in this thread actually
I'm not against your post either, lol, I'm chill. But...

but That was kind of rude
...Now you're transitioning from calling me annoying to rude. I was not trying to be rude in any way, just read and analyze what William and myself were contributing to this topic with.

Offline Ethan2009

• Local annoyance.
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • Failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2019, 07:05 pm »
I'm not against your post either, lol, I'm chill. But...
...Now you're transitioning from calling me annoying to rude. I was not trying to be rude in any way, just read and analyze what William and myself were contributing to this topic with.
I'm not trying to be mean either and this probably proves that debates on sploder are bad LOL
8)

Offline marcvider

• Proud Arstotzkan
  • Banned
  • Launcher
  • Glory to Arstotzka
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2019, 07:09 pm »
I'm not trying to be mean either and this probably proves that debates on sploder are bad LOL

There you have it, bro, at least you're on of the few worth reasoning with.

Offline Unovi

• Creator of Phantasm
  • Soldier
  • Speeder
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2019, 06:09 pm »
I really don't see a problem with young people trying to learn more about the politics of the world since it is a topic that does affect everyone in a lot of different ways. That and the fact that you need a strong and wide knowledge of politics to give yourself a better chance of making a change or even staying in the loop on some things.
To be fair, I think you'd need to have a better knowledge than them in regards to politics to be able to show and fairly say that they're being ignorant. Until you show that this seems pretty weak.
Yes, anyone can make something sound stupid by using wording to make Sploder sound simpler and smaller than it is. Fact is we're still humans and there's more to us than just making games. The things we talk about are inevitably going to go into political territory at times because it really does have an effect on our entire lives. Also people are free to think what they think. The fact that they come here and become "intoxicated" by the viewpoints of others is their own problem.
Honestly having constraints on any topic that isn't immediately out of the age range like NSFW splode has always bugged me. If people wanna talk about that, let them, just don't take part in it. Honestly this paragraph tells me you have a skewed and grossly simplified viewpoint on politics at large.

Offline marcvider

• Proud Arstotzkan
  • Banned
  • Launcher
  • Glory to Arstotzka
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2019, 07:18 am »
I really don't see a problem with young people trying to learn more about the politics of the world since it is a topic that does affect everyone in a lot of different ways. That and the fact that you need a strong and wide knowledge of politics to give yourself a better chance of making a change or even staying in the loop on some things.

At least do it properly. Not every youngster has the same attitude. The majority would go the wrong path. At least give them some more time to grow older and understand more things in life, don't let them into it just yet, at least not into the serious things as they can grow fond to it and cause flaming chaos, they're still not mature enough for that, they should mainly be focusing on making friends and sharing their creations, hence what this site is all about in the first place. For adults, It doesn't matter that much, kids are still young and are open to learning about the better of their own selves and future.

To be fair, I think you'd need to have a better knowledge than them in regards to politics to be able to show and fairly say that they're being ignorant. Until you show that this seems pretty weak.

There's no better than them in knowledge. I'm not talking about how much they know of politics in general, I'm talking about taking everything for granted without their own stance towards it, doesn't matter how much of it I know. I can still see how much they do not know about things because they promote and contribute to it until someone with a proper knowledge corrects them. Some accept their mistake, learn from it and move on to a possibly better path while some get pissed off because of it and start being a hypocrite. Those kinds of people grow up into braindead adults, heck, even most adults already have that attitude.

Yes, anyone can make something sound stupid by using wording to make Sploder sound simpler and smaller than it is. Fact is we're still humans and there's more to us than just making games. The things we talk about are inevitably going to go into political territory at times because it really does have an effect on our entire lives. Also people are free to think what they think. The fact that they come here and become "intoxicated" by the viewpoints of others is their own problem.

Honestly having constraints on any topic that isn't immediately out of the age range like NSFW splode has always bugged me. If people wanna talk about that, let them, just don't take part in it. Honestly this paragraph tells me you have a skewed and grossly simplified viewpoint on politics at large.

I do agree that saying "Nuking the Debate Tower" is too much from me, but I'm still standing for constraining such topics to individuals like the Soldier rank or just dishing the whole thing with political topics out. (NSFW content is by default forbidden here, whether it was Debate or anything at all). Also, I know that you can request membership for the Soldier rank, but people who are responsible for managing should consider whether to add an individual to the group or not.

I don't mind political discussions in-general and I know how much of a big topic it is in the US or the UK even, but you can find a different site, or your Discord server to be discussing serious splode like that, or the 8chan page made by William. All I'm saying is that kids can be immature and should not get easy access to participating in such topics.

Telling me to ignore it if I don't like it literally shows that you do not care about the point I'm trying to make and do not even want to try and be more understanding. Like, don't expect me to be understanding towards you then. (This is not directed to you specifically, It's directed to anyone).
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 07:24 am by marcvider »

Offline Unovi

• Creator of Phantasm
  • Soldier
  • Speeder
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2019, 10:08 am »
At least do it properly. Not every youngster has the same attitude. The majority would go the wrong path. At least give them some more time to grow older and understand more things in life, don't let them into it just yet, at least not into the serious things as they can grow fond to it and cause flaming chaos, they're still not mature enough for that, they should mainly be focusing on making friends and sharing their creations, hence what this site is all about in the first place. For adults, It doesn't matter that much, kids are still young and are open to learning about the better of their own selves and future.
People do share their creations and indulge in the things this site was meant for. Though people do have other interests and things they want to talk about including politics because it affects everyone and naturally people are going to want a platform for that to talk to people about it and with people they know, like on here. Also i would like to point out that this kind of thing is a learning curve too. By not doing it now they'll be equipped with less knowledge for the future and learn then instead. Oh and lol who are you to say what the right or wrong path is or that engaging in politics is a catalyst for going down the wrong path?
There's no better than them in knowledge. I'm not talking about how much they know of politics in general, I'm talking about taking everything for granted without their own stance towards it, doesn't matter how much of it I know. I can still see how much they do not know about things because they promote and contribute to it until someone with a proper knowledge corrects them. Some accept their mistake, learn from it and move on to a possibly better path while some get pissed off because of it and start being a hypocrite. Those kinds of people grow up into braindead adults, heck, even most adults already have that attitude.
And I'm saying it's mighty bold of you to assume that most adults fit so squarely into that group and that you yourself would probably need the knowledge to better understand their viewpoints in order to fairly write them off as braindead. There is literally no-one on the server or the forums I would consider braindead either literally or as an insult. You're going to find that literally everywhere there's people who don't admit to their mistakes and yeah that can kinda be frustrating but it's not at all exclusive to politics. The same goes for taking knowledge for granted. People take a million things for granted every day. It's not exclusive to politics; I'd rather say that learning to not take things for granted you normally wouldn't consider is a mental skill than being indicative of someone being braindead.
I do agree that saying "Nuking the Debate Tower" is too much from me, but I'm still standing for constraining such topics to individuals like the Soldier rank or just dishing the whole thing with political topics out. (NSFW content is by default forbidden here, whether it was Debate or anything at all). Also, I know that you can request membership for the Soldier rank, but people who are responsible for managing should consider whether to add an individual to the group or not.

I don't mind political discussions in-general and I know how much of a big topic it is in the US or the UK even, but you can find a different site, or your Discord server to be discussing serious splode like that, or the 8chan page made by William. All I'm saying is that kids can be immature and should not get easy access to participating in such topics.

Telling me to ignore it if I don't like it literally shows that you do not care about the point I'm trying to make and do not even want to try and be more understanding. Like, don't expect me to be understanding towards you then. (This is not directed to you specifically, It's directed to anyone).
Alright I'm gonna preface this by saying that the forums are protected by ensuring that all members are expected to be 13 or older. 13 year olds should be able to handle any of the content in the debate tower. The 13 y/o rule is the same as that of Discord, actually and that platform offers much better ways to show vehemence for your arguments with insults and whatnot so that'd probably be a better place to cast out politics, if anywhere. it's pretty easy to keep under control here. I don't think people should lose the ability to talk about something like that because of a certain few who can't handle it without losing their temper.

I think you underestimate the closeness of the community. People know each other here very well to which end their inputs and knowledge on politics are put in higher regard than if you were to find a different site. Also kids are going to get access to this splode anywhere at all because again politics is a big part of life everywhere in the world and something that anyone can have a say in and probably does have a few opinions on, hence why it is so widely discussed. As far as places to discuss it goes, this one is pretty inoffensive actually, just like politics is a comparatively inoffensive thing for kids to get into compared to others.

The point you're trying to make is about venting grievances about politics and proposing constraints on the topic, yes? My reply is that to someone so apathetic about it, it shouldn't matter and it's not gonna be going anywhere. That's about all I can say in response. I'm all for being more understanding with people.

Offline marcvider

• Proud Arstotzkan
  • Banned
  • Launcher
  • Glory to Arstotzka
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2019, 01:26 pm »
People do share their creations and indulge in the things this site was meant for. Though people do have other interests and things they want to talk about including politics because it affects everyone and naturally people are going to want a platform for that to talk to people about it and with people they know, like on here. Also i would like to point out that this kind of thing is a learning curve too. By not doing it now they'll be equipped with less knowledge for the future and learn then instead. Oh and lol who are you to say what the right or wrong path is or that engaging in politics is a catalyst for going down the wrong path?
I don't demand for all of this to stop, I'm just saying that I don't like the idea. That doesn't mean that I want everything on this site to be my way, It's not my site. I simply will not compete into something like that because I would be contributing against my original opinion and attitude and, just for the record, no one should feel judged because I have no rights to judge anyone at all. I'm not judging here, I'm just leaving my opinion about it. If anyone feels annoyed by my opinion, like Ethan and Flump for example, they can simply ignore it and not show signs of actually being triggered over something they don't agree with. lol

So, you think that it is the right path to side with something you have no clue what it is about, what it is supposed to do, then promote it just because others around you agree with it? That tells, if you go down that path, that you don't have your own stance towards anything. To put it simple, you don't think your way, you're being part of something others around you are without properly analyzing it yourself or getting proper information and reason to it.
One way to tell whether you are actually aware of what you're trying to do (For instance, protest that Trump is a racist because a majority of people have said it too, but have provided 0 proof) is properly interviewing you and see how much you actually know about it and whether you want to show interest of sharing your knowledge without visibly trying hard to decline sharing it, which suggests that you possibly are not aware of anything you're doing.

Also, for the record, this was only an example and not a fact that you've actually done it, all clear?

And I'm saying it's mighty bold of you to assume that most adults fit so squarely into that group and that you yourself would probably need the knowledge to better understand their viewpoints in order to fairly write them off as braindead. There is literally no-one on the server or the forums I would consider braindead either literally or as an insult. You're going to find that literally everywhere there's people who don't admit to their mistakes and yeah that can kinda be frustrating but it's not at all exclusive to politics. The same goes for taking knowledge for granted. People take a million things for granted every day. It's not exclusive to politics; I'd rather say that learning to not take things for granted you normally wouldn't consider is a mental skill than being indicative of someone being braindead.

Alright I'm gonna preface this by saying that the forums are protected by ensuring that all members are expected to be 13 or older. 13 year olds should be able to handle any of the content in the debate tower. The 13 y/o rule is the same as that of Discord, actually and that platform offers much better ways to show vehemence for your arguments with insults and whatnot so that'd probably be a better place to cast out politics, if anywhere. it's pretty easy to keep under control here. I don't think people should lose the ability to talk about something like that because of a certain few who can't handle it without losing their temper.

I think you underestimate the closeness of the community. People know each other here very well to which end their inputs and knowledge on politics are put in higher regard than if you were to find a different site. Also kids are going to get access to this splode anywhere at all because again politics is a big part of life everywhere in the world and something that anyone can have a say in and probably does have a few opinions on, hence why it is so widely discussed. As far as places to discuss it goes, this one is pretty inoffensive actually, just like politics is a comparatively inoffensive thing for kids to get into compared to others.

Well, continuing from my wall of text above this quote-block which I'm currently replying to. I didn't call anyone on the forums or server braindead, neither do I know which path they take, neither have I analyzed any of their viewpoints towards politics, at least most of them. I'm only referring to children who are still young, immature and have a lot to learn. Sadly, there are immature adults as well, but children have more capacity for learning, yet are still the broader audience for this site.

Take swearing for example. Every single child in an average social life (family, friends, anything) will eventually learn to swear, curse at someone, whether it would be joking or insulting, It's still considered rude, immature and simply inappropriate. Nevertheless. Geoff has added censorhip and rules that go by it and expects everyone to follow them. It is true, like I said, that children can learn everything everywhere, but Geoff still wants to discourage swearing as much as he can, which is enough to show that he's a mature, responsible adult that cares to keep his website, again, mainly for children, family-friendly.

Swearing is different apart from political discussions which, unlike swearing, take part in separate threads categorized inside a board a lot frequently than in any generic post or comment (Everyone can still say anything anywhere), also, swearing will never be tolerated as an appropriate thing, ever. But, like I've said before, discouraging as much younglings to participate in such debates should be considered a good idea here, too. Of course, like I've said about swearing, as much as everyone responsible for moderating the community can do it. No one should be expected to legitimize everyone's age instantly after joining and keep everything 100% tidy, but could use, for instance, the social rank Soldier, which is the best example. What does Soldier offer? More mature content provided for those who have qualified for that rank with maturity, social activity, etc. It basically makes them ready for such content. What else is Soldier for, if I'm missing something.

No one should be expected to acknowledge the legitimate age of any individual and limit what they should post and what they shouldn't. Anyone can say that they are older than 13 while they aren't and that's normal, It's been like that for years on this community.

Let's just make it short. The idea is, to categorize serious political topics to the Barracks for members qualified to view and participate in more sensitive content because we know that they can take that content and not get sloppy because of it, since they are qualified to get to Soldier. Their rank says it all. I don't need to give a lecture about the rank because everyone knows about it. lol

The point you're trying to make is about venting grievances about politics and proposing constraints on the topic, yes? My reply is that to someone so apathetic about it, it shouldn't matter and it's not gonna be going anywhere. That's about all I can say in response. I'm all for being more understanding with people. Also, serious political topics just like a world leader being racist, a group of people being this or that, another world leader being a hypocrite, etc. etc. I hope you get the idea.

Yup. It's nothing other than a proposal and vent which adds up to William's, hence posting in his thread about the exact topic. I'm not looking at it as something that is urgent and that will have a huge impact on everything. Nothing is meant to be perfect and will always have a hole with flaws spilling out, but doing your best to minimize the effects, giving your best is a lot better than not doing anything. You sure are understanding and show a lot of interest to contributing to this debate we're having here, unlike some people here.

I'd also like to apologize if some sentences seem unreadable or make absolutely no sense. I was trying my best to put the right words together, while changing bits here and there, I just hope that you understand that I was using age as an identifier rather than the target of what should be limited to non-political content. (Non-serious-political if you prefer). Assuring that people might be ready for such content through the rank Soldier is a great option.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 01:33 pm by marcvider »