Author Topic: Plans for EGD post 2020  (Read 255 times)

Offline chucky12

• That Guy That Is Always A Pain In Your Side
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
Plans for EGD post 2020
« on: June 19, 2019, 12:45 pm »
Yes, I know this is going pretty far into the future, but I'm kind of curious as to what we plan on doing for any EGDs past 2020 (if any) considering that the MS will basically be a corpse at that point.

Offline Bricc

• ├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤
  • Launcher
    • View Profile
    • Nem-Creator
Re: Plans for EGD post 2020
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 12:48 pm »
I guess we won't. The creators won't work so it would have to be people making games outside of Sploder and submitting them, and I don't see that working to be honest.

Moderator, Moderator Recruiter, Reviewer, Editor

Offline chucky12

• That Guy That Is Always A Pain In Your Side
  • Disruptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 12:50 pm »
I guess we won't. The creators won't work so it would have to be people making games outside of Sploder and submitting them, and I don't see that working to be honest.
Ah. I was gonna say unless we find a way to save Sploder, that maybe we could turn it into something other than just games? Maybe rename EGD to EMD (Epic Media Drop) where people can submit short stories, songs, etc. It's entirely up to you guys though.

Offline Bricc

• ├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤
  • Launcher
    • View Profile
    • Nem-Creator
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2019, 12:54 pm »
Ah. I was gonna say unless we find a way to save Sploder, that maybe we could turn it into something other than just games? Maybe rename EGD to EMD (Epic Media Drop) where people can submit short stories, songs, etc. It's entirely up to you guys though.

Realistically, while "saving Sploder" is a nice thought, it's more than likely not happening. Thinking of alternatives now is good, and what you said could work. However, comparing songs to stories to images could be a bit difficult - it could be in categories (like how EGD categories now are PPG, Arcade, etc).

Offline Bricc

• ├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤
  • Launcher
    • View Profile
    • Nem-Creator
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2019, 12:54 pm »
Of course, it would also depend on how many people would actually enter in each category.