Author Topic: Editor Recruitment  (Read 3387 times)

Offline seanthechinaman

• MRE
  • Launcher
    • View Profile
Re: Editor Recruitment
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2019, 08:51 am »
Or not. Never mind, I'll cook up a new review.
As Konni said, you DO NOT need to write a review. All you need to do is explain why the game is feature worthy, you will NOT get extra points for going over every nook and cranny of the game.

Offline Rockyroad797

• A Huge Threat
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
  • Turn on the Heat
    • View Profile
    • The Ultra Fun Plaza
« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2019, 10:06 am »
This is my application, I'm very nervous now.  :-X

When I am looking to find games that need to be featured, I will first look at the gameplay. Pretty much all the good games revolutionize gameplay to the extent. In other words, the gameplay is perhaps the most essential part of a game. Mostly I would want gameplay that fairly pushes the limits of the creators, which means it needs a lot of innovation and creativity. It has to utilize the facilities of the creators and try to take it to its farthest limits and show off creativity by doing something new with the creator that has not been heard of. It should also have variety in it, and not the same type of sequences throughout. Other than that, I would normally want a combination of fighting, good puzzles, and exploration to be featured throughout the game. These features also make the game innovative. Difficulty and Length should also be prioritized, the game should be pretty long and must have a fairly hard but enjoyable difficulty. A game doesn't necessarily need all of them to the extent, and if the game features intense fighting it can totally not have puzzles and vice versa. But although, it would surely be good to feature at least a bit of all of these which would make the game fun-packed, adventurous and mainly lovable.

Scenery and Storyline are also important. Though these factors do not need to be completely prioritized for a feature worthy game (Look at the Challenger by Bobbler), I still recommend these to be prominent throughout the game. They don't really lighten up the game as much as the gameplay, but if the scenery is bland or there is no story, the game is never too enjoyable to play. Sometimes, the story runs along with the game, with dialogues in and there. That is also a good aspect to look at when making games that focus more on the storyline aspect.

I would say it isn't necessary to make all these aspects completely perfect to get a game featured, but a tweak of all of this in and there in the game will indeed make the game better. Even if some factors are poor, if the other ones are really well done a game can still be featured.

For a game not that bad, but not feature-worthy as well, it is my game, Wave of Domination. It was at one point my best and biggest game map. I thought of it as a very good game. But it turned out to be completely non-feature worthy because of blandness and no variety. It featured only sequences of hitting switches and breaking blocks and that's it. It never featured other puzzles. Though the map was huge and it did have a lot of exploration, it still was not too innovative. I wouldn’t call it necessarily bad, but it couldn’t have made the cut either.

Anyways, let's move on.

For the featured game, I will select Space Warrior.

Space Warrior is an arcade-like game made by Swedenplatformge. What I think is that it really deserved the feature it got. Sweden wanted to capture the arcade-like feel in his game, and boy, surely he did. The 8bit Mode, The Rollercoasters, The Fast Pace and many more aspects made sure his wish was fulfilled. And the way he utilized them was simply outstanding.

The Gameplay also was pretty good. As I said before, it was very fast paced.  There weren’t a lot of enemies, but surely the game played the role of the enemy in many situations. There were traps in and there and if you fall for any of them you instantly die, proving the game itself was the real enemy. Other than that, my favorite sequence of this game, which I will explain now, is one of the reasons the game is special and extraordinary. It is an innovative way of having multiple paths that lead to the exit. For example, the player has two paths on either side to progress through. If he falls into the spikes in one of the paths, there is still another way to progress through. I really liked this part of the game where the player gets to explore different parts of the planet each time they play.

The scenery was also very good in this game. The special part of the scenery is the alternate usage of two different types of tiles. Sweden put a lot of effort into placing a lot of individual tiles and making it look like a galactic planet, and boy the result was sweet. It ended up becoming a vital part of the game and was difficult to go unnoticed. It also showcases the effort put into these games.
So, to conclude, I guess the space warrior is really a feature-worthy game. The effort put into the game was stunning, and the result was heavenly. It didn’t fail to impress the gamers in any of the aspects and utilized the facilities of the platformer creator really well. Good job to Swedenplatformge.

Now coming to a feature-worthy game that never got featured, I will choose the game “Escape the Lava Island” by Goodstargamer178. Most of the people would think he is really a newbie (including me), but he proved them wrong by showing off his stunning skills in making puzzle plats. Let’s progress.

I will talk about the gameplay now. Mostly, the gameplay featured puzzles and traps, and exploration was also featured in and around the game. He really aced the puzzle part, by building incredibly perplexing sequences that sometimes lead to failure, and some time to breakthroughs. The puzzles he used an involved lot of thinking and it was no use rushing through. I really appreciate his effort in the game. The parts I liked include parts where you activate a perm circle switch and have to move fast enough to prevent it from trapping you for a temporary time. But when moving fast, you also have some lava pools in the way that are a risk to the player’s life. This makes the game truly challenging and enjoyable. But also, another factor is the game map. I was totally impressed! The game map was so large that proved that it was a game that had a lot of effort put into it. There were puzzles in and there that makes it look more challenging. He surely pushed the limits of the platformer creator when it came to puzzles. Though there were cons in the game such as slight blandness and messiness, it was still worth playing it for the incredible effort and smart sequences.

Now coming to the scenery, again I have a list of pros AND cons to talk about. Firstly, I will talk about the pros. I really loved how he selected the perfect type of tiles to match with the “Lava” Feel on the map. The background also was a good decision and he made sure that the game lived up to its title. That was a pretty good selection there. But there are an equal amount of cons. I didn’t like how it felt out of place. He could have made it neater, as it was messy in and there. Objects were placed in inappropriate places. It, of course, did not look neat with lava pools in the open and wrong hazards at places. It was surely messy and Goodstar could have improved in that category.

But overall, with the effort, he put into the game and how it really impressed me on any aspect, I would say it could be feature-worthy. It was somewhat a tough decision to make with the messiness of the game, but his hard work was truly phenomenal and the smart puzzles also lived up to my expectations. So I would take the decision to feature this game.

That's it. I hope you liked my app!

Check out THUNDER X

Offline Rockyroad797

• A Huge Threat
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
  • Turn on the Heat
    • View Profile
    • The Ultra Fun Plaza
« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2019, 10:59 am »
Apparently they're making a move to Staff-run Recruitments. Hence Lordeldar and Konnichiha ( both Staff ) run MR and E respectively.

I don't know exactly why they're doing it, but that's what happened. Not a coincidence.

Actually lordeldar was given mr recruitment before getting staff position

Check out THUNDER X

Offline Bricc

• ├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Launcher
    • View Profile
    • Nem-Creator
« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2019, 11:00 am »
Actually lordeldar was given mr recruitment before getting staff position

I'm pretty sure he got them at the same time.

Moderator, Moderator Recruiter, Reviewer, Editor

Offline Ethan2009

• Local annoyance.
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • Failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2019, 11:00 am »
A similar time
8)

Offline Bricc

• ├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Launcher
    • View Profile
    • Nem-Creator
« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2019, 11:03 am »
A similar time

Well, not really. As far as I'm aware, it was decided he was getting the MR recruitments before he was promoted. Since they wanted all recruitments to be ran by staff, they clearly had intentions of promoting him (that we didn't know about then). He was promoted before the actual recruitment was opened though.

Moderator, Moderator Recruiter, Reviewer, Editor

Offline Rockyroad797

• A Huge Threat
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
  • Turn on the Heat
    • View Profile
    • The Ultra Fun Plaza
« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2019, 11:04 am »

Bro I suggested him for lt because he is running mr so its sure he got it before

Check out THUNDER X

Offline Ethan2009

• Local annoyance.
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • Failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2019, 11:08 am »
Bro I suggested him for lt because he is running mr so its sure he got it before
They were already promoting him. I'm faceplanting rn
8)

Offline Rockyroad797

• A Huge Threat
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
  • Turn on the Heat
    • View Profile
    • The Ultra Fun Plaza
« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2019, 11:10 am »
fine anything about my app?

Check out THUNDER X

Offline Rockyroad797

• A Huge Threat
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
  • Turn on the Heat
    • View Profile
    • The Ultra Fun Plaza
« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2019, 11:44 am »
Wait, lordeldar is recruiter? man see my app!!!!!!!!!

Check out THUNDER X

Offline seanthechinaman

• MRE
  • Launcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2019, 11:51 am »
Wait, lordeldar is recruiter? man see my app!!!!!!!!!
I now see another reason as to why Recruiters aren't listed in the body of the thread, sorry for leaking them to the public, by the way.

Rocky, please don't harass Recruiters. No single Recruiter is responsible for your application being tended to. He has likely already been shown the application and voted on it.

Offline Rockyroad797

• A Huge Threat
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
  • Turn on the Heat
    • View Profile
    • The Ultra Fun Plaza
« Reply #71 on: June 21, 2019, 11:53 am »
I now see another reason as to why Recruiters aren't listed in the body of the thread, sorry for leaking them to the public, by the way.

Rocky, please don't harass Recruiters. No single Recruiter is responsible for your application being tended to. He has likely already been shown the application and voted on it.

Oh wait. I forgot. Voting takes place. nvm i muffed that up

Check out THUNDER X