Author Topic: Space Warrior 2 Patch  (Read 471 times)

Offline swedenplatformge

• In-order to change your soul, you need to first change your environment.
  • 4th place EGD
  • Cruiser
    • View Profile
Space Warrior 2 Patch
« on: May 25, 2019, 06:32 pm »

Space Warrior 2 is receiving a patch, after receiving criticism for being too "slow" compared to Space Warrior 1. All while, the game generally doesn't (Imo) feel as if it has a great general flow.

So here are some of the changes that the upcoming patch will bring:

1) Better fluidity

2) A greater sense of speed

3) (Potential) extra levels added in

4) Links added to the description where you can find different versions of the game starting from different levels.

Coming 19th June

Offline Rockyroad797

• Legend in Legacy
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
  • #SWAG
    • View Profile
    • The Ultra Fun Plaza
Re: Space Warrior 2 Patch
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2019, 04:36 am »
I have a suggestion. why don't you focus on other games as well instead of spending all time on this one series... u could make another sonic game

CHAMPIONS!

Offline swedenplatformge

• 4th place EGD
  • Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 05:22 pm »
I have a suggestion. why don't you focus on other games as well instead of spending all time on this one series... u could make another sonic game

I'm only mainly focusing on Space Warrior for now, because I feel that Space Warrior deserves some more love. Of course, I have other things cooked up too, so I wouldn't worry if I were you.

Offline swedenplatformge

• 4th place EGD
  • Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2019, 05:24 pm »
But thank you for your feedback, always appreciated to receive some.

Offline swedenplatformge

• 4th place EGD
  • Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2019, 01:08 pm »
A small glimpse of one of the new levels that will be added within this patch:

Oh and, the otherwise original levels are currently being worked upon to be improved.

Offline Rockyroad797

• Legend in Legacy
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
  • #SWAG
    • View Profile
    • The Ultra Fun Plaza
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2019, 01:09 pm »
A small glimpse of one of the new levels that will be added within this patch:

Oh and, the otherwise original levels are currently being worked upon to be improved.

How do you get so many ideas? To make around 20 levels across all games? It takes me months to come up with ideas for 3 levels.

CHAMPIONS!

Offline swedenplatformge

• 4th place EGD
  • Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2019, 01:15 pm »
How do you get so many ideas? To make around 20 levels across all games? It takes me months to come up with ideas for 3 levels.

Jesus, you responded incredibly fast.

And well.. No, I don't make 20 levels in a single month, what gave you that idea?  :)) Space Warrior Advanced had 9 levels in total (if we ignore the intro level), and Space Warrior 2 (currently) only has 5.

As for your question.. Well, I have a big list of tile-combos for my upcoming sploder plats. And I just make sure to use them, all while, coming up with game mechanics for each level which comes from inspiration I draw from other sploder plats that aren't mine. Or I just come up by my own what game mechanics to use next for the next given level.

Offline Rockyroad797

• Legend in Legacy
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
  • #SWAG
    • View Profile
    • The Ultra Fun Plaza
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2019, 01:16 pm »
Jesus, you responded incredibly fast.

And well.. No, I don't make 20 levels in a single month, what gave you that idea?  :)) Space Warrior Advanced had 9 levels in total (if we ignore the intro level), and Space Warrior 2 (currently) only has 5.

As for your question.. Well, I have a big list of tile-combos for my upcoming sploder plats. And I just make sure to use them, all while, coming up with game mechanics for each level which comes from inspiration I draw from other sploder plats that aren't mine. Or I just come up by my own what game mechanics to use next for the next given level.

That idea is legendary! Thanks bro! I will explore all games and even your games as I go!

CHAMPIONS!

Offline swedenplatformge

• 4th place EGD
  • Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2019, 01:19 pm »
Don't sweat it, and I hardly think my idea is that extraordinary, lol
Everyone takes inspiration from everyone, it's nothing new

And if you want to know where I got my recent inspiration from then it's from: "The Vengeance" by Matt
I'm currently using his idea of using those "balls" to make the sensitive "tiles" disappear.

Offline Rockyroad797

• Legend in Legacy
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
  • #SWAG
    • View Profile
    • The Ultra Fun Plaza
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2019, 01:37 pm »
Don't sweat it, and I hardly think my idea is that extraordinary, lol
Everyone takes inspiration from everyone, it's nothing new

And if you want to know where I got my recent inspiration from then it's from: "The Vengeance" by Matt
I'm currently using his idea of using those "balls" to make the sensitive "tiles" disappear.

But how do you get ideas to make a whole big level.... It requires lot of good games... but I can never think of inspiring so much... Because i get no new ideas.

I have observed that if I copied and inspired the starting point of a level, I slowly begin to get new ideas and make the game very different from the one I inspired. I inspired Mission Earth to make Wave of Domination... The first few sequences were same but the game turned out different

CHAMPIONS!

Offline swedenplatformge

• 4th place EGD
  • Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2019, 06:32 am »
But how do you get ideas to make a whole big level.... It requires lot of good games... but I can never think of inspiring so much... Because i get no new ideas.

Well, I suppose it requires experience in making at least decent games indeed. But I don't agree on that what so ever for the most part. I'd say that you need to find a main game mechanic or gimmick/gimmicks to go by for a level (like swimming, or climbing) and then for you to use that very gimmick throughout the level.

And to make sure that it is handled differently in every segment that it is being brought back.

I have observed that if I copied and inspired the starting point of a level, I slowly begin to get new ideas and make the game very different from the one I inspired. I inspired Mission Earth to make Wave of Domination... The first few sequences were same but the game turned out different

For games to turn out different in the end from how one originally visioned it, is extremely common. It doesn't have to be a bad thing because the original vision might've not been that great to begin with, which is why changing it came naturally to one's instincts during the process of making the game. It's like a great man once said: "no idea is pure, every idea is dumb, the execution is what counts".

The fact that a game about a blue hedgehog got a lot of fame or a game about a red plumber did as well... Goes to prove that statement's point. It's not a matter of the "ideal idea", because no idea is ever going to be "ideal". It's all a matter of how you execute things, period.

Offline Rockyroad797

• Legend in Legacy
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
  • #SWAG
    • View Profile
    • The Ultra Fun Plaza
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2019, 07:08 am »
Well, I suppose it requires experience in making at least decent games indeed. But I don't agree on that what so ever for the most part. I'd say that you need to find a main game mechanic or gimmick/gimmicks to go by for a level (like swimming, or climbing) and then for you to use that very gimmick throughout the level.

And to make sure that it is handled differently in every segment that it is being brought back.

For games to turn out different in the end from how one originally visioned it, is extremely common. It doesn't have to be a bad thing because the original vision might've not been that great to begin with, which is why changing it came naturally to one's instincts during the process of making the game. It's like a great man once said: "no idea is pure, every idea is dumb, the execution is what counts".

The fact that a game about a blue hedgehog got a lot of fame or a game about a red plumber did as well... Goes to prove that statement's point. It's not a matter of the "ideal idea", because no idea is ever going to be "ideal". It's all a matter of how you execute things, period.

Nvm I started out on a level in my ben 10 game and its coming out terrific just like your space warrior

CHAMPIONS!

Offline swedenplatformge

• 4th place EGD
  • Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2019, 12:34 pm »
You didn't like my Space Warrior game? How come?

Offline Rockyroad797

• Legend in Legacy
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
  • #SWAG
    • View Profile
    • The Ultra Fun Plaza
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2019, 12:46 pm »
You didn't like my Space Warrior game? How come?

I loved it! I never said I didn't like it.

CHAMPIONS!

Offline swedenplatformge

• 4th place EGD
  • Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2019, 10:08 am »
I loved it! I never said I didn't like it.

Oh, my mistake then

its coming out terrific just like your space warrior

I thought "terrific" was a negative word, glad you like Space Warrior, thanks again, man.

Offline Rockyroad797

• Legend in Legacy
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
  • #SWAG
    • View Profile
    • The Ultra Fun Plaza
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2019, 10:11 am »
Oh, my mistake then

I thought "terrific" was a negative word, glad you like Space Warrior, thanks again, man.

Lots of inspiration, I used your rollercoaster idea too, and I used your idea of having three routes, which will lead to one place. In one part in your game if I fell off the blocks leading to a coaster, to the spikes, I still can finish the game using another route. Good idea.

CHAMPIONS!