Author Topic: This forum is dead  (Read 933 times)

Offline Rockyroad797

• Omnimatrix
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • -__-
    • View Profile
    • The Ultra Fun Plaza
Re: This forum is dead
« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2019, 10:11 am »

CHAMPIONS!

Offline mk6520

• JUST DONT LOOK DOWN
  • Guard
  • I am a misfit, I am Christian
    • View Profile
    • mk6520 world
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2019, 05:24 am »
It doesn't, but okay pal
It actually does

Offline Aplatformerdude

• Andrew
  • Soldier
  • Guard
  • My sense of humor is atrocious.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2019, 06:14 am »
It actually does
Well that's your opinion then, can't say I agree with it in the slightest though
Remorse does not atone for the actions of the guilty.

Offline Rockyroad797

• Omnimatrix
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • -__-
    • View Profile
    • The Ultra Fun Plaza
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2019, 10:18 am »
It actually does

Finally a sensible person

CHAMPIONS!

Offline 7grant2

• Mogura
  • That One Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2019, 07:08 pm »
It is and I'm really sad to see that. This place could be so much fun but everyone just ran away because of this stupid sentence (FlaSH wiLL dIE) spreading around, resulting in everyone losing hope not only about Sploder but every website powered by Flash. and now there is a decline in the activity. There aren't any new and active members. Everyone who joins this place nowadays leaves immediately when (s)he sees how dead this place is.
Just look at these depressing charts showing the decline of interest in Sploder:

Sorry for the Cyrillic text.

Sploder is dead because every kid plays games on an iPad or iPhone and can easily download it from the App Store or google play store. The age of forums is essentially dead with the normalization of social media and YouTube. The Sploder model did not scale to the modern age of the internet. Geoff, while a brilliant programmer, he is just one man, and did not have the time to port Sploder to a mobile app (nor the interest, he’s a web dev).

If you look at your statistics, you’ll see that around the age of decline is when tablets and phones became the new personal computer, bringing a change in how people interact with the media.

Flash dying wasn’t what killed Sploder, but was but the nails in the coffin. It would take a miracle programmer to resurrect this website and bring it to the mobile world. However, the “community” would essentially die, unless it was well ported to mobile. And tbh, it’s not happening.

You are right. Just because they are teens they can't swear like that. Whatever age you are a person must be humble and good, swearing is really bad. They won't have a successful life if they swear like that
I hate to break it to ya, but pretty much every adult swears. I’ve been on this earth a few more rotations than you.

Offline Ethan2009

• Local annoyance.
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • Failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2019, 08:45 pm »
I really don't get your grudge against swearing, I don't swear, and it's not like I endorse it, but I don't like start a revolt over it either. Just ignore it and move on.
8)

Offline Hyperchief

• Tribal alien
  • Turret
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2019, 08:47 pm »
If I'm going to be honest, I appreciate the discord server, and it did seem to be quite active and all, but I personally can't seem to get adjusted there. I don't know, the people seem friendly but I can't find myself really fitting in well.

Offline mk6520

• JUST DONT LOOK DOWN
  • Guard
    • View Profile
    • mk6520 world
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2019, 10:03 pm »
Well that's your opinion then, can't say I agree with it in the slightest though
swearing is bad.And i found a passage:

"It's just useless Swearing literally changes nothing. It can cause no harm to the person who is swearing but sure can change about what people think about people who swears. Your just creating a bad impression. It's very useless to swear. It just offends other people or it just takes hurts their feeling. Swear words are considered to be faul language, Bad word, Vulgar words etc. So why use them! Your JUST BRING VERY MEAN AND RUDE TO OTHER PEOPLE. And being a manner less uncivilized citizen who does not care about what others feel you swear at them. SO JUST STOP SWEARING AND MAKE THIS WORLD A BETTER WORLD!"

Offline mk6520

• JUST DONT LOOK DOWN
  • Guard
    • View Profile
    • mk6520 world
« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2019, 10:04 pm »
I hate to break it to ya, but pretty much every adult swears. I’ve been on this earth a few more rotations than you.
True but theres a reason why there are laws in place with swearing.Well over here at least

Offline Rockyroad797

• Omnimatrix
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • -__-
    • View Profile
    • The Ultra Fun Plaza
« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2019, 01:38 am »

Tbh you have been in this earth more than 5 revolutions than me and second, swearing is limited to small swear words which even kids do, but never the F Word

CHAMPIONS!

Offline Aplatformerdude

• Andrew
  • Soldier
  • Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2019, 08:22 am »

"It's just useless Swearing literally changes nothing. It can cause no harm to the person who is swearing but sure can change about what people think about people who swears. Your just creating a bad impression. It's very useless to swear. It just offends other people or it just takes hurts their feeling. Swear words are considered to be faul language, Bad word, Vulgar words etc. So why use them! Your JUST BRING VERY MEAN AND RUDE TO OTHER PEOPLE. And being a manner less uncivilized citizen who does not care about what others feel you swear at them. SO JUST STOP SWEARING AND MAKE THIS WORLD A BETTER WORLD!"
Spoken like a true politician.

If you consider curse words a genuine problem in the modern world, I have no idea what you think of more concerning issues.

Look. What you're saying, "it offends other people or it just hurts their feeling" is true in itself. But only when swearing is directed at others in a serious way. Flaming is ridiculously rare, and certainly the server is not tolerant of it. If you fear you won't be able to settle in, that's a perfectly fine reason. What you cannot falsely say, imply or accuse us of doing is constantly target others and "attack" them. That is not what we're about.

Offline Ethan2009

• Local annoyance.
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • Failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2019, 08:35 am »
Spoken like a true politician.

If you consider curse words a genuine problem in the modern world, I have no idea what you think of more concerning issues.

Look. What you're saying, "it offends other people or it just hurts their feeling" is true in itself. But only when swearing is directed at others in a serious way. Flaming is ridiculously rare, and certainly the server is not tolerant of it. If you fear you won't be able to settle in, that's a perfectly fine reason. What you cannot falsely say, imply or accuse us of doing is constantly target others and "attack" them. That is not what we're about.
I don't even understand how this is an argument when aplat makes spot on points lol.
8)

Offline seanthechinaman

• MRE
  • Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2019, 09:50 am »

Is this passage from your own mouth, by chance?

Offline Rockyroad797

• Omnimatrix
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • -__-
    • View Profile
    • The Ultra Fun Plaza
« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2019, 09:52 am »
Bad Words are called Bad Words for a reason. They are bad. If you do bad things by saying bad words, why don't you kill people? It is like that.

CHAMPIONS!

Offline Aplatformerdude

• Andrew
  • Soldier
  • Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2019, 10:10 am »
Bad Words are called Bad Words for a reason. They are bad. If you do bad things by saying bad words, why don't you kill people? It is like that.
What people call it doesn't matter. Swear words, curse words, supposed "bad words", they have no influence over what you're saying.

How about you just admit you're debating for no reason at all and just accept you're in the wrong here?

Same goes for mk, as my previous post may have indicated.

Offline Unovi

• Creator of Phantasm
  • Soldier
  • Turret
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2019, 10:57 am »
Swear words are sentence enhancers. Have you never seen SpongeBob?

The reason they're given a taboo following is so that it means more and emphasises more emotionally when they're used. Kids are told they're bad words so they don't misuse that 'power'.

I mean the reason is more a culmination of different histories the words hold but in this age they're pretty good at letting out stress and emotion.

Offline Ethan2009

• Local annoyance.
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • Failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 25, 2019, 11:53 am »
haha It is I think
8)

Offline Rich3001k

• Soldier
  • Cruiser
  • epic
    • View Profile
    • YT
« Reply #77 on: May 25, 2019, 01:04 pm »
Sploder is dead because every kid plays games on an iPad or iPhone and can easily download it from the App Store or google play store. The age of forums is essentially dead with the normalization of social media and YouTube. The Sploder model did not scale to the modern age of the internet. Geoff, while a brilliant programmer, he is just one man, and did not have the time to port Sploder to a mobile app (nor the interest, he’s a web dev).
If you look at your statistics, you’ll see that around the age of decline is when tablets and phones became the new personal computer, bringing a change in how people interact with the media.
Flash dying wasn’t what killed Sploder, but was but the nails in the coffin. It would take a miracle programmer to resurrect this website and bring it to the mobile world. However, the “community” would essentially die, unless it was well ported to mobile. And tbh, it’s not happening.
That's true. I primarily use mobile. The Discord is easy to access, but the forum isn't.

Offline Rockyroad797

• Omnimatrix
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • -__-
    • View Profile
    • The Ultra Fun Plaza
« Reply #78 on: May 26, 2019, 01:59 am »

The reason they're given a taboo following is so that it means more and emphasises more emotionally when they're used. Kids are told they're bad words so they don't misuse that 'power'.

I mean the reason is more a culmination of different histories the words hold but in this age they're pretty good at letting out stress and emotion.

I will never do it ever

CHAMPIONS!

Offline 7grant2

• Mogura
  • That One Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 26, 2019, 06:17 pm »
True but theres a reason why there are laws in place with swearing.Well over here at least
Where is “over here”?
Tbh you have been in this earth more than 5 revolutions than me and second, swearing is limited to small swear words which even kids do, but never the F Word
The F bomb never killed anyone. It’s literally a word.
Bad words are bad because they are bad? https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/begging-the-question
But furthermore cursing has benefit in dealing with pain https://youtu.be/66K65z5lxlk

Swear word are “improper” in the some settings, and are generally avoided by kids, and the abundance of swearing marks for someone of an entirely different culture, but nothing bad. Bad things hurt other people or themselves. Swear words as insults are bad. Saying f*** yeah with your buds in excitement isn’t bad, as not bad intent is made.

Offline Ethan2009

• Local annoyance.
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • Failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 26, 2019, 06:22 pm »
Lol
8)

Offline swedenplatformge

• Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 27, 2019, 05:37 pm »
THIS IS A CHRISTIAN SERVER, STOOOP CURSING!
lol

As usual, you are able to articulate your thoughts properly and make extremely valued points. 

Offline mk6520

• JUST DONT LOOK DOWN
  • Guard
    • View Profile
    • mk6520 world
« Reply #82 on: May 29, 2019, 02:57 am »
Its a quote for a reason

Offline mk6520

• JUST DONT LOOK DOWN
  • Guard
    • View Profile
    • mk6520 world
« Reply #83 on: May 29, 2019, 02:57 am »
Where is “over here”?
here in the country i live in
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 03:46 am by mk6520 »

Offline mk6520

• JUST DONT LOOK DOWN
  • Guard
    • View Profile
    • mk6520 world
« Reply #84 on: May 29, 2019, 02:57 am »

Offline mk6520

• JUST DONT LOOK DOWN
  • Guard
    • View Profile
    • mk6520 world
« Reply #85 on: May 29, 2019, 03:01 am »
What people call it doesn't matter. Swear words, curse words, supposed "bad words", they have no influence over what you're saying.

How about you just admit you're debating for no reason at all and just accept you're in the wrong here?

Same goes for mk, as my previous post may have indicated.
(i need a face palm emoji) all three of us started the conditions for this debate so you have to admit to that "You're debating for no reason at all and accept that you're in the wrong here."

Offline Rockyroad797

• Omnimatrix
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • -__-
    • View Profile
    • The Ultra Fun Plaza
« Reply #86 on: May 29, 2019, 07:39 am »
i said the forum is dead and then the topic changed to discord swearing and then to swear words and how it is bad and now we are here

CHAMPIONS!

Offline Aplatformerdude

• Andrew
  • Soldier
  • Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 29, 2019, 09:08 am »
(i need a face palm emoji) all three of us started the conditions for this debate so you have to admit to that "You're debating for no reason at all and accept that you're in the wrong here."
Have a word with yourself for God's sake

Offline eldarado

• The Pokemon Guy
  • Cruiser
  • ness main. kill me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 29, 2019, 01:16 pm »
🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀
THE FORUMS ARE DEAD
🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀
ness main. kill me.

Offline mk6520