Author Topic: This forum is dead  (Read 1354 times)

Offline Rockyroad797

• Legend in Legacy
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
  • #SWAG
    • View Profile
    • The Ultra Fun Plaza
This forum is dead
« on: May 13, 2019, 01:10 pm »
I saw that sploder ms is pretty much dead so i joined the forums to participate in the fun then this also looks dead so i went to discord that is also dead where the heck is everybody

CHAMPIONS!

Offline Rockyroad797

• Legend in Legacy
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
  • #SWAG
    • View Profile
    • The Ultra Fun Plaza
Re: This forum is dead
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 01:11 pm »
out of all i want flump to be active

CHAMPIONS!

Offline splatter

• Soldier
  • Bugmeister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2019, 01:15 pm »
Flump is seanthechinaman

Offline Rockyroad797

• Legend in Legacy
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
  • #SWAG
    • View Profile
    • The Ultra Fun Plaza
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2019, 01:51 pm »
Flump is seanthechinaman

I already know that he is seanthechinaman. but he isn't even as active. You know he was on all the time when he was flump

CHAMPIONS!

Offline Aplatformerdude

• Andrew
  • Soldier
  • Guard
  • Personal text located here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2019, 02:22 pm »
I saw that sploder ms is pretty much dead so i joined the forums to participate in the fun then this also looks dead so i went to discord that is also dead where the heck is everybody
I take it you aren't in the Sploder discord server then? That's pretty much taken over the Forums
Perseverance is a blessing

Offline Ethan2009

• Local annoyance.
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • Failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2019, 03:38 pm »
I already know that he is seanthechinaman. but he isn't even as active. You know he was on all the time when he was flump
People have things in real life...
8)

Offline Rich3001k

• Soldier
  • Cruiser
  • epic
    • View Profile
    • YT
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2019, 05:20 pm »
discord isnt dead

Offline Rockyroad797

• Legend in Legacy
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
  • #SWAG
    • View Profile
    • The Ultra Fun Plaza
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2019, 03:25 am »
discord isnt dead

When you get only 10 posts in one day it is dead

CHAMPIONS!

Offline Rockyroad797

• Legend in Legacy
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
  • #SWAG
    • View Profile
    • The Ultra Fun Plaza
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2019, 03:26 am »
I take it you aren't in the Sploder discord server then? That's pretty much taken over the Forums

CHAMPIONS!

Offline Aplatformerdude

• Andrew
  • Soldier
  • Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2019, 04:55 am »
You're in the wrong Discord server then my friend. We certainly don't have 10 messages per day, far from it.

Offline mk6520

• JUST DONT LOOK DOWN
  • Guard
  • I am a misfit, I am Christian
    • View Profile
    • mk6520 world
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2019, 05:44 am »
Im surprised we are still here

Offline Ethan2009

• Local annoyance.
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • Failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2019, 07:38 am »
You're in the wrong Discord server then my friend. We certainly don't have 10 messages per day, far from it.
Yeah lol, there are thousands of messages a day
8)

Offline swedenplatformge

• In-order to change your soul, you need to first change your environment.
  • 4th place EGD
  • Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2019, 07:39 am »
I think Sploder.tk was more active but I recall it being fairly inactive too. But damn son, it sure is empty around here indeed.

Offline Rockyroad797

• Legend in Legacy
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
  • #SWAG
    • View Profile
    • The Ultra Fun Plaza
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2019, 07:41 am »

I am on "Evil Sploder Project", which was an invite sent by Sticki long back

CHAMPIONS!

Offline Aplatformerdude

• Andrew
  • Soldier
  • Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2019, 09:10 am »
I am on "Evil Sploder Project", which was an invite sent by Sticki long back
You haven't been verified yet, I'm assuming. DM a staff member, they'll do it.

Offline Rockyroad797

• Legend in Legacy
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
  • #SWAG
    • View Profile
    • The Ultra Fun Plaza
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2019, 09:18 am »
You haven't been verified yet, I'm assuming. DM a staff member, they'll do it.

By DM do you mean PM?

CHAMPIONS!

Offline Aplatformerdude

• Andrew
  • Soldier
  • Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2019, 09:29 am »

Offline Plam3n

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2019, 12:36 pm »
Just the forums? The whole Sploder Community is pretty much dead.
I have been around for nearly 5 years now and I just miss the times when the members list of the mainsite was full of online members, both new and old. There was way more activity, this place just felt... alive. I don't know, maybe I was just younger and just saw this website as something magical because of the fact that I can create my own games so I ignored these facts but I still can't deny that this place ysed to have more activity. And despite not being an active forums member back then, people don't even know me, which is great because I had plenty of posts I wrote when I was younger and I didn't really want them there. But this place was more active as well. I get it, everyone's on Discord and all but when you think about it, Discord is just the most active place that has something to do with Sploder. It's still not really that active in my opinion, maybe there are a few more people there but that's it. I can't make these statements as I haven't really seen it all, I'm not active here at all and that's because I just don't like using Discord, but that's what I pretty much see when I take a look at it.
Shortly - The Sploder Community is dead or at least not alive as it used to be.

Offline Rockyroad797

• Legend in Legacy
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
  • #SWAG
    • View Profile
    • The Ultra Fun Plaza
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2019, 12:48 pm »
Just the forums? The whole Sploder Community is pretty much dead.
I have been around for nearly 5 years now and I just miss the times when the members list of the mainsite was full of online members, both new and old. There was way more activity, this place just felt... alive. I don't know, maybe I was just younger and just saw this website as something magical because of the fact that I can create my own games so I ignored these facts but I still can't deny that this place ysed to have more activity. And despite not being an active forums member back then, people don't even know me, which is great because I had plenty of posts I wrote when I was younger and I didn't really want them there. But this place was more active as well. I get it, everyone's on Discord and all but when you think about it, Discord is just the most active place that has something to do with Sploder. It's still not really that active in my opinion, maybe there are a few more people there but that's it. I can't make these statements as I haven't really seen it all, I'm not active here at all and that's because I just don't like using Discord, but that's what I pretty much see when I take a look at it.
Shortly - The Sploder Community is dead or at least not alive as it used to be.

Some people do say it was dead from 2014. But I joined in 2015, and everything was fine until 2017 end. When I returned in 2018, many good members were starting to get inactive. I mean it became totally dead by that time

CHAMPIONS!

Offline Plam3n

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2019, 01:03 pm »
I joined in early 2014 with an unknown to me to this day account (I forgot its name, the account belongs to me and I don't think it can be detected as I was using both a different computer and an Internet Provider at that time) But since I was young and stupid, I used to forgot my passwords. The earliest account I can remember is called "theplamenrn". So I have technically been here for five years now. But that "it's dead since 2014" is not true. Maybe it used to be even more active but that doesn't mean the early 2014 - 2015 and even a bit of 2016 era wasn't fine. I'm saying a bit of 2016 because that's when those kids started flooding the main site with their "hacking skills" and inappropriate games. Not gonna lie, I was one of these people who paid attention to them and I am deeply regretting it. I ended up getting so deeper into this whole thing with stopping them that I eventually got a warning to just stop. It's only my fault. But they just ruined Sploder. I hated it. I'm not saying that there weren't any inappropriate games and kids who go to BugMeNot to get accounts and make people think they are really scary hackers but 2016 was just too much for me. I remember hearing about a member on the forums back in the early days who spammed a lot of inappropriate images. This, for example, is also something that would ruin your Sploder experience. But at least it was just the forums. That's why I couldn't use BBCode when I started posting in the forums back in my early Sploder days, I think. But as I said, 2016 personally ruined Sploder for me. I have never seen so many people who do this at once. Another example, in 2014 - 2015, there was a stolen account called "newaphlife" who used to make a lot of inappropriate games but it was just one person... well okay, there were others, but that still doesn't change the fact that the main site was flooded with too many "hackers" back in 2016.
It's true that Sploder started dying at 2017 though.

Offline Rockyroad797

• Legend in Legacy
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
  • #SWAG
    • View Profile
    • The Ultra Fun Plaza
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2019, 01:05 pm »
Somehow the forum was amazing for me in 2017, idk how but it was very active, and life was pleasant in all worlds - sploder, real life and everywhere

CHAMPIONS!

Offline Plam3n

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2019, 01:07 pm »
Oh yeah, the forums definitely lasted longer. What totally killed them was the stupid thing liamlight did.

Offline Rockyroad797

• Legend in Legacy
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
  • #SWAG
    • View Profile
    • The Ultra Fun Plaza
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2019, 01:20 pm »
Oh yeah, the forums definitely lasted longer. What totally killed them was the stupid thing liamlight did.

This forum is as active as the 2017 MS, and the discord now is as active as 2017 forum. The MS now is just a trash can

CHAMPIONS!

Offline Plam3n

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2019, 01:28 pm »
It is and I'm really sad to see that. This place could be so much fun but everyone just ran away because of this stupid sentence (FlaSH wiLL dIE) spreading around, resulting in everyone losing hope not only about Sploder but every website powered by Flash. and now there is a decline in the activity. There aren't any new and active members. Everyone who joins this place nowadays leaves immediately when (s)he sees how dead this place is.
Just look at these depressing charts showing the decline of interest in Sploder:

Sorry for the Cyrillic text.

Offline Rockyroad797

• Legend in Legacy
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
  • #SWAG
    • View Profile
    • The Ultra Fun Plaza
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2019, 01:32 pm »
Seems like the highest activity was during 2012 beginning, as well as surprisingly 2015 middle, which is a time even I was here, as a 7 year old kid.

CHAMPIONS!

Offline Plam3n

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2019, 01:34 pm »
Yeah, it seems like the PPG Creator (and not only) raised the activity back in 2011/2012.

Offline Rockyroad797

• Legend in Legacy
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
  • #SWAG
    • View Profile
    • The Ultra Fun Plaza
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2019, 01:41 pm »
Yeah, it seems like the PPG Creator (and not only) raised the activity back in 2011/2012.

Probably. Anyway, changing the topic, I think there should be a PPG level as the first level of Platformer, so that we can make an introduction level for the logo and the "play" buttons

CHAMPIONS!

Offline Plam3n

• Guard
    • View Profile
PPG in Platformer
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2019, 01:45 pm »
Well, yeah, maybe, but it should be optional. I use the PPG Creator only tbh but I'd talk about this topic.
Anyway, there is 0.000000000000000000000001% chance of this happening because geoff is inactive but yeah, it's true that having this feature would be cool.

Offline Rockyroad797

• Legend in Legacy
  • Soldier
  • Mortar
  • #SWAG
    • View Profile
    • The Ultra Fun Plaza
Re: PPG in Platformer
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2019, 01:47 pm »
Well, yeah, maybe, but it should be optional. I use the PPG Creator only tbh but I'd talk about this topic.
Anyway, there is 0.000000000000000000000001% chance of this happening because geoff is inactive but yeah, it's true that having this feature would be cool.

He has real life things to do but he needs to care at least a little more about this good site he created with faithful members (some) still waiting like you and me. He isn't aiming for anything big like beating roblox, and now the situation has come to aiming to save this site!

CHAMPIONS!

Offline Plam3n

• Guard
    • View Profile
PPG in Platformer
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2019, 01:51 pm »
I wonder what happened to that 3D Creator? He probably canceled it. It's not like I am disappointed, Sploder could be fun without it but imo he should spend some time, just a little time converting (since as we said, he has a personal life and problems and it's completely understandable) Sploder into HTML5. Deep inside, I hope he is actually slowly doing something about it.