Author Topic: Not new, just have been away for like 6-7 years  (Read 469 times)

Offline mega6382

• Mortar
    • View Profile
Not new, just have been away for like 6-7 years
« on: April 30, 2019, 07:01 pm »
Hi Guys,

I hope you are all alright and hopefully some of the folks from older days are still around. This used to be such an amazing community and hopefully its still that vibrant.

So a little about myself to those who don't know, I used to spend a lot of my time on Sploder(main site and forums), almost all the time that wasn't spent in school or doing homework or sleeping, I spent here and then I was banned from the community forums because I found a bug that allowed me to post in the locked threads(it was in the old version of the community forums) and instead of informing the moderators I abused it, which landed me a warning and then a ban, it was pretty stupid and foolish on my part but I was a child(12-13 yrs old) at the time and didn't know any better.

But still this community was a method for me to connect with hundreds of other users that used to spend time here, we would really have fun and collaborate on  different types of contests and whatnot, we would utilize the tool that was used to create the old community forums and create new community forums for each other and host them on free hosting sites, it was really fun, as a matter of fact this community was the place that inspired me to choose my career, Software Engineering and I'll forever be grateful for that to this community.

So, i basically just wanted to post this to say thanks and reminisce the old days, and am looking forward to participating once again in this amazing community.

PS: I really hope that I don't get banned again, because I remember that I tried to login once before around 3-4 years ago and my account was automatically banned and it stated that the ban from the previous forums was still valid or something.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 07:06 pm by mega6382 »

Offline Crazykittyzz

• Soldier and a
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • sivershadows ;-;
    • View Profile
    • Sploder
Re: Not new, just have been away for like 6-7 years
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2019, 02:27 am »
Well hey. Welcome back!

Offline partyman532

• Turret
    • View Profile
Re: Not new, just have been away for like 6-7 years
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 01:04 am »
I'm in the same camp as you. I never really used this site a whole lot, but it's nice to check back every once in a while. (edit: Apparently this is my first post on the forums, lol)