Author Topic: "King Bricc" - A review of Saving Princess Bricc" by bricc Reviwer Application  (Read 484 times)

Offline sparrowblue

• Speeder
  • Let's make sploder 2020 POSSIBLE
    • View Profile
This is my third attempt at my reviewer application.

I was looking through bricc's profile when something caught my eye.I saw a title that read "Saving Princess Bricc." I saw the April fools version of this game but now I was sure it was definitely not April 1st.I clicked on it because of that.It was from the arcade game creator.In my opinion, the arcade game creator is the easiest one but I didn't know bricc's skill level with it.I do know that he can make me laugh!He said "I think bricc is thicc."I didn't know what to expect from this game so being excited I clicked on it as quickly as possible.

Firstly, I will go through the story of this game.The story was simple(at first).You travel across islands and you come across a place called Ensvale. The imagination is good but I was expecting it to get better.You came across a scientist who loses the princess.You teleport to this factory and something suspicious was going on.These two people were discussing about a secret base.This builds up tension for me and I like the feeling of tension.It was a cliffhanger at the end of World 2.It is quite difficult to leave the player puzzled.I said to myself "Who, What, When, Where and Why?" The tension went on for a bit when everything slowly got revealed in 3-2.The scientist has a long talk with you about him trying to capture the princess.The thing that I hated here is that bricc spammed the scientist and should have used link logic and linked up to the text because it left me puzzled.The number of scientists used got on my nerves.The imagination was even better now and I was astonished about how the plot was that well developed.Well done but how did all these different worlds look!?

Secondly, I will go over the level design.The level design was amazing.He made the background and scenery blend in with all the levels.The level design never dragged on and it's hard not to do that.There was no repeated level design and I do that lots of times.He used nice textures as well as they were complex and had nice colours.Bricc made me feel like living in Ensvale because of how pretty and complex everything was.You made everything blend in and I love it but what was playing it like?!

Thirdly, I will rant on about the gameplay.The gameplay was good.You travel and look at the nice views of Ensvale while solving puzzles in the 1st World.The link logic was incredible because he didn't just include 1 switch but many different switches and it added a bit of a challenge.One of the puzzles, you had to touch all three flowers and then touch the time limited switch.There were collectables on the way and that made me happy because it made me want to explore more and it added more challenge.I think bricc made the collectables easy to see at times so the player is tempted to get them.The factory levels rose the difficulty up but this was good because it stopped the game from getting boring.He put infinite lives at the start which encouraged me to keep playing.The final boss was lower than my expectations though.It was just a boss placed with a few obstacles.I expect a better boss next time.I felt that the miniboss was too kind to me as you got magic bullets when you didn't really need them as there was just a couple of enemies.You are probably thinking of the difficulty now and I'll cover that.

I'm going to go over on how balanced I thought the difficulty was.The difficulty was balanced because it started off easy and gradually became more difficult.It didn't become raging though.I'm going to cover the imagination too.The imagination was great because bricc was able to come up with his own fantasy land and a complex plot.I finished this game and it's good that bricc made sure it was possible.At a job interview I can tell them I won this game and they would hire me because it's by bricc.

Ratings,

Background - 5 star ★★★★★(Never decreased in quality and was great).

Gameplay - 4 star ★★★★(Just need to improve the gameplay in some parts).

Story - 5 star ★★★★★(Unexpected plot).

Imagination - 4 star ★★★★(Good imagination)

Balanced Difficulty - 4 star ★★★★(Mostly balanced)

Overall - 5 star ★★★★★(Fantastic game)

Overall, everything was great.Just needs some slight improvements but I can see why this game was feature worthy.I really enjoyed it!Well done bricc!
From your friend, sparrow.:D

Offline Ethan2009

• Local annoyance.
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • Failure.
    • View Profile
Bricc's a noob, but I'll accept or deny it in a bit
8)

Offline Ethan2009

• Local annoyance.
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • Failure.
    • View Profile
I'm going to have to deny it. The grammar is very poor, and there aren't spaces between each sentence. You also did not go into much depth in many parts. For example, you said "The imagination is good but I was expecting it to get better." although thats a confusing and superficial statement, it really does not tell anything nor make sense. sorry, but denied.
8)

Offline sparrowblue

• Speeder
  • Let's make sploder 2020 POSSIBLE
    • View Profile
How many weeks will I have to wait?
From your friend, sparrow.:D

Offline seanthechinaman

• MRE
  • Launcher
    • View Profile
I'm going to have to deny it. The grammar is very poor, and there aren't spaces between each sentence. You also did not go into much depth in many parts. For example, you said "The imagination is good but I was expecting it to get better." although thats a confusing and superficial statement, it really does not tell anything nor make sense. sorry, but denied.

' although ' is usually used as in ' in spite of the fact ', so your use of it here is quite confusing and dare i say, superficial.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 03:25 pm by seanthechinaman »

Offline seanthechinaman

• MRE
  • Launcher
    • View Profile
How many weeks will I have to wait?

one week, as per usual. you may re-apply on the 4th May ( Ethan, you need to start telling people when they can re-apply )
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 03:25 pm by seanthechinaman »