Author Topic: "This Game is Immortal Standard" - Killing An Immortal By Lordeldar  (Read 895 times)

Offline sparrowblue

• Burbyboy the Jujitzuist
  • Guard
  • Oh.Don't touch me there.This is my no no square.
This is my second attempt to write a review that is "reviewer" standard to become a reviewer.

Firstly, I want to go over the story in this game. The story was simple to get used to and was very easy to remember. There is an immortal god and he is blinded by power.You have to stop him and get your powers back because you chose to be powerless.The story was amazing because it was"well" developed and it makes you feel for the characters as they have personality traits.I liked how there was a prologue to introduce the story and the way you built the prologue up was great.There was a lot of reading in the prologue but it's worth it and I'm glad you did not spam the wizard and used link logic to link up text to a certain character so well done!I like how the story builds up and it's not just a case of going through worlds and meeting the bad guy at the end of it.You make up reasons for it and make the story more intense each world.I didn't get past world 3 but if I did then I would have more to say about the story.You could have used the players' thoughts though and add a more complex plot but I don't know if you did that near the end because I got to the "middle" of world 3 and died.

Secondly, I want to go over the level design.The design on this game is great!I liked how your textures were and they were really beautiful.The background color was great and the best part is that the scenery blends in with the background.The background color fits in with the background as well.It's the fact that you can turn the forest into a void is what puts a smile to my face.I don't know why there was cactus in a void though.

Thirdly, I will go through the gameplay. The gameplay was really fun and enjoyable. You made it fun by always making obstacles everywhere you go.There is never any times where you will be just walking without anything in your path. You added secrets in your game and it tempts the player because they get more points if they collect them.Some secrets are in more "complex" hiding spots which I find amazing.There is link logic everywhere."I feel encouraged to kill this enemy because something great might happen" I said to myself everytime I saw an enemy on this game.The boss battles are fun and difficult but encourage the player to carry on as there is so much health and that's what I like about this game because you give people a chance to enjoy the levels as there are a lots of extra lives available.You made the obstacles fit in with the story which is outstanding.You have proven that it's possible and that's good.The music went well with the levels and that's quite difficult to pull off.

Finally, i'm going to go over the problems I have with this game.On 2-3 I skipped this barrier part for some odd reason and I don't know why.On World 1 you say what abilities you need on each world and you don't mention you need the double jump on World 3 and that's where I got up to.If I just would've known I needed it I would have got past World 3.Sometimes, there is too much stuff in the way when I'm trying to get past a "barrier" section of the level.The levels can be too long at times and on some levels I'm wondering when the level will ever end.Some characters come out of nowhere like a gang of these rough people come up in 2 levels and then afterwards they're never mentioned ever again.I'm sure there are a few more problems but not many because this game is mostly great.

Ratings,

Background-★★★★★ 5 star

Gameplay-★★★★ 4 star

Story-★★★★ 4 star

Imagination-★★★★ 1/2 4.5 stars

Balanced Difficulty★★★ 1/2 3.5 stars

Overall ★★★★★ 5 stars

In Conclusion, this was a fun game to play.The difficulty went from easy to hard and hard to easy at times.The level design was outstanding and how you've imagined all of this story is good.The gameplay was outstanding as there was extras and all kinds of obstacles to pass was great.I voted this 5 stars because of all of this.

Thanks for reading!

« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 04:45 pm by sparrowblue »
From your friend, sparrow.:D

Offline Ethan2009

• Idk
  • TRASH
  • Disruptor
  • idk
Denied. Not bad for your first review, but it was short and superficial, and there were grammar errors.
Idunno

Offline laughingcowking1

• Guard
  • 3 2 1 Let’s Jam!
    • https://m.soundcloud.com/user-897167935
Short?
“Faye Faye! Smoke Smoke, Faye Faye! Puff Puff, Faye Faye!”

Offline Ethan2009

• Idk
  • TRASH
  • Disruptor
  • idk
Idunno

Online seanthechinaman

• 15x EGD Runnerup
  • Launcher
Denied. Not bad for your first review, but it was short and superficial, and there were grammar errors.

Any specific sentence or paragraph you had a problem with?
new games > old games

Offline Ethan2009

• Idk
  • TRASH
  • Disruptor
  • idk
Any specific sentence or paragraph you had a problem with?
yeah, ill get into more detail
Idunno

Offline sparrowblue

• Burbyboy the Jujitzuist
  • Guard
  • Oh.Don't touch me there.This is my no no square.

Thanks Ethan2009.Next time I will try to correct my grammar and make it longer.I needed to go more into detail but it's hard.Maybe next time though?
From your friend, sparrow.:D

Offline Ethan2009

• Idk
  • TRASH
  • Disruptor
  • idk
First off, you didn't specify what you liked and why you liked it. You mainly said it was good, and the story was good. Your next try, you should tell why the thing you liked was good, like the enemy placement or gameplay. The grammar was also strange, you used "i'm" and you should have used a capital "I", and you said "came out of nowhere like a gang of rough people" which was strange wording.
Idunno

Offline Ethan2009

• Idk
  • TRASH
  • Disruptor
  • idk
Thanks Ethan2009.Next time I will try to correct my grammar and make it longer.I needed to go more into detail but it's hard.Maybe next time though?
yeah, you have potential
Idunno

Online seanthechinaman

• 15x EGD Runnerup
  • Launcher
Oh remember Sparro! You can only re-apply after a week's time.
                                                                    ( 25th April )
new games > old games