Author Topic: My Reviews for Editor  (Read 503 times)

Offline billu

• Cruiser
  • Hello Everybody!
    • View Profile
My Reviews for Editor
« on: April 14, 2019, 12:42 pm »
Here are my reviews for editor:

(Feature Worthy, because the game introduces unique mechanisms using the physics puzzle maker and overall is very neat and definitely looks like it took a good amount of effort to create.)

The Aim to be a Victor

Hello people! Where were you? Oh, so you were busy? Oh alright, welcome to my review of Crash Bandicoot by Daniel567! But before I proceed to the review, I would like to talk a bit about Daniel himself. Daniel was an underrated member, who needed some recognition. He achieved that with his first featured game called V8. Shortly after, Daniel released Crash Bandicoot. I was personally never expecting a featured Crash Bandicoot game on Sploder, but Daniel proved me incorrect. Daniel has amazing game-making skills, and Crash Bandicoot is the proof. But I think that's enough information about Daniel, and let's move on to the actual review!

The thumbnail of Crash Bandicoot appeals to a gamer. The name of the game, and the thumbnail of the game possess the gamer, and assures the gamer that the game is going to be amazing. Crash Bandicoot's thumbnail stands out from the bland thumbnails. The scenery in the thumbnail looks amazing, and makes the gamer think about what the game might be about, which leads up to the gamer clicking the game. In the thumbnail, I saw a person holding a huge weapon, and shooting some rivals. I turned out to be correct. The thumbnail captured one of the levels perfectly, and gives a overall preview of the game. But the thumbnail isn't the only aspect of an amazing game. There are many other aspects of a good game. So let's move on to the other aspects of the game!

The gameplay is one of the most important aspects of a feature-worthy game. Solid gameplay is one of the aspects, that defines an amazing game. The player in Crash Bandicoot is a bit too fast. I personally think that Daniel could've reduced the speed of the player, but at least it makes the game a bit more challenging. Amazing gamers like difficult challenges, don't they? Another aspect of Crash Bandicoot required the player to drag an object to a set-goal, and once the set-goal was achieved, it would trigger a certain thing, that allows the player to proceed in the game. That has been seen before in some other games, and it's a nice addition to the game. Some of the platforming-sequences required the player to jump over obstacles such as lava, and land on a platform. The platforms were not too far away from the player, and not too close to the player. Daniel managed to balance it out. But while the player has to jump on the platforms, the player also has to dodge obstacles which shoot out from the lava. The player has to correctly time his jumps, or the player will have to restart the level. I personally like how Daniel keeps the difficulty moderate with the platforming-sequences. I think all of you have seen the ability to control two players in one level before. Crash Bandicoot has the ability to control two players in one level. The main player has to achieve the main tasks, and the secondary player has to achieve the secondary tasks. Once the secondary player achieves the secondary tasks, it leads up to allowing the main player to proceed. That's an amazing aspect, because it increases the challenge, and requires the player to consider his actions a bit more. That's one of the reasons to why this game is feature-worthy. I also saw the use of a switch-mechanism, which triggers certain things in the game. The player has to reach a switch, and the switch triggers things like an elevator, so that the player can reach the elevator and proceed in the game. I've personally never seen that before, and it's a bit unique. Some unique aspects in a game also add up to the overall result, and those results determine if a game is feature-worthy or not. But while the game had amazing aspects, it still had some flaws. An elevator can push the player into the ground, and it's really difficult for the player to come out of the ground, or else the player has to restart the level. But there weren't that many flaws, and the game still managed to be feature-worthy, because of it's other amazing aspects.

The scenery is another important aspect of a game. The scenery is one of the aspects that determines if a game is bland or not. Crash Bandicoot had amazing scenery. I saw the use of some animated graphics, and I liked how the tiles and etc were detailed. I also liked some of the textures that Daniel used. In one of the levels, I saw the use of a grid-type pattern, and it made the game stand out. Some of the things that I saw in the game were graphics of clouds which made the sky look detailed, and the use of animated waterfall graphics, which gave a profound effect to the scenery. I personally think that a game should have some type of a profound effect on the player, and Crash Bandicoot managed to achieve that. A profound effect on the player can increase the chances of a game being feature-worthy a bit, but a profound effect on the player isn't the only thing that makes a game feature-worthy. There are many other aspects that make a game feature-worthy, and the main aspects are: Gameplay, Scenery, decent Storyline/Plot, and some unique aspects as well.

Now that we have talked about all of the important aspects of the game, let's move on to the overall result, which will determine if this game is feature-worthy or not. The game was amazing for the most part, but still had some flaws. As I mentioned before, the game had a flaw where the player is pushed into the ground by an elevator etc. Yes, it can be a bit irritating sometimes, but does it really determine if the game is feature-worthy or not? I personally say no, because just one flaw in a game doesn't determine if a game is feature-worthy or not. Almost every game has some flaws, and no game is totally perfect. We still have to look at the other important aspects of a game. The gameplay overall was really nice, and the gameplay managed to pass the current standards of game-making on Sploder. Like I said before, the gameplay is one of the most important aspects of a game, and it has a fairly huge say, in determining if a game is feature-worthy or not. Since Crash Bandicoot managed to have solid gameplay, it's chances of getting featured have increased. But before we determine the results, I would like to look at the scenery as well. The scenery isn't that much of a huge aspect that determines if a game is feature-worthy or not, but it can still increase the chances of a game being featured. I personally liked the scenery of the game, but Daniel could've implemented a bit more scenery in some other parts of the game. I saw a level where there were barely any textures etc. I only saw the use of some graphics. But textures and etc isn't the only thing that determines if the scenery is good or not. Sometimes, I liked how the scenery has no textures, because the scenery can still look decent without textures sometimes. But I'm not saying that there should be no textures at all. I would still like some textures in a game. So is this game feature-worthy? I say yes, it is feature-worthy. Even though the game had some flaws, the game is still feature-worthy, because like I said before, almost every game has some flaws, and no game it totally perfect. The other amazing aspects of this game, managed to make Crash Bandicoot feature-worthy!

RATINGS

THUMBNAIL: 4.5/5.

GGAMEPLAY: 3.8/5.

SCENERY: 4/5.

OVERALL: 4.1/5.

Games like Crash Bandicoot are amazing games for gamers, and they have a good balance of difficulty, so that beginning-gamers, and amazing-gamers can all beat the game. I'm a fairly good gamer, and I've beaten the game a few times myself. I can assure all of you that Crash Bandicoot is a decent game for gamers, and an inspiration for game-creators. I suggest that you all try to beat this game, and game-creators like Daniel need some more recognition. Thank you for reading this review, I really appreciate it.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 12:45 pm by billu »

Offline billu

• Cruiser
  • Hello Everybody!
    • View Profile
Re: My Reviews for Editor
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 12:43 pm »
(Non Feature Worthy, because the game is a decent platformer with a good storyline and atmosphere which engages the player but overall doesn't make it groundbreaking. Looks overall decently neat and could still be feature worthy, but if I had to choose one or the other, I would choose the first one over this one.)

The Vice Pay for Their Sinful Deeds!

Hello everybody! Did you have good memories with your siblings? Whether it's being mad at our siblings, or being friendly to our siblings, we still consider them to be the people that give us good memories anyway. But just imagine that unfortunate day, when one of your siblings is put to rest by a group of vice people! Just imagine that you as a normal person picks up a blade in hopes of achieving vengeance! Well, today I'm going to be reviewing a fairly amazing game that has a similar plot. Crimson Blade is a game made by a well known person called dudki! Dudki has made fine works of games that have received a good amount of attention! But for some reason, this gem has not been that good at pulling attention, even though it's still a polished marvel! But enough of chatting, and let's get onto the review, shall we?

The thumbnail of Crimson Blade is decent! The thumbnail is not that good either because it could have used more detail and is a bit bland, but it's just good enough to grab some attention! The thumbnail indicated a serious and intense atmosphere that the player will go through while playing the game, whether it's killing foes, or being perceptive when your health is low, it still makes for one hell of a heart racing game, and the thumbnail succeeds at indicating just that! The background of the thumbnail indicates some kind of a lonely desert type of place, and I know how that's depressing, but sometimes we need these depressing moments in games to spice it up!

The gameplay of Crimson Blade was not that bad. But It's not that good either since the gameplay can get a bit repetitive at times. For example, one or two foes charge at the player by just coming at the player straight onward most of the times! This is not really unique, but this didn't get too repetitive either! The reason is because, some of the enemies jumped out of trees, or were standing alert on towers, and that somewhat kept the gameplay from getting too repetitive. There were also some puzzles in this game too! The puzzles were not too unique either because they have been used before. Some of the puzzles involved using the pressure of a door to force a wheel to move beyond a ramp-tile, so that the wheel can hit a group of perm-switches! Dudki still managed to keep some originality in this puzzle, because it's kind of new how the doors were used to force a wheel beyond a ramp-tile, and the use of a ramp-tile had not been really seen before in this kind of a puzzle! Some of the other puzzles involved throwing a grenade through gears, so that the grenade can hit a perm-switch! Another common puzzle involved using the power-glove to open a one-way door using a bat. These puzzles, like I said before are not too unique, but the fact that dudki still implemented some puzzles is nice! Some of the RPG aspects of Crimson Blade also involved a few puzzles, so if the player chooses to get a whip and solve a puzzle which involves a few sand-blocks, than the player can get some health in the game. There are Platforming-sequences in Crimson Blade as well! Some of the platforming sequences can get a bit tedious at times, but they're rewarding! I'm not going to spoil too much, but one reward is an extra life! Extra lives are a bit important since Crimson Blade progresses in terms of difficulty!

A game that is bland doesn't amaze the eyes! But my eyes were amazed at Crimson Blade's extraordinary scenery! Dudki used the tiles provided in the Platformer creator in a sort of unique way. Two different tiles were placed side by side, which ended up creating patterns, that grabbed the human eye's attention! This kind of scenery has been seen before in some games too, but that quickly seemed to die! But Crimson Blade is the revival of that kind of scenery! The same was implemented with the background walls. But while that was done, has anyone heard that there are graphics in the Platformer creator now? Well, I've searched through some of dudki's decent graphics, and I saw a stone graphic! Next thing you know, that stone graphic was used as scenery in Crimson Blade! The stone graphic filled the gaps which were filled with blandness, and that had a profound effect on Crimson Blade. I also saw the use of an animated fire graphic! The fire graphic was a fine work of creating animated graphics. The fire graphic was found in levels such as the "ruins of Kythera" level! Creating marvelous animated graphics with only the 40x40 graphic size is a decent achievement that dudki has achieved! Who says that you can only use the default platformer scenery provided by the Platformer creator, when dudki made that statement false?!?

A game that's easy is not a challenge for gamers that are looking for hard and quality games! But Crimson Blade has a nice difficulty that players of all game-difficulty levels will be able to play! Although the player's health can get a bit low at times, there are still luckily some health pickups such as med-kits and cookies to help the player out a little bit. In some cases, if the player manages to keep a good amount of health in the game, than Crimson Blade becomes a bit easy to play. But there is still some good amount of difficulty that stands in front of the player! There are platforming-sequences with lava underneath them, and that's pretty difficult even with a good amount of health, because the lava kills the player really fast! But if the player manages to do it just right, than the player's efforts will pay off, and the player can proceed in the game!

RATINGS!

THUMBNAIL: 3.5/5

GAMEPLAY: 3.6/5

SCENERY: 4/5

DIFFICULTY: 5/5

OVERALL: 4/5

Gems like Crimson Blade don't come too often, but when they do come, they bring inspiration for other games, and they pack in a good amount of quality! These gems shouldn't be sunken by other games! They should rightfully keep their title as quality games! Crimson Blade has been featured, and that indicates quality. So before this gem escapes our attention, go play Crimson Blade, and try your hardest to beat this quality game!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 12:46 pm by billu »

Offline lordeldar

• Lidl man
  • Lieutenant
  • Heavy Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2019, 12:52 pm »
Sean already told you that those old reviews are invalid, yet you still post them as your app? Sorry, but you need to write 2 new reviews instead of reusing old ones.

Also, "Gems like Crimson Blade don't come too often, but when they do come, they bring inspiration for other games, and they pack in a good amount of quality! These gems shouldn't be sunken by other games! They should rightfully keep their title as quality games! Crimson Blade has been featured, and that indicates quality. So before this gem escapes our attention, go play Crimson Blade, and try your hardest to beat this quality game!" and a 4/5 doesn't sound like the summary of a non-feature worthy game :/

Achievements:
57 features (62 including collabs)
MSM
Reviewer
Editor
Lt
Voted best Private of 2011
Voted best MSM of 2012 and 2013
Voted best Lt of 2014

Offline billu

• Cruiser
  • Hello Everybody!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2019, 12:57 pm »
Sean already told you that those old reviews are invalid, yet you still post them as your app? Sorry, but you need to write 2 new reviews instead of reusing old ones.

Also, "Gems like Crimson Blade don't come too often, but when they do come, they bring inspiration for other games, and they pack in a good amount of quality! These gems shouldn't be sunken by other games! They should rightfully keep their title as quality games! Crimson Blade has been featured, and that indicates quality. So before this gem escapes our attention, go play Crimson Blade, and try your hardest to beat this quality game!" and a 4/5 doesn't sound like the summary of a non-feature worthy game :/

My bad, I think I misunderstood him into thinking he wanted me to post them here. Sorry and thanks.

And I said if I had to choose one over the other. I think you misunderstood.

I'll be writing the new reviews here shortly.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 12:59 pm by billu »

Offline Ethan2009

• Local annoyance.
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • Failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2019, 01:11 pm »
ok, well not too bad but yeah, 4/5 seems feature worthy to me
8)

Offline billu

• Cruiser
  • Hello Everybody!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2019, 01:24 pm »
ok, well not too bad but yeah, 4/5 seems feature worthy to me

Well, they said I had to give one feature worthy and one non-feature worthy. Of course both of them are feature worthy but if I had to choose one over the other it be the first one. And I also gave a higher rating to the first one check the review.

Offline Ethan2009

• Local annoyance.
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • Failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2019, 01:28 pm »
Well, they said I had to give one feature worthy and one non-feature worthy. Of course both of them are feature worthy but if I had to choose one over the other it be the first one. And I also gave a higher rating to the first one check the review.
you shouldn't have said one of them wasn't feature worthy just for that reason lol. Just write another one
8)