Author Topic: "Here lies agent Stark" - A review of Skull Creek by samuraibiz  (Read 207 times)

Offline samuraibiz

• samuraibiz
  • Turret
  • Hello, be welcome!
    • View Profile
"Here lies agent Stark" - A review of Skull Creek by samuraibiz

Overview:
  Skull Creek, although it looks bleak, as the name suggests, is not it, the game is
lighter than it seems to be, so some songs (like the initial) seems to try to force
you are afraid, the game had to try to be darker than it is today to improve that feeling.

Scenery:
  In this game, the scenery is fantastic, resembling ruins, the caves are good,
although wanna to look scary. If the game had gone to a more epic or adventurous side,
perhaps it had worked out more.

Graphics:
  Some original Sploder graphics need to be changed in this game, like the general dog,
this character has a totally anti-climatic appearance for
the game theme, the owl is the basic of Sploder, this game must
try to be more original in visuals.

Story:
  The story is a problem. The way it is used and its simplicity
(nothing in it is detachable), discourages the player to continue,
but it is not a bad story, just a common story.

Balanced Difficulty?:
  The placement of the Med-Kit is horrible when you enter caves (level 1),
If you want to get the shield, you're probably going to die, this game is
difficult and unfair to most players, and it's a problem.
  There are moments that are impossible for casual players to survive,
as the part that you can't avoid hurt yourself on lava.

Gameplay:
  The Gameplay is very interesting, the maps are really big, and it's a good point,
the game is very long (over 10 minutes of gameplay) and is very explore-2-win, you
can get extra rewards if you desire to explore more.

Rating:

Scenery: 9.5/10 "Great!"

Graphics: 4.5/10 "Mediocre"

Story: 5.0/10 "Average"

Balanced Difficulty: 4.5/10 "Mediocre"

Gameplay: 9.0/10 "Great!"

Game Rating (All the ratings/5): 6,5 "Good"

Conclusion:
  This game needs change, story, graphics, block and powerup placement, but this experience
has great points! Skull Creek 2 can have good potential!

Review by samuraibiz.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 09:56 pm by samuraibiz »

Offline Ethan2009

• Local annoyance.
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • Failure.
    • View Profile
Re: "Here lies agent Stark" - A review of Skull Creek by samuraibiz
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 08:45 pm »
What level did you get to? There was not supposed to be a scary feel, there is not any story like this... The characters are also not graphics, as they are default. Plus, casual players? This isn't unfair in any way tbh, it just takes skill. Not to be mean but if you can beat it that doesn't make it unfair.  But not a bade review
8)

Offline samuraibiz

• samuraibiz
  • Turret
  • Hello, be welcome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 09:09 pm »
What level did you get to? There was not supposed to be a scary feel, there is not any story like this... The characters are also not graphics, as they are default. Plus, casual players? This isn't unfair in any way tbh, it just takes skill. Not to be mean but if you can beat it that doesn't make it unfair.  But not a bade review

I stopped in the middle of level 3, I'm sorry but everything suggests that this was a survival horror, I wanted to say that you needed to change the normal graphics of Sploder, they are very basic, there are mechanics that only experienced players can do, such as SwordClimb, this is unfair.

Offline Ethan2009

• Local annoyance.
  • Mainsite Employee
  • Mortar
  • Failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 09:12 pm »
I stopped in the middle of level 3, I'm sorry but everything suggests that this was a survival horror, I wanted to say that you needed to change the normal graphics of Sploder, they are very basic, there are mechanics that only experienced players can do, such as SwordClimb, this is unfair.
I knew how to sword climb after a month of joining sploder... I thought everyone knew how.
And I see what you mean, but some egl games have these characters so I disagree
8)

Offline samuraibiz

• samuraibiz
  • Turret
  • Hello, be welcome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 09:19 pm »
I knew how to sword climb after a month of joining sploder... I thought everyone knew how.
And I see what you mean, but some egl games have these characters so I disagree

You should at least explain the mechanics, and keeping the original Sploder graphics makes your game look more generic, and the general dog is very anti-climatic for your game

Offline seanthechinaman

• MRE
  • Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2019, 01:30 am »
Denied

What is your native language? Your grammar was shaky throughout the review.

You should also be more specific with your analysis, rather than tell us that something is present in-game, take an example from in game that represents your opinion well.

In future, please refrain from the large titled sections in reviews, I shouldn't need a visual aid to know what the subject of each paragraph is.

You may re-apply March 20th

Offline samuraibiz

• samuraibiz
  • Turret
  • Hello, be welcome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2019, 07:01 am »
Denied

What is your native language? Your grammar was shaky throughout the review.

You should also be more specific with your analysis, rather than tell us that something is present in-game, take an example from in game that represents your opinion well.

In future, please refrain from the large titled sections in reviews, I shouldn't need a visual aid to know what the subject of each paragraph is.

You may re-apply March 20th

My native language is brazillian, I'm sorry, I tried so hard, but I'll try again, It'll be better. But can you be more specific on parts that where I need be more specific?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 07:06 am by samuraibiz »

Offline seanthechinaman

• MRE
  • Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2019, 11:00 am »
My native language is brazillian, I'm sorry, I tried so hard, but I'll try again, It'll be better. But can you be more specific on parts that where I need be more specific?

There is no need to apologize for your nationality.

You should always explain your opinions, presenting factual examples from in-game helps to solidify what you are saying. I would appreciate it if you better explained why you feel the default NPC graphics are ' anti-climactic ', and also if you were to give a small summary of what unfolds in the game's story, the way you described it was very vague, and thus your story paragraph could be applied to any game.

Remember that you can re-apply with improved drafts of past applications as well, although I'd encourage you to review new games each time.